PDA

View Full Version : About the APU (2)...

jini
27-02-08, 08:21
Ok, I saw a previous thread that was basically just another rant thread about how bad APUs are, and how much they need aboost and all this bullshit tha flies in NC after 2.2.

Nabbl showed you how to setup decently a monk -ANY monk btw...- and for me, a character that has the ability to run that fast, no need to aim, large selection of every weapon, be it AoE or not. PURE dmg in fire, poison or energy, actually need a nerf and NOT a boost.

Indeed, monks now can only be played by the very best, and also ONLY the very best are now be able to KILL a monk played by a pro. On top of all that, the monk now is maybe the only single one player that can still shoot against clippers.

So please, spare me the bull, learn your monk, and play it.

In fact, instead of making just another tank, I will make an APU.... HARHARHARHARHAR

Apus dont need anything. Theya are BALLANCED like spies and tanks. Meaning we have a ballanced all classes game now, with a small twist over the tank, just a small.

Glok
27-02-08, 08:55
They DO need to aim, [ Edited ]

DR REED
27-02-08, 09:33
Meaning we have a ballanced all classes game now, with a small twist over the tank, just a small.

And because of this the game is nearly "overpopulated" :lol:

Do you know what you are talking about ?

Fortunately there are only few readers left here - no risk that this "gloss over" of the game could teach the wrong lesson....

Despite the fact that the APU now is not that overpowered thing as he was before the rest of the game is endless away from being balanced or - lets say- satisfying.......

L0KI
27-02-08, 09:42
The APU's DO NOT need a nerf Jini.

The DO need a boost. They don't do enough damage, and that's clear for all to see except for you apparently.

Let this situation remind you of when you, and you alone said that Burst weapons were fine and were perfectly balanced, only for KK to announce 1 week later that they were getting a boost.

You're wrong.

And what are you talking about? Of course they aim. Have you even played an APU?

William Antrim
27-02-08, 09:55
I can sense an ill wind blowing here. Perhaps this is all reversed psychology and Jini is just MJS's whipping boy sent to test the waters in the community and detect the true feelings of the population. If he says burst weapons are fine and the rest of us say "NAY!" then they fix them then maybe he has some omniscient ability, and now he says APU's are fine.... and we say "NAY!" they might get boosted too.

One can live in hope.

I would at some point love to play my apu again, never really got a chance in nc1, he was always relegated to the bottom of the list.... Maybe Jini'll fix it for me.

Now then now then, can't you just imagine him in a shellsuit with a big cigar and loads of fake gold.

Props to you and your arse about face ideas there Jini, if nothing more you make the forum hilarious on occasion.

Glok
27-02-08, 10:00
Dude I love your sig. :D

William Antrim
27-02-08, 10:03
Dude I love your sig. :D

Mine? Thank you. :lol:

nabbl
27-02-08, 11:11
1.) i think that the apu needs back his antibuff!
they can use that shitty antinanites at the moment, which are useless crap.
they need something that they are an OPTION in op fights for Antibuffing people.
but the other thing is: the PE should be able to Antibuff too. with his nanites of course, which should be redone:

- instant antibuff when u hit
- increased range
- and new restrictions for using them.

2.) and the maximum damage has to be increased...
when the reticle is fully closed the apu should do a hell lot of damage. so skilled players can do much damage and they know how to time their shots to kill their targets with max dmg.

3.) maybe a frequency increase.
the apu is kinda boring to play now. a frequency of maybe 80 should do it. of course you have to adjust the dmg then.

Doc Holliday
27-02-08, 12:17
[ Edited ]

Brammers
27-02-08, 12:19
Jini, how can you say monks need a nerf? Have you even played an APU since 2.2?

Playing an APU these days does need skill, just they are too weak to stay up long in an op-fight.

During the early 2.2 balancing, the APU was fine, just somewhere on the line it got nerfed a bit more. My biggest gripe about the APU changes was the big drop in the frequency of the weapons, which removed the fun part of playing an APU.

L0KI
27-02-08, 12:34
During the early 2.2 balancing, the APU was fine, just somewhere on the line it got nerfed a bit more. My biggest gripe about the APU changes was the big drop in the frequency of the weapons, which removed the fun part of playing an APU.

Absolutely right.

Thinking about it - APU's don't need a damage boost, just a RoF increase really. APU is a fun class to play with a nice RoF.

So let's make this thread more productive than the last one that got closed. I mean, the LAST person I would expect to post a productive thread is Jini, but if we look at it another way... He knows APU's need a boost rather than a nerf, and just wants to start a contructive debate.

SO...

Personally, I would like to see the RoF increased to 80-90p/m, which should, in my opinion - FIX the APU. Whether the DoT would be too high at this RoF is another matter -

Discuss!

nabbl
27-02-08, 12:55
Personally, I would like to see the RoF increased to 80-90p/m, which should, in my opinion - FIX the APU. Whether the DoT would be too high at this RoF is another matter -

Discuss!

yeah... i already mentioned that above in point 3 :P

there has to be fun in playing a class... and thats not the fact at the moment when you are playing an apu.

an apu is weak of course, he has to hit and run and should make the first shot on the enemy.. but at the moment he is not able to do much pressure. a shielded tank with heal and maybe heat 3 is not killable for an apu. its just not possible. u do something like 50 dmg with is healed up until u are able to cast again.

just test it!

L0KI
27-02-08, 13:23
As said a million times, the APU should be the primary damage dealer.

So, in 10 seconds of firing, the APU *SHOULD* be able to do more damage than any other class.

They are piss weak. They are far from balanced. Anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded or idiotic.

onero S
27-02-08, 13:35
Ok, I saw a previous thread that was basically just another rant thread about how bad APUs are, and how much they need aboost and all this bullshit tha flies in NC after 2.2.

Nabbl showed you how to setup decently a monk -ANY monk btw...- and for me, a character that has the ability to run that fast, no need to aim, large selection of every weapon, be it AoE or not. PURE dmg in fire, poison or energy, actually need a nerf and NOT a boost.

