PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] I'm capped and bored

Foxtrot
06-01-08, 18:59
I got woc, I've done all the woc rifle quests. I started a clan, and I want to do some OP fights, but I'm having no luck. What else is there to do?

Glok
06-01-08, 19:02
Weren't you complaining about 3 weeks ago that you couldn't level cause no-one would team with you? Or was it no ppu?

You have pwnt the game, time to move on. :p

j/k ... OP fights will come. Just stick around and add members to your clan. You need 4 hackers I believe.

Jubaku
06-01-08, 19:51
Reroll. Four slots = More fun!

naimex
07-01-08, 01:37
I got woc, I've done all the woc rifle quests. I started a clan, and I want to do some OP fights, but I'm having no luck. What else is there to do?

Chyna had a goal once, to be the most notorious person in the game.

I wanted to be one of the strongest tanks, I had it for about a month a long time ago, then a change came and I sucked horribly again.

Some people want the most pretty apartment.

Some want to make the most 5 slotted items.

Some want to have the best abnormal build.

You say you've capped your char, you've gotten woc, you've gotten the weapons...

There are lots of more things to the game.

Have you:

-Visited the race track?

-Spent hours on end looking for the entrance to the volcano?

-Found the old house in the wastelands where you can enter a basement or a mine... it looks like an old gold diggers entrance just to explain it more thoroughly...?

-Have you killed the phoenix cpu?

-Done the mini-ppr quests? (that doomreaper + warbot thing is no joke to do)

-Gotten the Titan armor?

-Gotten the Viperking armor?

-Killed the Nightmare?

-Gotten a 5 slotted all artifact version of all weapons?

-Roleplayed?

-Collected all the trophies?

-Decorated a couple of apartments?

-Participated in GM and Player events?

-Owned the entire world map?

-Gotten the S.T.O.R.M. Laser?

-Gotten the Judgement Launcher?

-Recycled an "Empty book"?

-Recycled a "Recordable Datacube"?

-Used vehicles?

-Used aircrafts?

-Tried drones?

-Made an abnormal build, like pistol tank or apu pe or melee ppu?

-Gotten the bat queen chest and arm?

-Collected all the ion weapons?

-Been to the wastelands twister club?

-Found Albert Einstein? (if he's still there)

I'm sure there are many more, but I can't remember them all right now.

Voodoo_Magic
07-01-08, 01:55
Found a Big Yellow Bouncing Ball?

MotorMike
07-01-08, 01:59
-visit the yellow Ball (god save the Ball)

-find the tiki ( tiki i want my tiki...... :lol: )

-become a member of the electric vibe club

-do the terminator quad run

-open a bar or an nightclub in pepper park or plaza

-do the herbal run

-fight the Hurler King

-be a Gravedigger an hack an loot dropbelts :D

-wipe out the doy Bunkers

-defead the shamane an get the rare drugs

-have sex with a drom ( no drome jokes Plz :lol: )

-find the Prototype deactivtet Warbot

-watch the sunrise

OR GOOD DAMMEND TAKE YOUR WEAPON AN FIGHT FOR FREEDOM AN DEFEND

THE TWILIGHT GUARDIAN !!!!!

naimex
07-01-08, 02:02
-find the Prototype deactivated Warbot <-- Thats "Eric" right? The huge ass super-juggernaut of doom that stands in the middle of nowhere not doing anything?

Foxtrot
07-01-08, 02:04
Chyna had a goal once, to be the most notorious person in the game.

I wanted to be one of the strongest tanks, I had it for about a month a long time ago, then a change came and I sucked horribly again.

Some people want the most pretty apartment.

Some want to make the most 5 slotted items.

Some want to have the best abnormal build.

You say you've capped your char, you've gotten woc, you've gotten the weapons...

There are lots of more things to the game.

Have you:

-Visited the race track? check

-Found the old house in the wastelands where you can enter a basement or a mine... it looks like an old gold diggers entrance just to explain it more thoroughly...?

-Have you killed the phoenix cpu?

-Done the mini-ppr quests? (that doomreaper + warbot thing is no joke to do)

-Gotten the Titan armor?

-Gotten the Viperking armor?

-Killed the Nightmare? check

-Gotten a 5 slotted all artifact version of all weapons?

-Roleplayed? check

-Collected all the trophies? check

-Decorated a couple of apartments? check

-Participated in GM and Player events?

