PDA

View Full Version : Just started playing again after years and...

RAB
12-04-08, 13:02
... here are my first impressions.
(I last payed just after we converted to NC2)
Been playing quite a lot last few weeks and my tank is nearly 90 str with imps.

Obviously lots has changed. So in no order my pros and cons and just thoughts:...

Graphics level customisation is simpler but end result means I cant turn off vegitation, sky etc.. completely so my lap top lags a bit which it never used to.

Fuk me mobs are harder! If you're not careful even with PA and all duranium armour and half decent resists a WB will kill you in a few shots.
Small spider bots kick the hell out of me lol
With all Gods wish armour, fire mob hunting is hard!! even prohibative.
I'd say, maybe too hard over all. I would expect my character to be able to take a little more damge that he can.
Seems set up for team play but, with population fair low at the mo, not something that happens much and needs addressing.

Community seems generally nicer!
Had loads of other runners give me money, weapons, imps etc... when i was a newb. General interaction in game is friendly and helpful.

Items are hard to find. Am forever asking "where do i buy ..." and having level 3 imps only accessible to biot fsm again would be find if there was a high population but there isn't so needs to be addressed. Took me nearly a week of asking before someone agreed to buy me 2 imps regardless of how much i offered as a tip.

Epics are fun

Mobs are more scarce. No WBs in MB which I miss.
Can run through west side of map for ages and not see any mobs at all maybe apart from the odd wolf!!

I like the new suit as additional effect armour thingie and localised armour effects. BUT belts need addressing then as some of the old belts are still setup to give an overall effect, or so you would think.

Population is quite low. Often single figures on especially early in the morning (GMT). Is a shame. Has RK thought of making a single player version of Cron with automated pokers, and the ability to buy better quality weapons etc.. etc.. Kinda like oblivion! I know it would be a lot of work but is a direction they could go in. I'd buy it.

Less FRE's and Sync errors but they still there.

Still LE'd so cant comment on balance at the mo.

Love the new graphics: guns, reloading etc.. small but good touches.

I think I like the skill changes, removal of damage caps etc.. stops the cookie cutter setups. People will opt to have better resists or more speed or more damage etc...

Would be nice to have some kind of RK player game co-ordinator.
Someone to arrange events n such.

Overall the game seems better than it's ever been but not achieveing it's potential due to not enough people basically playing!

I'd say the next year or so will be make or break for Cron. If this isn't taken seriously and some serious efforts are made to re-advertise the game, and encourage people to come back and play more by what ever means then I recon no matter how good a game cron is it simply wont have the incomming make it economically viable in the future.

Zheo
12-04-08, 13:50
Since you've only just returned you wouldn't know that Neocron went through the balancing, this was a period where we the community told Reakktor to stuff NC up their ass if they did a graphical update instead of fixing the game.

They choose to listen to our whining and even created a TEST server for us to try it out, had some nifty RED gm pa for the gm's to run around in.

All weapons are now "balanced" so to speak. In theory this means that no one is at a disadvantage, though people still say melee and apu's need a tweak.

I personally like the idea of making APU's more passive rather than a fighter, giving them aggressive-passive spells like, anti-buff, damage-buff, anti-heal etc, then reducing the damage they currently do. This would mean apu's couldn't kill someone one on one, but they could take down a ppu by themselves.

Mobs are harder for a good reason this is an MMO not a single player game.
The idea is you don't go taking on high level mobs all the time. They did bring down the mobs alot as they used to be all insane, I can personally take on warbot's very easily, distance is the key, stay far away so they can't hit you, unless your a pistol user, in that case, haha...

Also just for the record;

Warbots do Energy/Xray - Force, with maybe some fire or pierce (missiles)
Fire mobs do Force/Fire not just fire, actually it's probably mainly force. Confusing but true.

The belts are meant to be that way, they do offer a silly amount of protection in one area, which does make a difference if your hit in the torso the easiest second to hit.