Indeed, monks now can only be played by the very best, and also ONLY the very best are now be able to KILL a monk played by a pro. On top of all that, the monk now is maybe the only single one player that can still shoot against clippers.

So please, spare me the bull, learn your monk, and play it.

In fact, instead of making just another tank, I will make an APU.... HARHARHARHARHAR

Apus dont need anything. Theya are BALLANCED like spies and tanks. Meaning we have a ballanced all classes game now, with a small twist over the tank, just a small.

Are you even playing the same game the rest of us are?

Only a pro can kill an apu? is that a joke?

Apus do in fact need a buff, as has been said before, 90 rof would do nicely. Don't you think its sort of a hint that things are borked when there are only like 10 people who still post regularly on the forums. Heck even I hardly log in anymore.

Nymphette79
27-02-08, 15:16
U guys are certainly making sure Habrok earns his peanuts.
GJ on keeping the forums clean Hab

naimex
27-02-08, 15:24
U guys are certainly making sure Habrok earns his peanuts.
GJ on keeping the forums clean Hab

You are looking at it the wrong way.

If he had nothing to do, there would be no reason for him to be here ... atleast this way he can feel like he has a purpose. :)

Nidhogg
27-02-08, 15:41
You are looking at it the wrong way.

If he had nothing to do, there would be no reason for him to be here ... atleast this way he can feel like he has a purpose. :)
Otherwise I'd have him sweeping the streets of VR outside the HQ. ;)

N

YA5
27-02-08, 16:06
If u enter an OP Fight with an APU un need:
1 Apoc
8 Psibooster
1 Medikit

U will enter fullbuffed with heal and firering the Apoc to someone of the enemies, after 15-20 seconds u r the main target, 5 seconds later u eat ur Medikit and ur last PsiBooster, in the second 27 ur QB is nearly empty like ur health line. 29th second: u rightclick for selecting a GR because no PPU wants to rezz for another 15 second sequence with an APU in the OP fight team.

31th second u start flaming ooc or logging a Tank/PPU/Spy

L0KI
27-02-08, 16:33
In that case:

Less Psi pool consumption, higher RoF...

I've never taken my APU OP fighting, as I like to use my PE at OP fights, but still... I can only imagine the amount of Psi boosters you'd get through.

Doc Holliday
27-02-08, 16:47
[ edited - put Jini on ignore because I don't want to see you disrupt a thread like this again ]

YA5
27-02-08, 16:57
[ edited ]
Why u feed the troll?
ou are not intrested in a discuss about the APU. That the post of you says to me. So keep yourself out of here ...

Selendor
27-02-08, 18:39
On the subject of the APU, I think that its somewhat like the Melee situation, a slight tweak could make it more viable, but nothing so big that it becomes too dominant again. Like others have said, a frequency boost or such could help.

In After Dark, we have an APU (Beldaran) that comes to Op wars all the time, he could comment best on how viable they are, but he enjoys it I think. Its true we don't often try the rez unless we can get him up and shielded before anyone else sees him.

As someone mentioned in the previous thread, the role of the APU is more like a Spy used to be, he needs to attack from the side and not draw attention to himself. For sure, giving the APU the Antibuff spells would make them obligatory in op wars but I think that goes too far (and was discussed a lot in a thread a few months ago). I had cheekily suggested a modest stealth spell would allow the APU to fight and survive longer, but I guess that wouldn't be popular :D

gamefreak
27-02-08, 18:56
a shielded tank with heal and maybe heat 3 is not killable for an apu. its just not possible. u do something like 50 dmg with is healed up until u are able to cast again.

That's not right. You do quite good DMG with closed Aim, although it feels like playing a melee, when you do that.
You can wipe out alot of demage-dealers very fast if you' re not hit.I think APU would be overpowered if he got DMG/Freq boost. The main problem is, that you die way too fast if you play against someone with good aim. And you can't do anything about it.

My suggestion is, to give APU more resist and a harder aim.

the PE should be able to Antibuff too. with his nanites of course, which should be redone:

- increased range

That would be fuckin overpowered, since a good PE would then easily be able to kill runners with PPU support (what you can already do without antibuffs).
Maybe add PE Stealth with 10 Sec and high Req in HCK or any other non PVP Skill. (call it hacked Stealth Tool or something)

William Antrim
27-02-08, 19:01

That would be calling him a spy.

I think the main argument is EITHER damage OR frequency increase but not both. The apu is meant to be fragile but the fragility has no purpose when his damage sucks vs ALL other classes. Personally I think APUs should have the damage they used to have OR something along the lines of their old frequency (not 105/min on HL ofc) but something better than current.

optiplex
27-02-08, 19:37
AND APU weapons don't work. Fire apoc doesn't burn, Holy para doesn't para. they are all just another holy lightning beam. Only apu spell that acts normally is th poison.

jini
27-02-08, 21:14
1.) i think that the apu needs back his antibuff!
they can use that shitty antinanites at the moment, which are useless crap.
they need something that they are an OPTION in op fights for Antibuffing people.
but the other thing is: the PE should be able to Antibuff too. with his nanites of course, which should be redone:

- increased range

2.) and the maximum damage has to be increased...
when the reticle is fully closed the apu should do a hell lot of damage. so skilled players can do much damage and they know how to time their shots to kill their targets with max dmg.

3.) maybe a frequency increase.
the apu is kinda boring to play now. a frequency of maybe 80 should do it. of course you have to adjust the dmg then.

If you give back the HAB to the apu, you are changing the game as a whole. Then, the Apu will present THE prime target, with priorirty #1, by the time they spot one. Not to mention that ppus will become totally unkillable... and tht 2 ppus will be able to rezz a whole OP fighting team, in the heat of the battle.

If you want faster spells, then you must do so by nerfing damage, in order to maintain DoT of the class. By doing so, you will expose the fragile Apu in far more risks than you do now. And I disagree when you say the apu is boring. It does a lot of damage, aims with ease, and runs fast, so he can cover from reticle weapons and stay alive.

