PDA

View Full Version : Additional Account

Nymphette79
10-03-08, 15:58
I already have Neocron on my PC and want to start another account do I have to pay for the whole game again?
TIA
xxx

nabbl
10-03-08, 16:09
trial -> full account after 2 weeks

buy the game -> 1 month free -> full account

Riddle
10-03-08, 17:19
Afraid you have to buy game to get a new account.

Most buy a second retail copy as this can be found on the internet for less than €10 now, get game, Plus a free month, then pay monthly. Cheapest option.

If you go trial, 10 days free and you get charged full retail price on commencement of account iirc.

Nymphette79
10-03-08, 17:43
Afraid you have to buy game to get a new account.

Most buy a second retail copy as this can be found on the internet for less than €10 now, get game, Plus a free month, then pay monthly. Cheapest option.

If you go trial, 10 days free and you get charged full retail price on commencement of account iirc.

hmm, obviously like the cheaper option but that means waiting and im an impatient little biatch.

nabbl
10-03-08, 17:48
third possibility:

1. start trial account.

2. buy the game from a shop you like (amazon.com maybe)

3. cancel trial account

4. after 2 weeks mail to account@neocron.com to connect the trial account with your new cd-key.

finished

Nymphette79
10-03-08, 17:52
Think im gonna do that or wait.
Sorry KK but I aint paying u near £20 when I can buy it brand new on Amazon for 28p + £1.99p+p.

William Antrim
10-03-08, 18:15
Ebay is also good.

Or you can ask me nicely and you can play on my 2nd account if youre that desperate for a fix. I have 2 usable characters on there (well one if you discount the two tradeskillers) but we can still have a good frolick about in nc later if youre up for it.

Zefrian
10-03-08, 18:26
Or you can ask me nicely and you can play on my 2nd account i strongly discourage that, independend from the person.

Glok
10-03-08, 19:04
i strongly discourage that, independend from the person.While true in the past, I think we as a community have evolved past petty shit like that.

Zefrian
10-03-08, 19:14
While true in the past, I think we as a community have evolved past petty shit like that.well, it's not only about "not trustworthy person". As is wrote, it's independend from the person.

Imagine:

You give away your password from your account to your best friend.
This best friend might be highly trustworthy, but unluckily me might have an trojan horse on his computer. Password will be revealed and misused.
YOur fried has ben harmed, *you* might have been harmed for closing down the account due to misuse by the unknown third person. And - your relationship to your friend is also damaged (slightly).

Please do not risk that (or similar incidents).

Nidhogg
10-03-08, 19:45
Ebay is also good.

Or you can ask me nicely and you can play on my 2nd account if youre that desperate for a fix. I have 2 usable characters on there (well one if you discount the two tradeskillers) but we can still have a good frolick about in nc later if youre up for it.
Don't share accounts with anyone for any reason. It's just not worth it. You risk losing support privs if you share accounts, and even offering such a share is a bad thing to do because we know now for a fact that you won't be telling the truth when all your stuff disappears and you tell us on the support ticket "No! I never share my accounts with anyone!" ;)

Just don't, k?

N

/edit - hypothetically speaking, of course.

Voodoo_Magic
10-03-08, 20:00
Don't share accounts with anyone for any reason. It's just not worth it. You risk losing support privs if you share accounts, and even offering such a share is a bad thing to do because we know now for a fact that you won't be telling the truth when all your stuff disappears and you tell us on the support ticket "No! I never share my accounts with anyone!" ;)

Just don't, k?

N

hypothetically speaking of course

you would do jack shit if items was stolen. Its your policy. Ive never known you to give any items back, even Giga's WOC PE PA Golden, which he lost in a gogo bug...

Nidhogg
10-03-08, 20:11
As I said, hypothetically speaking. Of course if some idiot (or younger brother as so often seems to be the case) decides to delete the character you've been playing for the last 5 years or so you'd want that bringing back, wouldn't you?

We haven't offered an item replacement scheme for a long time now because it was abused too often. As a MMORPG vendor we're certainly not alone in this regard.

N

Voodoo_Magic
10-03-08, 21:35
As I said, hypothetically speaking. Of course if some idiot (or younger brother as so often seems to be the case) decides to delete the character you've been playing for the last 5 years or so you'd want that bringing back, wouldn't you?