-Owned the entire world map?

-Gotten the S.T.O.R.M. Laser? check

-Gotten the Judgement Launcher?

-Recycled an "Empty book"?

-Recycled a "Recordable Datacube"?

-Used vehicles? check

-Used aircrafts? check

-Tried drones? check

-Made an abnormal build, like pistol tank or apu pe or melee ppu?

-Gotten the bat queen chest and arm?

-Collected all the ion weapons?

-Been to the wastelands twister club? check

-Found Albert Einstein? (if he's still there) check

I'm sure there are many more, but I can't remember them all right now.

Glok's signature is NICE!

And thanks for the list. Plenty of stuff to do now.

MotorMike
07-01-08, 02:27
-find the Prototype deactivated Warbot <-- Thats "Eric" right? The huge ass super-juggernaut of doom that stands in the middle of nowhere not doing anything?

Gotcha !!! :D

aKe`cj
07-01-08, 03:01
The huge ass of doom that stands in the middle of nowhere not doing anything?

...and you got me thinking this was a reference to fabien decado :D

naimex
07-01-08, 03:30
Gotcha !!! :D

... I'm confused ...

Weren't you referring to "Eric"?

Snedex
07-01-08, 06:25
-Found Albert Einstein? (if he's still there)

He's still there :)

aKe`cj
07-01-08, 06:27
found the abyss of hell yet? ....best location for freejumping in nc :p

Voodoo_Magic
07-01-08, 06:32
Have you done this yet?
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141514

naimex
07-01-08, 06:38
bad voodoo, bad bad bad voodoo..

You know cross-posting isn't allowed.

tsk tsk tsk *raised index finger going from left to right and back again*

Brammers
07-01-08, 12:04

Ahh the good old Volcano. :D

A few more to add.

- Found Sid the fallen warbot?
- Found Phoenix's secret HQ in Tech Haven?
- Shot and killed Brammers in game
- Found the extra entrance to Tech Haven
- Gone swimming with Wee crabs
- Done the Tiki and Electric vibes quest

james_finn
07-01-08, 12:08
A couple more to add:

* Visited the Pheonix Bar
* Built a Vehicle selling empire
* Killed the Hurler King

/Delphi

CMaster
07-01-08, 13:32
Stolen the Batqueen's bones from its fast decaying corpse?

Fought over a single OP for an entire day?

Crossed your eyes while trying to focus on The Apparition

Got a "Lousy Datacube"

Wrenched an Ultima from the inards of a DoY bot?

Visited the secret Fallen Angles HQ (And I do NOT mean the security centre)

Gambled away all your money in the OZ Jail.

Made use of the hookers in OZ Jail.

Joined somebody else's clan?

Ran an event?

Been awarded a faction medal?

Killed Jack Red or Ronald Roderiguez? (Difficult as they are normally LEed)

Got a crossbow?

Held a high-diving contest into the sea?

Killed Regant Himself?

Taken on 3 enemies at once solo and won?

Won a Fight Night?

William Antrim
07-01-08, 13:35
Is it sad to say that apart from the winning MOTU event and I think only 3 or 4 of the other things that yes I HAVE done most of those things at one time or another.

The secret FA Hq, well I went there in NC1 on pluto but I had no idea if it was still there or not.

The only other thing I have to add really is have you found ALL of the entrances to nc. When I say all I mean all FIVE of them (if they havent blocked off the old BD entrance still).

CMaster
07-01-08, 13:38
Is it sad to say that apart from the winning MOTU event and I think only 3 or 4 of the other things that yes I HAVE done most of those things at one time or another.

The secret FA Hq, well I went there in NC1 on pluto but I had no idea if it was still there or not.

The only other thing I have to add really is have you found ALL of the entrances to nc. When I say all I mean all FIVE of them (if they havent blocked off the old BD entrance still).

Nah, there's still five.
One's a lot less well known than the other 4 mind.

Which reminds me:

Gone levelling in places not really intended for it, such as:

Secret BD HQ
Secret TS HQ
Crahn Abbey
Abandoned FA HQ (dome).
etc.

Brammers
07-01-08, 13:40
Secret FA HQ in NC1? It wasn't there then, it only came along in NC2.

Mind you I've not checked to see if the Secret HQ is still there in the current patch, since Fallen Angels has it's new HQ just below Techhaven 2.