P.S: I don't really mean they need a nerf, just like I dont want them to get a boost either. As I said they are fine. They are just not overpowered as they once used to be, but then so is the xbow PE. Right?

VegaH
28-02-08, 00:35
Hé Opti....even the poison doesnt stack anymore....

Make spells stackable again and just q small increase in frequency and its all good imo.

onero S
28-02-08, 06:14
That's not right. You do quite good DMG with closed Aim, although it feels like playing a melee, when you do that.
You can wipe out alot of demage-dealers very fast if you' re not hit.I think APU would be overpowered if he got DMG/Freq boost. The main problem is, that you die way too fast if you play against someone with good aim. And you can't do anything about it.
That would be fuckin overpowered, since a good PE would then easily be able to kill runners with PPU support (what you can already do without antibuffs).
Maybe add PE Stealth with 10 Sec and high Req in HCK or any other non PVP Skill. (call it hacked Stealth Tool or something)

It depends on your setup. A very agressive setup does do quite good dmg. About on par with an agressively set up spy. The issue is then you have HORRIBLE resists and not great movespeed. In order to get like 40% or so unbuffed, you end up doing less dmg than all but a lowtech PE.

Also, I don't mind apus playing like old spys, in fact. Before the chances, playing an unbuffed apu did feel like that. you did lots of dmg and died in a few seconds. It is true they were overpowered at ops (due to ppu buffs and the need for antibuff) but solo they were never overpowered at all. I just wish there were some way to bring that feeling back. I miss my glass cannon.

jini
28-02-08, 09:00
Hé Opti....even the poison doesnt stack anymore....

Make spells stackable again and just q small increase in frequency and its all good imo.
Then I want decent poison stacks for my hard earned AK as well. Stacks that stay as long as devourer stacks stay.
Glad to see at least some, acknowledge that in the end, APUs are fine...

It depends on your setup. A very agressive setup does do quite good dmg. About on par with an agressively set up spy. The issue is then you have HORRIBLE resists and not great movespeed. In order to get like 40% or so unbuffed, you end up doing less dmg than all but a lowtech PE.

Also, I don't mind apus playing like old spys, in fact. Before the chances, playing an unbuffed apu did feel like that. you did lots of dmg and died in a few seconds. It is true they were overpowered at ops (due to ppu buffs and the need for antibuff) but solo they were never overpowered at all. I just wish there were some way to bring that feeling back. I miss my glass cannon.
So, basically what you are implying here, is to return to the era of HL shooting @200 hp and 105 shots per min? Well guess what, this era's long gone. You can easily make your monks last with a decent setup, but if you want to go for powa you will have to pay the price.

jini
28-02-08, 09:03
[ edited - same goes for you Jini. I'm happy to remove one or both of you from the forums ]

nabbl
28-02-08, 10:01
If you give back the HAB to the apu, you are changing the game as a whole. Then, the Apu will present THE prime target, with priorirty #1, by the time they spot one. Not to mention that ppus will become totally unkillable... and tht 2 ppus will be able to rezz a whole OP fighting team, in the heat of the battle.

yeah.. but i said the apu has to get back his antibuff TOGETHER with that the pe will get a good antibuff too.

and its not the case, that the PE will be overpowered then. he will not be able to cast psi shields when using antibuff nanites. so hes kinda fragile.

MotorMike
28-02-08, 10:27
i would rahter see to give the pe psi 40 base back or low requ for using basic(haz/heat) resist booster than that bloody shit nanite stuff

serousily since that heal tools are in to much inbalcend was increase

but i agree apu need the anticast back

jini
28-02-08, 17:23
[ edited ]

nabbl
28-02-08, 17:30
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Crazypsifookar
28-02-08, 17:44
WOOOOT at last back on forums........

ALLL I HAVE TO SAY APUS FTW

AKA BELDARAN FTW LOL :)

Trivaldi
28-02-08, 17:45
I'll take this oppurtunity to remind everyone that forum or game account bans are not up for discussion and that if anyone has any issues with the moderation of this forum please feel free to contact Nidhogg or SnowCrash with your issue, direct discussion of moderation is not permitted but we do appreciate comments and feedback as long as they are delivered via the correct previously mentioned channels.

Triv

jini
28-02-08, 18:08
[ edited - if you want to discuss this with Triv, PM him ]

William Antrim
28-02-08, 19:05
You dont get stacks on burst weapons, never have. You wont get YOUR spy boosted ever. Please do try to come up with some proper suggestions.

The apu is NOT fine atm, it DOES need fixing, if it was fine why would you start a thread in the first place. They DO have a reticle now (but you knew that already right? ..... exactly) and they do need to aim just like everyone else.

I am assuming you have NEVER actually played an apu, much less one in the current neocron game world. I think you should do this before you actually make such blase statements and land yourself in a world of shit. Sometimes I think you start threads like this just to stir trouble in all honesty.

P.s you do not always need the last word.

jini
28-02-08, 19:32
Well, this thread is to lift the myth that apus need boosting, and this is all it is about. I don't play an APU but I have fought many potent apus, and I do know the game mechanics as well. Besides people who have played apus (one is already in your clan) are confirming that APUS are fine as they are.

If people want rof raised then dmg should be lower to preserve balance

William Antrim
28-02-08, 20:01
Well, this thread is to lift the myth that apus need boosting, and this is all it is about. I don't play an APU but I have fought many potent apus, and I do know the game mechanics as well. Besides people who have played apus (one is already in your clan) are confirming that APUS are fine as they are.

If people want rof raised then dmg should be lower to preserve balance

Case in point. Nuff said.

P.s If you mean Vegah, he quit years ago.

VegaH
28-02-08, 20:39
Jini....people told you since so many time to make a monk and talk about it after you did so....so while you don't do a monk and don't know what your talking about.....plz just shut up.