Second level imps can be brought at point red.
Third level imps you need BT/TT for, on Terra search for Ressi Blade, Logan Ford or the Company I'm pretty sure they all deal in implants.

I'm not in game much currently been busy with new pc etc, gotta send my psu off for a replacement, but I do have a beginners apartment I can give you. shout for Zheodaine on trade or contact Ressi blade im usually on her TS if i'm around.

Hope this helps.

CMaster
12-04-08, 14:04
... here are my first impressions.
BUT belts need addressing then as some of the old belts are still setup to give an overall effect, or so you would think.

Been saying so for ages, admittedly not often here on the forums. Seems to have been overlooked. Changing it would effect balance again mind...

I'd say the next year or so will be make or break for Cron. I
Make or break was years and years ago. In fact, probably the first year after NC1 release, although NC2 release may have been a second chance to make it. But it didn't happen, and I'm unaware of any MMORPG that didn't make it big in it's first year ever getting so. No matter what KK do with NC now, it's never going to pull in the crowds, sadly. Still, as long as it keep breaking even (and maybe even beyond that, judging by NC1s example), I'm sure it will stay up. I have to say that I imagine it doesn't look like it makes sense to put much staff time in developing the game further mind, although I'd hope they'd keep bugfixing and exploit blocking. Still, if 10T is in as much trouble as some of the rumours I hear, who know's what the future holds for KK and their games.

Hell-demon
12-04-08, 14:18
Yeah, 10tacle are in a world of shit I've heard. 8|

Zheo
12-04-08, 14:58
poor 10Tacle someone rub some lotion on it.

If your not going forward your falling behind, as far as businesses go.

Mind you could be worse they could be EA. Electric-*********************s lmao.

Anyone play CnC3? What a piece of crap that was, after playing that I decided I'd boy-cote EA since they can't seem to come up with anything new infact they can't seem to do much other that spout out games faster than the public can spout out working class kids, to benefit cheating single parents also known as C.H.A.V.s

That's quite off topic though, so back on it, We should be helping this noob to survive until he has his LE out then we can spam him with abuse over OOC. :D

If you need some support feel free to shout for Zheodaine :) I'm not around much so I probably wont respond hehe.

Road runner
12-04-08, 18:01
To be honest isn't it quite good that a game with such low populations is still living?

It's been going, what, 6 years from when most people got their hands on it in Beta 4, and there's been ups and downs. The fact that its still making money (it must be, couple of months back pre-f6 patch, populations were at around 6% max and it was running then, and now its about 11% max) so until those drop back down to 5-6%, I reckon that Neocron will continue to soldier on.

It's still the best MMO out there... (well in the opinion of most of the community not the world..)

LTA
13-04-08, 11:32
Make or break was years and years ago. In fact, probably the first year after NC1 release, although NC2 release may have been a second chance to make it. But it didn't happen, and I'm unaware of any MMORPG that didn't make it big in it's first year ever getting so. No matter what KK do with NC now, it's never going to pull in the crowds,

everyone of my old clan a lot of old friends i know still say they'd love to play NC again, its just the same old bugs that keep em away, the sapped fun with the hard combos of class etc etc.

This game still has vast potential people cant stay away lol even me after a few years on wow i am still checking back praying they'd fix the synch or the fre or toned it down or found some way to minimalise it massively without blaming my isp or my ram or anything else.
Its still pretty much the only one of its kind, a diamond in the rough but no one wants to take it that far, even content wise all they needed to do was add a few bits n bobs every few weeks maybe a mission line or two odd bit of clothing, some guns even a stikky post on the forum saying "this is the plan for the next few months" people would've been happy.
If i won the lottery i'd buy this game out purely because i'd be pretty sure NC3 with the right changes would rake a fkin mint in, especially if i mailed the old playerbase with various topic titles lol
I guess we're just wishfull thinking tho

I wont say what i think about black prophecy but it reminds of Freelancer/Eve, much more original than nc O_o i think the team are just bored of this project tbh

Biglines
14-04-08, 00:39
if they're bored maybe a few new things should be put in?