PDA

View Full Version : [Video]Flying

CMaster
05-05-08, 18:04
Some rather silly tricks (http://neocron.linxsoft.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=2), to show Zii that you really can do some nifty stuff with the single seaters at least. No barrel rolls though, sorry anon. Flash players should be working soon (yet seem to be taking inordinatley long).

Jodo
05-05-08, 18:30
Nice vid. Was the downed glider just before the bridge an earlier attempt? Also you spelt it "Muisc" at the end.

Road runner
05-05-08, 18:36
cool, i like the choice of music too. pity we can't do loop the loops in our gliders!

CMaster
05-05-08, 18:36
Was the downed glider just before the bridge an earlier attempt?
An attempt to do a loop actually. When I went vertical, it all went very buggy, my character appeared sat upside down on the glider and all control vanished.

Also you spelt it "Muisc" at the end.
Oops.

pity we can't do loop the loops in our gliders!
I've been told before that it is possible, albeit very difficult. However I never pulled one off sucessfully (the hard bit is you have to abruptly change direction you are steering once you go upside down. Trying it today, I encountered several bugs that made it unable to even go vertical.

Jodo
05-05-08, 18:40
An attempt to do a loop actually. When I went vertical, it all went very buggy, my character appeared sat upside down on the glider and all control vanished.

One of those, where you stall unless you do it just right?

Road runner
05-05-08, 18:55
Just been watching your MotU vids... damn i wish i could have been in them. Look like good fun. Wish someone would organise fight night or another MotU.... Chenoa, where are you! :angel:

Nidhogg
05-05-08, 20:06
She has PM and email inboxes, you know. :p

N

Brammers
05-05-08, 20:33
Wow nice video!

Is there an outtakes version for any of the gliders you crashed or ditched in the water? :p

CMaster
05-05-08, 20:35
Is there an outtakes version for any of the gliders you crashed or ditched in the water? :p

Not a bad idea.
Maybe tomorrow.

Jason Parker
05-05-08, 20:53
Nice one. The GMs should try to set up a ring parcourt like in the initial training missions of X-Wing, I'd love to take part i such kind of flyying skill contest.

james_finn
05-05-08, 20:59
Nice one. The GMs should try to set up a ring parcourt like in the initial training missions of X-Wing, I'd love to take part i such kind of flyying skill contest.

Now theres an idea to put forward to Chenoa! That sounds like fun! (Obviously even better if one section people are allowed to stand under the course and fire anti-air rockets at the contenders!)

/Delphi

CMaster
05-05-08, 21:58

We did it back during the Neocron Race Championship.
Sadly only myself (the organiser) and two of the five entrants was actually able to complete the course, even after we gave them a second attempt.

nabbl
06-05-08, 10:08

I once built 70 Scout Gliders to test a parcour at Desert Racetrack.

Desert Racetrack has some nice "goals" where u can fly through. Wouldnt be that hard to make a Race out of it.