Noone beside you would say Apus are fine right now...I think with some small changes they will be allright, but they aren't right now.

And telling Apus cannot have stackable spells because your spy don't have a AK with poison stacks that stack like a devourer sounds kind of really ******************ed tbh...

So, I say again what i said before, bring back normal stacks that apus did have (fire poison) and bring little up the frequency on spells....and if you put it higher, you can reduce damage no problem but i think an apu shooting 100% target with higher frequency should do more damage than right now but when missing target would do less than now....which would mean only good apus could kill.....OR....maybe make the reticle damage effect bigger so opened reticle would do less damage than now and closed reticle would do more than now.

Cya

L0KI
28-02-08, 20:43
Jini - this is not a dig at all, just an opposing argument.

What you are saying, is that APU's are perfect as they are, because they are balanced.

My argument is, the APU should be able to massively outdamage me as a PE. They are, after all, supposed to be 'The' damage dealer.

At the moment, they are not the damage dealers. So, saying they are balanced on the basis that you can beat them one on one with your spy isn't exactly the point I am trying to make here.

An APU SHOULD out-damage your spy, and my PE.

Whilst I understand that the APU can be more effective with his spells, at the expense of speed - this should not be the case. If you know game mechanics like you say you do, then you will know that in the current state of affairs, speed is way too vital to miss out on.

As for your earlier comments about a gang picking on you, this isn't school. I'm certainly not picking on you, or provoking you. I'm a realist, and I don't take someone's word as gospel, just because they shout a bit louder than someone else. If I disagree with what you have said, I'll tell you.

terraman
28-02-08, 21:09
given the current situation with clippers, would it be worth suggesting giving the holy frostation some of its para effect back.. for example a 30-60% slow down depending on damage% on the spell and reticle lock, which only lasts for 2 to 4 seconds..

jini
28-02-08, 21:14
No, I didn't meant you or Vegah.
Ok, clarify me then what you mean exactly, because I don't really understand you. So, which one of the two is true:

a. APU should be massivelly outdamage PEs tanks spies and kill them in the blink of an eye, meaning DoT is the bigest
b. APU spells have big power output, but they die fast when a pe, tank or spy fron attacks them, meaning DoT is less or,
c. All classes, DoT be it spy, tank apu and pe are balanced, which means that DoT together with resists/health pool is balancedand equal for all classes

Vegah is contradicting himself, when he says that

Noone beside you would say Apus are fine right now...I think with some small changes they will be allright, but they aren't right now.

Well, guess what: when i am hearing these words from someone that has played a monk for ages it means that "small" changes are withing the specific accuracy level this games dev's can handle for ballancing. Since skill does play huge role on ths game, there is no way our devs can finetune the game more because they dont have a solid base to calculate DoT as well as speed/netlag and health pool and aiming.
These are the minimum parameters one has to carefully finetune in order for the game to be played.
And from hat i can understand here, you all speak of "higest damage dealer" without even hinting to DoT that I speak off

jini
28-02-08, 21:25
[ edited ]

l8m0n
28-02-08, 21:43
So wheres this apu your making?

VegaH
28-02-08, 22:07
[ Edited ]

gamefreak
28-02-08, 23:03
APU is not massively underpowered, but there's no sense in playing one.
People who have enough skill to play a good APU, could play a very very good tank.
There hase to be something done to make APU more unique in OP fights.
Antibuff would be stupid, since it s already hard enough to kill someone before you die.
Giving Apu long Stacks, that do more DMG, but over a long time would be nice, since you could then use it to neutralize Heal, or kill PPUs. But please just add that to the spells we already have and don t remove those.

Brammers
28-02-08, 23:23
[ edited ]

Like the rest of us here, we also help pay Nid's salary, but like the rest forum users here, we still follow and respect the rules of this forum.... I'm pretty sure thats in the contract that you agreed with when you handed your cash to KK. My advice to you mate...just talk about APU's.

...back on topic, to throw another idea to make APU's a little stronger. How about give them 5 more CON levels, and maybe reduce the INT down to 95. (Or DEX down to 30 which may be a little less overpowering)

Although the PPU's will need a slight nerf in self-cast shields to compensate for the extra CON levels.

William Antrim
28-02-08, 23:34
Nice idea Brammers.

I am not sure Jini means the same thing we all do in DoT either. Or if he does then he has changed his mind somewhere down the line in this thread. I am thoroughly confused by his last post and don't get what exactly he means.

I understand what Vegah said and he is right tbh. Apus just dont do enough damage before they die. Thats all there is to it really. Theyre not glass cannons at the moment, theyre just glass jars.

Everything else youre saying Jini, first you spouted off as gospel and now youre saying you have been told it by someone else..... it is like playing a game of football when the goal posts keep moving. I mean come on, if you want to have a good discussion AT THE VERY LEAST understand what the word means.

jini
28-02-08, 23:42
Like the rest of us here, we also help pay Nid's salary, but like the rest forum users here, we still follow and respect the rules of this forum.... I'm pretty sure thats in the contract that you agreed with when you handed your cash to KK. My advice to you mate...just talk about APU's.

Thanks for your advise mate, but since this is a thread generated by me, I would suggest you stick on the subject about APUs as well, and leave patronizing to those that you can.
I don't remember anywhere in the RoC that you and me signed about these forums, that for instance Vegah can call me a [ Edited - bad name ], and even though I have ALREADY reported him for more than 2 hours, no action's yet be taken. [ Edited ]

jini
28-02-08, 23:52
Nice idea Brammers.

I am not sure Jini means the same thing we all do in DoT either. Or if he does then he has changed his mind somewhere down the line in this thread. I am thoroughly confused by his last post and don't get what exactly he means.

I understand what Vegah said and he is right tbh. Apus just dont do enough damage before they die. Thats all there is to it really. Theyre not glass cannons at the moment, theyre just glass jars.

