PDA

View Full Version : The new fight zone

Castr0
21-04-08, 20:00
A08 is the new fight zone, just outside subway station :o , you will like it :
_ no STORM BOT/COPBOT
_ belt drop (I personnaly like it)
_ close to safezone (for the zonewhore)
_ door between safezone and fight zone (so zonewhore is doable but harder) ;)
_ no SL loss for killing neutrals = more fights :D
_ enough place to fight near the doors + large space outside for everyone (snipers + droners + whoever)
_ vehicules available when you are bored and want to bomb the place :mad:
_ GR and gogo are in subway station when you need it

Comment plz and be aware that I will be there tonight ...

See you :p

Road runner
21-04-08, 20:13
Hmm, i like it. I'm going to veto Plaza 2 and see what happens and scream on OOC until someone comes to OZ station.

All we'll need is pokers inside tho...

l8m0n
21-04-08, 20:26
There was a thread saying this like a week ago, but im all for it (when i get back)

Castr0
21-04-08, 20:46
My poker/repper (and more) is already at OZ subway station rdy. Cya : )

VegaH
21-04-08, 21:24
Yes i personally started the first thread that was about this same exact thing and opinion...I said OZ gates were nice for all the same reasons....we were about 4 or 5 to fight there for a bit then people started to love plaza 2 again to be even closer to a zoneline...

Hope we can get people to fight at OZ Gates tbh...it's way more fun...you also have all the top over the gates where you can go fight in a flat and inviting area..

Cya there! :cool:

solid-rock
22-04-08, 08:33
Its a shame its not as easy as agreeing on a new pvp zone on the forums. A08 is definately an interesting zone for fights, if abit inconvenient for people leaving NC for the first time.

Kanedax
22-04-08, 09:00
I'm down for this. Lets do it!

Neallys
22-04-08, 15:20
yeh you kinda stolen VegaH's idea. Maybe, sometimes, we need to "switch" the main safezone so people will be fightning near it, elsewhere ^^

OZ needs traders, OZ needs ambiance sounds

Tho i'd like to maintain A_08, as Outposts zones where we would fight to, has netcode troubles and so, it isn't much a challenge to get aim there.

Doc Holliday
23-04-08, 16:58
i dont know why u dont run cage matches at jerico. then all the whiney little zone whores can show case there skills. its an op zone. its not got sl loss and belt drops. its got a cage. its fun. get someone on as a ppu and rez and then away you go. stops all the hahaah i made u zone i am pwn shit.

plus if you want to have a ffa part then you can outside of the cage in front of the fort. open the gr for someone to get poked etc or respawn in oz station and get back to the fight.

Fuck me im a genius. was it really that hard?

Ps. castro you ARE stealing vegaH's idea. Idea Theft FTL

nabbl
23-04-08, 17:38
People and especially Tanks and Apus NEED the safe zone.

Apus and Tanks dont have stealth, so they need a place, where they are not able to die. When they dont have a zone like that, they need a ppu. Because with a PPU they are nearly indestructable and can get ressurected. Which is very fine. When they dont have a PPU and a Safezone they either dont fight OR they clip around the next builing/tree/hill.

-> no safezone -> no ppu -> no clipping -> will never happen.

So fight where u want, u will always have the same problems :P

flib
23-04-08, 18:01
yeh you kinda stolen VegaH's idea.
Ps. castro you ARE stealing vegaH's idea. Idea Theft FTL
Maybe he saw that people were fighting there and decided to report his observations and didn't happen to notice the thread where VegaH originally proposed the idea.
Also, from what I can tell, VegaH doesn't seem to have any hard feelings about it.

People and especially Tanks and Apus NEED the safe zone.

Apus and Tanks dont have stealth, so they need a place, where they are not able to die. When they dont have a zone like that, they need a ppu. Because with a PPU they are nearly indestructable and can get ressurected. Which is very fine. When they dont have a PPU and a Safezone they either dont fight OR they clip around the next builing/tree/hill.

-> no safezone -> no ppu -> no clipping -> will never happen.

So fight where u want, u will always have the same problems :PThey don't need to not die. Dying is a part of the game! (even if it is really annoying when I could be playing a game that's much more exciting, has much better graphics, outperforms Neocron (like comparing the Olympics to the Special Olympics), and I don't have to wait on SI and get pokes every time I die!)

