PDA

View Full Version : Has the population exploded and the bugs been removed?

Eternal Pink
15-04-08, 00:29
Thought i'd check to see whether NC now has a higher stable population and less bugs since if it does i'll re-activate, otherwise i'll spend another 6 months at another mmo

So does it?

Faid
15-04-08, 01:45
Nope and the server is fucked up again. They'll probably shut it down for another day and tell us to play mars... again.

Apocalypsox
15-04-08, 03:34
Yes, Yes it has.

Now get the fuck back in >.< If people always just keep fucking about going "Well, If everyone else is playing ill start playing again too" Nobody is ever going to fucking start playing again.

Sorry, long day -.-

Asurmen Spec Op
15-04-08, 06:39
Yes, we just didnt tell you because no one loves you

Road runner
15-04-08, 11:22
When I read the thread title i burst out laughing.

But anyway, bar the server problems we're having at the moment, bugs are bearable, OP wars are consistent, plenty of people in Plaza 1 at peak times... dead for the rest of the day though.

Daemon Seed
15-04-08, 11:25
the servers are filled! to the brim! not always though :angel:
you should definitely add 1 to the total population, besides its only like 10 bucks, do you have 10 bucks sonny?! yes i bet you do, dont spend it on ice-cream and candy because theres plenty of that in neocron!

reactivate sonny, you know you want to.. ;)

Faid
15-04-08, 15:35
If he's basing his reactivation decision on population and bug fixes I'd have to say don't, honestly. We all know what neocron is, that being said, it is still a great deal of fun at times, and that alone is worth the reactivation to me.

Terror_Nonne
15-04-08, 16:13
Has the population exploded and the bugs been removed?
nice one, vote for joke of the year 2k08!

DrRisk
15-04-08, 19:51
Thought i'd check to see whether NC now has a higher stable population and less bugs since if it does i'll re-activate, otherwise i'll spend another 6 months at another mmo

So does it?your title made me lol. the post made me lol. you're my new favourite! and no.

Evilbetty
15-04-08, 20:18
I came back for the trial and will likely start a paying sub again. Even with the bugs etc it's still the best box out right now. Plenty of good helpful folks helping me get back into the swing of things also. I am pleased. Just wish there was more of a pop. But I told 2 friends, and if they tell 2 friends...

Biglines
15-04-08, 21:02
Ye, I'm trying to get some mates together to play too... problem is they cba to pay... so gotta see about that

Eternal Pink
15-04-08, 22:10
Cheers for the few honest answers

Sorry guys i play'd for time with the low pop and while its not so much the money its the fact that i'd have to re-install etc ( HD broke ), when i last played PvE ( basically single player mode with convo's on help/trade ) was screwed and PvP was confined to zoning at Plaz 2 its not a enjoyable happy gaming experience for me.

If i wanna pay to be pissed off and miserable, i'll go shopping with my girlfriend tbh least i get sex for that at the end.

So if...

1. FF has come back

Or

2. PvE is fun again

Or

3. Decent PvP without the zoning and OP wars where you don't have to schedule it 3 days in advance or be a member of 1 of 2 clans to participate

I'll happly re-activate and come gank/be ganked by you all :)

P.S will re-activate some time in this life since i want to finish my via 3 appartment, 2 1/2 years after starting still only done the garden :(

Slot
15-04-08, 23:48
Join back up. I really forget how great this game is. If the noobtrain people who go play other boxes would all just come back and play NC then maybe they would hire more coders and writers to fix the issues and content write for the game. :o

Eternal Pink
16-04-08, 00:49
Well against my better judgement and expectations, re-activated for a month, waiting for paybycash to process my payment.

So you got one month to convince me.

Faid as i remember your BT sxr, does warbarney still play?

flib
16-04-08, 01:38
Don't do it!

If you reactivate now, you'll be supporting Reakktor's mediocre efforts(?) to make the game better!

Edit: And for the record, I think they did a great job with getting the factions back to Neocron.

Road runner
16-04-08, 10:44
Well against my better judgement and expectations, re-activated for a month, waiting for paybycash to process my payment.

So you got one month to convince me.

There's a good couple OP war clans at the moment but i think the english speaking ones are restricted to SXR, Serious and AD. The others are mostly German speaking AFAIK. Seen a couple of returning FF mind.

And no you don't have to organise 3 days in advance, there's pretty much OP wars every night, so get back in there!!

Faid
16-04-08, 15:44
Barney is supposed to be coming back durring his school break, as he actually has more than a 56k now :D

Jodo
16-04-08, 16:22

So does it?

