PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Player Added Content?

Neo.x.phyte
04-03-08, 21:21
does anyone remember the player added content like the Cammo Pa and other (cant think of atm). But i would really like to see alot more of it. I think if KK offered to pick 2 a month to put into the game it would pretty interesting, and we could get better models and textures for the things we love. Anyways just thinking out loud. Wouldn't you like to see new textures and etc. maybe even if they were just paint kits you could buy to add to pre-existing items.

Setlec
04-03-08, 22:12
would be nice to get some Custom skin for the PAs!!! if KK would be gentle to let us mail them with a 3dmax or maya or any 3d modeling program file....

SizZLeR
05-03-08, 10:25
I thought of that several times, that it would really spice up the atmosphere in the game and it would also break some of the annoying consistency.

Bot-wise its like the world has only a couple of different persons for all the shops, so the general impression is that its the same guy u see everywhere.

Bots being all alike, well one can live with that i guess, but at least lets see some new skins for the runners, its so uncool when u get in a place with more than 10 ppl, at least 4-6 of them look like twins. :lol:

Besides that, we could get rid of the oufitters and replace them with clothing shops, maybe even make some faction-related clothings, simple things like shirts or whatever with faction logo on them that sells at the fsm, imagine like havin a TT related shirt with logo that says "In guns we trust" on the back. ;)

Hell-demon
05-03-08, 10:42
Yeah, we use to have a modding sub forum.

Definatly a good idea and beneficial for both parties

Asurmen Spec Op
05-03-08, 18:21
Players cant make stuff!
Thats like Hell-Demon being successful!
Never gonna happen ;)

Hell-demon
05-03-08, 18:26
Da fuck?

Asurmen Spec Op
05-03-08, 18:26
Da fuck?
I had a sudden urge to be mean to you :P

Hell-demon
05-03-08, 18:27
But it hurt my feelings ol' chum :(

Asurmen Spec Op
05-03-08, 18:38
But it hurt my feelings ol' chum :(
haha, you dont have feelings <3

Hell-demon
05-03-08, 19:37
I-am-a-robot-that's-why

Back on topic....

Have KK changed their stance of user created content?

Or don't you like us stealing your thunder?

aKe`cj
05-03-08, 21:40
Have KK changed their stance of user created content?

They have repeatedly stated, that validating, fixing and implementing user contributed content would be too time consuming (given the current staff situation, I doubt this has changed to the better).

However there's a few small projects that received permission to work on contribs:

e.g. the new ItemGFX thats in the works by our modding veteran Mighty Max ;)

SizZLeR
09-03-08, 16:21
..can we plz have a PA3 for the tank that doesnt look like withered leafs? :rolleyes:

flib
09-03-08, 17:37
Hey, some of us like the Gentank's Camo PA..

Neo.x.phyte
09-03-08, 23:13
too time consuming to replace gfx files?
if kk doesnt give us the content why can't we just create a Gfx Mod everyone can download, i mean im all up for it.

Everytime the dev's released content in SWG and we hated it we made mod's to replace gfx files and such do you think theres a way we might be able to do the same in NC somehow, maybe make it dynamic setting combinations of certain clothing/PA create certain things. I don't want to do anything illegal, but if KK doesn't care about updating repetitive content why dont we do it.

SizZLeR
10-03-08, 12:33
Hey, some of us like the Gentank's Camo PA..
Sry Flib, i shd've said "Can we please have another PA3..." ofcourse i dont mean we shd lose the existing one. ;)

With the current selection of choices we cant afford to lose anything in that regard. :D

too time consuming to replace gfx files?
Yeah im having trouble getting that equation to add up too.. :rolleyes:
When i think of games like Second Life, its mainly player added content, well SL isnt to be compared with NC, but yet regarding the skinning jobs, i made some clothes for my chr in SL and it aint that hard really.

Only thing KK shd worry about is validation, like no nudity etc. because in some countries nipples for some reason are considered unhealthy to look at unless you're an infant or at least 21 yrs old. :lol:

"Say what?!? youre 16 years old? - Here have a drivers license, go buy yourself a 200bhp murderweapon and have a blast!" ROFL

aKe`cj
10-03-08, 16:01
validating, fixing and implementing user contributed content

... read again - it's not just about replacing stuff.
Validation is the crucial point here ...not only in terms of technical compliance, but more so concerning legal issues and copyrights.

They've recentely deceided to give mod's a go in the area of itemGFX (inventory images) which I think is good. Let's see where it takes us once that mod is available.

SizZLeR
10-03-08, 21:56
Validation is the crucial point here
Which is why i mentioned 'validation' in my post that is shown just before yours. ;)

aKe`cj
11-03-08, 01:14
err - yes .. was primarily responding to neo.x's statement "too time consuming to replace gfx files?" in the post "that is shown just before yours."

;)

Neo.x.phyte
11-03-08, 23:11
So...

the dev's are not afraid to add the content they are just worried about it being stolen content. I'm no expert on copyright laws, but there must be a simple solution.

SizZLeR
12-03-08, 16:03
Neo.x.phyte

Well the copyright law for my country is rather simple most of the way, in general, whatever u create belongs to you.

Like if u take a photograph, draw a logo or something like that, and someone else uses it without your written permission, u can claim that he stops using it and/or sue him. :D

However the problem can be to prove that the idea was yours originally, so to make sure, u go and patent it. :)

aKe`cj
I did figure that out, however it was redundancy as i added it already, thats what i meant. ;)

Neo.x.phyte
13-03-08, 05:14
I wish dev's would read the boards:(

Maybe they could post ?

aKe`cj
13-03-08, 10:04
use the forum search maybe?

As been pointed out in this thread, the question is not new and a statement by KK is available. How would it help you if they came here and repeated it?

(ofc the devs read this thread - at least snowcrash I guess)