PDA

View Full Version : [OT] tinterweb woes

Dribble Joy
23-04-08, 03:03
Righty.

Maintainance was done to the internet in my area, fair dos and all that. Alas something went poo up when my housemates reworked the router/modem workings. They can all get the internet but I can't.

My connection says little/no connectivity. Normally this means a restart and it's fixed, but no amount of doing so does anything, nor restarting the router or modem.

Currently on a housemate's laptop. I have checked the router settings page and the listed connected comps includes mine, but I only know this because I recognise the MAC address, the name simply says (null).

What the hairy butt munch is going on?

NAPPER
23-04-08, 06:37
we had this all the time at the old hotel where i worked its the speed they are sending you has droped if u could get it last time and now u cant. When the amount of people using the net in the hotel grow past 20 no one else could get on unless someone was booted cos the speed was so shit

Heavyporker
23-04-08, 06:40
First thing I would do would be to delete and reinitalize your entry on the router's settings. That way, it's a new name, new address, etc. That should make your router permit your computer.

Dribble Joy
23-04-08, 16:03
All sorted, seems there might be something wrong with my network card, so I tried plugging it into the other one (don't ask why I have two), and it worked. Oddness but goodness.

nEo-1664
24-04-08, 00:12
DJ - It probably worked because the other network card will have a different MAC Address, and as it hadn't been seen before on the router, it registers it as a new device and thus reassigns a new IP from the DHCP scope which is set on the router. Give it maybe 48 hours, and you could probably plug back into the other NIC and it would also work ok again. Depends how the router is configured :)

ashley watts
24-04-08, 04:23
I feel your pain, my old ass computer allways seems to have 'Limited connectivity', I recieve 2 packets every second :rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
24-04-08, 20:22
Righty.

Maintainance was done to the internet in my area, fair dos and all that. Alas something went poo up when my housemates reworked the router/modem workings. They can all get the internet but I can't.

My connection says little/no connectivity. Normally this means a restart and it's fixed, but no amount of doing so does anything, nor restarting the router or modem.

Currently on a housemate's laptop. I have checked the router settings page and the listed connected comps includes mine, but I only know this because I recognise the MAC address, the name simply says (null).

What the hairy butt munch is going on?
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
?