Yes it is completely bug free and there are several hundred people on at any one time. There are no longer zonelines and several large expansions have been added over the last 6 months. Also, it is now impossible to cheat, zonewhore, clipwhore and any otherwhore that isn't the useful kind.
Anything anyone else has said to the contrary is a complete lie, but worry not, KK are working on the ability to prevent people from doing this also.

I hate these threads.

Eternal Pink
16-04-08, 19:24
Why?

I have re-activated, noticed that none of the things that caused me to leave have been fixed and while i may log in again since i've paid for a month i doubt i'll pay again for another month, this account will lapse.

The odd bug or player work around or fatal i don't mind, you get that in any online game ( Way back in the distance past when i use to player mechwarrior 2 on mplayer, every fifth game you tried to play you'd loose sync and have to start again, it was annoying but we put up with it and eventually it got fixed ) and as long as there is progress people will put up with it.

I see no progress, i'd even go as far to say that nothing appears to have changed since i last played in sept 07.

We don't even have the promise of progress, most of the community i played with appears to have left, my clan has left for other mmo's, looking through the on-line list i can spot 2 names that i vaguely recognise, so players like me don't have the community to hold them here either ( which i'm sure if you have been playing constantly the community is now what is keeping you here, and i'm willing to bet if we could transplant the community to another mmo you'd probably go as well )

I don't mean to whine, complain and generally *************** since i did enjoy playing NC2, i wouldn't have 4 capped chars and all the stuff i could ever need accumalated if i didn't use to enjoy it, but it was enjoyment of the few things that worked well while working around the things that didn't under the impression that we would have progress, we would have fixes somewhere on the horizon.

Logging in today, the horizon hasn't changed.

Jodo
16-04-08, 20:20
I hate these threads because there's one every week or so, the same things are asked and given the same answers. I'm just sick of them I suppose, occasionally they'll turn into a reminiscence thread but even that's a regular repeat of the same stories now.

Person #1: NC1 was so cool, we used to have the biggest op fights back then and it wasn't anywhere near as bugged.
Person #2: Yeah, I remember SuchAguY owning at most of them, he was such an awesome PvP'r.
Person #1: OMG I remember him appearing from nowhere when I was a noob and killing me when I was looking at the sky at Point Red. The next day he gave me 75k tip for poking him. He used to kick ass at Op fights, does he still play?
Person #3: No, I got told he got banned after NC2 for using all sorts of hacks.

Or at least thats how I remember the threads turning.

FlashFF
16-04-08, 20:24
To be honest, I log on when they give away some free playtime with a major patch, and that’s about it. The ONLY issue that keeps me from playing this game is the sync problems. Since the start of NC2, the sync problems have existed, and the devs don't even have the decency to acknowledge the existence of them.

All the time that KK continue to focus on (tiny amounts of) content and ignore the sync issues that affect so many people, I won't be properly back.

It common sense though. Who wants to pay for a game that you can only connect to once in a blue moon, and shoves you in endless sync as soon as you change zones? I'm honestly surprised KK have managed to keep any players at all.

Eternal Pink
16-04-08, 22:19
I hate these threads because there's one every week or so, the same things are asked and given the same answers. I'm just sick of them I suppose, occasionally they'll turn into a reminiscence thread but even that's a regular repeat of the same stories now.

Person #1: NC1 was so cool, we used to have the biggest op fights back then and it wasn't anywhere near as bugged.
Person #2: Yeah, I remember SuchAguY owning at most of them, he was such an awesome PvP'r.
Person #1: OMG I remember him appearing from nowhere when I was a noob and killing me when I was looking at the sky at Point Red. The next day he gave me 75k tip for poking him. He used to kick ass at Op fights, does he still play?
Person #3: No, I got told he got banned after NC2 for using all sorts of hacks.

Or at least thats how I remember the threads turning.

To me thats the saddest thing, NC 2 has such a loyal fan base, we keep coming back and hoping somethings been done, even a small improvement or a sign there would be a small improvement, hell even a thread saying yes we are going to fix something would have us flocking back, we want to play the game because we love it but just like a battered wife there comes a time when you just have to walk away and say no i'm not going to invest my time and energy into something thats never going to reform

( okay kinda freaky i just compared myself to a women but... )

Jodo
16-04-08, 23:16
To me thats the saddest thing, NC 2 has such a loyal fan base, we keep coming back and hoping somethings been done, even a small improvement or a sign there would be a small improvement, hell even a thread saying yes we are going to fix something would have us flocking back, we want to play the game because we love it but just like a battered wife there comes a time when you just have to walk away and say no i'm not going to invest my time and energy into something thats never going to reform

( okay kinda freaky i just compared myself to a women but... )

True enough.