William Antrim
07-01-08, 14:43
What was the FA thing in nc1 then with all those droids and robots in it. It was a safezone iirc. I only went there once as was fa for about 3 months before pluto fully died and I went back to uranus.

Tickles
07-01-08, 14:59
Nah, there's still five.
One's a lot less well known than the other 4 mind.

Which reminds me:

Gone levelling in places not really intended for it, such as:

Abandoned FA HQ (dome).
etc.

You mean killing all those 5/5 beggars and the like with a couple 100/100 boys down in the secret area? Doubt it's particularly good leveling but it's def a cool find. They should put more mobs in the Dome HQs, Anarchy Breed who have taken over like the Abandoned BD and TS hqs in NC pre-patch.

silent000
07-01-08, 15:33
Spam "I'm Bored" in OOC when a GM is active and as bored and get warped to the secret GM area with no exit and evil mobs :(

danmalone
07-01-08, 16:28
- Shot and killed Brammers in game

Check :lol:

Cromac
07-01-08, 19:22
If you can't find members to join your clan either find another small clan to merge with or join and OP fighting clan, there a few about each with there own different attitudes.

Voodoo_Magic
07-01-08, 19:29
I have done EVERYTHING in this thread. Apart from been awarded a faction medal..

And lets face it, only R2K really get those (even tho they dont rly play... *shock*)

Ive stolen a faction medal from Chenoa, or we did as a clan thing :p

SkullCult 1 Chenoa 0

Jodo
07-01-08, 20:23
SEX someone for money.

A friend of mine did that back in NC1 and didn't know I'd seen him cos I was on a newly rolled character. Needless to say his Uncle (my best friend in RL) was a little disappointed though not shocked. 8|

Jest
07-01-08, 20:29
Won a Fight Night?
Does Fight Night still happen? I haven't seen anything about it since I've been back. There'd be a bunch of new places to have it from what I've seen. Though a couple of the old spots are no longer feasible. :'(

Anthax
07-01-08, 20:35
Does Fight Night still happen? I haven't seen anything about it since I've been back. There'd be a bunch of new places to have it from what I've seen. Though a couple of the old spots are no longer feasible. :'(
It's up to the players or clans to run them usually, although the GMs will usually support you if you request it.

William Antrim
07-01-08, 21:18
I was thinking of running one over xmas but I havent got round to it, rl commitments mean no nc for the moment.

Jest
07-01-08, 22:34
It's up to the players or clans to run them usually, although the GMs will usually support you if you request it.
Yah I'm the one that started it way back in the day on Pluto. :P Awesome to hear that it is getting some GM support these days. I'd be more than willing to come and assist with it if any one wants to put one on.

Bozz-Von Mel
08-01-08, 00:55
have you swam to the island in A-17 ?

things i have done while bored ?

- Built a sky platform out of metal boxes over the courtyard of a via 3 apt. Only to loose half of it when the apt database goes down. :mad:

-Terminator assault quad quest. :D

-That Herb Quest. CON drug ? who cares. :confused:

-Make my WOC HC tank a pistol tank. :rolleyes:

-

Faid
08-01-08, 02:27
Obtain a 5 slot of every slottable item ;)

Pestilence
08-01-08, 03:06
Pray to the Big Yellow Ball :)

Jodo
08-01-08, 09:36
have you swam to the island in A-17 ?

Would it not be easier to take a glider?

Dead Bodies
08-01-08, 17:54
My tank is woc 5 str and woc 3 con.... i still play with him daily weither im smashing mobs or runners .... if your bored make some friends and grab some greens, and buckle down for some serious fun. find a clan with a Teamspeak and join in that way u may be involved all the time and have the option of dooing many difrent things with numerous people.

Riddle
08-01-08, 18:06
Alternatively find a clan that uses TS/Vent ..Get drunk...Hurl abuse... and generally banter till your sides split from laughter......

Right where's my Stella and my Mic....:cool:

Brammers
08-01-08, 18:39
Alternatively find a clan that uses TS/Vent ..Get drunk...Hurl abuse... and generally banter till your sides split from laughter......

Right where's my Stella and my Mic....:cool:

Hmm, we need the THN/Phoenix drinking games on vent again...been a while. :cool:

Oh yes... this has to be added to the list of things to do.

- Sing while drunk on vent and make sure someone records it so everyone can hear it the next day. :p

Bozz-Von Mel
09-01-08, 01:36
Would it not be easier to take a glider?