Everything else youre saying Jini, first you spouted off as gospel and now youre saying you have been told it by someone else..... it is like playing a game of football when the goal posts keep moving. I mean come on, if you want to have a good discussion AT THE VERY LEAST understand what the word means.
Right.
I do believe that what happens here is some kind of babelfish situation, in which some speak about damage and mean the little red number that pops from our heads when shot, others speak about DoT, and others (me) are placing all those parameters DoT, HP, aimskill and call it balance.
I am saying this since my other posts where I raised equal negativism about how spies are glass and other comments like these, and look where spies is nowadays.
If you are truly sincere and you recall what my words were, I was saying from day one that the game was balanced. And that I had tried playing a monk even on the test server.
So now, after some time passed by and people play spies again, they understand that I was right and that spis were balanced against tanks. Same wil happen for apus as well, because apus too are balanced.

Doc Holliday
29-02-08, 00:04
interesting readin what the thread has become.

nid i took the advice given (the ignore feature) and i am sorry for the previous outbursts you and habrok had to edit away.

For the rest of it. I think altering monks stats would be a big no no. i do how ever think that somethin has to be done. give them the chance to compete SOMEHOW. the first step would be an antibuff idea but that could lead to monkocron all over again. maybe the freq boost as well. i think it wont ever get back to the days of ALL MONKS at op fights but maybe even a retooling of the offensive capabilities is in order to provide that extra edge. hell what about a rework of the monk armours (specifically apu) to allow for some customisation of said char to make them more viable and playable.

All im doin here is trying to throw out some ideas because i miss playing my monk some times. he was alot of fun and still is. in honesty. its just they seem to die so damn easy to everything.

L0KI
29-02-08, 01:11
So, completely disregarding what Jini says, not out of rudeness, but out of total disagreement and confusion- it seems that pretty much everyone else on the forum agrees that the APU's need SOMETHING - whatever it may be. Now, I do have an APU, and although I don't and will never play it as my main - I feel they need a boost to make them more enjoyable, more useable and even HALF as good as they used to be.

They aren't balanced, just like the burst weapons Jini claimed were balanced. KK fixed those, on the request of the community, and I really hope this thread results in the re-incarnation of the great APU.

onero S
29-02-08, 07:29
Agreed with Loki.

And jini here is the issue plain and simple.

If you spec an apu agressive, they do dmg on par with tanks and have somthing like 30% in resists. Oh yea, and they are slower.

If you spec an apu defensive, you can get like 40%-45% in resists, but you do dmg on par with a lowtech PE.

This is balanced how? Sure you have no LoS, but to make up for that.

You don't have the first free shot of all other weapons (ie, you reload before you shoot) this is key on a low survivibility char.

You don't have the DoTs some classes can stack.

You have shorter range than most classes in the game.

Due to the way APU spells are balanced, only FA is viable, meaning opponents have an easy time specing to counter your dmg as you can't mod weapons with other dmg types and don't have multiple viable single target weapons avalable to you.

Ishmael/Mystic
29-02-08, 11:47
[ edited ]

Erhm, on the subject of apus, apu's do ok dmg atm, 150 or so to a tank but they tank can do way more alot quicker and take alot more hits.
Simple increase in apu spell freq would make them so much better. U can still kill them in 3-4 bursts of CS but they have a chance to down u in 5-6 Apocs.

Think it was Al that said above about glass cannons and glass jars, that is the best way of describing how apus should be and how they r now.
Just like the melee tanks, simple small buff here and there and the game would be better. [ edited ]

Crazypsifookar
29-02-08, 11:49
right tbh with me playing apu allll the time nothing else alll i reckon that apus should have back is the stack when spells are casted i would be happy with that......

but it would be nice to be able to use HL. BUT THE ONLY GOOOD SPELLS that can be used are posion beam and fa. ow and para which is good on ppus.

AND i wish there was more goood apus out there to face theres only vegah that i see now and then dnt get me wrong i like to face tanks and alll the others cuz its good fun but anyways

Regards Beldaran :D

L0KI
29-02-08, 12:00
Beladran, whilst you are very good on your APU... you may remember I fought you in plaza 2 the other day. I used a reaper, and less than a clip later, you zoned with no health. Now, i'm not saying I am better than you, or bragging about the fight.

What I am saying is, you hit me with about 5 or 6 FAs, and I was at over half health. Your rate of fire needs improving, along with the stacking re-implemented.

With me, as a PE and you as an APU hitting every shot, it should be a much closer fight than it was.

PS - I'm setting up my APU this weekend, and you will definitely see him around more! :)

I just need to get his INT capped!

solling
29-02-08, 12:07
i think that apus should get more damage or dot in stead of more hlth ,con or resists.

they where always meant to be very fragile, what they need it more damage or DOT.

L0KI
29-02-08, 12:08
i think that apus should get more damage or dot in stead of more hlth ,con or resists.

they where always meant to be very fragile, what they need it more damage or DOT.

Agreed

Crazypsifookar
29-02-08, 12:12
lol you for got to mention that there was 4 other poeple with you sooooo but you have alllways been goood on pe and you use woc weapons its not like apus have woc weapons like we SHOULD....

there should have woc weapons for apus that stack

danmalone
29-02-08, 12:32
lol you for got to mention that there was 4 other poeple with you sooooo but you have alllways been goood on pe and you use woc weapons its not like apus have woc weapons like we SHOULD....

WoC weps and DoT for APU'S = teh sex :D

Riddle
29-02-08, 12:51
I concur with the More damage and DOT solution. :cool:

Sorry Bram but i don't think APU should have surviveability they should be a soft class in defence but make up for it in Damage (which they Don't) besides introducing CON/Dex Alterations would make for PPU alterations aswell.

At OP fights People should be forced to seek out the APU as if he stands too long he will Whoop all there :)

Sod it Give them an Insane damage WOC DOT spell :rolleyes: so even if he dies you all die too , MUWHAHAHAH

Doc Holliday
29-02-08, 13:15
[ edited ]Erhm, on the subject of apus, apu's do ok dmg atm, 150 or so to a tank but they tank can do way more alot quicker and take alot more hits.
Simple increase in apu spell freq would make them so much better. U can still kill them in 3-4 bursts of CS but they have a chance to down u in 5-6 Apocs.

