PDA

View Full Version : Re: TG, FA and the past

virgil caine
05-03-08, 03:06
I have been in the wastes these last few years and have not set foot in Neocron for months. I am appalled at the relaxation of our guard and the general lax attitude of the average runner.

I would like you to read the following from an old Neocronicle article and tell me how any of the citizens of our city, The last bastion of hope in a world that is slowly slipping into oblivion can consort with these dogs.

Nightmare Scene at Tescom

The nightmare began innocently enough with a call to arms from a runner named **** on the Neocron Alliance communication system. The Outpost at Tescom Uplink was being attacked by a large group of Fallen Angel renegades. A repair crew consisting of 3 runners that happened to be at the outpost was valiantly resisting the onslaught but not being armed for combat, were not having it easy with at least 200 Fallen Angels surging around the rotten boxes that were the defenders only cover. The defenders return fire slowly became less and less (I can only surmise that they were running low on ammunition) until a white flag was raised.

The showing of the white flag is generally accepted as a sign of surrender and it is expected that the surrendered combatants will be
afforded decent treatment and medical care. You can imagine my horror...

[Editorial warning from the Neocronical Publisher:The following contains graphical references to practices that sometimes happen on the battlefield with the Dome of York. I f you are not wanting to know of the horrors that our fighting men and women face on a daily basis : Do not read the rest of this article]

...when the entire horde descended on the small band and began to fight over their belongings. It may sound callous but I was actually happy when I realized that 2 of the heroes had died of their wounds. As I watched in horror, the undisciplined ragtag band of dogs didn't even take the time to remove items, if it was a wristwatch that took their fancy they simply hacked the limb off. The Heroes of Neocron some of Reza's fairest were simply torn apart for their goods. The screams of the wounded dieing woman is a sound that will haunt my nights for a long time to come.

Before their move to the Dome Of York, the Fallen Angels were regarded as an intelligent and articulate group of people that would have been welcomed back to Reza with wide open arms. This was not the Fallen angels of old, this was a ghoulish swarm of locusts dancing a macabre dance of death. This reporter can only surmise that the depravity of the Dome is complete, when a society has nothing but lies to eat and promises to wear like these poor wretches and they suffer the way the dome inhabitants have been forced to suffer: this type of insanity can be the only result. The path before us is clear, we must bring these war criminals to justice or simply exterminate them like the mad dogs they must be.

Now I realize that I may not be totally objective about this, one of those killed was my roomie at NC University when I was an underclassman and I felt considerable loss, but any sane person simply cannot condone this behavior. Don't you realize that the FA that reimplanted your implant last night at Tech Haven was most likely one of these vermin.
Join me in a boycott of all things FA and let us make a pact that we will exterminate these criminals on sight; for me the red flag flies from the gates of our city and I will kill their wounded if I get a chance. I will send my representatives into the database with the express mission to wipe the members of this dastardly cult from the face of the earth, there will be no reconstitution of their stinking bodies through the replication devices except that they will replicate into a place they can all recognize as hell and I will be there to exact my revenge.

Zheo
05-03-08, 14:55
Speak for yourself and no others I personally do good business with the angels.

virgil caine
05-03-08, 15:38
Speak for yourself and no others I personally do good business with the angels.

That is totally up to you my friend. I am not familiar with you enough to know your faction alignment but if you are CM as it seems from your literature then I would not expect you to take any one side against commerce. You were however, not really included in my call to arms since you are not a loyal citizen of our city.

The CM are well known to stand by their friends through thick and thin, I've personally hired many to be my friend over the years for one reason or the other and I will surely do so again in the future. I have great respect for the Mercs. and their unspoken promise to stand by their customers from thick wallet till the wallet gets thin. This is no judgement on the Mercs., just an observation.

Brammers
05-03-08, 16:28
Brammers sipped a little of his El Farid Latté coffee, reading a bunch of reports on a PDA device. Lisa Merlins, his personal assistant waited patiently for him to sign off the R&D reports, but she could tell Brammers wasn't happy with some from the expression on his face, which got worse with each sip of his coffee.

