PDA

View Full Version : ION Weapons

Satan2k2
01-04-08, 16:36
Cause the other thread from 2006 was closed by a admin cause of very old thread, I'll ask here.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132891

How I get the Rare Code Fragments?

I made the Ferguson Run in TH, to get access to the Databases in the High Sec Logins.

After this, I searched the Logins and i got realy access to the databases, but no downloadable files.

All what the database said is it got some *.DAT files, but they didn't exist and the database stopped transmission.

I searched the Rare Code Fragments #1 - #3. But i didn't found a database to download it. So the question again, how i get the rare code fragments?

I searched in P1, P2, Via2 the high sec logins.

Ferguson said at finishing the quest, the databases to get the fragments are named something with Tangent and in P1 and Via2 are Tangent Technologies Customer Registration ...... But I said before... nothing.

And in the old thread were posted, the fragments 6 - 9 were dropped in TH Bridglink by 100/100 mobs, but there are only 96/96 mobs and they drop Spines for Codebreakers.

Can someone help me please? Noone in help channel could help me.

Thanks,

Wolv

Brammers
01-04-08, 17:01
1. The rare fragments are dropped from the 96/96 static mobs in the TH Bridgelink. Like rare parts, the rare fragment drops are rare as well.

2. To get parts 1 to 3, you need TL100 Data cubes, and you need to have done the Ferguson quest.

3. Then the next thing you need to do is go around to each Hi security login, and find the right databases that give the rare parts. That means, you have to kill all the mobs, and log into each database inside to find and "download" the rare fragments. Not all Hi-sec logins have rare fragments for download, you just have to find the right ones.

So you are on the right lines, just need to keep searching a bit more.

james_finn
01-04-08, 17:08
And once you have found all the items - maybe you could add it to the wiki [[here (http://wiki.techhaven.org)]] - Its part that would be very useful to have!

/Delphi

Satan2k2
01-04-08, 19:13
Okay, i done the Ferguson quest already and have tl 100 cubes with me, so i need to find the right databases, thanks

and what's with 4 and 5?

Faid
02-04-08, 00:12
OK this is how the rare code fragments used for the construction of the ion shotgun weapons work.

First off you need to do the ferguson mission to gain access to the terminals inside hacknet.

You must then locate where these rare code fragments can be found.

Plaza 1 & 2 Pepper Park 1 & 2 Viaroso 1 & 2 - All have low, mid, & high security login terminals.

For rare code fragments #1 - #3 you will need to have tl100 datacubes with you in order to download the parts from the terminals.

You do not need to kill anything inside these security logins found around the city.
*note, if you cannot access the terminal, do a quick relog next to it and you should be able to access it after that.
The terminal wll give you a list of things to download, only the rare code fragments are downloadable from these terminals.
*there is usually more than 1 terminal inside the high security logins, check both.

Here's where they're found

Rare code fragment #1 - Pepper Park 1 High security login

Rare code fragment #2 - Plaza 1 High security login

Rare code fragment #3 - Plaza 2 High security login

For Rare code fragments #4 & #5 - You do not need cubes for these parts. At the moment these are GM spawn items, looted from containers inside the low and mid security logins
*note, these containers will most likely be empty and you will need to ask, or hope, for a GM to spawn them.

Here's where they're found

Rare code fragment #4 - p1 p2 pp1 pp2 via1 via2 LOW Security login

Rare code fragment #5 - p1 p2 pp1 pp2 via1 via2 MID Security login

For Rare code fragment #6 - #9 These drop from the 96/96 Techhaven Bridgelink mobs far inside hacknet.
*note, there are 2 types of 96/96 mobs inside the bridgelink, ones that move about freely and ones that stay perfectly still. The mobs that stay perfectly still (static), and never move from where they are, are the ones that potentially drop the rare code fragments. The other, mobile mobs, are unlootable.

All this information is accurate and has been tested by myself recently.

I hope this helps you, as it took me forever to figure it all out.

/edit - Delphi if you want to add this info to the wiki please go right ahead, I'd do it myself, but I'm a bit lazy atm :p

Zuul
02-04-08, 09:42
Hi all.. have a question..

Where i can find the snippets from fergusons quest ??? i looked in the TH storage, but i dont found anything...

Faid
02-04-08, 17:07
The snippets for the ferguson mission are found inside storage containers located in the 3 portals connected to the techhaven bridgelink. If the containers are empty, it means the spawn of the snippits is probably screwed up and you may need GM assistance. I had this problem about 2 years ago, its a shame it still exists.

Satan2k2
08-04-08, 02:14
I added a article about it into Wiki and i added some points from your text, if there's no problem.

http://wiki.techhaven.org/Ion_Shotgun_Weapon

and.. maybe someone can correct it, cause my english is not real good. :D

and maybe a admin can add a S to "WeaponS" at the end. Ion Shotgun Weapons

Brammers
08-04-08, 03:20
and maybe a admin can add a S to "WeaponS" at the end. Ion Shotgun Weapons

I've done that for you. Thanks for the article, if you need help putting in some links to the Item DB, please use the talk pages.