PDA

View Full Version : The "save neocron" petition

Torg
25-03-08, 20:07
The "save neocron" petition

We can see players leaving Neocron one by one. The end of this MMO is ahead, for economic reasons. Free playing time was a good idea, but did not turn the tide. The slow death of Neocron is bitter because the game has never been balanced this well and has fewer bugs than ever. To push the end of our favourite MMO further into the future, i demand opening it for other types of gamers.

You all know the Bartle-Test (http://www.guildcafe.com/bartle.php), created by the british computer scientist professor Dr. Richard Allan Bartle. The test tells gamerdom into four categories: Explorer, Killer, Achiever, Socializer. Achieving and killing is doing well in NC, but not so much exploring and socializing.

Since competitive play always was a big part of this MMO, KK even put up a PvP-Server in the past: Neptune. It‘s closed down in the meantime for lack of demand. Achievers and killers get enough space on Terra and Mars. Not so for cooperative players: to have a non-competitive style of playing, you need to keep the law enforcer chip with its known disadvantages. Here i call for a change. Even if this change does not fit into NCs past ideology of being a PvP-game. For creating new space for non-competitive gamers, i can see two ways to go:

1. LE-Clans, and team-oriented PvM (PvE) on the actual servers. The latter is hard to do at Kks given lack of programmers (they are working on BP).
2. A dedicated "RP"-server. One big difference: no PvP. On massive request there could be a "combat-chip" to gain PvP-ability vs. other combat-chip-chars.

Exact details are subject to another post.

This petition is aimed at KK. It is meant to talk to a gamer population without a home in current NC, to bring new people to Neocron. I dont really expect lots of excitement from the achievers and killers of NC, but i will discuss my petition with you anyways. Save Neocron!

l8m0n
25-03-08, 20:25
Merge all servers into one!

Add some more content

Fix the major bugd

Give more free time to get the oldies back!

Neallys
25-03-08, 20:26
Your idea, is the best idea to definatly kill Neocron.

We have to do things such as, reduce the monthly price of neocron ? (maybe compensed by in-game advertising).

And about 10Tacles. I was randomly walking in my town, which is not known at all and then I saw a "10Tacles building". I went in, and they gave me further informations about what they were doing there. That was, developing games. I mean why are we working with 10Tacles ? To me they might be good publishers, but that's for their own games.

I agree Neocron have problems but, come on, a RP server ? eh, no, noway, never.

and, I forgot : May Black Prophety GO TO HELL!

Mc.Neill
25-03-08, 20:39
Ya that's what I'm thinking,too ... Black Prophety GO TO HELL!

Nidhogg
25-03-08, 21:14
We really do welcome your ideas, but we have a Brainport thread and two other threads that read very much like this one already. We'd prefer if you used the Brainport so that your ideas don't fall off the bottom of the forum and get lost over time. Thanks!

N