PDA

View Full Version : RL Pics Chit Chat

naimex
15-03-08, 22:59
Well... there really should be one....

I can't honestly be the only one who wants to reply to some of the pictures, but have had to slap myself silly just not to write in the thread..

Glok, you really look like I would imagine a real life "Scooby Doo - Shaggy" and that's meant positively :)

Shaggy's the coolest of the Mystery Crew :D

Nytewolf, I think it's more a jesus than a moses.

Apocalypsox
15-03-08, 23:02
Sizzler almost looks as tough as ramjet :D

Cept Roger is stronger. Resembles a tank alot more :p

naimex
15-03-08, 23:06

?

What picture of Roger are you looking at ?

I only found the one of roger on a bike, and sizzler deffo looks a lot stronger.. no offense roger, but he looks like a mean ass marine.

Jodo
15-03-08, 23:09
I think soon we may see the reason why the other thread is pics only. It won't take long before some nasty comments get thrown around.

I seem to remember a picture of Nobby got used in something a little odd and probably a shade insulting a couple of years back. I can't quite remember what it was though. (Probably a good thing too.)

naimex
15-03-08, 23:16
I think soon we may see the reason why the other thread is pics only. It won't take long before some nasty comments get thrown around.

I seem to remember a picture of Nobby got used in something a little odd and probably a shade insulting a couple of years back. I can't quite remember what it was though. (Probably a good thing too.)

I remember that incident, but no matter what you do, you can't protect yourself from anyone that is purposedly attempting to be a malicious moron.

I know it's me being optimistic, but I hope that people could behave like grown-ups... it's just 1 thread to behave in. It's not like they have to change themselves or anything, just keep some things to themselves, like I'm sure we all do at some point.

I can't imagine people walking down the street yelling at every person the first things that come to mind...

Would imagine anyone behaving like that, would suddenly wake up on the street, thinking they might better think twice before doing it again...

No threat meant, but society just doesn't work that way...

Apocalypsox
15-03-08, 23:19

long ago he posted some pics. never put them in that particular thread though, i dont think.

Jodo
16-03-08, 01:24
I can't imagine people walking down the street yelling at every person the first things that come to mind...

They tend to be below the age of 16 and go around in packs. We call them scally's in Liverpool.

Nymphette79
16-03-08, 01:28
Somebody needs to make it there project to clear the RL Pics thread up, alot of dead posts

Hell-demon
16-03-08, 01:41
Maybe destroy it and make a new thread.

Necpock
16-03-08, 04:17
Or maybe keep is as a "monument" for something that once was.. :rolleyes:

Hoder
16-03-08, 04:42
I think soon we may see the reason why the other thread is pics only. It won't take long before some nasty comments get thrown around.My thoughts exactly. I'm sure I speak for the mods when I say my finger is hovering over "that" button.

Let's keep it civil, otherwise I'll give Nid your names and addresses... :p

Glok
16-03-08, 05:01
Shaggy!! Sheesh naimex. :p :D

I was a chat culprit in the RL thread recently.. and not nice.. I was messed up is my only excuse. :rolleyes:

Nytewolf2k7
16-03-08, 05:04
Nytewolf, I think it's more a jesus than a moses.

My thoughts exactly :lol:

RogerRamjet
16-03-08, 14:02
Shit, i've just seen a pic of sizzler in a vest.

It is on boys!

(pics coming soon :p )

SizZLeR
16-03-08, 17:56
The rl pics sure is an exciting thread, especially when u only "know" ppl from the NC world, its so funny to look'em up in here and see who u went hunting with the other day. :cool:

Naimex:

I noticed youre from DK too, so maybe its not so coincidential that the guy in the white patns next to you on the first pic looks familiar to me?
Where is he from? also i think u look somewhat familiar too..

RogerRamjet:

I think we have similar kinda build, dunno your height and weight, but when i see that pic of u on the bike, you look like i did 3 yrs ago, since then ive gained like 31 pounds and it aint no muscle gain unfortunately. :lol:

Atm im still 192cm but 98kg (approx 6'4" and 216lbs), just rejoined the gym to get back on track. :D

Nymphette79:

The thought about cleaning up in RL pics thread came across my mind not so long ago, when i went thru the whole thing.

Its rather annoying with alle the dead links for pictures, but I dont favour deleting the whole thread though. :)

Thx very much for the nice comments guys. :)

Btw, anyone know if theres a picture of Jini here somewhere, just a bit curious. :angel:

naimex
16-03-08, 19:07
Naimex:

I noticed youre from DK too, so maybe its not so coincidential that the guy in the white patns next to you on the first pic looks familiar to me?
Where is he from? also i think u look somewhat familiar too..

I've only met him once or twice, think hes from herning or århus.

Hes a spokesman or something for some union for metalworkers or something like that.

the images are taken at "peppers" in herning.

i live in århus at the moment, moved here last month, lived near herning before.

but you might have seen me run around sjælland in 2003 (was in the army then)

EDIT:

Btw, anyone know if theres a picture of Jini here somewhere, just a bit curious. :angel:

There isn't, but i can draw you a rough outline.

Beautiful overview of an ocean as background.
A balcony or something as scene.
A well dressed, quite well-looking man, with a suntan,
and a pretty woman next to him.

William Antrim
16-03-08, 21:17
http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/images/troll.jpg

I heard that this might be him.

