Zeninja
29-03-08, 14:00
That's right. This one is from 1860 :

http://www.firstsounds.org/sounds/1860-Scott-Au-Clair-de-la-Lune.mp3

More infos here : http://www.firstsounds.org/sounds/

;)

Mc.Neill
29-03-08, 14:57
well the oldest MP3 s gotta be when its been invented in 1995 or something ? or do you mean the oldest song in mp3 format ? :)

greetz *Neill*

naimex
29-03-08, 16:01
well the oldest MP3 s gotta be when its been invented in 1995 or something ? or do you mean the oldest song in mp3 format ? :)

greetz *Neill*

i think someone just found a record or similar from 1860, or whenever, and either used a microphone or some audio adapter to move it to the computer and then encode it to mp3 format..

Can't get anything else to make sense, and even this doesn't make sense...

ashley watts
29-03-08, 16:38
Sheesh, thats old :o

Zeninja
29-03-08, 18:03
i think someone just found a record or similar from 1860, or whenever, and either used a microphone or some audio adapter to move it to the computer and then encode it to mp3 format..

Indeed, something tells me it's a recent encoding from one of the earlier sound recording medium ever conceived rather than some 1860's Sound Blaster 1.0 sample, but who knows...

james_finn
29-03-08, 18:19

I think it was waves etched onto a smoked piece of paper afaik, and then it was copied using a laser onto a computer, where they used a "virtual" stylus to read the information and output in common sound format.

Supposed to be older than the recording edison made, however it wasnt recorded to be played back!

/Delphi

Neo.x.phyte
01-04-08, 05:19
this is blatantly the most ******************ed waste of time ever, the oldest mp3. Mp3's are the bane of my existence. FYI they are one of the poorest audio codec's available and they are the most popular. if you dont believe me listen to a ogg-vorbis at the same bitrate. sounds more like flac. IT sounded like a gorilla punching a turntable. Anyways sorry to dis this post but it stinks to high heaven.

Asurmen Spec Op
02-04-08, 00:22
this is blatantly the most ******************ed waste of time ever, the oldest mp3. Mp3's are the bane of my existence. FYI they are one of the poorest audio codec's available and they are the most popular. if you dont believe me listen to a ogg-vorbis at the same bitrate. sounds more like flac. IT sounded like a gorilla punching a turntable. Anyways sorry to dis this post but it stinks to high heaven.
you missed the point

Petty Goat
04-04-08, 04:29
holy guacamoley