Good idea take a glider then.

MotorMike
09-01-08, 01:56
get some chummers an start an Biker Race at dessert race track

get some droners an fight Drone vs Drone at th Droner arena or elswere

get some airguards an start an dogefight Glieder vs Glieder /bomber vs Bomber

Get an troop carrier or rihno or other Vhc an start an taxi service

Raid Mb

Raid Th

Raid canyon

Explore the Outzone Kanalisation

get all trophys and master trophys

:cool:

MoonDragn
06-02-08, 17:04
Not to bring up an old thread, but what is the end game like in this game for non-pvpers? Is there raid type mobs? Are there raid guilds who don't PVP?

L0KI
06-02-08, 17:12
Not to bring up an old thread, but what is the end game like in this game for non-pvpers? Is there raid type mobs? Are there raid guilds who don't PVP?

Probably should have started a thread in the 'New runners corner' for a question like this mate - but hey, I'm not a mod.

To answer your question:

You can PVE to your heart's content, farming Mc5 for the ever-valuable Mc5 chips (Lots of clans do this), or farm the WoC tunnels for the even more valuable WoC discs!
Pure PVE at endgame can prove to be very profitable, especially if it's all you dedicate your time to!

I would, however, thoroughly recommend you at least try the PvP, as it is quite possibly the most rewarding and fun MMO PvP you will ever experience. Trust me, you will spend a lot of time learning how to beat that last guy that killed you.

I waste a lot of time in NC by standing around waiting for PvP fights, but the occassional group PvE mission can and normally is quite fun :)

MoonDragn
06-02-08, 17:21
Well I probably would consider pvp if theres nothing else to do, but its not one of my favorite activities. I just don't enjoy killing other people for fun even in a game. In real life maybe... Just kidding.

I tried pvp games before and just didn't like them. Most of the time somebody exploits some kind of bug or have a super 1 shot I-kill-you setup thats ridiculously powerful etc. Its just not fun.

Plus I'm too much of a vendetta personality. I like revenge too much. I probably would camp outside someone's apartment for days to get my revenge and that would just be a waste of my time.

L0KI
06-02-08, 17:45
Plus I'm too much of a vendetta personality. I like revenge too much.

In that case, welcome to NC :D

Riddle
06-02-08, 18:00
End Game PVE content consists of :

- MC5 (For rare implant parts)
- Warbots, Fire Mobs in Wastes (For rare weapons Parts)
- DOY Tunnels (For Slot enhancers and Ultima Mods)
- DOY City - (For WOC parts)

And thats about it, tbh out of all those i enjoy DOY tunnel runs in a well organised team or DOY City, As the other two can be done solo.

As for PvP if you don't like the close up combat then either get a droner or rifle spy who can kill people from a distance then stealth off undetected with a wry smile on your face :cool:

MoonDragn
06-02-08, 18:04
As for PvP if you don't like the close up combat then either get a droner or rifle spy who can kill people from a distance then stealth off undetected with a wry smile on your face :cool:

Actually thats what I hate most about pvp. Is the fact that someone can do that without any real risk. I prefer a even field where noone has an advantage like that and have the ability to kill someone without risk.

Thats what I hated about DAoC and their snipers.

I would more prefer a close combat fight where it is more about skill and less about stealth.

zii
06-02-08, 21:37
My tank is woc 5 str and woc 3 con.... i still play with him daily weither im smashing mobs or runners .... if your bored make some friends and grab some greens, and buckle down for some serious fun. find a clan with a Teamspeak and join in that way u may be involved all the time and have the option of dooing many difrent things with numerous people.

Do you mean that you have the XP for these levels or you have WOC for CON & STR? I did not think this possible.

flib
06-02-08, 22:09
1. You can't have WoC in more than 1 thing.
2. There is not NPC to talk to in order to receive Con WoC even if it was an option.

Riddle
06-02-08, 22:13
Actually thats what I hate most about pvp. Is the fact that someone can do that without any real risk.

There is always risk in Neocron, it is impossible to one shot kill a target (no Headshots in this game) So even at distance with surprise you can still become the hunted. It takes skill even at distance in this game.

I prefer a even field where noone has an advantage like that and have the ability to kill someone without risk.

Thats what I hated about DAoC and their snipers.

I would more prefer a close combat fight where it is more about skill and less about stealth.