Think it was Al that said above about glass cannons and glass jars, that is the best way of describing how apus should be and how they r now.
Just like the melee tanks, simple small buff here and there and the game would be better. [ edited ]

[ edited - read my reminder in this thread. ]

L0KI
29-02-08, 13:26

What I was actually saying though mate, is that you ARE good with your APU - and as a PE, going one on one with an APU should be a lot more scary - but the way it is right now, I see an APU as an easy target.

I understand what Brammers is getting at with the extra Con, but as Riddle rightly says, the effects it would have on the PPU would make them even stronger defense wise.

It seems what is coming from this debate is that most people agree that APU's need their DoT increasing - Whether that be the amound of damage they do in say, a 20 second period, or by giving them back stacking DoT spells.

danmalone
29-02-08, 13:48
What I was actually saying though mate, is that you ARE good with your APU - and as a PE, going one on one with an APU should be a lot more scary - but the way it is right now, I see an APU as an easy target.

I understand what Brammers is getting at with the extra Con, but as Riddle rightly says, the effects it would have on the PPU would make them even stronger defense wise.

It seems what is coming from this debate is that most people agree that APU's need their DoT increasing - Whether that be the amound of damage they do in say, a 20 second period, or by giving them back stacking DoT spells.

I think the way brammers put it was that yes.. ppu's would gain more defence in terms of con points to spend, but would end up being balanced out again with a nerf of self cast shield effectiveness? But i agree, i loved 2.1 for the apu's... back then they really were glass cannons in the fact that i could deal hella lot of dmg but drop like a sack if u werent keeping an eye on hp bar.

I miss being able to do that :(

onero S
29-02-08, 15:01
I think the way brammers put it was that yes.. ppu's would gain more defence in terms of con points to spend, but would end up being balanced out again with a nerf of self cast shield effectiveness? But i agree, i loved 2.1 for the apu's... back then they really were glass cannons in the fact that i could deal hella lot of dmg but drop like a sack if u werent keeping an eye on hp bar.

I miss being able to do that :(

Agreed. People need to get in through their heads. In 2.1 solo apus were not overpowered by any streach. The big issue with them was how they responded to ppu support (ie became gods and had antibuff).

jinni, I would advise you, like many people in this thread, to make an apu instead of assuming you know all there is to know about them. Just because you were beaten by APUs before doesn't mean they are balacned. it just means that you were outfought. Its perfectly possible to lose fights on apus these days hitting every shot at max freq with the other guy hiting you like 50% of the time.

William Antrim
29-02-08, 16:31
The thing that nearly everyone in this thread has missed as well is that the apu has a reticle these days. Noone wants a return of nc1 etc but bear in mind that in nc1 the monkey never had a reticle. It was like playing monkey island, point and click for the win.

Of course people played monks, highest damage output/lowest needed skill AND an antibuff/shitbuff partner to go with you... its not tough to see how people naturally gravitated towards this class.

I mean even if you gave the poison spells their tick back, even if it was only 30-40 hp a tick it would be an improvement over current weapons. I don't know why FA was changed to a beam weapon, that ought to be DoT as well so that you can stack fire on people, along with poison and then you have your holy lightning to finish if you so choose. The monk could be the most versatile class in the game, even more fun than the spy if you get him right. Atm its banging your head a against a brick wall playing one. Its not fun its a chore.

Riddle
29-02-08, 16:36
Its not fun its a chore.

So much of a chore MY APU is a resser now :rolleyes:

Faid
29-02-08, 16:52
I miss playing my APU :( The class is definately not balanced compared to every other class - like countless people have stated in this thread already, I think a frequency boost would definately help, theres no reason to have nerfed their freq so hard, essentially killing the class outright. They are not fun to play anymore, they feel unbearably slow at attacking. I liken the funness of the class to the droner, they are simply not fun to play either, thats why we don't see many pvp droners. Definately up the freq a bit for a start.

L0KI
29-02-08, 17:03
So much of a chore MY APU is a resser now :rolleyes:

ROFL - So is mine!!!

[ edited ] it seems that everyone is in agreement about the current state of the APU.

Crazypsifookar
29-02-08, 17:07

i agress sorry dude :(

we should get on to kk and start trying to get this apu thing up and running cuz its wat poeple want so bring it on kk WOC weapons or stack plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :p

terraman
29-02-08, 18:58
The thing that nearly everyone in this thread has missed as well is that the apu has a reticle these days. Noone wants a return of nc1 etc but bear in mind that in nc1 the monkey never had a reticle. It was like playing monkey island, point and click for the win.

just a though, but anyone who's played an apu post 2.2 realises the reticle change was fairly pointless, it's still point and click with the difference in damage of a fully open reticle (at mid/long range) does about 10% less damage than at point blank range with fully closed ret.. :/

oh and from knowing how jini is and the way part of the first post is made, just makes me belive this thread is in responce to an apu who has been fighting in p2 recently with a ppu..

he's either complaining that he can't kill an apu that is specced for speed and clips around everywhere not needing to worry about their own shots (cause they only need to click once every 2 seconds then run wherever they like and their shot will still hit) or he's boasting that he managed to kill them once so he must be a pro.

oh and on another note, if anyone doesn't know go get a dissy and you'll be as good as jini or better.. try clicking on the enemy then looking completely the other way, all of its shots still connect, with 210 rc it deals between 300 and 400 damage on a fairly well setup tank (non ppu buffed) per burst.. it has 110 freq a min, 4 shots to a burst, means 27.5 freq a min, thats lower than apu's freq? the weapon seriously needs a tweek imo. the only disadvantage i see with it is it's crowded cause it needs a line of sight (reticle doesnt matter)

CHA0S
29-02-08, 19:27
i miss playing my apu but yeah fragile and the HL is more like a hair-removal than a health removal :lol:

i dont see why KK's 1 man (maybe 2) neocron dev member(s) ;) just adjusts something on the apu spells and see what happens and adjust accordingly even on test server (if its still running?) if not wont take a genius to run up some tweaks on live server

but i think its safe to say that the other 3 types of toons are fairly well balanced......just need to bring the apu upto par without making a ppu into a god....
Once the apu is finally tuned and the majority of ppl are happy and agree its up with the other classes we can then finally start looking at other content :D

close thread tbh i have spoken :cool: hehe j/k

DrRisk
29-02-08, 19:47
fuken saved! i agree with chaos

Glok
01-03-08, 04:42
I just messed around with my monk a bit and noticed something...