We haven't offered an item replacement scheme for a long time now because it was abused too often. As a MMORPG vendor we're certainly not alone in this regard.

N

Not saying you are, i wouldnt advise nor expect you to change that policy.

Although you can and have restored chars, stripped with no items :), which is nice of you i suppose :)

T'Pol
10-03-08, 22:31

Well it seems you are.
The Everquest2 support team for instance offeres an item and character replacement scheme. Granted it takes some effort to verify certain things in the logs but dont you have something like server logs in neocron?
I really think KK should consider such a service for their paying customers.

How can you abuse such a system? All you need are the serverlogs to verify a claim.

james_finn
10-03-08, 22:37
Well it seems you are.
The Everquest2 support team for instance offeres an item and character replacement scheme. Granted it takes some effort to verify certain things in the logs but dont you have something like server logs in neocron?

How can you abuse such a system? All you need are the serverlogs to verify a claim.

Such a system relies upon "Item Tracking" so the GMs and support staff can track where the items went. Without item tracking and with a returned item policy, it would be very easy for you to give your items to someone, delete your account, them claim it was "accidently" deleted. Then because the last server snapshot was 24 hours ago they return the character from that snapshot, and hey presto you have the item again.

With item tracking each item has an identifiable number, which is never repeated, therefore they can check the DB for the item number to see if it is still alive and was traded.

ReaKKtor said they cannot make item tracking a reality, so therefore they cannot offer the return of items!

/Delphi

William Antrim
10-03-08, 22:46
Crikey, what did i start here.

Doc Holliday
10-03-08, 23:07
Such a system relies upon "Item Tracking" so the GMs and support staff can track where the items went. Without item tracking and with a returned item policy, it would be very easy for you to give your items to someone, delete your account, them claim it was "accidently" deleted. Then because the last server snapshot was 24 hours ago they return the character from that snapshot, and hey presto you have the item again.

With item tracking each item has an identifiable number, which is never repeated, therefore they can check the DB for the item number to see if it is still alive and was traded.

ReaKKtor said they cannot make item tracking a reality, so therefore they cannot offer the return of items!

/Delphi

what he said. if it was done purely from server logs it would cause absolute maelstrom.

the new word of the day. maelstrom.

Voodoo_Magic
10-03-08, 23:29
Well it seems you are.

he said alone...
Some , SOME , Do offer item recovery...

But they are more recently and well, better made :p

Glok
10-03-08, 23:39
the new word of the day. maelstrom.Doh! My clan is named maelstrom. :D

William Antrim
11-03-08, 00:02
New word of the day: Maelstrom is used, the peasants revolt!

Motion to make new word of the day, carried. All those in favour new word being used as Glok, say aye!

Aye. Motion passed.

sleep time.

SizZLeR
11-03-08, 00:58
I get the impression Nymphette, that we're talking about getting a second acct and u have to decide whether u shall wait in order to get 20 xtra days of free play?!?

If thats the fact I must admit i think youre taking details a bit too serious. :lol:

2 weeks more or less whats the difference? in 2 yrs youll have payed for either 23.6 months or 23 depending on one option instead of the other.

Personally id go for trial and say to h*** with the fact i get 20 days less for free. :D

CMaster
11-03-08, 01:28
You get the same amount of time "Free" whatever way you go about it (total of 30 days with our game key. Either 10 days trial + 10 days after, or 30 days at once with a boxed version). However, while a game key costs something like €35 if you just let a trial account go full, you can buy a box for about £1-2 if you look around.

You also place yourself at another risk with sharing accounts that hasn;t yet been discussed:
1. you share account details with person B.
2. Person B does something naughy to get themselves banned.
3. Either one or both of person A's accounts gets banned because B apparently has access.

Zheo
11-03-08, 16:15

Just don't, k?

N

Mr Nidhogg, is it ok for my wife to share her account with me being that I'm so nice as to pay for it'n'all or should she conk me on the back of the head and drag me out to the crub?

I personally think it's a damn shame KK don't offer an item replacement, but I understand why they don't. Abuse is a bad thing *Looks at all those naughty pill-poppin' Black Dragons.

William Antrim
11-03-08, 16:40
I share with my brother, but we used to live together so I am pretty sure I know when I can or can't trust him. I always know when he is lying anyway. Does that invalidate any claims I might have for support?

This is a serious question.