Saiyuki-
24-04-08, 00:13
Whoever said tanks need a safezone because they don't have stealth made me lawl

flib
24-04-08, 03:44
Whoever said tanks need a safezone because they don't have stealth made me lawl
It was Nabbl.

ashley watts
24-04-08, 04:20
If i were still in game it sounds like a pretty nice idea

shame though, i wish coming onto the forums to tell people where the fights are at were not needed :(

Jodo
24-04-08, 07:33
I don't think Nabbl was saying that tanks and APU's need stealth or a safezone, but the current crop of NC players will not PvP without stealth, safezone, PPU etc, regardless of the class. It's more an observation than his opinion, and I'd have to agree with that observation.
Many PvP'rs (for want of a better description) seem to be absolute pussies that are terrified of dying. I honestly don't know why they take the LE out considering the lengths they go to, to run away in the middle of a fight.

nabbl
24-04-08, 09:27
I don't think Nabbl was saying that tanks and APU's need stealth or a safezone, but the current crop of NC players will not PvP without stealth, safezone, PPU etc, regardless of the class. It's more an observation than his opinion, and I'd have to agree with that observation.
Many PvP'rs (for want of a better description) seem to be absolute pussies that are terrified of dying. I honestly don't know why they take the LE out considering the lengths they go to, to run away in the middle of a fight.

10000 points... the only one who understood the sarcastic meaning.

You are all saying that dying is part of the game, that its not bad to drop a belt and so on, but at the end you are all running to the next safezone.

It has ever been like that and it will never change.

In NC2 i was raiding Doy or the Canyon nearly every day, even if there were doy units or turrets. I died hundrets of times but i didnt have a problem with it. Many people followed me and fought with their tanks without a PPU or a safezone. But that kind of "sense" vanished until today.
Everyone is afraid of losing their "worthy stuff" and second weapons. And if they die, they log their alt and rezz themselves.
The best "tactic" ive ever seen is the "ppu-behind-the-sync"-tactic. There is nothing more boring and stupid than that -.-

Kanedax
24-04-08, 09:41
People who rely on safe zones are fags. I've seen people in p2 who wont stray beyond the main corridor. I've lost more belts in there than I can remember, in the past 2 days even atleast 12-14. People need to grow a pair. Clans in general need to grow a pair. The games pvp and OP scene is going to shit mostly due to low OP clan population. Fucking sucks.

Daemon Seed
24-04-08, 10:08
i hate those damn spies that cling to a zoneline like dingleberries, and when they lost half their health they stealth and run off
stealthing away i can understand
but clinging onto that zonelike is just plain disrespectable

Selendor
24-04-08, 10:57
Its a nice zone, could be some issues with clipping though because of all the hills. Personally I never fight in belt drop zones, let alone safezone whore, but thats just because I'm always poor and can't replace my armour / spells if I were to drop them :angel:

SorkZmok
24-04-08, 11:39
Not to forget a single droner can seriously ruin all pvp in the complete zone until he is found.
And even then, if he can poke he'll be back at the OZ genrep and outside with more drones in a matter of minutes.

/edit

And i completely agree with Nabbl. People these days are sissies. If they can't stealth or zonewhore they will either plug a PPU or just not fight at all.

NC got soft i guess. :(

Road runner
24-04-08, 11:58
To be honest there's no point even thinking about this zone anymore. No one seems to have mentioned yet how buggy it is (and I mean MORE buggy than usual) as seen in the fight we had there a couple days ago.

William Antrim
24-04-08, 13:44
Not to forget a single droner can seriously ruin all pvp in the complete zone until he is found.
And even then, if he can poke he'll be back at the OZ genrep and outside with more drones in a matter of minutes.

/edit

And i completely agree with Nabbl. People these days are sissies. If they can't stealth or zonewhore they will either plug a PPU or just not fight at all.

NC got soft i guess. :(

It has always been like that mate. It didnt get soft, it is just your nostalgic view of life as it "used to be" has been tinted by pink glasses down the years. :)

Doc Holliday
24-04-08, 16:05
It has always been like that mate. It didnt get soft, it is just your nostalgic view of life as it "used to be" has been tinted by pink glasses down the years. :)

no. it got soft.

people today dont play the game like it used to be played. there are no legendary pkers etc its ground down to lame arse bullshit lets fight at the zone and run like a girl.

