PDA

View Full Version : Leeds - The Aftermath

Dribble Joy
22-03-08, 20:37
Much fun was had.

Alas I found out I had forgotten my camera whilst on the train, so no piccies from teh dribble.

Friday train ride was a bit of an adventure. I had either to change at Derby or Nottingham then Sheffield.
I got to the station, and due to an unforseen toilet stop prior to leaving the house, the train arrived and left as I was getting my ticket.
Not wanting to wait an hour for the next train to Derby, I got on a Notts train about 10 mins later.
A foolish attempt at beating the route given to me was foiled. I went to Derby from Notts, then to Sheffied then to Leeds. The journey still took me about 3 hours.

Met the lads in a pub and promptly started the activity we were there for; Drink.

Much of this was done and I consumed a lot of ale. we went to a club/bar place and people brought me vodka shots. These were consumed too.

A pizza was aquired and mostly eaten. We then slept.

A few hours later, I awoke with possibly the worst hangover I have ever had.
I thought it was going to last all day but after a glass of water and a choc-chip cookie in an italian cafe run by a very crazy old italian lady I was feeling disturbingly well.

We bimbled and came to the weapon museum. We then bimbled some more and had a drink in a very empty looking bar staffed by an utterly miserable barman who only had chips in the way of food.
What I got was more like two giant potatos cut into 10 pieces. Two of these 'chunky' chips were so large they were raw in the middle.

We continued our bimble, said goodbye to the guys in cars and headed for the station. Brams ran off to get his train, I had to work out which one to get. I got the one that went to Derby and while looking for a seat, found Brams again. I read his magazines and got of at my stop. The train to Luph only took a few minutes and the time from getting on the train to getting to my house after walking the 2 miles to it from the station, took two hours. Huzzah.

Hoder
22-03-08, 21:46
I'll start your imaginations off with the first pic.

http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Leeds.jpg

I won't name names unless the people concerned want themselves identifying. Those of you in the pic can feel free to post who you are :)

danmalone
22-03-08, 22:22
Out of the many conversations that went on.. this one 'popped' up and made a few ppl giggle :p

i got a bit of a blow on the motorway up here

As for photo's... its a shame i cant post up on of the prizes i received. I think it could result in
Edited :p

Overall tho it turned out to be a decent night and am looking forward to the next one ;) Shame Andy wasnt about tho... Me and a few others had a Jammy Dodger (sum random flavoured stuff in a glass) just for Andy!

Just gotta figure out what benefits this NCPD t-shirt is gonna get me now :eek:

p.s. I dont appreciate ppl taking showers at half 5 in the morning when im trying to sleep :lol: Got in at 1 and went to bed for 4hrs... alot more comfy than the crap i was sleeping on (alrite for the price i guess :rolleyes: )

Kanedax
22-03-08, 22:26
Bah, looks like you guys had good fun, almost makes me wish i lived on that side of the pond.

silent000
23-03-08, 00:49
Legends, I really wish I could of been at this one lads, but atleast I was still remembered with those shots :cool: Can't wait till the next one tho...

Brammers
23-03-08, 01:11
Nice prizes Danmalone, I must say you must love that NCPD T-Shirt and that [Edited] prize.

Here's how he won the prizes - for doing the best sex emote in the FAB bar. :lol:

http://www.techhaven.org/albums/nc-meet-leeds-2008/aab.sized.jpg

I'll post some more pics later, a little shattered from the traveling, but it was yet another fantastic meet. Thanks to Cmaster for being a great host, and good to see everyone!

Dribble Joy
23-03-08, 03:27
For those who don't know, I'm the tramp with the beard.

