PDA

View Full Version : Hunting / Levelin spots

RAB
03-04-08, 12:11
Started a new account.. leveling my tank pretty fast, got 60 odd STR and * already after a matter of days, but starting to slow down so looking for some decent 'power' levelin spots.

I tried the CRP caves - shocked at how poison damage way too much at the mo even tho got 50 odd in resist and heavy kevlar armour etc..
Same for El Friad (spelling?)
Fire mods seem more powerful than i remember too...

Where is a good spot where a mid level tank can blam away with a AOE gun and get some good exp ?

Sharper Blade
03-04-08, 12:21
regants boss room

Bob Arctor
03-04-08, 12:50
Yep Regants is good to get past those mid-levels. I'm told you can solo the boss room for uber-exp but I could never get it right, besides, teams are more fun.

El Farid great exp if you can get to the boss room and hide behind the wall with a 'nade launcher (with DoT ammo mod). You can usually outheal the occasional spawn that appears while you kill it if you have tl40 tool and survival kits. Still, chances are you'll die a lot.

Faid
03-04-08, 15:47
Regants is your best bet for xp, get to the boss room, kill the nightmare with a direct damage weapon if possible then aoe all the other mobs, all while running in a big circle. Regants can get annoying though, the mobs are buggy as shit sometimes and will one-shot kill you.

You might try the hole in one of the ceres labs also.

NAPPER
04-04-08, 02:43
I lvled from str 50 to cap with fire mobs in f13 or whatever the zone east of cycrow is very very good xp and rare drops till some fucker comes with a tank just get a sloted laser cannon and ur all good theres a gogo in the middle of the zone so u dont have to carry loads of ammo and u can allways zone in to the mine if it gets to much for you ;)

RAB
04-04-08, 19:19
thanks for the sugestions gents.

flib
04-04-08, 20:02
I got my Tank from 97 STR to WoC 1 within 6 hours one time at Regant's. (including server downtime for maintenance, the times I died because the game crashed, etc)

The trick is to do it very early in the morning, kill anyone who happens to wander in (not really), and relog in the boxes area.

SorkZmok
04-04-08, 21:18
2 ways basically.

The relaxed way that will also net you quite some rareparts is firemobs. Full inqui armor, some fire resist in con and an xray modded Ravager or Creed. Once you get used to mob range, it's easy.

The fast way indeed is Regants, there's just nothing even close to it.

Mobs down there do mostly pierce and instant poison damage with some fire from the boss mob. So get a mix of inqui/heavy kevlar.
I used to do it with an energy modded TT epic cannon to take out the boss and then any AoE gun will do. The mobs got high fire and poison resists, so try to avoid those damage types.

When you get in, just keep strafing along the wall and kill the boss. That's the hardest part.

Once he's down you just gotta go in circles until you got all mobs gathered in the middle. After that it's piss easy. Just be careful with the 110 ones, they can hit really hard and tend to lag alot.

And get used to AoEing while running. I killed myself quite some times down there. Good con xp though. :lol:

And bring LOTS of stamina boosters!

flib
04-04-08, 22:34
Here's my procedure, which allows much less running:
1. Get everything's aggro
2. Attack boss with Creed
3. Get to the choppah! (boxes)
4. Finish boss
5. AoE crawlers to death
6. Gather sluggers to middle
7. AoE sluggers to death
8. ?
9. Profit

Step 5 doesn't work very well with Doombeamer; I used a Malediction for all of this, since it has a smaller blast radius. It might not be a bad idea to use a Doombeamer for step 7 though.

SorkZmok
04-04-08, 22:46
I tried to use the boxes but the boss kept hitting me no matter where plus there's always a few mobs around the crates hitting you aswell.
It worked alot better just running around.

And for AoE, the only gun i had was a Moonstriker. Pain in the ass to aim those rockets but it's just awesome once you got the trick.

:)

flib
04-04-08, 23:34
Well I'm usually able to kill the Nightmare pretty quickly with my Creed (it's not even a good one), so by the time it can make it to the boxes, it's about dead.
As for other mobs, they don't really do much damage if you're positioned correctly.

RAB
24-04-08, 18:22
found a nice AOE spot for mid level characters I'd like to share with those of you who dont know bout it...

Chester - run East past bunker - zone once and you immediatelly come to a large circular pit area full of quick spawning launchers etc... like at the bunker at MB.

Perfect for mid level AOE.

Faid
25-04-08, 02:00
Ah, the Chester pit, good memories :D

NAPPER
25-04-08, 04:17
found a nice AOE spot for mid level characters I'd like to share with those of you who dont know bout it...

Chester - run East past bunker - zone once and you immediatelly come to a large circular pit area full of quick spawning launchers etc... like at the bunker at MB.

Perfect for mid level AOE.

Becareful though i was fighing there and about 15 spawned it was hard bout i just kept running away then shooting and so on died a few times due to being a WB behide me but what u going to do was fun lots and lots of EXP :angel:

Faid
25-04-08, 06:15
Gunning a reveler at the chester pit used to be awesome fun :D The spawn rate is great for it.

NAPPER
25-04-08, 09:28
Gunning a reveler at the chester pit used to be awesome fun :D The spawn rate is great for it.

Speaking of spawn rate do they still have the crazy ass warbot one in I10?