To all the folks here, IF you offer people the chance to fight at jerico it changes things as they cant drop belts and if one person is willing to stand and ppu then they will get rezzed. so they have 0 excuse. of course one will come like oh its my brother on my acc etc ;) but at least it makes for some action. if people can not be jerks you can have all kinds of fun there in team battles then either wait for rez or respawn at oz and get poked as normal.

get rich and get used to dieing. :)

Faid
24-04-08, 16:15
if people can not be jerks you can have all kinds of fun
Theres your problem right there. The people in this game are the absolute worst pieces of shit around, not everyone, but most of them, and unfortunately that will never change.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-04-08, 19:49
no. it got soft.

people today dont play the game like it used to be played. there are no legendary pkers etc its ground down to lame arse bullshit lets fight at the zone and run like a girl.

To all the folks here, IF you offer people the chance to fight at jerico it changes things as they cant drop belts and if one person is willing to stand and ppu then they will get rezzed. so they have 0 excuse. of course one will come like oh its my brother on my acc etc ;) but at least it makes for some action. if people can not be jerks you can have all kinds of fun there in team battles then either wait for rez or respawn at oz and get poked as normal.

get rich and get used to dieing. :)
pish!
pking is so not cool, you are only allowed to fight fully buffed and ready people, in zones which are 'designated' for pee vee pee.

Petty Goat
04-05-08, 18:27
Its a shame its not as easy as agreeing on a new pvp zone on the forums. A08 is definately an interesting zone for fights, if abit inconvenient for people leaving NC for the first time.

I don't see how this is inconvenient in any way for runners leaving neocron for the first time, please expound.

THE_TICK!!!!
04-05-08, 19:49
ok most of you know me and ive been pvp'n in the cron for well like forever..i die just as much as i win..and dying makes the game allot morefun !! the deal is peeps are worried about losing there shit..there is a easy way to fix this. You like minded individuals make some hunting chars...hunt together get SHIT....sell SHIT.... get money...use said money to finance your needs... then losing shit makes no difference..you just shrug and say GF..re equip and hunt the bastage down...try it its real nice :)

solid-rock
05-05-08, 11:19
I don't see how this is inconvenient in any way for runners leaving neocron for the first time, please expound.

Getting slaughtered trying to leave town because people are PVPing in a zone you have to go through.

Bozz-Von Mel
05-05-08, 13:23
Getting slaughtered trying to leave town because people are PVPing in a zone you have to go through.

They are usually LE'd anyway.

Why do fights zones have to be "arranged" ? Not to mention the talk about having a PPU waiting to rezz everyone. Grow some balls, go gank someone standing at a city term in CA HQ or something. (Not sure if weapons allowed there, but whatever) You haven't lived until you lose a 5 slot ultimated weapon.
No risk "arranged" pvp practice is available in Neofrag.

Zheo
05-05-08, 14:44
I went to BD to pvp with some spies, I killed one, the other one stealthed the second I came within 50m of him. No names, no lawsuits :)

goat
05-05-08, 17:07
Originally Posted by Nabbl
You are all saying that dying is part of the game, that its not bad to drop a belt and so on, but at the end you are all running to the next safezone.

Honestly, I think that we all tend to be 'zone whores' because of the nature of the game atm. We all know what a complete pain in the a&& it is to find a poker and get poked, due to the excessively low pops. Personally, I've had to wait a whole day just to play a char again b/c I couldn't get a poke, and who really wants to wait to play?!? Even when there is a poker, who really wants to wait for si to run, to get all poked up, ect before fightin again...in this world of instant gratification who has patience anymore :p Also, a lot of us like to use more than one gun in pvp, wear WoC pa, ect., and god knows if we drop any of those, the belt will get hacked, and then you have to try and get those items all over again. So 'zonewhoring' seems to be the only solution, unless you are in a team who can get your belt and have a ppu to rez. o_O

solling
07-05-08, 08:38
personally i dont care about people zonewhoring its not half as annoying as the ppus everyone seems to bring into p2

Asurmen Spec Op
10-05-08, 02:43
Honestly, I think that we all tend to be 'zone whores' because of the nature of the game atm. We all know what a complete pain in the a&& it is to find a poker and get poked, due to the excessively low pops. Personally, I've had to wait a whole day just to play a char again b/c I couldn't get a poke, and who really wants to wait to play?!? Even when there is a poker, who really wants to wait for si to run, to get all poked up, ect before fightin again...in this world of instant gratification who has patience anymore :p Also, a lot of us like to use more than one gun in pvp, wear WoC pa, ect., and god knows if we drop any of those, the belt will get hacked, and then you have to try and get those items all over again. So 'zonewhoring' seems to be the only solution, unless you are in a team who can get your belt and have a ppu to rez. o_O
Not really, finding a poker is easeh :P
Its the douchebags who never leave the maps