PDA

View Full Version : Detailed map guide

RAB
29-04-08, 23:17
Hi people,

I was thinking about putting together a map sector by sector guide, i.e, whats there, as in any nice dungeons, hunting spots, general mobs you encounter etc...
as far as the dungeons: damage they do etc.. anything people need to know.

thought it would be handy and a nice to have but also good for new players, so people know what cron has to offer etc..

what do you think?

would also appreciate any help - apart from the obvious ones like MB bunker etc.. DM me or post here and I'll compile the guide and post it when done.

thanks in advance.

and yes.. i do have too much time on my hands :)

Marx
29-04-08, 23:34
F_08 has a house that you can pull warbots to, once there you can blast away and duck back to heal if needed. Also has a cabinet that hunters in the area usually leave packed with ammo and recycling junk.

Easily raise a ranged character from 15-20 dex there until 75 or so until it slows way down.

RAB
30-04-08, 09:51
nice one mate. Thanks. Anyone else care to contribute? :(

danmalone
30-04-08, 10:45
A tank that i lvl'd a while back went kinda like this...

MC5... Straight to Aggie cellars p2 running missions (hard at first but gets easier) U can get to base 50str very fast like this...
--------------------------
Then over to the bunker at MB to get a few more (usually with laser or plasma wave cannon from a distance to avoid downtime healing)
--------------------------
Then u got the option of either regants (v nice xp and decent cash)
OR
Firemobbing around CRP (xp prob not as good, but i would say money outcome is a lil better seen as most of mobs drop techs?)

A spy

Personally i'd go with droning (boring but faster)

Although i said droning was faster its NOT to start off with... Due to the lowbie drones been bugged they aint too useful...

My suggestion would be to either get someone to make you sum research missions to run (fast easy xp) and then start droning when u can use something other than the gatlin drones... or roll as rifles/pistols and get to a reasonable lvl and lom to drones.

The 95-100dex period is very tedious when droning it seems to take soo long, i prefer to lom to pistols or rifles and cap killing firemobs/warbots for techs and money. All comes dowen to patience :p

A PE

I havent leveled one of these after the patch came in... i used to start off all my pe's with melee and then have em drive about in a rhino while a tank gunned then i rep'd it and whatnot... afaik the xp and the rhinos in general arent as good as they used to be.

I would have said go drones but this would leave your psi/str/con unleveled so im guessing just go with the conventional pistols/rifles and lvl from there... Personally i would go HC pe tho to lvl from experience, its fast, fun and something different :p

A monk

Now requires alot of time and patience :p I would say go apu and lvl like the tank above except i go to crp caves/el farid instead of the regants part... Ive had a ppu with me the whole time doing this so if you cant do the same i suggest starting ppu and u will need to find groups to be able to lvl.

A researching monk could be a way to lvl in the beginning (run noob res missions to lvl) but im unsure of how the xp rate would work out to begin with. Other than that im not sure :p

-------------------------

If people reading this ARE new players, i stronly suggest a tank as your first char, easy to lvl... and are very viable in most situations :)

/edit Quite possibly my longest ever post :lol:

james_finn
30-04-08, 11:14
Can I suggest that if you do come up with an article that you put it on the wiki? We have a section which was being worked on for new players, and we were looking into a google maps style system with sector information in them.

Send me a PM if you want to know more about how to use the wiki,

Delphi

danmalone
30-04-08, 11:27
Can I suggest that if you do come up with an article that you put it on the wiki? We have a section which was being worked on for new players, and we were looking into a google maps style system with sector information in them.

Send me a PM if you want to know more about how to use the wiki,

Delphi

U reckon that is good enuf for the wiki? :eek: If so i might put it up when i get home from work l8r :p

SizZLeR
30-04-08, 11:41
Its a great idea and i really like it. :)

But the reason i like it is because ive been playing nc for a long time, so now its just a bore when i have to do a manual "search" for the different things in the game.

To some extend im afraid such a detailed guide could become a spoiler, as when i first played nc and for the first time went outside the city to explore, it was so exciting when u zoned and u didnt have a clue of what might be awaiting u. :D

Ofcourse u can avoid reading more than u want to, but is that really what ppl will do?

Its like the yellow ball mystery, i mean well maybe u can dig up its location by searching google i dunno as i havent tried actually. ;)

However as im not a new player who has yet to explore the world of NC, I dont mind a detailed map guide at all. :)

RAB
30-04-08, 12:08
I know exactly what you mean there mate, but you also said it.. read at you own peril type. Then dont complain if it's spoiled it for you.

I was thinking that some people, even experienced players may fancy a change as we all get into habbits of always levelin at Regents etc... and read the doc and think... oh I'll try that for a change.

james_finn
30-04-08, 12:38
U reckon that is good enuf for the wiki? :eek: If so i might put it up when i get home from work l8r :p

Lol the whole point of the wiki is that it doesnt need to be a certain standard of quality for anything to be put up on it, any content is welcome (as long as it falls within the boundaries of the wikis policies) - and the content will evolve as the wiki evolves!

Riddle
30-04-08, 13:36
Definate WIKI candidate, also remember people can then expand or amend the guide so it never gets OLD!;)

RAB
01-05-08, 12:31
Definate WIKI candidate, also remember people can then expand or amend the guide so it never gets OLD!;)

ok, excuse my ignorance, what exactly is the wiki?

If i can add this to the wiki and people can add to it then it's perfect for this..
how do i access, add doc etc?

thx

james_finn
01-05-08, 13:00
ok, excuse my ignorance, what exactly is the wiki?

If i can add this to the wiki and people can add to it then it's perfect for this..
how do i access, add doc etc?

thx

The wiki can be found [[here (http://wiki.techhaven.org)]] ....

* First you will need to make a new account, so that you can edit pages
* Then the wiki policy can be found [[here (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Neocron_Wiki:Policy)]]
* One you have looked at both of those there is a guide to making a new page [[here (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Neocron_Wiki:Editing)]]
* And if you need any help then leave me a message on my talk page here, or send me a PM on the forums!

/Delphi

RAB
01-05-08, 15:33
Thanks. Done.

It's brilliant. *All excited* Got a good idea...

Can you maybe sort out a world map, so that you can click on any sector which will then pop up a page with sector info etc.. as per guide idea ???

how that sound? Is that possible?

Every one can then add info and by the looks of the Wiki, you wont need to add too much info on each page as you can link dungeon, mob info etc... to other existing info pages..

yes?