PDA

View Full Version : Server is screwwy

Faid
13-04-08, 07:25
In case you all didn't know Terra is royally messed up and has been all night. Connection problems, zoning problems ( more than usual) , at one point the entire population on the server lost connection.

Road runner
13-04-08, 10:55
Yep we all got kicked at once at one point. Little server hiccup.

Zoning up from the UG took even longer than usual, sometimes requiring a relog.

Player positions took ages to update. I enjoyed shooting thin air for a while before somebody told me the guy i was after was actually in the hackroom not in the entrance :wtf:

When logging in it took sometimes up to 8 relogs to get in proper without having missing implants/inventory etc.

This applied to my whole clan not just me.

Didn't stop us having an awesome 3 way though :p

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 10:55
Everyone has been kicked from server once.

Takes usually around 10 to 30 logins to get a fully non-bugged login (without inventory bug, armor/implant bug, 50/50 bug, synchronizing bug, skin bug)

Long long sync when you zone, flapping hands on ppus, hits not registering on fighters and so on...

+1

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 11:47
And now offline : hamsters died again

Road runner
13-04-08, 11:47
Terra just died.

RAB
13-04-08, 11:54
Always the way. Get an hour or so window when can play the game and wife is busy so she wont mind and damm server is down !!!

Arrgghhh !!

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 11:58
After the reboot of server :

Long sync from time to time and kick to login screen : Request to new world failed

Houra !

RAB
13-04-08, 12:02
is it being looked at???

Crazypsifookar
13-04-08, 12:02
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D :o OMg iTs Fuked Up again

Road runner
13-04-08, 12:03
omg it's Beld. DeAD ftw?! How dare you.

RAB
13-04-08, 12:21
Does support not work on sunday !!

Road runner
13-04-08, 12:22
They still have hang overs from Saturday night

edit: No :p

RAB
13-04-08, 12:23
i do as well actually !! lol

Had a really nice churchill cuban cigar last night and far too much nice brandy !!!
I'm well posh I am !! lol

RAB
13-04-08, 12:27
I'm back on......

for the moment.. :/

Edit: Spoke too soon.. sry !!

Sammson
13-04-08, 13:08
On atm. 1 person in plaza 1, ghost town...

RAB
13-04-08, 13:24
server is doing yo-yo impression :(

Oh well, have to do the hoovering instead then !

BaDDaSS
13-04-08, 13:40
Lol yeah there were a couple server boots last night.

Today it seems very unstable (more than usual) - zoning breaks things (also more than usual).

I got a vehicle out, zoned with it, the vehicle was back in the garage. Random!

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 13:41
Now I get kicked out of the game connexion to nethost failed.

I would be glad to make my way to a safe zone again tbh ^^

CHA0S
13-04-08, 13:44
so much for their "maintenance"

All servers will be shut down for the weekly maintenance at 09:30 AM CET for about 20 minutes.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
04/09/2008 07:56am

guess a glitch was made during this time Mr. Bean must have got the job :lol: :lol:

Sammson
13-04-08, 13:46
Heheh, aye, last night I was just hangin at plaza 1 when I randomly synch to PP3 GR. Hard on the blood pressure with a belt full of 150 tools and gloves.

Hoder
13-04-08, 14:00
There's an announcement here. (http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=380)

In the meantime, Mars and Mercury are functioning correctly. You can always try some new characters for a change :)

English speaking GMs will patrol these servers and handle tickets in English while Terra is offline. The German community and support is unaffected.

CHA0S
13-04-08, 14:04
conspiracy going on............. i'll let the others guess as to what lol :lol: :lol:

Xirus
13-04-08, 14:29
pay teh bills y0!

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 15:10
Old 13-04-08 until 14-05-08

They give themselves 1 month to fix the bug it's cool ^^

zion1985
13-04-08, 15:20
Hello,
What i want to know is are we the players going to be re embursed on game time? I know updates are important to ensure that servers dont crash etc etc but roughly whats the ETA of it being up and running again???? Good thing i invested in Mario kart for the Wii it occupies neocron downtime :D

Kind regards

Shacker

zion1985
13-04-08, 15:21
server is doing yo-yo impression :(

Oh well, have to do the hoovering instead then !

lol whats this ment by yo yo impressions??? Cheap and cheerful or cheap and tackie? :P

RAB
13-04-08, 15:36
yo-yo = up down up down up down ...

:)

Jodo
13-04-08, 16:44
Hello,
What i want to know is are we the players going to be re embursed on game time?

No, never.

Road runner
13-04-08, 16:50
In the meantime, Mars and Mercury are functioning correctly. You can always try some new characters for a change :)

Mercury should be scrapped to be honest. 0% population permanently. Use the resources to improve Terra if possible.

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 17:20
Who wanna bet on a rollback ? ^^

Satan2k2
13-04-08, 17:44
NOT me

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 18:09
Shame it's sunday I wanted to PVP a bit !

virgil caine
13-04-08, 18:11
Mercury should be scrapped to be honest. 0% population permanently. Use the resources to improve Terra if possible.

In all honesty lets think on this a little further. Why should Terra not be scrapped and we all move to Mercury. Does that make sense to you ....bet the people playing on Mercury like that idea better ( they have time and virtual goods invested just like we do. No one wants to lose their hard won status and rank).
IMO we should all be moved to 1 server and the resources being spread amongst the 3 applied to the one. I have no idea what would be needed to do so and can only think there is some reason why the game administrators have not done so already so I will rely on their judgement about this issue.

