PDA

View Full Version : [OT] iTunes

danmalone
12-03-08, 16:38
Not to go O/T here but dan have you tried under the options to remove all authorised PCs? You can do it twice a year IIRC and then you can reauth your newly reformatted PC.

I tried this countless times on both my laptop and pc... it keeps coming up saying neither of them are authorised anyway. Im not sure if i went on the right thing cause itunes is a bit of a mess... any1 have any other ipod friendly players or know of a way to 'fix' my problem? I h8 not been able to download some of the rarer tracks off itunes that i cant get from anywhere else :p

james_finn
12-03-08, 17:55
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93014

Google for the win ;) I was wrong its in the itunes store section of your profile, you deauthorize all of the computers through that and then you will be able to reauthorize all the new computers with the same username and password as before :)

As for something else that will play the apple tunes, I dont know of any as apple encrypts the tunes that you download from them so I doubt (im sure someone will show me wrong) that there is anything.

/Delphi

danmalone
12-03-08, 19:10

Google for the win ;) I was wrong its in the itunes store section of your profile, you deauthorize all of the computers through that and then you will be able to reauthorize all the new computers with the same username and password as before :)

As for something else that will play the apple tunes, I dont know of any as apple encrypts the tunes that you download from them so I doubt (im sure someone will show me wrong) that there is anything.

/Delphi

Nice one!! I think that will probably solve it, ima test it when i get in from work and hopefully all should be well again :D

StevenJ
12-03-08, 19:51
Johansen, the rascal who cracked DVD encryption is now based in California (I think), with a firm that markets software that allows iTunes songs to be played on any device. I can't think of the name...

james_finn
12-03-08, 21:50
Johansen, the rascal who cracked DVD encryption is now based in California (I think), with a firm that markets software that allows iTunes songs to be played on any device. I can't think of the name...

Theres always one smart arse :p

danmalone
13-03-08, 13:51

/Delphi

Used this last night and i can now actually download stuff off itunes!!!! :D
I should have posted my problem on ere when is first came about (near enuf a year ago :eek: )

Voodoo_Magic
13-03-08, 14:11
There is a program but i cant find it atm.

Its a Itune alternative, can sync files to ipod and play ipod tunes without itunes. Also convert itune files to mp3 etc...