PDA

View Full Version : Is there any safe place?

NaKoth
08-03-08, 13:09
With most of my armor burned to black and totally out of ammo, I was ready to leave Grant Outpost and head home.
The hunting trip had been a success, I was carrying more valuable items than I have had for a while.
While storing the goods to the GoGuardian I noticed a flash of light from the Genrep building up the hill, followed by another flash.
Someone was coming...
I decided to investigate and if needed, to defend our Outpost.
With my main weapon depleted from ammo I grabbed my rusty blade and ran towards the Genrep.
As I was not fully combat geared I thought to take the long way and to surprise the visitors from behind.

Some time later I arrived to the hills behind the Genrep. As I was preparing to storm to the building I suddenly heard a loud cry followed by a muffled shot.
Sniper !
Someone limped out from the building, bleeding from his leg.
As soon as he was outside, Anthony, was hit for the second time.
This time straight between the eyes. He fell to his knees and then his lifeless body crashed to the ground.

I ran inside the building to take cover and to check out for the other runner.
As I entered the building, the other runner, Incog Nito was just about to activate the Genrep and escape, when hes body suddenly went limp and he fell down, dead.
The sniper had hit him through the window.

I quickly barricaded the window by turning a nearby table on its side. I prepared to face the sniper and was hoping that the close quarter fight would give me an advance.
Few moments later I saw a blue haze swift pass me and the genrep activated. The sniper had left in the cover of stealth.

I searched the bodies of the two dead runners, to deliver any documents to my officers, thinking maybe they can make some sense in this.
Among the items was a voice recorder, still recording.
I stopped the device and pressed play...

"----------"
12:15 Arrived to Grant, waiting for Anthony to show up. Finally today, I, Incog Nito will make my name known to everyone. Finally I get a chance to do some real work instead of cleaning the toilets and making coffee all day. Today I have the chance to interview Anthony from The Company about the current affairs on business market and ....

*Genrep activates"

Hello Incog
Hello Anthony, your a little late, everything allright?

Anthony: Yes, yes, lets just get on with this. Although this is quite secluded location, I don't feel safe here, with all the things happening right now...

Incog: Alright,let us begin.

Anthony: First of all I would like to take a moment to introduce myself and The Company to your readers. The Company is small, but efficient Diamond Real Estate clan, focused on providing top-notch tradeskills. Along with constructing, researching and other trade areas, we are heavily focusing on providing runners with the best apartments Neocron has to offer. In the near future our apartment selection will also include custom interior design services.

Incog: Thank you for the introduction, I'm sure there is still few runners who has not yet had the pleasure of doing business with The Company *laughs*. Anyhow, moving on... many runners, including myself, have seen quite a few new businesses and shops starting up lately. What do you think about the increasing number of entrepreneurs and how will it affect your business?

Anthony: Indeed, there has been a real boom of new traders. Some seem to be less organized, lone runners and some whole clans devoted on various trades.
Personally I welcome all the new people to the market. It gives the customers a chance to have more options on goods as well as where, when and with who to do business with. There will be some rival businesses of course and that may show as decreased clientele, but currently The Company is doing fine and the future looks bright.

Incog: What are your thoughts about the recent mercenary and other violent attacks against businessmen in the city?

Anthony: It is troubling indeed. I haven witnessed myself an attack against defenceless tradeskiller, not a pretty sight... Also the fact that most of the attacks are carried out at their shops is a sad thing.
The Company has had its own troubles also. Twice so far have we been attacked. On both occasions the attackers have been successful on killing our businessman, but in one case with high costs.
We will be investing into increased security in the near future. As a side note, all of our customers have been safe in our office and even some runners who are otherwise in war with each others, have holstered their weapons while visiting at our office. Thank you for everyone on doing so.

Incog: You mentioned increasing the security. What exact measures are you going to take?
Anthony: I do not want to go into details, but we are considering to......
"----------"

The rest of the recording is a mess of loud screams and muffled shots....

