PDA

View Full Version : Pure pvp server = Mercury

RAB
13-04-08, 18:14
Since this server isn't used at all.

Why not make is a kind of test server / pvp server.

Make character creation default to starter apartment - forget mc5.
Make characters start with high level if not maximum stats.
No character development
Starter equiptment is high level gear.
No mob drops.
No safe zones.
No drops when killed.

So you can just log on create a monk, jump straight into high level pvp action. just no development in anyway.
A kind of quick fun server!!!

what you think?

Road runner
13-04-08, 18:22
Hmm, that's even going beyond what Neptune was.

Thing is that encourages splitting an already small community. It would show new players what they can expect at end-game but I doubt it would get used much at all. Doesn't appeal to me, I have to say.

Apocalypsox
13-04-08, 18:23
Yeah, they could give us neptune back. I spent alot of time on those chars :mad:

virgil caine
13-04-08, 18:24
Didn't we have a pure PVP server once ....nobody played it because the PVP people were too busy PVPing on the other servers. Not to mention there was not the enticement of the odd person just trying to play the game to prey on on and make us seem liike we clanked when we walked.
Does anyone but me resent the fact that an entire section of the city is not available for non PVP play because you die if you zone into it? I have no problem with PVP but the PVPers should be more hampered by the huge scrotums they all drag around so that we could at least run away and survive.

Just a random rant due to extreme boredom.

RAB
13-04-08, 18:33
I was just thinking about things like xbox live.
Halo3 for example. You can just log on and jump straight into battle with no real other gains or losses.
It's just fun. Zillions of people do it and enjoy it.

Yeah maybe the characters shouldnt be top level - but half decent and no rares, just half decent ones. Basically take everything else out of the equation, everyone is equal, down to player skill only.

But since there is no development in anyway, there is no longivity to it. Just somewhere you could log and maybe hone your pvp skills for your real account on Terra. A light relief server if you like ? :)

Torg
13-04-08, 19:44
RAB, what you want is Neofrag. check it out. it's waiting for you. and like virgil caine said: we used to have a PvP server, Neptune, which wasnt used at all. i still want a PvE server instead, to draw in the less competitive players. and i'm perfectly fine with Neocron being an MMO. on a rare crave for instant action i'd rather log in to the likes of UT. have fun, everybody.

nobby
13-04-08, 21:24
I believe i'm the reason for everyone leaving Neptune

Not because I was an aggrivating Twat, but because i suggested something for motivation to the leading clan at the time.

As it seemed noone was PVPing, all with LE's, everyone seemed scared of dropping their weapons 'n' stuff.

One clan got together and took All the OP, one in the clan was a friend of mine.

I suggested to him that he should Close all the OPs to motivate everyone to make clans and fight for them back...

The thought never came across my mind that the other thing people could do was just... Leave

So this is an official apology from nobby ^^

Doc Holliday
13-04-08, 21:57
RAB, what you want is Neofrag. check it out. it's waiting for you. and like virgil caine said: we used to have a PvP server, Neptune, which wasnt used at all. i still want a PvE server instead, to draw in the less competitive players. and i'm perfectly fine with Neocron being an MMO. on a rare crave for instant action i'd rather log in to the likes of UT. have fun, everybody.

thats exactly it. he wants ut. rab thats what your askin for. neocron to be ut. instant gratification no need for levelling and hard work = proper fps.

flib
13-04-08, 22:04
I believe i'm the reason for everyone leaving Neptune

Not because I was an aggrivating Twat, but because i suggested something for motivation to the leading clan at the time.

As it seemed noone was PVPing, all with LE's, everyone seemed scared of dropping their weapons 'n' stuff.

One clan got together and took All the OP, one in the clan was a friend of mine.

I suggested to him that he should Close all the OPs to motivate everyone to make clans and fight for them back...

The thought never came across my mind that the other thing people could do was just... Leave

So this is an official apology from nobby ^^Saying that you're sorry isn't going to bring Neptune back, though, is it?

William Antrim
13-04-08, 23:14
I doubt it was nobbys fault noone played there if they didnt dare to take le's out. :)

nobby
14-04-08, 00:23
Saying that you're sorry isn't going to bring Neptune back, though, is it?

You can't blame me for trying to save the server though...

RAB
14-04-08, 09:00
thats exactly it. he wants ut. rab thats what your askin for. neocron to be ut. instant gratification no need for levelling and hard work = proper fps.

what i was thinking is if cron offered a fps instant action type option as well it may appeal to a wider audience, and if people have fun in fps mode they will get interested in playing for real and make a proper character on terra for example.
could even make access to the fps server free!! great advertising.
maybe only have it running certain times of the day!??

MotorMike
14-04-08, 10:50
what i was thinking is if cron offered a fps instant action type option as well it may appeal to a wider audience, and if people have fun in fps mode they will get interested in playing for real and make a proper character on terra for example. could even make access to the fps server free!! great advertising. maybe only have it running certain times of the day!??

but chummer Neocron isnt an real fps its an MMORPG with Fps elements

thats why i play it because of skillen your char to your best optimation for pvp or pve
to get the choice to be an crafter a trader a supporter or an fighter

what you want is an full egoshooter with neocron maps an i guess thers some counterstrike maps in neocron style in www already

anyway maby a multiplayer demo with some zones (like Pepper park) for explorering an sewrs for Pve and ONE Neofrag entrence with one map for trying out pvp ! is that what you mean ?

flib
14-04-08, 11:13
thats why i play it because of skillen your char to your best optimation for pvp or pve
to get the choice to be an crafter a trader a supporter or an fighter
An fighter; is that kind of like an hero?