Also, fullstops are your friend.

kane
17-04-08, 07:44
All this stuff people say is so proven right now the mods are getting slow at locking these types of posts hehe.. That's all the proof you need :D

Selendor
17-04-08, 11:56
The ONLY issue that keeps me from playing this game is the sync problems.

Here's the thing, all my sync problems have stopped for the last 4 months, I don't get a failed login, I rarely crash, and my inventory is always fully populated. Before this, I had the problems all the time.

I've thought long and hard and I can't find any reason at my end why its better. I've even changed computer recently and still its fine. I can only think that my broadband / router conditions or KK's server response has improved, however if it was the latter I would have expected the whole population to be fixed. Strange :confused:

So, from a purely personal point of view, the bugs aren't there. The only one I regularly experience is where you die and your item conditions don't update correctly until you relog.

Riddle
17-04-08, 13:26
I would say the i no longer experience 50/50 login issues ,
rarely fatal (generally in trade window)
rarely get stuck in sync but then maybe thats because i play on my mobile phone connection godd dammit!!!1111one
rarely get a gogo bug or genrep bug
in fact the game is probably the most stable i remember it.

only Major issue ? Netcode but they can't do anything about it, already stated so forget that.

The game has been largely balanced since NC1 IMO, we went from Tanko'cron (yes i remember the freezer cannon pwnage) to Monko'cron. To what'ocron?

Exactly no term has been coined because PE, Spy and Tanks are all fairly well balanced with the right setup, it's skill that plays out.

PPU's are fine but I am not saying it's all fixed, the Apu and melee need slight tweaking imo, but hell they are closer in the overall class balance than they have ever been tbh.

I was there in NC1 and it wasn't all that tbh, i miss the people and the fact i was new to the game, didn't have a clue and still shook when i pvp'd at OP wars.

Yes it's all to familiar to me these days and that can breed boredom but then that happens in every game.

NC has improved vastly, the question is.....Will it improve further?

silent000
17-04-08, 13:42
Barney is supposed to be coming back durring his school break, as he actually has more than a 56k now :D

Ah nice one, I did like Mr Barney!

Nixon
23-04-08, 11:10
IR lurking in NC forums, thinkin bout the good ol' times. Sniff.. Waiting for earthrise and Sc2 :/

nabbl
23-04-08, 11:34
I would say the i no longer experience 50/50 login issues ,
rarely fatal (generally in trade window)
rarely get stuck in sync but then maybe thats because i play on my mobile phone connection godd dammit!!!1111one
rarely get a gogo bug or genrep bug
in fact the game is probably the most stable i remember it.

only Major issue ? Netcode but they can't do anything about it, already stated so forget that.

The game has been largely balanced since NC1 IMO, we went from Tanko'cron (yes i remember the freezer cannon pwnage) to Monko'cron. To what'ocron?

Exactly no term has been coined because PE, Spy and Tanks are all fairly well balanced with the right setup, it's skill that plays out.

PPU's are fine but I am not saying it's all fixed, the Apu and melee need slight tweaking imo, but hell they are closer in the overall class balance than they have ever been tbh.

I was there in NC1 and it wasn't all that tbh, i miss the people and the fact i was new to the game, didn't have a clue and still shook when i pvp'd at OP wars.

Yes it's all to familiar to me these days and that can breed boredom but then that happens in every game.

NC has improved vastly, the question is.....Will it improve further?

Good Post!

I cant understand y we have that low population at the moment. The game is somehow fine. We have action, we have weapons and we have balance.

So what is wrong?

danmalone
23-04-08, 13:27
Good Post!

I cant understand y we have that low population at the moment. The game is somehow fine. We have action, we have weapons and we have balance.

So what is wrong?

People lost faith i guess...

Its taken so long to get to the position NC is in now that people have lost interest and probably moved on.

Its been a while since the last patch so i would hope to see a reasonable amount of changes that end up making the game experience a lil more enjoyable :)

solid-rock
23-04-08, 13:35
People lost faith i guess...

Its taken so long to get to the position NC is in now that people have lost interest and probably moved on.

Its been a while since the last patch so i would hope to see a reasonable amount of changes that end up making the game experience a lil more enjoyable :)

I wouldnt say that the game is any specifically favourable position at the moment, its more or less what its always been. The netcode still sucks, people are still bastards and theres still allot of little annoying bugs, they just change from patch to patch.

Weve got high's and lows ofcourse but the game just dosnt seem to ever really change.

tonyboyuk2002
23-04-08, 16:07
if you want the server pop up, then reactivate you will become part of the pop as u well know...... more people reactivate you get a bigger pop :)

Eternal Pink
24-04-08, 22:10
Good Post!

So what is wrong?

Dude when everybody uses the same 3 weapons because the others don't work or are ineffective in combat, thats not balance.