Doc Holliday
08-03-08, 16:02
logan ford did it in the gr room with the sniper rifle :)

Riddle
09-03-08, 01:06
He carefully splayed all the components out in front of him, his concentration interupted momentarily as the door intercom buzzed to signal an arrival.

The door opened on his approval, his long trusted friend entered the Barracks.

"Well?"

"All as planned" He replied, sitting down before his workstation.

"I am beginning to worry my friend, I have never known you to take such risk, not since the DOME"

He looked up an smiled wryly, the components starting to take shape in his hands, Skills he had first obtained from an old master passing on his trade and then for survival and now for his own means.

"What now?"

"Nothing, we wait", "Patience my friend is a virtue..... little do they know"

He was right of course, this small barracks apartment was known only to the two of them, aquired through a backstreet deal, the last deal that unfortunate runner ever made.

His Persona to the neocron populace, a role he played so well, would never lead one to think he was capable of such actions.

Finally assembled, he opened the cabinet in which a battleworn PA hung and carefully placed it inside.

"Don't Forget these",

As he turned, he caught the 7.62mm box of rounds and threw them in, slamming the door shut.

"I see your reflexes are still precise" *Laughs, "Come on I'll buy you a drink!"

As the genrep glimmered, the barracks now empty..... He knew it was only a matter of time.

Apocalypsox
09-03-08, 01:34
This is getting interesting :D I really wish NC actually played out like this. And it would if there was more people around.

Doc Holliday
09-03-08, 17:52
This is getting interesting :D I really wish NC actually played out like this. And it would if there was more people around.

and less *********************s :)

Apocalypsox
09-03-08, 19:13
Thats a really long Asterik, Doc :lol:

Dont you love the carebearness? Can't even curse these days.

NaKoth
09-03-08, 21:15
These old tools and shabby lab, no wonder they didn't find anything.
Mumbled NaKoth as he returned from the Canyon Facility lab.
Better to take these to someone who really knows what they are doing.

All Stars shop was open. The light from the window, high up on the 9th floor, seemed to be always on.
Do they ever sleep?

"What's this then? Did you break your weapon again Nakoth? I told you to take better care of it." Said Backhander as I walked in.
"No, nothing like that. Do you have a researcher available, I have something I like you to take a look at, in private."

I was led to the backroom and a moment later a researcher, dressed in white lab coat, joined us.

"So whatcha got dude? Another batch of precious rares to research?"

"Yes, that too, but first I have more urgent matters."

As I explained the situation that happened at Grant, I watched their faces turn to grim.

"This is troubling. I hope the regeneration process went well for Anthony."

"Indeed, he is doing as good as can be expected. But I'm sure he will be back in business in few days."
"As I said I have something for you to take a look at. I recovered these from the site."

I handed three blood stained bullets to the researcher.

He carefully placed on the table and pulled out a shiny suitcase.
In the case was a heavily modified research tool, one that I hadn't seen ever before. The additional displays lit up as the power was turned on.

"New toy?" I asked.

"Toy? It is not. This baby will put out a enhanced 3d model of pretty much anything. And no, I will not let you take it to PepperPark !"

Each bullet at a time was processed and all possible data, its materials and shape was recorded.
The researched studied the 3d model carefully. Turning and spinning the model around and taking notes from the data display.

"Well... two of these are screwed. I suspect you took these to someone else before coming to us. Not a good thing."
"The third one though is in quite good shape. These are 7.62mm bullets, all shot from the same weapon."
"By the looks of it these are not your ordinary 7.62. These are hand made, carefully crafted for maximum damage."
"I have to say..." he paused for a moment "that these are made by very skillful hands. Come to think about it, there is not many runners who could produce such a thing."
"Since it wasn't us nor The Company's tradesmen, it only leaves a few possibilities."

Later that night at The Company offices bar.
"You mix a mean drink Anthony"

"Yea, I sure needed one. Damn, everything seems to be going downhill. Made three zero slot weapons *sigh* I think my luck is running out."