After a minute, Brammers handed the PDA back to Lisa. "Ok, that's looks good." said Brammers.

"Everything ok sir?", quizzed Lisa.

"Sure", said Brammers sipping his coffee. "Well...except the coffee, don't think I'll be asking Leroy's bar to making me a El Farid Latté coffee with Drom's milk again. It just tastes very odd."

Lisa tried to stifled a giggle. "Err one more thing sir, this came up on the chat networks. I wouldn't normally bring this to your attention, but the name did catch my attention." Lisa handed Brammers a 2nd PDA. Brammers spent a few moments reading the post.

"There have been many incidents at Tescom, but I don't remember hearing about this one. Sounds like the Neocronicle propaganda machine in full action again. When and did this happen?"

"I don't know sir, I was hoping you may know. I'll get Section 2 to look further if you like?"

"No", said Brammers picking up his coffee to take another sip, "It does sound like another lunatic who wants to take a shot at Fallen Angels again. Oh who was the poster?".

"Virgil Caine sir".

Brammers stopped sipping his coffee, and put his mug down.

"On 2nd thoughts, get Section 2 to find out where he is, what he's doing, and also check up on the validity of this Tescom incident. I want reports on my desk at the end of the day."

Hell-demon
05-03-08, 18:30
Revan looked up at his City Com. He looked at it a while longer.

"I'm hungry" he muttered to himself.

He then went in search of a sandwich....

virgil caine
05-03-08, 19:01
There is a great sub shop in an abandoned village a couple zones NE of Tech Haven. Get the "Toasted Rat Pastrami all the way"
Man I might go there for lunch myself next day or 2

BTW Brammers ever wondered what someone may have slipped into that coffee, does the day get worse with each sip as it does when you slowly go toxic from some poison? Just "food" for thought.

virgil caine
06-03-08, 15:22
Laying down a folder of photographs: " So you say that this Lisa Merlins had the gall to actually strut around asking questions about me and making threats," ....Listens to surveillance audio disk...."Who does this person think she is?"
Virgil leaves the OP and heads for his HQ, " good work Derek, I will be back to you, looks like we may have use for your special talents"

Derek begins to clean his sniper rifle once again, talking to it as if it were alive " Charlene, looks like Ms. Merlins screwed the pooch this time, she may be the next to feel your bite, wonder what ***** could give me of her schedule from her PDA? "

Brammers
06-03-08, 16:39
The door to the Fallen Angels HQ slid open, and Brammers stepped through. He walked past the Genrep, straight into the Blue Haven Bar, where Leroy was wiping down the bar.

"Ah Brammers, Sir.. the usual?", asked Leroy.

"Yes please...except I'll have it Black. That Droms milk just tasted odd yesterday.", replied Brammers

"Hmm...it does have a different taste I must admit. Ok one cup of El Farid, black coming up, I'll bring it over to you in a sec."

Brammers went to take a seat at the nerby table.

The genrep buzzed into life - Lisa Merlins materialised and stepped out. She pulled down the hood from her WoC power armour, and straighten her long red hair and sat opposite Brammers at the same table.

"Morning sir, got an initial report. Sorry it took so long. The Citycom network is down, and also we got cornered in the subway by some Renegade copbots last night."

"I heard about that. Any connection with the citycom network and those Renegade copbots?", ask Brammers. Lisa nodded to say no.

"Ok tell me what you got so far.", Lisa pulled out her PDA, tapped a few buttons and looked a bit puzzled.

"Something up?", asked Brammers.

"No just left my calendar open...anyway...well since the citycom network was down yesterday, I had to resort to old fashioned surveillance techniques of showing runners a picture of Virgil Caine and asking questions. But I got some good leads. He used to be in NNRA, which was part of a sting operation to expose a Black Dragon drugs operation. He then moved to TFC several years ago and he is one of the few remaining people remaining in that clan.". Lisa handed over the PDA to Brammers, who scanned over the finer details of Virgil Caine's profile, which showed his known locations of his apartments, a list of his friends.