THE_TICK!!!!
23-03-08, 05:01
hmmm, gonna have to do it again next year ill save up some leave days and make myself available..in fact all of us dirty americans with jobs should save up and do the DO..... put out a schedule a month in advance so we can get time off you dirty brits :P

(edit) hmm small request...can i pick the place ? im assured i can get an outstanding deal and can ALSO gaurantee a great time :)

Dribble Joy
23-03-08, 05:29
There are currently ideas about a meet in the summer, for several days in a hired cottage where BBQs and general drunkeness can occur.

hawkeye0778
23-03-08, 07:50
Hey guys what a night, think i was a bit tipsy by the end of it though. Lots of beer/vodka, Pizza and not forgetting 2 of the nicest steaks i have ever tasted. oh and that pub (angel) if you look up im sure you can see a small village built on the roof! All i can say is thank god for c master for getting me home. Definately up for the next one! I particularly enjoyed the Emote, well done Dan!!! One of us was silly enough to drive after the evening, consiquently he enjoyed a stay at the NHS hotel for this, he's ok though luckily. I'm sure he will tell you himself later. Was great to meet everyone and find out i have been killed by most of you in the past, not surprising. As mentioned by text i am having a party in july and you are all welcome, details to follow for any interested but dont think ill be putting em direct on here (hmmm wonder why) lol.

StevenJ
23-03-08, 12:07
Looking forward to the next one, whatever format that takes..

And I promise... the next one WILL be the eXL zerg we're used to... :mad: There'll be trouble if 9 pull out again, and tears before bedtime!

Ishmael/Mystic
23-03-08, 13:42
p.s. I dont appreciate ppl taking showers at half 5 in the morning when im trying to sleep :lol: Got in at 1 and went to bed for 4hrs... alot more comfy than the crap i was sleeping on (alrite for the price i guess :rolleyes: )

What dan means is, got in at 1, 3 and a half hours of sleep, steve woke up after 4 hours and NEEDED a shower... :D

Anyway, shame i couldn't make it, bends over and prepares for spankage from dan.

Trivaldi
23-03-08, 13:58
To fill in one blank, the second prize for the sex-off was THAT photo, signed and framed :p Rare very limited edition memorabilia!

I had a great night as every bar in Leeds seemed to have a bottle of Wild Turkey behind it, much to mine and Hoder's joy although i think Bram was a little less convinced by it's marvel and greatness.

£14 it was for two doubles in a bar suitably named 'Bourbon', pricy but oh so tasty.

To top it all off i lasted the entire night and didnt even look drowsy! So ner! Told you! :D

Triv

Lodar
23-03-08, 14:03
Still gutted I didn't make this one, but rest assured I'll be there in the next gathering, whatever form that takes!

StevenJ
23-03-08, 14:07
I swear that vodka I got was porridge flavoured :(

I can still taste its milky gravelly and savoury pastey effects...

/Edit @ Lodar

Setting off to the pub to watch the footy... any bets? :p

Hoder
23-03-08, 14:34
I swear that vodka I got was porridge flavoured :(

I can still taste its milky gravelly and savoury pastey effects...
Those vodkas were fantastic. Proper loopy juice though... it kinda makes me look like this:
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Shots.jpg

Now, can someone remind me just what the hell THIS purple concoction was? CMaster seems to know...
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Shotpurple.jpg

The Wild Turkey appreciation club :D
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Turkey.jpg
..much stroking of imaginary beards :p

Finally, one for Cracker.. our toast to "absent friends" with a glass each of "Jammie Dodger"!!!
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Jammie.jpg

Pics courtesy of Brammers.
More pics to come...

CMaster
23-03-08, 15:39
The purple gunk was "Parma Violet" flavour vodka.
You know, these sweets:
http://www.mrsbrowns.co.uk/acatalog/PARMA_VIOLETS.jpg that taste suspicously like soap.

Hoder
23-03-08, 16:01
Aaah, that was it.

Funny though, I've never even heard of those sweets 8| The drink was nice though.

Anyway, the highlight of the evening had to be a visit to the FAB cafe, where we were surrounded by various retro TV themed memorabilia. And here, for your delectation and enjoyment, is our very own StevenJ looking up to his idol (and yours, i'm sure), the one and only Joan "the freak" Ferguson from Prisoner!
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Freak.jpg
I felt honoured!

