PDA

View Full Version : Does not load

tarasm
01-04-08, 21:26
I was playing neocron yesterday till I fataled. Then I tried to log in and it would not get past loading screen, Ive rebooted my computer, Closed all my background programs and have reinstalled neocron. I have no clue of what to do :confused:

I have not changed anything on my computer and I have not updated my computer. Automatic updates are turned off, and I have ran a virus check and my computer comes up clean O_o

Anyone know what might seem to be the problem?

EDIT: it just hangs at loading screen.

Jodo
01-04-08, 21:35
Mighty Max should pop up at some point telling you to delete certain files. I can never remember them though.

Mighty Max
01-04-08, 21:43
Mighty Max should pop up at some point telling you to delete certain files. I can never remember them though.
Thats usually beyond the loading step (charselect or synching): models.tmp and defs/Servername

On loading screen, it's more likely a defect .pak, pak_ or .log but since you reinstalled with no progress, try deleting the above named cachefiles. And/Or clean the logfiles.

Jodo
01-04-08, 23:19
Your posts regarding such things should be Stickied. There's usually someone having trouble, that you seem to help them through, at least once a month.

naimex
01-04-08, 23:23
Your posts regarding such things should be Stickied. There's usually someone having trouble, that you seem to help them through, at least once a month.

shh, dont say such things...

... you'll ruin his daily +1 post count!! 8|

We cant have that... he might develop a o_O

Jodo
01-04-08, 23:42
Hahahaha, and I thought I was being nice. :p

tarasm
02-04-08, 17:32
I did everything jodo told me and it is still not working. Can a GM or someone help me?

tarasm
02-04-08, 22:55
I still have the problem. Can anyone help me please?

naimex
03-04-08, 13:19
I still have the problem. Can anyone help me please?

this is a bit of a stupid way to do it, but this worked when i had a problem with neocron on my old laptop.

go to control panel
go to user accounts
create a new user account
log off windows
start neocron

that worked back then... then after a while it worked on the first user account again.

Jodo
03-04-08, 14:11
lol, NC and Windows must've bugged each other into working. :lol:

Odin
03-04-08, 15:34
When you reinstall make sure you remove the Neocron folder after uninstall (I find a lot of folk leave the folder which generally still has the issue within).