"Good work. Anything on that incident at Tescom?"

"Not yet, that file is proving very hard to get hold of. Also I've got a section 2 agent working up a thread on the Neocron Uni."

"Ok, what's your threat assessment of Virgil?"

"With the lack of conclusive information, I recommend level 4, but to only to put him under 24 hour surveillance."

Brammers handed the PDA back to Lisa. "Ok, Do it."

Zheo
06-03-08, 21:12
Zheodaine entered the Angry Apes HQ carrying his huge gatling cannon, he never left home without it, unless he had a really good reason. Something about being without it just made him feel naked.

Walking pass the large circular table, the bar and the entertainers Tsunami had given him as a leaving gift. Upon reaching the far end of the room Zheodaine sat at his desk and switched on the city com. Loading the mail program Zheo scanned through the new files, until he saw one that caught his eye.

'Fallen Angels under fire from Tanget.'

"Greetings General, I am writting to inform you that after an inncident at Tescom Tanget may be planning some action against the angels as a faction. I suggest we look to one or the other for contracts. I can guess which faction you'll pick given the current situation,

Tiberious."

Closing the mail without a reply Zheodaine opened a new mail window and began typing up an informal letter to his contacts within Tech Haven.

Hell-demon
07-03-08, 13:21
"Dammit!" exclaimed Revan.

The Chez Cypher had no sandwiches, only sushi. Revan was hungry. Not only that but bored. He hadn't been this bored since that time he got trapped in a room with a potato. He needed something more exciting in his life...but what?

virgil caine
08-03-08, 03:37
Virgil Caine sat at his Citycom finishing a message:

Revan
I may be interested in some more of that "special milk" you aquired for me last week...you know the same as you delivered to my employee last week at TH. It was enjoyed by all the patrons at the****** bar and they will soon need more.

Virgil chuckles to himself hits send and signs off for the evening thinking about the horrors of addiction that he has personally experienced thinking, "this may be more than even FA pigs deserve."

Hell-demon
08-03-08, 11:45
"Okay, sword...check. Survival kit...check. Stamina boosters...check. Alright, time to deliver this shit to Tech Haven. Money better be good for this"

Revan stepped through the monolothic gates of Outzone Station and into the wastelands. The wind blew gently on his face and things were starting to look up for Revan.

He starting to make his way to Tech Haven. Perhaps he could grab a sandwich there....

Bob Arctor
08-03-08, 13:34
...Bob hated working in the sandwich bar, these Fallen Angels might be techno-wizards but by Crahn it's dull here. Until the heat dies down in the big city this is where he'll have to stay however.
Lucky for him he had managed to pick up one of the old 'sandwich artist' holovests on a whim back when they were still in production; they were discontinued due to poor sales and the business began catering almost solely for the Pepper Park Ladyboys. "It takes all sorts" Bob thought.

Still, he hardly relished his new life as Fred the spotty 17 year old on spring break from NC University. The chances of getting some tail looking like this were next to nill, not that there was much to be had in Tech Haven in any case.

Bob took a break and flipped on the citycom "Nightmare Scene at Tescom...Fallen Angels...exterminate these criminals on sight...". Bob could hardly relate these images to the Angels he had met who enjoyed nothing more than churning out endless 1's and 0's with their research tools, but then again every faction has a mercenary core these days and it never pays to be too careful. "Even if it's just propoganda, some nut-job is bound to take justice into their own hands" thought Bob as he pulled the pistol he had been given during his days at Tangent Tech out of the Go Guardian and slipped it into his holster.

Either way, things were going to be hotting up. Bob wondered if going incognito at the Pepper Park 'Probably Pussy Club' wouldn't have been a safer option after all.