Remove the frequency cap on all weapons!

Setlec
02-03-08, 07:20
why does the monks need a aim locker???? I think that the aim lockers are useless for the monks and the melees. For the droners, Riffle, Pistol and canon user needs an aim locker.

Edit:

i play about 95% of my time as a PPU (94%of my time) or an APU (1% of my time). i know how to play with those characters but the Apu do suck! it's frequency is shitty low the DMG is good but doesn't stack (thanks god) but if KK raise the monks frequency PLEASE (do that!) lower the damage and enable the stacks. Only then the apu will be really good and we won't see a Monkocron as before.

Doc Holliday
02-03-08, 19:36
why does the monks need a aim locker???? I think that the aim lockers are useless for the monks and the melees. For the droners, Riffle, Pistol and canon user needs an aim locker.

Edit:

i play about 95% of my time as a PPU (94%of my time) or an APU (1% of my time). i know how to play with those characters but the Apu do suck! it's frequency is shitty low the DMG is good but doesn't stack (thanks god) but if KK raise the monks frequency PLEASE (do that!) lower the damage and enable the stacks. Only then the apu will be really good and we won't see a Monkocron as before.

no reticle means monk o cron all over again if they get a boost up to old levels set. we dont want that. no one does. the only way i can honestly see an apu getting any kind of benefit WITHOUT meddling with the ppu is his choice of weapons.

pure and simple. its the thing that differentiates them from being a ppu.

Please read this thread and ignore the flameing :) and lets try and work something out for the forgotten class :)

i would go with a freq boost first for spells and take it from there. give them a chance to blast people quicker and watch the mana pool loss. (its easy to have a decent size pool remember so maybe boosting the actual damage is a bit OTT) then move up in testing from that. oh yeah

fix the intel gains as well. we have been sayin it for years :)

Setlec
02-03-08, 21:07
no reticle means monk o cron all over again if they get a boost up to old levels set.

Hmmm i didn't mean no reticle = monkocron... i might expressed myself wrong, what is if KK raise the frequency then they should lower the dmg and enable the stacks, voiding the monkocron situation. the monkocron will return only with only raising the frequency....

pure and simple. its the thing that differentiates them from being a ppu.

what do you mean, i don't understand!

Please read this thread and ignore the flameing :) and lets try and work something out for the forgotten class :)
o.O well i read it before posting ofc but did you say that to me or is just for all readers? (if it's for all the readers ignore my last comment please!)

William Antrim
02-03-08, 23:21
The apu has a reticle, the ppu doesnt. Thats what he was saying.

You cant go changing two things at once to balance the class either. You should change one thing at a time to find the most accurate tests and get the best results. Its the scientific, logical way.

If you boost frequency and then lower damage as well you would end up with something similar to what you have now. Everyone is saying the APU damage output currently with a defensive set up is equivalent to a lowtech pe - this should not be right. You cannot seriously advocate lowering damage from that. What do you want them to do? tickle people?

The best thing they can do is make ONE change only and let the community decide or KK decide how much better/worse the change is and then if they like it they can make another and test that thoroughly and then move on to the next change (if needed).

onero S
03-03-08, 02:33
The apu has a reticle, the ppu doesnt. Thats what he was saying.

You cant go changing two things at once to balance the class either. You should change one thing at a time to find the most accurate tests and get the best results. Its the scientific, logical way.

If you boost frequency and then lower damage as well you would end up with something similar to what you have now. Everyone is saying the APU damage output currently with a defensive set up is equivalent to a lowtech pe - this should not be right. You cannot seriously advocate lowering damage from that. What do you want them to do? tickle people?

The best thing they can do is make ONE change only and let the community decide or KK decide how much better/worse the change is and then if they like it they can make another and test that thoroughly and then move on to the next change (if needed).

agreed 100% And make changes gradualy. Increas freq bit by bit. KK needs to start patching small patches often. Its frankly astounding they haven't implemented any tweeks yet.

Setlec
03-03-08, 06:23
i understood what you mean, in fact well "highering frequency+lowering damage + enabling stacks" should be good right?

onero S
03-03-08, 07:05
i understood what you mean, in fact well "highering frequency+lowering damage + enabling stacks" should be good right?

Perhaps, perhaps not. Its still too drastic. We need to change one thing at a time and change it slowly.

Ie: First patch: Increased apu freq by 20%

2nd Patch(1 week later) :Further increased freq by 20%

3d patch(2 weeks later) Implemented stacking effects on fire and poison psi spells and implemented a new effect for frost line spells. (New effect reduces dmg delt by 2% per stack).

4th Patch(3 weeks later) Reduced stack dmg by 10%, reduced instant dmg by 5%.

I'm not saying those are the changes that need to be made (though I do like my frost idea) but thats how kk needs to balance their game. Small tweeks, but very often.

William Antrim
03-03-08, 16:01
Perhaps, perhaps not. Its still too drastic. We need to change one thing at a time and change it slowly.

3d patch(2 weeks later) Implemented stacking effects on fire and poison psi spells and implemented a new effect for frost line spells. (New effect reduces dmg delt by 2% per stack).

I'm not saying those are the changes that need to be made (though I do like my frost idea) but thats how kk needs to balance their game. Small tweeks, but very often.