Road runner
13-04-08, 18:20
They've already said before that it's too much work to do a server merge. It's not going to happen. I'd love it, but it won't happen. Fortunately most of the Neocron community all play on one server anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

No it doesn't make sense to me that we should all move to Mercury. It does make sense that a non-used server should be scrapped. Remember Neptune? They had to qualms in turning that into the test server again. 0% populations before that happened. Now even the test server is gone.

This is an MMO, where you play with other players. No one plays on Mercury, so why would anyone else want to play there.

I'm just saying it's taking up resources and if those resources can be added to improve Terra then I believe it should be done. If peoples items/achievements can be moved over, then definitely go for it, although from previous times, I think character transfer is pretty limited.

Today is only a series in a number of hiccups that Terra server has had(not surprising as it is the most populated server) over the past months/years. If something can be done to improve Terra for us all (including those ex-Mercury players because they've either left or moved) then it should be. I somehow doubt KK have any spare funding to improve the servers it already has.

virgil caine
13-04-08, 18:41
[QUOTE=Road runner]They've already said before that it's too much work to do a server merge. It's not going to happen. I'd love it, but it won't happen. Fortunately most of the Neocron community all play on one server anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

I'm just saying it's taking up resources and if those resources can be added to improve Terra then I believe it should be done. If peoples items/achievements can be moved over, then definitely go for it, although from previous times, I think character transfer is pretty limited.

QUOTE]

I agree. Was mostly just making a point that if it were possible I'm sure it has been considered and the idea scrapped for some legit reason.
We also have to consider that this game engine is rather dated and should not be expected to compete with the new games that are coming out in droves. These are issues that were not thought about at the time this game was being written and while we can complain to let off some steam, we all know about the issues that this game has and we all still play it beacuse it has that little something extra that we can't find elsewhere. Maybe BP will give us all we want and more.... could BP actually be NC with the added "spice" of an interplanetary universe with an up to date engine. I just don't see them totally scrapping the idea of one of the longest running online games in existance without including things that have been learned in the real world over years of running this game.

Hmmmm the thought of it makes me say " Let's hang around and find out."

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 18:42
They have already transfered Pandore to Terra.

The only problem refers to people having capped people on ALL servers.
I mean I have 4 chars on Terra but my 4 chars are empty on the german server so they could be transfered easily

When we transfered from Pandore to Terra, all we had to do was to create massive trial account and fill the "nibs char" with everything we had in the appartements.

When I moved from Pandore to Terra it required me 16 chars to transfert 8 chars (as appartements weren't duplicated)

Speedball
13-04-08, 18:54
']Who wanna bet on a rollback ? ^^

Pas moi...

I reactived yestarday, so, a rollback would be a pretty sad welcome back gift.

boreal
13-04-08, 19:22
criss j'veux pas non plus

i just come back 1 week ago. already make it to PA1 and now the pa2 where 1/2 lvl from me !!!!

GIMME BACK MY NEODRUG PLZ !!!!!!

Xirus
13-04-08, 19:34
Complete wipe and merge the servers to ONE.

Will never happen cuz most guys are obsessed with their items/rares/status and whatever.

Road runner
13-04-08, 19:52
Lol and you think that is going to draw in how many players?

Did you see what happened to the playerbase when they went from NC1 to NC2? A lot of people left and they still had some of their stuff. Whipe it all and you will have even less people playing. Obviously you play this game for different reasons than I and many others. It's all about the end-game for me and wiping and starting again will just send me packing.

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 20:08
To be honest the downtime is really... scary

It's been around 8 hours and the server isn't up.

RIP lil' hamsters

Petty Goat
13-04-08, 20:16
is this the end of neocron?

Xirus
13-04-08, 20:17
Most of the people were not moving because of their stuff, it was because the game sucked there. The new players have to start from zero anyway and the little people left will be all on one server but well, theres nothing to talk about because this will never happen.

RAB
13-04-08, 20:32
']To be honest the downtime is really... scary

It's been around 8 hours and the server isn't up.

RIP lil' hamsters

Probably a resource issue. I.e. there isn't anyone looking at it at the mo - prob not in till tomorrow !?

I spend 10 years working as a self employed programmer in the banking tradding and settlement industry and regardless of what went wrong servers were never down for more than an hour or so - at most. Never!
They simply couldnt afford for that to be the case so all stops were pulled out to fix problems. Not the case here. Sadly.

But you know - shite happens - probably no ones fault. I hope/expect they are doing all they can.

Seraphin[69]
13-04-08, 23:30
The correct announcement is :

We are currently experiencing technical issues with the server Terra. Our tech department WILL BE investigating the source of these issues ON MONDAY but we cannot give you an estimate yet when the server will be available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

(as we had no update on the problem ever since)

RAB
14-04-08, 09:07
well I know I used to have to carry around a pager. If anything went wrong at any time of day 27/7/365 then i was expected to log on and fix it. Same for all technical departments.
I'd presume there is something like that in place at RK !?!?!?

Biglines
14-04-08, 10:44
it's back up

SnowCrash
14-04-08, 11:41
']The correct announcement is :

We are currently experiencing technical issues with the server Terra. Our tech department WILL BE investigating the source of these issues ON MONDAY but we cannot give you an estimate yet when the server will be available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

(as we had no update on the problem ever since)

Once again, I recommend you to base your statements on facts and not on speculations.

As already explained, damaged hardware had to be replaced and this has been done over the weekend.

However, the server is back online and you can get your daily dosis Neocrack. ;)

-closed-