PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Heroes.

Skusty
29-02-08, 18:21
Is it me or does this game look awesome? :D

Click or die. (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31297.html)

Wikipedia Article. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Heroes)

And....it's free! :D

rob444
29-02-08, 18:28
Lame attempt to make a team fortress 2 look-alike game :P. It's free though, lovely.

Matanius
29-02-08, 18:33
Saw this a while back and I'm afraid to say I'm just as uninterested now as then :(

CMaster
29-02-08, 20:21
This is the "casual" version of Battlefield right?
Not a bad idea, but I don't see it appealing to many people on here...

Considering their targetting, there is far too much jargon in there, as well as the questionability of having a level system in a game where playtime isn't meant to effect how well you do.

Voodoo_Magic
29-02-08, 22:32
This is the "casual" version of Battlefield right?
Not a bad idea, but I don't see it appealing to many people on here...

Considering their targetting, there is far too much jargon in there, as well as the questionability of having a level system in a game where playtime isn't meant to effect how well you do.

Ive been following this game

and like neocron playtime does effect abilities on levels. (Sure a good player would get these items with spending less time, but he does in neocron, cap a PE in a week, or 2 days)

You get better weapons for higher levels,and more abilities

Its also 3rd person FPS, with longer than normal FPS combat, and abilities.

And the plans was in the works before TF2 (apparently)

landofcake
01-03-08, 00:14
Looks like it could be interesting, although i'm not entirely sure i agree with totally trivialising World War 2 into a cartoon ... :(

aKe`cj
01-03-08, 00:19
Looks like it could be interesting, although i'm not entirely sure i agree with totally trivialising World War 2 into a cartoon ... :(

...same feeling here - found it rather disturbing.

DrRisk
01-03-08, 01:59
why not? only a few people died in it >_>

Voodoo_Magic
01-03-08, 03:56
why not? only a few people died in it >_>

Its set across multiple timelines. not just WW2...

And enough people died in 500 wars that they made games on :)

Altho im the same, battfield is meant to be a realistic fun game, not cartoony

but meh, give it a try

Clive tombstone
01-03-08, 04:11
Heres something to think about. consider this, that we play war games in order to get a thrill out of it (in one psychological form or another). Does that in itself (no matter what kind of interpretation) not deemed the original historical struggle just by that action? To try "play through" something thats completely unrealistic, that they deem historically accurate (come on, reloading at speeds even a trained professional would bow in awe at, and walking over health packs that cure bullet wounds?). I can understand that games like these (call of duty, and company of heroes, etc) are taken in a much serious tone. But you are still glamorizing they're struggle, which in most cases, they would likely to object too. War is nothing to be proud about, as in its wake leaves only sadness and destruction.

When we start complaining that games like these "belittle" the struggle of our for-fathers, shouldn't we also consider other games that even have a serious ton to them as well? hell I don't even wanna go into that call of duty airborne game within this same subject.

Lets just play the game for what it is. Remember, were not playing as axis and allies (even though its pretty implied =P), were playing as two different forces in a ww2 themed environment, not the actual campaign.

And on that note, Im totally sold on, this, free? hell yes!

Jodo
01-03-08, 09:11
Heres something to think about. consider this, that we play war games in order to get a thrill out of it (in one psychological form or another). Does that in itself (no matter what kind of interpretation) not deemed the original historical struggle just by that action? To try "play through" something thats completely unrealistic, that they deem historically accurate (come on, reloading at speeds even a trained professional would bow in awe at, and walking over health packs that cure bullet wounds?). I can understand that games like these (call of duty, and company of heroes, etc) are taken in a much serious tone. But you are still glamorizing they're struggle, which in most cases, they would likely to object too. War is nothing to be proud about, as in its wake leaves only sadness and destruction.

When we start complaining that games like these "belittle" the struggle of our for-fathers, shouldn't we also consider other games that even have a serious ton to them as well? hell I don't even wanna go into that call of duty airborne game within this same subject.

Lets just play the game for what it is. Remember, were not playing as axis and allies (even though its pretty implied =P), were playing as two different forces in a ww2 themed environment, not the actual campaign.

And on that note, Im totally sold on, this, free? hell yes!

I agree with all of that. There's no moral high-ground to be taken in the world of video games. Especially online games where many players at some point choose to make someone (someone real) elses experience shitty.

Clive tombstone
01-03-08, 10:43
yep, and sides, the game looks like a heap of fun!

*Calls shotgun on the next plane ride XD*

landofcake
01-03-08, 16:13
What probably disturbed me the most was the start of the trailer using photographs from D-Day.

Jodo
01-03-08, 16:49
What probably disturbed me the most was the start of the trailer using photographs from D-Day.

It was mostly taking the piss from all the other "Glory" war games like Moh and Cod etc.

nobby
05-03-08, 18:34
Well i have to say I quite enjoyed that :p

When I saw the beginning.. I thought "eugh... not another bloody american ww2 shooter"

made me chuckle!

i'll deffo be trying this out :)

L0KI
05-03-08, 18:45
That looks brilliant :)

Doc Holliday
05-03-08, 23:08
it looked fun. your taking it a bit serious i think guys.