Then again it might not.

Just kidding Jini. :)

Nymphette79
16-03-08, 21:34
Now ur making me all broody :)

SizZLeR
17-03-08, 02:51
Naimex:

Hmm well i live near Slagelse now, up until i was 14, i lived in Ballerup near Copenhagen..

Its just that the two of u look so familiar, but yet u might just have one of those faces. ;)

Id like to see what u will come up with if u draw a rough outline of Jini. :D

William:

Hmmm not quite what i imagined, actually i think its a couple of years ago, he had that avatar with the face wearing a red cap/hood and frankly i got pretty used to the thought that it was actually him. :lol:

Nymphette79:

I might be mistaking here, but its my impression from the latest posts of yours that ive read, that you mightve been broody before Will introduced us to the photo of what might be Jini? :D

Nymphette79
17-03-08, 03:26
Nymphette79:

I might be mistaking here, but its my impression from the latest posts of yours that ive read, that you mightve been broody before Will introduced us to the photo of what might be Jini? :D

Yeah, got 3 already but they are growing up so very fast, I want a teeny tiny little baby, love it all, pregnancy, giving birth, newborns. Altho I swear they wake up on thier 2nd birthdays demons. :lol:

Kanedax
17-03-08, 08:23
I dont know about you all, but that kanedax feller is one handsome son of a ***************.

Nymphette79
18-03-08, 01:52
CMaster u look so young & corruptable ;)

Scaramanga
18-03-08, 02:07
Afraid i have to agree to keeping it pics only, it's too easy for the insecure malicious people (although they are a small minority) to post negative comments. And it's all supposed to be good fun so i'd rather not have to read it. Although it'd be cool to see more people post pics of themselves, we spend so much time on the same hobby it's nice to be able to put an irl face to the toon in game!
Speaking of which, i should update my pic, must be afew years ago now, there's no grey hair!

naimex
18-03-08, 03:17
But when the chat is here, then atleast the moderators have a chance at damage control...

if its somewhere else, they cant really do much about it..

and the images are there for everyone to see no matter what.. so if people wanna discuss it, then they can have a place here where its possible, and where the mods can actually do something about it, in the event that someone should be going malicious.... or they can have their own little forum somewhere and be cruel and sadistic, and you wouldn't be able to do much if anything about it.

Personally I would rather keep it here at the fullest extent possible, so the mods actually have a chance of doing something about it.

Jodo
18-03-08, 07:01
That's the point though, they wouldn't start a thread somewhere else, they're likely just to post here instead. By that logic you could say, "Why moderate at all if they can post exactly the same things in their own forum and get away with it?".
Also, the moderation here often isn't 24/7. Niddy's old now and can't stay awake almost indefinitely like he used to. By the time a moderator gets around to editing something many people could have read it including the person it offends.
However, they're fairly extreme points and there seem to be so fewer fuckwits on the forum than there used to be. I think a lot of them got banned. :lol:
I think the thread is OK for now. It's had a few posts and things have kept pleasant. Perhaps this thread should have extreme rules to it, insta-banning when someone does overstep the mark. The thread title could be altered to "RL Pics Chit Chat - Instant Ban for derogatory comments", that way everyone has their warning (as after a couple of pages, some people don't bother reading from the start).

Anyway, that's way more than I intended to post, I appear to be tired and rambling so I'll sign off now. :(

Zheo
19-03-08, 05:40
My thoughts exactly. I'm sure I speak for the mods when I say my finger is hovering over "that" button.

Let's keep it civil, otherwise I'll give Nid your names and addresses... :p

You can give him mine if you like, still have a beer for him that's going all warm and drunken....

CMaster
19-03-08, 12:03
CMaster u look so young & corruptable ;)

I just went digging to see if I could find my post in RL pics - only to see it was broken.
Guess you must mean the photo in the meetup thread. And that's a recent photo!

Lodar
20-03-08, 23:55
Well this thread does seem kinda trivial to me, but as long as its not breaking the rules I don't have a problem with it. That being said, I don't see it getting stickied anytime soon, and the first sign of malicious or offensive remarks and it can go in the bin.

/edit: The RL pic thread does need a good pruning, I'll see what I can do.... ;)

THE_TICK!!!!
23-03-08, 03:30
raaaaaawr i just posted a new pic...i DO believe ive gotta be a sexy gnarly beast. !! 6'4 212 here !! mwah !!

Apocalypsox
23-03-08, 03:52
raaaaaawr i just posted a new pic...i DO believe ive gotta be a sexy gnarly beast. !! 6'4 212 here !! mwah !!

Holy shit sir. I think i am a shorter version of you. :lol:

THE_TICK!!!!
23-03-08, 04:28
w00t !! good show :) course two sexy beast's in one game ?? we might overload the servers !!

Kanedax
23-03-08, 22:24
Nah, I counter act it with my roly-polyness

THE_TICK!!!!
14-05-08, 13:57
I like this thread...so im bringin sexy back :P

NAPPER
14-05-08, 14:01
I like this thread...so im bringin sexy back :P

U bringing sexy back ROFL!!!! :lol: ;)

THE_TICK!!!!
29-05-08, 14:40
dont hate nappy :)

Chosen One
29-05-08, 18:09
Cant beat my chin of justice :cool:

Lodar
30-05-08, 02:49
Well this thread wasn't really a good idea in hindsight.

Spam, closed.