PDA

View Full Version : Customer service....part 2

VegaH
23-03-08, 14:49
Hé.....I just passed by and saw the thread of Zheo that got closed by 3 GMs that came in and said he talked a bunch of bullshit.

To be honest, when I write to KK Exploit email or stuff like that I did get a follow-up everytime between few days...so I cannot talk shit about that.

HOWEVER, Zheo did ask simple question about why the community never gets updates about what's the direction KK wants to take about the game and why is it they started a thread of Brainreport 6 months ago and nothing of all those 25 pages of ideas never came to life in game?? This is the part I'm interested in....

Can someone from KK answer this and not close my thread saying I'm a dumbass talking bullshit? I just would like the good ideas of the players to be implanted in game and I wonder why some simple ideas aren't done?

Thank you

The VegZoR MeisteR :angel:

virgil caine
23-03-08, 17:51
I seldom comment in threads like this because (please do not be offended) they are always being posted for one reason or another. This game has been around for a long time with a fairly level following and server percentage. I realize that population is low but it is what it is and just trying to piss people off is of no benefit (I realize that is not the intention but it is the result nevertheless) ....I know that there are ideas out there but you also have to understand that the developers have their own agenda and this is, after all their property; let them work on it and see what happens. These things never happen fast and never will but honsetly what else is out there that gives you the kick that this game does. So, it could be better but it is still the best fun I have found out there...try some other aspects of the game...start a new player that has no help from your mates....make a player and kill your mates without them knowing its you.... complain to them about how bad the asshat PKer is...just go have fun mate, the aspects of this game are myriad and the fun can be regained if you just use the tools that the developers have given you.
These are just "way off the wall suggestions" but you see what I mean ....when was the last time you leveled at El Farid or went warbot hunting with 4-5 mates ? Take that LE out first thing and get miffed at the pkers at MB ....go try to kill them at level 10 anyway. Sometimes we forget its just a game because we have so much time invested in it and we really do love this game so we wish for even more ....that "more" has to come from us too...we can't just cap 4 characters and then expect the developers to continue to challange us, no other game does that and no game can, all the developers can do is basically raise the level to "nightmare" which they have. Go to Industrial zone and kill all those NPC's without being killed yourself (bet you can't do it). No other game of this size can compete with NC its not WOW but then I don't play WOW because it basically did not carry my interest like this game does.

Napalm82
23-03-08, 18:08
Holy wall of text Batman!

But Virgil does have a point, no matter how we feel about it, this game does not belong to us, we cant MAKE them do what we want to do.

So why not just let them work? And IMO they have already proved that they DO listen to us, even if it does take a while :lol:

- Napalm

zii
23-03-08, 18:19
I agree with Virgil. The game plods on and this is the way it will.
I had fun a few nights ago when I decided to ditch my CS for a tangent plasma cannon and try one-on-one verses a tank with a CS. I won two out of three, although it took a little long, but very enjoyable. When I went back to my CS I was even better.

Faid
23-03-08, 18:47
I have to agree with Vegah, and his sentiment, he's simply wondering why KK tell us to post our idea's when they obviously don't use them. It's a deflection method of sorts, deceives us into thinking our idea's and our involvement is actually making much needed progress with the game, when in actuality, it is not.

I also agree with Virgil, it is KK's game and they will always do whatever they want with it. So why ask us to waste our time trying to help with idea's and solutions when they don't seem to want them from us? Its very, very, frustrating being led around like this.

l8m0n
23-03-08, 20:36
Are we still paying for this?

DOH!

Zheo
23-03-08, 20:59
Just for the communities records, I talked to Odin and listed some tickets that I never got a reply to which he looked at, two of them had been dealt with but I got no out of game reply, fair enough I couldn't check up on that.

Some had been lost, but where no longer relevant so they can be ignored and another the most recent I was told to poke someone. I have been told to keep poking in the future if something doesn't get a reply.

I doubt I'm the only one who has seen people say in-game "Helpdesk didn't get back to me."

So perhaps we should as the community have our own proccedure?

1st - Check you got the auto responce.

Yes - Re-submit - New email copy the ticket number and say "heard nothing back"

No - Check your spam filters, Someone's not getting the message you or them. If you still don't get the auto reply make a new email account with yahoo or something and try again. (not the same one you used before).

2nd - Contact Odin himself if you still have no joy.

3rd - Post the ticket request on the forums perhaps if it's possible meaning nothing against the forum rules. If none of the above works.

As the community we should *I Believe* inform runners who say "I've heard nothing from helpdesk" to do the above.

I personally agree with Vegah, nothing wrong with Reakktor saying;

"We're all working on BP atm, thanks for Brainpot suggestions, we'll get onto reviewing them properly asap."

I also think Reakktor should post offically once a week/fortnight/month just to reassure us they haven't all passed out from a coffee over dose.

