PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so it's been a couple of years

Zhut
09-03-08, 02:11
Been a while since anyone asked about this...

NC2.2, LinuxMint Daryna running compiz-fusion and Emerald. Also willing to use Fedora if need be, or a different window manager/decorator/desktop environment.

NeocronLauncher (in order to run updates) generates "err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\neocron2\\NeocronLauncher.exe" failed, status c0000135"

Client.exe, with the proper settings in neocron.ini generates an instant FRE with no log messages from Wine.

Do I need Cedega? I'd rather not pay for a subscription to Transgaming if I can avoid it...

Glok
09-03-08, 02:25
Why do people jump through endless hoops and rack their poor brains trying to get NC to run in Linux instead of just making a secondary WinXPPro install?

Jodo
09-03-08, 02:39
Why do people jump through endless hoops and rack their poor brains trying to get NC to run in Linux instead of just making a secondary WinXPPro install?

Because of the reason they choose Linux over Windows in the first place??? :rolleyes:

Glok
09-03-08, 02:55
Because they are code monkeys? Because they hate M$? Because Linux is more efficient? Because Linux offers far more control over your computer's operations?

Wouldn't it be more efficient and prudent to dual boot Windows to do the few things you consider useful from the Windows world or simply stay true to your code of existence and dismiss it all out of hand including Neocron?

Asurmen Spec Op
09-03-08, 03:25
I know someone got it working on their x86 nix install, I was unable to get my x64 to work on it at all regardless of tweaking. Search the forum

Setlec
09-03-08, 08:44
which distribution are you running? try to get installed wine-doors probably you will have to compile it, oh wine-doors is already compiled for the debian based Distro. if you use a RPM based distro look in the RPM repository (http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/) if you find for your distro a package good for you if not look here www.wine-doors.org/ (http://www.wine-doors.org/wordpress/). once you got it installed download those add-ons:
Visual C++ runtime libraries 6
All fonts available
Common Controls 5
DCOM 98
Microsoft Jet 4
Microsoft Foundation Classes 4
MSXML 4
DirectX9
Internet Explorer 6
Windows Scripting Host 5
Windows Installer 2
Visual Basic Common Controls 6
Visual Basic Runtime Libraries 5
Visual Basic Runtime Libraries 6

if any of those thing fail try to install it again. Do NOT press any keys or be doing anything else while they install.

then install NC or copy it to this folder
~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/ oh you need to copy those files too msvcrt.dll and quartz.dll from your C:\Windows\System32 folder on your WIndows machine to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and open a terminal and type
wine Client.exe -sysconfig setup NC and test if it work by (still in the terminal) Client.exe -precache PlayTutorial if it work again congratz... then launch the "NC Launcher"!!!

here you go running nc under Linux.

cheers

PS: Oh about Cedega, it sucks without Transgaming support!

Glok
09-03-08, 09:49
Interesting. I still say dual booting is easier, but if you get that stuff done and it works you don't have to anymore.. sorry for being a jerk. :p

Brammers
09-03-08, 14:50
There is a guide on the Wiki - http://wiki.techhaven.org/Running_Neocron_in_Linux which may be useful.