PDA

View Full Version : Reakktor Customer Service.

Zheo
22-03-08, 16:28
First of all, this isn't a moan but more of some constructive criticism.

To Reakktor Staff,

How you treat your customers can make or break your company, for example;

If you went to a restaurant and asked for a table, and the waiter asked you to wait while he located one. Then came back four hours later and said he'd found the perfect table for your family of five, a dark, dank, smoke filled corner.

Do you think that A: the family would still be waiting? Or B: they'd accept the table?

What if they did, and their food took another three hours to arrive, came with the wrong orders, and cold. Would they eat it?

Then when the bill came it said £99,900.99 + tip. Do you think they'd pay?

The wait I personally believe Neocron's players have been treated is appalling. I do not mean in-game GM tickets. I mean communication, explanation. Taking the communities views into consideration and of course the way you have treated Neocron since BP was announced.

I personally have no intention of playing BP, not because I have anything against it, or space sims but because I believe you will treat us (the players) the same as you have with NC and that is just appalling. BP will be less-popular than Neocron within side a year if you continue with your current level of customer service.

Where I work customer service is paramount. We are happy to open up stock and allow customers to try the food, without them having to pay for it. Every member of staff is given permission to do this at a cost to the company. When a customer has an issue with a product they can return it without packing or recept for a refund and replacement, if the product is not up to standard or a swap/refund if the item is unwanted. Again at a cost to us.

We have had the brain pot thread for a long time now and nothing has come of it. We have had no word since the last patch from Reakktor, and I am being told helpdesk is ignoring it's emails I certainly haven't had any replies to the emails I've sent within the last six months, apart from automated messages. I have no spam filters in place to block emails from Reakktor.

I wont pretend I know what goes on in your office, no one does as far as I know, I'm not even sure the devs know. However it does appear Neocron has been abandoned, which is a shame, there is nothing else quite like NC out there, and it could have been something very special I now fear it will die a slow and painful death as interest slowly drains away.

Communication IS important. And It seems we only get anything when ninety percent of the community posts on the forums demanding information.

I wish you the best of luck with BP but I personally think it will be nothing more than a bad-EVE clone, that if NC is anything to go by will be full of broken promises, full of bugs, and unbalanced until the end of it's life. I expect it will be very popular for the first year perhaps then slowly die off, like Neocron.

I do however plan to play NC until it dies or something better comes along.

Once again this isn't a "dig" it's just constructive criticism better customer service would attract more customers, which at the end of the day is important for any business. If your not growing, your dying.

Regards.

tarasm
22-03-08, 16:40
Amen.

Lodar
22-03-08, 17:07
Perhaps this thread could be perceived as harmless constructive criticism. However, I don't feel that it is going to encourage any kind of productive discussion from other members of the forum. There have also been countless threads of this nature closed for the same reason.

Thread Closed.

Nidhogg
22-03-08, 18:21
If you have a problem you will get prompt GM, helpdesk or account support. Customer service isn't the problem you are describing. To follow your analogy it's like going to the restaurant and asking them to build a new wing to seat you and your party - do you think the restaurant is going to call in a builder? What if it's a small friendly restaurant rather than a big chain?

N

Odin
23-03-08, 07:13
We have had the brain pot thread for a long time now and nothing has come of it. We have had no word since the last patch from Reakktor, and I am being told helpdesk is ignoring it's emails I certainly haven't had any replies to the emails I've sent within the last six months, apart from automated messages. I have no spam filters in place to block emails from Reakktor.

I do have to comment on this. If your getting a ticket # and no response you PM myself and I will look into it. If your not getting a ticket # at all it's either being caught by our spam filters or there's a bug within the system (as possible with the information Brammers brought up the other day). Again however I can be PM'ed as to such. Myself and Danae handle English e-mails and to date have zero involvement with BP. We are Neocron support only. So if I seem like I'm taking it personally then I always will when someone makes up blatant bs about my job.

Beyond that...pure bs. The only way you get a ticket # and no response is if your account is permanently banned which if you get no response means that your still permanently banned and were not going to respond. That's it. So if your not getting a response, then I can only only assume it's such.