Doc Holliday
08-03-08, 15:59
ooc i still dont see how the title and the content of the thread relate together but its a novel concept of story telling for sure.

virgil caine
08-03-08, 23:15
OOC

Doc you are correct, by the time I noticed that I had made a mistake in the title, was too late to edit it.

Should have read TG, FA and the past, TG will read into this thread as time goes by.

My apologies to all for the confusion...but I'm usually confused :D if any mod notices this post and wants to change it ....would be appreciated.

Virgil Caine

Back in Character

TG are pigs too.

virgil caine
19-03-08, 20:09
Virgil Caine paused and looked up from the report he was reading, “So what do you expect was the reason Brammers had the imposter running around in Plaza 1? Its obvious that he was making sure he was noticed by as many people as possible. That was a shrewd move confronting him like you did. Brought his lacky out pretty quick huh !!”

Geechee shuddered again at the thought of Lisa Merlins’ breath on his neck as she threatened him with a slow painful death by disembowelment at the hands of crazed Fallen Angel veterans from the war, those poor brite eyed kids that were sent to do an awful job and never came back really whole. Lisa seemed to have a very acute understanding of those poor souls as if she may have been one and was pulled from the brink of that same hopeless insanity by her mentor Brammers. “Yeah, Lisa Merlins got rid of him pretty quick when I confronted him and made him admit he wasn’t the real Brammers. Bet we foiled some sort of attempt at creating an alibi for some nefarious plot being hatched by the Fallen Angels. That’s why she was looking like she was so irritated about it. I wonder if she even knew what was really going on herself, we must have disturbed her plans in some way, I swear she was dressed for a date but I can’t fathom who would be involved with such a “Black Widow” type. You would think someone as powerful and experienced as she would do their own fighting instead of threatening to have someone else get you.” Geechee finished downloading the video from the incident to the mainframe and closed his PDA. “Guess I’m headed off to El Farid to use the Gene Replicator back to town.”

“Well you be careful out there and watch your step, you have placed yourself on the “hitlist” for those fools like Flib who seem to think that Brammers walks on water. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the one that shot you while you were holding that baby launcher last night at Jericho. I’m proud that I had a hand in raising a man like you, someone that would jump in the water to save a drowning mutant like that. Shame that those FA bas***ds gutted it and ate it like that. What could cause someone to be so heartless, especially to leave the entrails out in the open for the parents to find. It was fitting that you made the effort to give the remains a decent burial.”

Virgil Caine pondered for a moment more and hit the intercom button, “please get in touch with Derek for me and have him meet with me as soon as he is able to have someone take over in the surveillance post.”
Thinking, “perhaps its time that we gave the FA a little taste of the same bitter medicine.”

Brammers
20-03-08, 00:16
Lisa Merlins was not feeling happy after the confrontation with Geechee. She realised that her presence with Mr Brammers, Flib and Stunt Double had probably compromised the 24 hour surveillance operation to keep tabs on Virgil Caine.

She went upstairs to Chez Cypher in Plaza 1 to order something a drink to keep her mind off things, and the fact she had got wound up so much by Geechee’s hate for Fallen Angels. It had been a while since she had threatened someone in a very public place with her fire apoc. Lisa had her own hate for Tangent, but she knew why she hated Tangent so much. Murdering her parents for defecting to Fallen Angels years ago when she was a child was not forgivable in her eyes, especially when the order to murder came from Damian Jordan himself.

But Geechee? Why was he siding with Virgil Caine? What did Geechee know that made him hate Fallen Angels?

Lisa hadn’t noticed for a minute that Mr Brammers had been sitting next to her at the café bar. “I can’t believe I heard all that. Calling Fallen Angels murderers of Nomad traders and cannibals of new born Nomad babies when we moved into the Dome? I come across people with hate before”, he said.

Lisa looked at Mr Brammers for a second. She wasn’t expecting to hear that from him, but since the genrep cloning accident a year ago, when somehow Brammers was cloned, she had noticed what she considered to be the original Brammers had got darker and a lot more aggressive, while the Brammers copy, who everyone called “Mr Brammers” had become more sensitive and certainly a lot less aggressive to a point he wouldn’t say boo to a Drom.