SnowCrash
14-04-08, 11:50

Make character creation default to starter apartment - forget mc5.
Make characters start with high level if not maximum stats.
No character development
Starter equiptment is high level gear.
No mob drops.
No safe zones.
No drops when killed.

So you can just log on create a monk, jump straight into high level pvp action. just no development in anyway.

what you think?

This would require elementary changes to the game's code. Also it would technically not be possible to make these set of rules just available to one single server. Sorry to disappoint you but that's how things are.

danmalone
14-04-08, 12:20

Make character creation default to starter apartment - forget mc5. -Doesnt really matter
Make characters start with high level if not maximum stats. -Maybe cant do this automatically how about up the xp gain rate?
No character development -Same as above?
Starter equiptment is high level gear. -Implement that mall zone thing that was in the test server (free woc disks weps and money etc)
No mob drops. -Doesnt matter
No safe zones. -Doesnt matter
No drops when killed. -Would be ideal but i dont think it would matter if the mall zone thing was there ;)

what you think?

Is it possible to implement the above? ;)

Road runner
14-04-08, 13:10
That's basically what the Test server is at the moment. Use anti-LoMs to level up, use the traders to get all the kit you need, go out into the fighting zones for some instant PvP. Low SI or fast loss of SI too. Infinite money.

I still think that this would only hold people's interest for a day or two but if it is done, it might bring some people back, in which case I'm all for it.

(would also help with boredom when Terra inevitably goes down again :angel: )

gamefreak
14-04-08, 14:46
This would require elementary changes to the game's code. Also it would technically not be possible to make these set of rules just available to one single server. Sorry to disappoint you but that's how things are.

You did that with the testserver too.

Also since Terry is the only really "active" server, wouldn't it be nice to have one of the other servers on a pre 2.2 patchlevel ?

Road runner
14-04-08, 15:23

Also since Terry is the only really "active" server, wouldn't it be nice to have one of the other servers on a pre 2.2 patchlevel ?

Speaking in the same context I wonder how many people would come back if they opened up the NC1 Server to everyone again. Would be an interesting retro-move. They must still have all (well most of ) the data or else NC1 char to NC2 char transfer wouldn't still be possible but it is. I know sometimes it doesn't work but most of the time it does.

Anyone still have an active account on it or was it finally shut down?

Anyone reckon it's a good idea (i know it's not a new one)

SnowCrash
14-04-08, 15:34

The test server was separated from the retail cluster and had it's own code. Believe me, if things would be that easy we would have done many other changes already in the past.

zii
14-04-08, 16:13
Instead of splitting people up try pulling people together.

As before, the pvp server does not work. Merging Mercury and Terra would be fine if there was someone on Mercury to merge into Terra!

Powerpunsh
14-04-08, 19:28
First we should get our old PVP server back. Then we should ask chuck norris to solve the problems in the code. :D

Doc Holliday
14-04-08, 21:44
First we should get our old PVP server back. Then we should ask chuck norris to solve the problems in the code. :D

i asked. he said no :)

William Antrim
15-04-08, 00:14
Fatal errors happen in neocron because Chuck Norris sneezes. Unfortunately at this time of year Chuck suffers from hay fever but no-one dares to tell him that.

Eternal Pink
15-04-08, 00:34
what i was thinking is if cron offered a fps instant action type option as well it may appeal to a wider audience, and if people have fun in fps mode they will get interested in playing for real and make a proper character on terra for example.
could even make access to the fps server free!! great advertising.
maybe only have it running certain times of the day!??

So basically a FPS with no character development, ummm Unreal tournment anybody?

part of the charm of NC is the character development ( was for me anyway ) since without it all we have is another FPS clone with a multiplayer option.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-04-08, 06:40
dividing up the population even more would not go well, especially because most people who arent the 'hardcore pvpers' depend on those 'hardcore pvpers' for something or another, things like buying rares/weapons, and imping and shit.

Simply,
Fawk no

Faid
15-04-08, 15:40
People simply need to consolidate the servers on their own, which is happening for the most part anyway. Theres a bunch of new German clans who have migrated to Terra and they've started to make their mark by OP warring and whatnot.

flib
16-04-08, 01:52
Screw Chuck Norris, get Mr. T in there!

Selket
16-04-08, 04:30
OMG pvp server discussion #543

Not again!!!

The first fucking PvP server cost about 30% of all neocron players.

After the decision that merc (should) be PvP server MUCH people just stop to play. After the pvp server was out on pandorra it costs more (french players) and after it was shutdown much bored people left too

So please stop the stupid discussion!

NAPPER
16-04-08, 05:25
OMG pvp server discussion #543

Not again!!!

The first fucking PvP server cost about 30% of all neocron players.

After the decision that merc (should) be PvP server MUCH people just stop to play. After the pvp server was out on pandorra it costs more (french players) and after it was shutdown much bored people left too

So please stop the stupid discussion!

OMG !

Dude Rab has only just come back how was he to know about all the other threads and shit on PvP servers hes only trying to make NC more interesting For him and other players if u have anything to add like a IDEA to make life in NC better or more Enjoyable please add or make ur own Post he was just trying to help and get some runners back so CHILL!!!!

Napper