"Don't worry about it. I got some promising leads from All Stars. We are going to find out who was behind this all and then hunt them down like dogs that they are."
"Your luck is going to change, I'm sure of it. You can count on me."

Riddle
10-03-08, 15:53
He ran through Pepper park, stealth assured for safety, these streets had become more violent over the past weeks. Something was up and he wasn't sure what.

He reached the genrep, entered the code and was gone.

"....I have news", "....The Company and..." He was cut off mid sentence..

"Have merged" , Not asked as a question but stated as a fact.

"How could you Know? The news has not yet hit", He asked in amazement.

"As expected" He replied calmly.

"How so?" Pushing for some inkling into how his mind worked, for years he had tried to gain the secret of his friends insight, his clarity, his ability of reasoning.

Yet he already knew he would only reveal things gradually, as required, over the years he had seen so many of these chapters play out but had yet to see him proved wrong or outwitted.

"Just as in nature, Fish will travel unaccompanied until a predator approaches, then they will band together in a shaol, safety in numbers." , He drew a breath and glanced at his wall mounted clock,

"I simply provided the catalyst"

So that was the reason he had donned his PA and accessed the secure apartment the other night.

"But they will grow stronger now"

"Better to have them all in the same bucket wouldn't you think?"

The midnight hour approached and news was sure to hit the streets in the morning neocronicle, his business was sure to be affected, what the hell was he up to this time?

"I must run, i have a contact to meet" He reached for his Obliterator,

He was sure to be heading deep into the city limits if he was equipping that baby.

Only time would tell.... this was big, bigger than anything he had seen in their time together. Then again if he had not been pulled to safety all those years ago in the DOME, he wouldn't be here to think about it would he?

The door closed and he was left standing next to the workstation of his mentor, for an instant before the citycom powered down he thought he glimpsed........

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gameinfo/fraktionen/images/pg_tangentLogo.gif

.......nah, must be his mind playing tricks

Zheo
11-03-08, 15:52
Zheodaine switched off his comm.station -closing both the Voice Of The Resistance, and the Neocronical pages-, and leaned back in his chair his finger tips pressed together with his index fingers resting against his lips.

'Interesting, it appears some Tanget and Biotech traders are hiring guns to take pot shots at each other. This could be good for business.'

Reaching across to his phone he punched in Tiberious number, and waited a few momemts for his friend to answer.

"Tanget and Biotech are squaring off at each other, we should work on how we can use this to our best advantage."

"Indeed, I do know about The Company's contacts."

"I am aware of that."

"Tiberious, I am well aware of our current contracts."

"We still need to evaluate the current situation."

"We should make a request for information from our contacts."

"A productive day to you as well."

The phone clinked as it came down under Zheo's heavy hand. Getting up he walked slowly to his weapons cabinate, removing his favourate weapon a tri-barrelled gatling cannon. Placing it on his work bench he methodically began cleaning it with a slight smile on his lips.

Kanedax
14-03-08, 06:17
Kanedax sighed as he finished his ciggarette and looked up half heartedly at the whore dancing on the table in front of him. At this point in his life, with so little going on in the world, TT so quiet, BioTech not making much trouble, he felt useless.

Downing the rest of his bottle of liquor he handed the whore a wad of credits and walked over to the bar to pay his tab. He then stumbled out of the Pussy Club and made his way to the Genereplicator to get back to his apartment when suddenly everything went black.

After the disorienting combination of synaptic impairment and drunkeness wore off he grabbed his scarred and burned power armor, his shotgun cannon and his flamer and headed to the lift to roam the dark streets of the city.

"Lets see if I cant get me some action..."

(If this is an open rp thread im jumpin in, if not, my bad)

Apocalypsox
14-03-08, 06:24
Im curious as to whether this is just an open RP :wtf:

HOG
14-03-08, 08:43
yes but there are actually RP events occurring in game that are directly related to these posts ^^. By posting you will become part of the RP in game. If anything bad happens to you, youll know why!