“Where is Brammers, Mr Brammers? All I know is I got made acting CEO and he didn’t leave much of a note.”, asked Lisa.

“He’s off in the wastelands again. One of the section 2 exploration teams found something, and he got excited. So he went along to join the team in the North...”

“…while leaving me to handle this crap.”, fumed Lisa.

“Well you always have been good at sorting this stuff out. That’s why I employed you…well Brammers did.”.

Lisa looked at Mr Brammers sharply, and started to think. What if the Fallen Angels, had murdered Nomad traders in the early few days of living in the Dome? There was no way she would believe that was true… or was it? She then remember she was trapped in hacknet for 3 months when the Fallen Angels moved into the Dome, so if anything suspicious was going on, she wouldn’t had been around to find out. Then there was Brammers deciding to leave for the wastelands with very little notice, while some major level 4 operation was in progress. It wasn’t the Brammers that Lisa knew.

For the first time in years, Lisa was having her doubts about Fallen Angels and Brammers. She looked at Mr Brammers. If Brammers was hiding something, then maybe Mr Brammer’s more sensitive side would reveal something.

“Mr Brammers. Do you know anything that happened at Tescom years ago that may have been considered…really bad?”

For a long second, Mr Brammers didn’t reply. Then he said. “Lisa, apart from the usual wars and battles, nothing out the ordinary happened.”

Lisa wasn't feeling reassured by Mr Brammer’s answer.

virgil caine
07-04-08, 16:39
Derek paused and examined the explosive round that he had just pulled from his custom ammunition press, “ This still is a little off; the bullet is not seating as deep in the casing as it should. Perhaps its time to visit Schweinebecke and have some new dies constructed.”

The notification signal on the Message terminal chirped and a fax popped out:

*******confidential “EYES ONLY ----BURNBOX DISPOSAL-----” ********

Derek
Perhaps its time that we take the Fallen Angels situation to a higher priority and give Ms. Merlins a little taste of Neocron Justice. She knows about many things that I’m sure we could turn to our benefit and use to make TechHaven “Howl” with the “justice” that will be visited upon them. I am sending a file stolen from her PDA by our mole in the Phoenix office, you should formulate your plans to have this occur later in the week at the dinner date with her new boyfriend. She will be dressed for a social occasion and perhaps not even wearing her quickbelt and PA, if we could catch her in the open without means to defend herself we may want to just kill her and make a little “statement”. Don’t deviate from the original kidnap plan without approval but stay in close touch in case I change my mind about the disposition of Brammers lackey.
These crazed “science geeks” have lived in luxury and security for far too long considering the autocracies committed by these deviants. I’m sure you heard about the sneak attack on Geechee at Jericho, killed while trying to save a drowning launcher baby, and in such a hideous way: poison rounds from a cheap nailgun. I can only imagine the pain he must have suffered. Then to gut the baby and eat it leaving the remains for the parents to find. This type of behavior will simply not be tolerated any longer without reprisal; they can do what they will in “Dome” country but in our domain they will at least “act civilized” even if it is out of character.
I am reviewing Security Drone footage about this incident and if Flib is implicated as I suspect, I will see that dog “put down” as a “cur” should be: with the mercy that Geechee was not given.
Please send me a copy of your plan as soon as you have the logistics worked out so that I can be sure the needed personnel are in place.

Virgil Caine

*******confidential “EYES ONLY ----BURNBOX DISPOSAL-----” ********

Derek looked over at Charlene thinking: “that’s right, they will hear your voice loud and clear honey, just be patient and you will drink soon.”
Pulling out his PDA, he began to click through a list of names until the name “Light Horse Harry” came up. Clicking on the call button and leaving a message: “Harry Lee, I’m going to need your driving talents this week for a major operation that is developing. Be ready !!!”