PDA

View Full Version : Outlook and Neocron

Morning Glory
11-03-08, 22:38
Anyone know why I can't get to the login screen in Neocron when I have Outlook running. Anyone else get this? It's quite annoying but I can't find a solution other than the obvious of turning off outlook while I play.

Nidhogg
11-03-08, 23:10
Neocron works ok with Outlook for me. Doesn't really help you much but it sounds like your problem lies elsewhere. Do you have any Outlook add-ins enabled?

N

Morning Glory
11-03-08, 23:38
The only add-in i have is the Outlook Connector for hotmail. I suppose that could be it but I don't see why.

StevenJ
12-03-08, 02:36
I think there is some Windows Live component playing tricks here - when I have someone's messenger chat history open, NC hangs for long periods during logging in.

Brammers
12-03-08, 02:46
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3, can't say I've had problems with it while NC has been running. (I don't have any plugins)

What I've have noticed is issues with NC when a mapped network drive on a virtual PC goes offline - usually after I stop a Virtual machine. NC will hang on the login screen, however Windows XP does have the same hanging problems when I open explorer.

For me, a reboot usually fixes the hanging NC problem.

Marc Hoover
12-03-08, 10:11
There is a problem with your memory, maybe you have not enough RAM for both. Neocron hangs, when you memory (in this case: RAM) is fragmented, too.

SnowCrash
12-03-08, 11:16
Please let us know if there are any reproducable issues with other programs influencing the performance of Neocron.

Zheo
13-03-08, 16:15
Please let us know if there are any reproducable issues with other programs influencing the performance of Neocron.

I deleted my Neocron folder and now my cilent wont run.

Teehee that one just had to be said.

Try not using outlook, it's horrible, get Thunderbird instead, it's FREEWARE ftw :D

naimex
13-03-08, 19:18
I deleted my Neocron folder and now my cilent wont run.

Teehee that one just had to be said.

Try not using outlook, it's horrible, get Thunderbird instead, it's FREEWARE ftw :D

who needs a mail prorgam anyways..

only people with friends get emails worth reading... obviously i have no need for a mail prorgam. :(