Another random shot of early evening Leeds drunkenness:
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Street.jpg

And the award for the most random sight the next day goes to:
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Lights.jpg

A traffic light at a canal lock 8| I can just imagine the gridlock without one :rolleyes:

Brammers
23-03-08, 19:43
I had a great night as every bar in Leeds seemed to have a bottle of Wild Turkey behind it, much to mine and Hoder's joy although i think Bram was a little less convinced by it's marvel and greatness.

I was expecting it to be a pint of some northern Real Ale, not whiskey. Although I did suffer the next morning, but I think I'll blame the Vodka for that one, as I really don't remember much about going to the Vodka bar. What I do remember is walking back to the hotel with everyone in a thick snow blizzard!

I've just looking through the pictures in my collection again, and I think Hoder has picked the best pics out of my collection! ;)

StevenJ
23-03-08, 20:40
his idol (and yours, i'm sure), the one and only Joan "the freak" Ferguson from Prisoner!Careful, next time along I'll bring my black leather gloves, then we'll see who is sorry! :lol:

Trivaldi
23-03-08, 22:26
Now, can someone remind me just what the hell THIS purple concoction was? CMaster seems to know...
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Shotpurple.jpg

The hand to the right is mine, that was the Chili Shot, i almost choked drinking it. Blearugh.

Triv

Hoder
24-03-08, 01:45
Careful, next time along I'll bring my black leather gloves, then we'll see who is sorry! :lol:
*puts on best australian accent* Rack orf!!

hawkeye0778
24-03-08, 09:17
the later pictures dont have me in them, the reason? it is difficult to take pictures of someone UNDER a table!

StevenJ
25-03-08, 03:01
Just gotta figure out what benefits this NCPD t-shirt is gonna get me now :eek:

start
tl 50
NCPD Shirt
graphic NCPD
+ dex 40
+ funkfactor 12.46
- pullfactor 4.12
end
Ok, that settles it. I need to do less programming

Riddle
25-03-08, 10:58
Aaah, that was it.

Funny though, I've never even heard of those sweets 8| The drink was nice though.

Anyway, the highlight of the evening had to be a visit to the FAB cafe, where we were surrounded by various retro TV themed memorabilia. And here, for your delectation and enjoyment, is our very own StevenJ looking up to his idol (and yours, i'm sure), the one and only Joan "the freak" Ferguson from Prisoner!
http://www.davefinney.myzen.co.uk/Neocron/Freak.jpg

Ok guys is it me or what!! I am somewhat concerned why the hell Mr J is looking up when he should by all MANLY rights be looking down at the picture below!!!!

ZOMG its Miss Leia in that o so delectable outfit!!!!

silent000
25-03-08, 12:28
You obviously dont know Mr Steve! :lol:

Jodo
25-03-08, 14:07
Why does Triv look like he's partway through performing "The Robot" in the first pic on the first page? :D

Hoder
25-03-08, 14:08
Why does Triv look like he's partway through performing "The Robot" in the first pic on the first page? :D
Because he was born with that beer glass fused to his hand?

Danae
25-03-08, 19:43
Aww I'm so jealous, I haven't had a drink in 9 months and haven't been to the UK in a year and 8 months lol oh well, it looks like you guys had a great time :D Next time come across the Atlantic and involve me and Oathy in your drunken revelry!

Hoder
25-03-08, 22:34
Aww I'm so jealous, I haven't had a drink in 9 months and haven't been to the UK in a year and 8 months lol oh well, it looks like you guys had a great time :D Next time come across the Atlantic and involve me and Oathy in your drunken revelry!You provide the plane tickets, we'll provide the beer and fine company.

and the odd mint aero if you're lucky ;)

Trivaldi
25-03-08, 22:38
I dare say a few packets of Jaffa Cakes would seal the deal.

In regards to the robot picture, wearing this armour day in day out limits my dancing prowess.