I'm exaggerating with 3 but when i did log in, tried each of my chars and they all had a good selection of weapons on them, for the PE had none since didn't WoC him, Tank CS(though thats coolness factor rather than effectiveness) and ion cannon, beam are still overpowered and cheap, APU well don't need to go into that, and a tradeskiller and since there's next to no nibs you can't really have the feel good factor of making them stuff ( oh and AD still don't tip for pokes, cheap bastards )

To me thats not balance, i'd actually call that bugs, if i loaded up any other game where the majority of the stuff we can use is useless for actual fighting we'd call that bugs, so lets not pretend its balanced ( though i suppose if you really wanted to push your case you could say its balanced that each class has a lot of useless stuff )

If they ever get around to fixing VHC combat i might try again since use to enjoy going for a hunt in a rhino/hoverbomber

Asurmen Spec Op
24-04-08, 22:18
Dude when everybody uses the same 3 weapons because the others don't work or are ineffective in combat, thats not balance.

I'm exaggerating with 3 but when i did log in, tried each of my chars and they all had a good selection of weapons on them, for the PE had none since didn't WoC him, Tank CS(though thats coolness factor rather than effectiveness) and ion cannon, beam are still overpowered and cheap, APU well don't need to go into that, and a tradeskiller and since there's next to no nibs you can't really have the feel good factor of making them stuff ( oh and AD still don't tip for pokes, cheap bastards )

To me thats not balance, i'd actually call that bugs, if i loaded up any other game where the majority of the stuff we can use is useless for actual fighting we'd call that bugs, so lets not pretend its balanced ( though i suppose if you really wanted to push your case you could say its balanced that each class has a lot of useless stuff )

If they ever get around to fixing VHC combat i might try again since use to enjoy going for a hunt in a rhino/hoverbomber
Just because no one else uses a certain setup style because its not as 'powerful' doesn't mean you cant. The problem is that most of the 'pvping' community have a fetish for the max numbers, they wont take anything a fraction of a percent less than that.
I never WoCed my PE and I never have trouble killing people when I play NC, even WoC PEs.

Marx
24-04-08, 22:20
if you want the server pop up, then reactivate you will become part of the pop as u well know...... more people reactivate you get a bigger pop :)

The attitude that people should return (thereby solving our woes) is toxic - people leave games for a reason. Instead, you should be demanding change that will bring in new meat.

new people > disillusioned people that left.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-04-08, 22:22
The attitude that people should return (thereby solving our woes) is toxic - people leave games for a reason. Instead, you should be demanding change that will bring in new meat.

new people > disillusioned people that left.
Haven't they been trying to get new people to come for years?

Marx
24-04-08, 22:52
Haven't they been trying to get new people to come for years?

Not really, as is made evident by the lack of new people.

=/

Eternal Pink
25-04-08, 17:08
They have tried to get the new people but never really solved any of the issues that made the game hard to get to grips with or a pain to play, once you've invested a huge amount of time in capping your chararacters and getting stuff the occasional sync or fatal becomes of small moment.

When you've only had the game installed for an hour and you've had a bad day and fataled 3 times in a row, you give up since you don't know your having a bad day.

the learning curve has always been too steep so its only if the carebears helped you to learn that you got anywhere, the fact that the help channel is actually the most used channel for general conversation since it allowed us to answer questions from nibs without interrupting our conversations kind of goes to show that the amount of non-player help around is small.

sites like techhaven and syngery when it was around was probably one of the strongest influences on keeping new players in the game but again its also a sign that having to go to a 3rd party player originated site for vital information ( how many people did the next epic without using a 3rd party site? ) again shows the lack of nib friendlyness.

gstyle40
25-04-08, 19:08

well frist off ur absolutely wrong about weapon selection. since the last patch that up'd the damage of burst weapons, there r lots of weapons to choose from. i hav 2 pe's one rifle and one pistol and they dont even use rares for pvp. same for tanks. its just that most people want to use the guns that do rediculous damage and say screw it to con. some people can roll with that, but others cant. i hav 3 woc chars one being ppu, and none of them use woc weapons as their primary. when i go to op fights (daily) i see mainly tanks with cs or dev. but in p2 u get everything from apu's wit fa's to spys wit dissy's and healing lights. and yes tl92 pe's and stabber rifles as well. so to say there is no selection in weapons or that its cookie cutter is just flat out wrong....imho good day :D

Asurmen Spec Op
25-04-08, 21:00
Not really, as is made evident by the lack of new people.

=/
emphasis on my use of trying ;)

tonyboyuk2002
27-04-08, 02:28
if KK want fresh meat on NC all they need to do is advertise the game a little more