PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot error?

Riddle
31-03-08, 15:06
Ok guys, I never had this issue before so maybe one of you can help me out.

Whenever i take a screenshot NO RPOS appears even though it is showing on my screen?
I have two copies of NC installed as i duel log,
- one with a Hud Mod
- one without
but this is the case on both copies. Tested it last night.

I used to ALT-Ctrl-F6 to hide the HUD to take a screen now and again but it is not hidden in this case so i have no idea!

Problem is i need to take some screens of the RPOS and i can't...o_O

Jodo
31-03-08, 15:19
I've had this problem since 2.2, it made finishing off my custom RPOS awkward I can tell ya.
I started a thread about it in the Balancing/Bug Report forum back then but got no reply about it from anyone, let alone staff. That tends to suggest that they know about it and it involves too much effort to fix it.

Brammers
31-03-08, 15:36
I had this bug back in 2.2 testing, which doesn't look like it got fixed (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138166) .

I use Fraps and Xfire for taking screenshots, as it gets around the 128 picture limit, and also I can specify which picture format to use. (Such as PNG, JPG etc)

CMaster
31-03-08, 15:40
Yeah, screenshots for me don't miss the whole thing, but miss out certain boxes (info boxes, trader windows etc).

Mighty Max
31-03-08, 15:51
That problem is caused by the solution to a well known Screenshot ***.

From my observations:
Screenshots are made asynchronous to the rendering, thus taking now snapshots just at the time the key is pressed instead of interrupting the renderer & movement logic.

You can reduce the probabilities of a cut off HUD in the screenie by enabling V-Sync when you are having more then the vsynchs FPS (i.e. >60). This will keep the complete rendered image in the video memory for some time and thus increases the chance to catch a moment where the screen was rendered completely.

Riddle
01-04-08, 01:11
Ok guys, thanks for the input. Bummer :( wanted to take some screens of shit for Wiki! suppose i'll stick to the missions for now ;)

Strange thing is it's worked fine up until this week!!! AHHHhhhhhh

StevenJ
01-04-08, 03:13
Ok guys, thanks for the input. Bummer :( wanted to take some screens of shit for Wiki! suppose i'll stick to the missions for now ;)

Strange thing is it's worked fine up until this week!!! AHHHhhhhhh
If I just want the odd screenie, rather than a fix, I run in windowed mode, and press alt+prtscreen

Then paste into mspaint, and save. It's not ideal, but works well for the odd thing.

flib
01-04-08, 05:51
Just don't save it as a jpeg, Paint save jpegs at a low quality.

Riddle
01-04-08, 09:42
Just don't save it as a jpeg, Paint save jpegs at a low quality.
My screens end up around 3mb and upload to wiki is restricted so paint and jpeg gets around 90kb so yes low quality but not so dam memory hungry.
what else would you suggest Flib?
I am no expert in image manipulation tbh :)

Hoder
01-04-08, 14:02
I use paintshop pro. You can specify exactly how it compresses jpegs. My jpegs are always set to the minimum possible compression, although the file sizes are a little larger.