Nidhogg
23-03-08, 22:01
The vast majority of lost tickets are down to people using hotmail accounts et al which have a nasty habit of eating replies. If you don't get a reply within 24 hours (or 48 if it's account related and it's a weekend) then by all means knock up Odin or even myself and we'll see what's going on.

As I said before, GM, helpdesk and account support are fully manned and fully intend to provide you an excellent service, even if a friend of a friend told you that some GM told them otherwise. :/

N

virgil caine
23-03-08, 22:27
I also agree with Virgil, it is KK's game and they will always do whatever they want with it. So why ask us to waste our time trying to help with idea's and solutions when they don't seem to want them from us? Its very, very, frustrating being led around like this.

That is not really what I was getting to with my post. When you ask for advice from a friend do you feel that you are obligated to take the advice or do you look at it as something to ponder over and then make a decision on your own. Thats what I am saying, you offered your idea and it will usually be taken into consideration, but you are mistaken if you feel that every idea should or can be implemented or even commented upon. I have seen ideas from the forum be implemented into this game more than once, even implemented into "hotpatches", so to say that KK does not take our views into consideration is not fair at all.

If you look back through the forum over time this discussion is nothing new and what you are saying has been said many times before with patches and new versions of the game coming out to prove that the developers of this game were paying attention and do use and implement ideas from the community.

Faid
24-03-08, 15:51
That is not really what I was getting to with my post. When you ask for advice from a friend do you feel that you are obligated to take the advice or do you look at it as something to ponder over and then make a decision on your own. Thats what I am saying, you offered your idea and it will usually be taken into consideration, but you are mistaken if you feel that every idea should or can be implemented or even commented upon. I have seen ideas from the forum be implemented into this game more than once, even implemented into "hotpatches", so to say that KK does not take our views into consideration is not fair at all.

If you look back through the forum over time this discussion is nothing new and what you are saying has been said many times before with patches and new versions of the game coming out to prove that the developers of this game were paying attention and do use and implement ideas from the community.

Well, if I were dying and a shit load of people were constantly telling me what to do to cure myself, yet I blatantly ignored them and did absolutely nothing to save myself, but told these people to keep giving me suggestions anyway, I would imagine they'd be a little pissed at my own ignorance and stupidity. Thats all I'm saying, there have a been a million really good suggestions, and it seems as if none of them get implemented, or even acknowledged for that matter. Im sure kk have put some stuff to use somewhere along the line, but the majority of the very useful, critical idea's get ignored. Anyways, im done ranting now time for work.

Doc Holliday
24-03-08, 16:36
Well, if I were dying and a shit load of people were constantly telling me what to do to cure myself, yet I blatantly ignored them and did absolutely nothing to save myself, but told these people to keep giving me suggestions anyway, I would imagine they'd be a little pissed at my own ignorance and stupidity. Thats all I'm saying, there have a been a million really good suggestions, and it seems as if none of them get implemented, or even acknowledged for that matter. Im sure kk have put some stuff to use somewhere along the line, but the majority of the very useful, critical idea's get ignored. Anyways, im done ranting now time for work.

Faid if you were dieing we would all make sure we cured you because otherwise the forums would be a much more boring place ;)

Nidhogg
24-03-08, 16:37
What if everyone told you you were dying when you weren't. How would that make you feel, hmm? :p

N

Doc Holliday
24-03-08, 16:50
What if everyone told you you were dying when you weren't. How would that make you feel, hmm? :p

N

it would make me feel (like saying) owned :)

virgil caine
24-03-08, 19:54

N

Does being told I'm ugly when I'm obviously not count because that happens all the time...girls seem to laugh a lot while they are saying it.

Zheo
24-03-08, 20:50

N

I'd say your doctor was a lying bastard and sue him

Mighty Max
24-03-08, 21:10
Well that sue is now beeing processed for years and the doctor is still saying "Wait wait he is gonna die" ... and yes the one will ... sometime ... on his old age.

Suh Duke
24-03-08, 21:14

N

I wish that was the truth... because if it were I would feel compelled to resubscribe.

However folks, it seems that the underlying fact is:

The game DOES have a support staff (Nidhogg is evidence of this), but the developers of old are no longer active and/or too few to make changes in a timely matter in order to save the future of Neocron (what little left there is).

I loved this game, but have always felt let down by the pace at which changes comes to the game. Extremely rudimentary texture changes still have yet to be updated on player avatars.....

Praise be to the old days of Neocron beta/release ;)'

You know, if they let this game go open-source or opened it to client-side modification a lot could be done. Hell, they could probably make more money in advertising, while quadrupling the population if it went to a no-pay monthly system in exchange for various in-game adds (which if themed right would be the best solution for a dwindling population). Or simply look at Anarchy Online. 'Funcom' has very smart focus on how to keep the population active with new players frequently joining/leaving.

Faid
24-03-08, 23:51

N

lol, tu che', I was speaking of a strickly hypothetical situation ofcourse ;)