PDA

View Full Version : GM Auction?

goat
17-04-08, 06:29
Hey I was just curious if the GMs were planning on a GM auction anytime soon...It's been awhile since the last one so I just wanted to see if maybe any are coming up in the near future :D

Riddle
17-04-08, 13:13
So the obvious can buy everything there? :rolleyes:

Chenoa
17-04-08, 13:17
Not really everything =) Depends on the Runner-Traders ;)

If there is enough interest, we could re-open the Mall incl. GM Auction of course (maybe at the begin of may?). But the last time the interest was really quiet :(

So let me know, will take a look here in this thread!

:angel:

Riddle
17-04-08, 13:31
Interest from the guys i know was low because they had no chance to farm as much as some of the larger clans. Especially as the items to collect are known and have been for some time.

Can't think of a suggestion to overcome this tbh. But would be nice to see runners on a level playing field. Shame you don;t have Bind on pickup ;) then they couldn't pool ..heh heh

Voodoo_Magic
17-04-08, 15:12
Interest from the guys i know was low because they had no chance to farm as much as some of the larger clans. Especially as the items to collect are known and have been for some time.

Can't think of a suggestion to overcome this tbh. But would be nice to see runners on a level playing field. Shame you don;t have Bind on pickup ;) then they couldn't pool ..heh heh

Its not that its clans that NEVER play always seem to have the most items to trade :s

[ edited ]

Hell-demon
17-04-08, 15:56
The auctions are shit to be honest. Why not a big market where everyone can sell their crap that peopel ignore on trade, with set prices too.

Nymphette79
17-04-08, 16:33
Hey I was just curious if the GMs were planning on a GM auction anytime soon...It's been awhile since the last one so I just wanted to see if maybe any are coming up in the near future :D

If I win 1 r they mine to do whatever I want with ???? :angel:

HOG
17-04-08, 18:13
sounds like they just need a new currency system and give everyone the same time frame to collect the currency. thought would b nice :D.

naimex
17-04-08, 20:02
[ edited ]

Seeing how no one else has written yet.

We DID do a lot of work to win those auctions.

I know a good deal of our members spent a lot of their sleep time to farm the stuff needed.

I participated in a farming party of 7 hours non stop a couple days too.

It's really a question of how badly you want an item.

(I know you didn't mean anything by it, but it never hurts to explain it anyways.)

Phiberdelic
28-04-08, 09:37
I have been needing a Gold WOC Assasination Suit since before the Christmas auction however i was out of town and missed it. BTW every Zippy i talked to never once told me what each junk parts gives what GM auction cash...so i gathered up the wood and got one...looking back i cant find a single auction that has used 795, so i think the wood gathering was a huge waste of time. Would be really nice to know the auction in advance and to have multiple of the same item up for auction...like Gold WOC PA's...so we can actually see these in game and not feel that getting WOC 5 is pointless.

Faid
28-04-08, 17:02
sigh, you shouldn't have to "win" a gold pa in an already sketchy event put on once in a blue moon by a few GM's. I absolutely hate that aspect of this game, "we're too lazy or understaffed to actually implement a quest for these items so we'll just give them away at events once in a while". But that is the way of nc I guess, I don't know why I bother complaining.

l8m0n
28-04-08, 19:28
Auctions in NC are unfair, full of rich kids outbidding everyone on all the nice items or guys bidding just to throw them after.

Marx
28-04-08, 22:27
But that is the way of nc I guess, I don't know why I bother complaining.

There are so few players you think they'd cater more stuff to those that remain - heed our suggestions on the simpler things (i.e. placement of new gogos/terminals, etc) to make our in-game lives easier. Hell, we're already suffering, give us something for pain management already.

If there was one thing I wished above all else they'd do: auction house or player vendors of some sort - I hate it when I can't get what I need because I'm one of, like, 10 other people on at the time I play.

Ah well.

naimex
29-04-08, 08:31
If I win 1 r they mine to do whatever I want with ???? :angel:

are you talking about winning an auction, or winning a gm :p

Never know with you ;)

Nymphette79
30-04-08, 21:41
A GM of course, oh the roleplay possibilities, im willing to bid high ;)