Triv

Danae
25-03-08, 22:45
You provide the plane tickets, we'll provide the beer and fine company.

and the odd mint aero if you're lucky ;)

hehe woo minty aero *drool* the amount of money you'd save on alcohol and accommodations in this cheap place would more than pay for itself :P

silent000
26-03-08, 02:06
Don't get me started on food you crazy people! You know I go on for hours :p

THE_TICK!!!!
26-03-08, 04:41
i think we should do one in thailand !! cheap fun !!

William Antrim
26-03-08, 10:26
i think we should do one in thailand !! cheap fun !!

Their version of "role play" might be incompatible with some of the games these boys like to play though Tickster. :lol:

hawkeye0778
26-03-08, 22:16
hey thiland sounds good to me, all games especially role plays are worth trying at least once. :D

Jodo
27-03-08, 08:49
Oh dear. The LadyBoys of Neocron. 8|

Purple
02-04-08, 00:28
Hi ,

Been a while since I posted been even longer since I left NC but would be nice to meet people if you where to hold another meeting and a old player is welcome of course.

I am at Uni in Durham at the moment and near Leeds at the weekends I would love to meet some of you . Especially you TICK xxx

Anyways if there is a meet can someone let me know ta x

danmalone
02-04-08, 03:54
Hi ,

Been a while since I posted been even longer since I left NC but would be nice to meet people if you where to hold another meeting and a old player is welcome of course.

I am at Uni in Durham at the moment and near Leeds at the weekends I would love to meet some of you . Especially you TICK xxx

Anyways if there is a meet can someone let me know ta x

Im assuming that there will be another night out later on this year maybe Sep-Nov time?

Its nice venturing out to other cities and seeing what the nightlife is like, its not often i go wandering the streets of random places ive never been to :p

The time before (late last year) we decided upon Leeds after a matter of days, any suggestions on another one? ALSO, i must comment on the 'purple people eater' its a drink that i quite often buy at a cocktail bar near me, its v
v nice :D

/edit Mr Andrew better make an appearance next time, im not sure i could manage with that Jammy D drink.... it may sound nice but i beg to differ 8|

Dribble Joy
02-04-08, 04:08
We had an idea bout a summer meet in a rented cottage somewhere, where we could drink, watch films, burn meat (BBQ) and generally makes fools of ourselves for a week.

nobby
02-04-08, 05:43
That sounds fun

I'll be driving soon, so... why not :p

If it's in august tho... i'll be back in Tokyo :D

How about a Tokyo NC Gathering next year guys? ^^

Ishmael/Mystic
02-04-08, 09:55
If kk pays for the flights, sure. :lol:

The cottage thing sounds tasty, as long as there is a bed for me and dan ;) Must find a job first tho...

silent000
02-04-08, 18:05
Yes, I will definitely be going to the next meet-up and will also be driving too, so anyone in the south-west region near wiltshire sort of can get a lift from mes :D

StevenJ
02-04-08, 19:00
Yes, I will definitely be going to the next meet-up and will also be driving too, so anyone in the south-west region near wiltshire sort of can get a lift from mes :DI'd love to see your first road rage incident. I bet it'd be your last, too, as you would surely end up in jail :p

As for the summer cottage idea, I'm presently wondering who would make the booking, as they'd be responsible for damage... :angel:

Ishmael/Mystic
03-04-08, 09:48
I'll need a ride andy... ;)

danmalone
03-04-08, 11:16
I'll need a ride andy... ;)

He might show you the infamous trolley? ;)

NAPPER
04-04-08, 02:50
SOOOOOOOOOO.....

Wheres the next one *cough* Sheffield *cough* :angel:

Napper

CHA0S
13-04-08, 14:11
Suggest next piss-up be in the southern area for a change instead of the north give some others a chance who could not make that distance a better chance being in a more central area imo

so i suggest Milton Keynes

Crazypsifookar
13-04-08, 15:16
;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Go lets have it

Hoder
13-04-08, 16:03
Dude, we already did Nottingham (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141154) in December. You missed it.

CHA0S
13-04-08, 16:57
seems just going up and up so guess be in Glasgow next :lol:
tbh glasgow is a nice place though

just go all the way south to Brighton beaches and we all line up and do the /sex emote :lol: :lol: