PDA

View Full Version : The End Times

Hell-demon
25-03-08, 21:46
Opinions are like arse holes- everyone's got one.

Everyone's opinion right now is that Neocron and it's limited future are looking grim. It's been five months since a patch and before that it had been 6 months and before that. It seems the game and community took a nose dive after Neocron 2 but even more so after the rebalancing patch, which some argue didn't actually rebalance anything.

Let's be realistic here.

Neocron is facing the End Times. Why in all honesty would Reakktor put more money and resources into a 6 year old game when they can put it into their new poster child Black Prophecy?

Reakktor is not going to use resources wisely on Neocron at least. Examples are getting new coders and have them make an arcade game that isn't representative of the actual game, blowing time and money trying to establish an Eastern market and useless crap (http://www.cafepress.com/neocronshop/1016161) (notice the thong :rolleyes: )

Neocron has been revamped countless times to little success. Each revamp brings the populations up by 10% after a month and then it decreases. Did making the trees and vegetation have better textures increase enjoyability of the game to you? How about decimals instead of whole numbers for item stats?

It seems some really bad decisions have taken place. Worst of all the community is being ignored. We ask for info we get little. We post in the brainport but or ideas fall on deaf ears. If I remember we used to have a brainport forum, but it was closed.

Neocron could last another 2 years. But it wont be a fun and vibrant game as it used to be and could be.

These are the End Times....

Nidhogg
25-03-08, 21:54
Ok, this is getting beyond a joke. You all know my feelings on doomsayers by now because I've been turfing them off the forums for the last five years. The only one facing "The End Times" will be the next person to start a thread like this one.

N

/edit - Oh, and I'll immediately archive the thread. No blaze of glory for j00 - not yours. :p