Apocalypsox
14-03-08, 17:34
Ohhh....this sounds fun. You can try, but youll have to find me in the wastes first.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Apoc was not necessarily intertwined with all of the events that happened in the city. He generally liked to cruise the wastelands in one of his precious vehicles, all which had been produced by Phoenix or a certain well-known constructor and shop-owner he counted on in the city. Of course, he had then modified them to his own needs, being rockets or cannons or anything to protect himself.

Apoc crawled out from under his chainbike stand with grease and grime everywhere imaginable. He had nearly gotten to the belly of the beast to replace on a piston that had been broken when he was escaping from a Warbot. But no, he was disturbed by the annoying ping of his terminal, telling him he had new mail. He lit a cigarette and opened his mail tab.

"What the fuck!?! Hes still alive!?"
The mail was from a fairly reliable source of his, one that had informed him of past events in a place known as Neo-Tokyo. Apoc quickly ran over to the secured cabinet above his desk, quickly entering the code to access his books and written datacubes.

"Shit! I know its here somewhere!"
He rummaged through the datacubes and sighed as he pulled one out labeled 'The Rise'. He quickly ran back to his terminal and compared the information in the mail with that which he had recorded on his datacube. He watched in horror as everything matched up between the two. This was no hoax.

"Oh shit...Things are about to get really fucked up in this world we call home..."

Kanedax
14-03-08, 20:30
Kneeling down, Kanedax picks up the dogtag of the BioTech runner he's just killed. "This should get me a few hundred credits back at the HQ." He says to no one in particular.

He makes his way to the Tangent HQ to cash in the dogtag and stops at a Chez Sypher to buy a bottle of Jack Whiskey when he catches the blue blurriness of someone in stealth go hurtling past him. He raises an eyebrow and notes the direction the stealther ran in.

He begins making his way back into the safer areas of the city, dodging behind cover whenever possible as he is on the NCPD most wanted list. He gets pinned behind some boxes due to copbot fire, sighing, he knows the chase is up, hes lost his target now.

"Damn pigs!" he yells as he pulls out his ionic shotgun cannon and charges at the cops.

HOG
15-03-08, 19:10
Backhander slammed his fist on the table.

Backhander: HOW?! How have we not heard a thing?

incog: Patience my friend. There is still time.

Backhander: Time? Time to plot our demise. This mess is bigger than we anticipated. We need a backup plan. We are in too deep, there is no way out!

incog: Please sir just calm down. We need to stay cool. We have the resources, its just a matter of putting them to use.

Backhander took off his holovest and approached the table. Opening a cron 55 he fell into his seat.

Backhander: One week! We have one week max! I don't trust him! Its just been too long!

Incog: You think hes on his payroll?

Backhander: The thought had crossed my mind. Regardless, we need another. I want you to check your contacts and report to me tomorrow morning.

Incog: No need sir, I have already found him.

Incog tossed the morning paper on the table and directed Backhander to the headline.

Incog: A man with nothing to lose, an addict. He has already proved himself worthy. He did this alone.

Backhander: Alone? Thats impossible. One man is not capable of this.

Incog: The security camera outside the club picked up the footage, see for your self.

Backhander directed his PDA to the news station and began to watch the footage. Finishing his beer he stood up from the table.

Backhander: Get me the name of this runner!

Incog: Give me 24 hours, you will have it.

Backhander: Good, and what are your thoughts on our pending deal? Should we call it off?

Incog: Don't call it off. If he does come through, we can let the two subjects fight it out on location. The entire incident will look like an accident, and if one dies (a smile crept on incog's face) we are less in the hole.

Backhander put on his holovest.

Backhander: You are a wise business man.

Incog: Thank you. You will hear from me soon.

A blueflash brought Backhander out of site.

NAPPER
01-05-08, 08:42
I need more damn it ;)

ROZZER187
08-05-08, 01:49
my house it safe and its 2mins from yours.we have a dog, a a few guns,me and the mrs lol.and if all else fails we have a pub full of drunks across the road :lol:

Matanius
14-05-08, 12:38
OOC: I missed all this :( What happened? Any more to come? :p

edit: And nice site (The Company) :)