PDA

View Full Version : Games still great but a few concerns...

Sheba
08-03-08, 15:55
I notice the game is still as complex and fun as I recalled, but the graphics (most notably the characters) have not faired quite so well.

Is there a plan to update them or is something else in the works? Also very limited customization I could have swore there was more options with NC1?

Checked news and so on but did not see anything on a major patch..so if someone could point me in the right directions would be great.

aKe`cj
08-03-08, 16:46
Is there a plan to update them or is something else in the works? Also very limited customization I could have swore there was more options with NC1?

Checked news and so on but did not see anything on a major patch..so if someone could point me in the right directions would be great.

In NC1 customization was similary limited ... the only difference I can recall is not being able to change the color for your clothing anymore.

As for the roadmap / future developement... everyone's waiting for that info since 12/2007 when KK started a "brainport/suggestions" thread.

Darkana
08-03-08, 19:43
In NC1 customization was similary limited ... the only difference I can recall is not being able to change the color for your clothing anymore.
Which is at least technically still possible (I had black clothes well into NC2 until Terra got bugged). I dunno why the option to change the coloring got removed.

aKe`cj
08-03-08, 20:07
Which is at least technically still possible (I had black clothes well into NC2 until Terra got bugged). I dunno why the option to change the coloring got removed.

It looked silly imo .. as the color was applied to the entire texture, not just some parts of it where a color overlay would have made sense. Given the new textures it would look even more amateurish.

If anything, a proper revamp would make chars more appealing and unique - e.g. PAs w/o helmets, more clothing, a decal editor, facial morphs / flexible skintone... etc.