Even close range other players will have an advantage as setup is key in this game. If you have all the skillz in the world and a shit setup you'll be dead. It takes investment of time in your setup as well as honing your skills, thats why this game beats other FPS hands down. The combination.

I didn't say i prefer that style, Just that it was an option, i play both styles with the characters available to me depending on my mood or what's needed in the field.

Scaramanga
20-02-08, 02:26
Roll an le'ed ppu and help newbs. If there's not enough people to fight, helping new runners level and showing them afew things about the game only helps everyone.

derretimos
20-02-08, 08:36
it is impossible to one shot kill a target

uh woc rocket launcher v. /2 unled apu = 1 shot kill (and then some)

William Antrim
20-02-08, 10:10
Even close range other players will have an advantage as setup is key in this game. If you have all the skillz in the world and a shit setup you'll be dead. It takes investment of time in your setup as well as honing your skills, thats why this game beats other FPS hands down. The combination.

Tbh I have to disagree slightly. The pvp in neocron is better than most MMO games, whereas it is nowhere near as good as the pvp in ANY fps game worth its salt. The people who play nc purely for pvp are generally terrible at proper fps games (no safe zones to run to) in my experience.

UT99 is getting on for a decade old now and the engine is showing its age but it is ten times better than nc for action. The thing about nc is the atmosphere is like no other game around, and the fact that there is SO much MORE to nc. You get involved due to the people you meet and speak to, not the ones you clip around hills after.

nabbl
20-02-08, 10:18

yeah... u oneshot kill yourself -.-

Riddle
20-02-08, 16:16

My comment was in the context of sniping, i.e. Headsots in normal FPS = Death, not so in NC.

You can one shot kill with a bloody drone http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif but that's not what i meant.

Tbh I have to disagree slightly. The pvp in neocron is better than most MMO games, whereas it is nowhere near as good as the pvp in ANY fps game worth its salt. The people who play nc purely for pvp are generally terrible at proper fps games (no safe zones to run to) in my experience.

UT99 is getting on for a decade old now and the engine is showing its age but it is ten times better than nc for action. The thing about nc is the atmosphere is like no other game around, and the fact that there is SO much MORE to nc. You get involved due to the people you meet and speak to, not the ones you clip around hills after.

I am glad you disagree with me http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif or what would we debate about http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/cool.gif

I was trying to convey that setup is important in this game unlike most FPS generics where its ALL skill based. It's a fundamental difference.

As for action yes FPS are much better for hard hitting , adrelanine fuelled rush times!
But i can pretty much give any FPS game to my brother and he's ripping people apart in no time.

Yet in NC you can't just pick it up and PvP thats why i think its much better you have to invest time in understanding what makes your char great, your skills though in using this great char are in your own hands http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

aenema
20-02-08, 17:28
It's true, as stated above, that the combination of both skills and setup is one of this game's best aspect, in my opinion.

I wouldn't say that it's the best combination to make a game successful though.

Riddle
20-02-08, 17:51
The context of the thread was PvP but i am no expert in that field that's for sure!! NC is great for so many other things also....to quote again.

You get involved due to the people you meet and speak to
Why I play my Main Logan Ford CST most the time, the talk, banter and interaction helping out noobs and vets alike.

not the ones you clip around hills after. So true......On my Secret Ub3r PvP Char, most conversations start with some dead person Dm'ing me and end with me adding them to ignore :p ooo soooo evil...

virgil caine
23-03-08, 18:01
Maybe we could start a thread with people suggesting things that other players can try for some new experiences.
I have not collected a Bat Queen item in years, maybe I'll go try that tonight.
There are places that I have never seen in this game and I'm sure that other people can think of some good suggestions, not looking for anything special but just some different experiences from the usual go to NC to spend the evening chatting with my friends.

Faid
23-03-08, 18:50
There was another thread, very similar to this one, a few months back called Im capped now what? or something like that - there were a ton of idea's in there.

Here's one for ya though, find the "big yellow ball" :)

CMaster
23-03-08, 19:14

Morning Glory
23-03-08, 19:27
Here's one for ya though, find the "big yellow ball" :)

yeh check my avatar for it :p

virgil caine
23-03-08, 22:33
Thanks CMaster, maybe Niddy or one of the mods would consider bumping the thread for us.

Habrok
24-03-08, 02:02
Threads merged.

Regards,

Habrok