Hire this bloke KK!

danmalone
03-03-08, 16:14

6 pages of posts (alot of good ideas)... This is the best idea ive seen yet.

I second Antrims post!!! HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Crazypsifookar
03-03-08, 16:21
6 pages of posts (alot of good ideas)... This is the best idea ive seen yet.

I second Antrims post!!! HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i agree to but i still say we should have some woc spellls tbh! only fair

danmalone
03-03-08, 16:25
i agree to but i still say we should have some woc spellls tbh! only fair

Beld and his WoC spells...

I hope that at some point in the future they are implemeted. For your sake if anything :p

L0KI
03-03-08, 16:25
/SIGNED Onero's idea.

Doc Holliday
03-03-08, 16:27
dont worry setlec. i used your post in part but i wasnt reffering to what you said directly. next time i will edit the quote to the parts i am reffering to. sorry for any confusion. :)

Crazypsifookar
03-03-08, 16:28
Beld and his WoC spells...

I hope that at some point in the future they are implemeted. For your sake if anything :p

YES DAM RIGHT lol just be nice to see some new spells thats alll :p

TBH we say alll this on forums but willl kk listen to wat we have say and try and get something sorted. i reken if they got apus sorted and some other things done then more poeple mite come back but hay. there proberly to busy working on that other game. :( :confused:

Faid
04-03-08, 02:45

lol, KK hasn't released 4 patches in 2 years :p But seriously this is a good idea, I want to play my APU again.

*hop on vent Sword you slut :D

VegaH
04-03-08, 18:30
Well tbh i dont really understand what KK is doing since weve been talking about this stuff for so long and seriously....what does it take to put frequency ihgher on a spell and make that a patch?.....probably what...15 minutes?

We pay for this guys....I think they sleep hard

Crazypsifookar
04-03-08, 21:07
Well tbh i dont really understand what KK is doing since weve been talking about this stuff for so long and seriously....what does it take to put frequency ihgher on a spell and make that a patch?.....probably what...15 minutes?

We pay for this guys....I think they sleep hard

I AGREEE i think they should try and do something :mad:

onero S
05-03-08, 04:18
*hop on vent Sword you slut :D

I'm not a slut, but sure, I'll drag double on too

CHA0S
05-03-08, 17:18
mention birthdays and KK in some form or another speaks up......mention NEOCRON and ANSWERS and KK goes mute.......are they giving up?

Riddle
05-03-08, 18:42
I have blatantly asked several times for some kind of update/ Direction NC is going and Nadda.......Pops at 9% last night when i logged on says it all tbh.

Being Fair though the GM's sorted me out last night :p so at least someone is doing something if not programming :p

Bozz-Von Mel
06-03-08, 20:00
[ edited ]

William Antrim
06-03-08, 23:55
Holy editing edit Bozza? What happened there old sport.

Bozz-Von Mel
08-03-08, 18:11
What I was trying to say though was that I liked your idea. I do not think APU need to be "instant kill" like they used to be. Somewhere halfway in between where they are now and where they used to be would be nice.

I was editing my own post in jest and posting all the edited post from this thread. It was funny but you can't do that.

SizZLeR
08-03-08, 18:26
Personally i havent had an APU, but ive been had by one a couple of times before 2.2 also seen others being ganked by one, and frankly i found it somewhat unfair that once the APU was locked on target, a couple of lightnings came from the sky and an almost capped tank went staright :angel:

Maybe the APU was somewhat fragile and couldnt stand a lot of hits either, but his instant kill spell didnt leave time for anyone to react and fight back.

This means that im agreeing with what i think was the majority back then, about APU being owerpowered.

For now i dont have n e xp in APU power, but due to all the different oppinions and their reasons, why dont someone who has a powerful APU do a video with fraps where he proves what dmg the APU does or not?

When i read thru this thread, frmom time to time i see ppl stating specific values regarding DoT and so forth, but no one actually shows anyting that proves that theyre right and one thing is for sure, both parties cant be right about the very same issue unless they're agreeing withg each other. :D

Setlec
08-03-08, 21:19
@ SizZLeR: It doesn't mater how powerful the apu is. the main problem is that the apu doesn't last in battle even with the holy buffs... the apu as well don't hit enough 'coz of the low frequency. so it happens that the apu hit twice in a PvP and then die 'coz a tank or pe oa a spy are over hitting the apu... i would say yes the apu is being ganked by other classes (excluding the ppu). why that because the apu isn't fearful as he was before he did very high dmg 'coz he has over capped frequency. that was the whole point the apu never had good con but only had over capped frequency! and that is the fear of being hitted by an apu.

SizZLeR
09-03-08, 16:14
I do see your point Setlec, and im not saying that the APU is balanced or not, it would be a laugh because i dont have xp being an APU myself. ;)

Im just curious as to me with no APU xp, your statement is just as good as whoever claims the straight opposite of u, my general point is, that as long as no one have any footage or something to back up their statements, how do they expect everybody else to believe them?

I believe that what ppl are saying here, is based on their personal experinces and that to each and everyone of us, our own statement is a reflection of what we experince.

But everything is relative to the point of reference, and as each of us are an individual point of reference, we may see the same thing differently. ;)

So a piece of footage, backed up by a description of runner setups, can show where the differences are.

Because if its true what everyone claims, then it has to be due to skill, teamplay and chr setup, then it seems somewhat hard to make a useable APU when only few seem to be able to do so.

If its a tough nut to crack the code of a setup that actually makes the APU useable, ofcourse adjustments are needed.

Like running audio thru a compresser, if the volume is too low, u can raise it, but at some point the peeks will hit the point of distortion, so in order to make it right, u raise the low levels and make sure the high levels doesnt peak too high.

If some ppl are able to make the APU work so he's balanced, raising him in any regard means those same ppl will be able to config the APU to be overpowered. ;)

onero S
10-03-08, 02:30
I do see your point Setlec, and im not saying that the APU is balanced or not, it would be a laugh because i dont have xp being an APU myself. ;)

Im just curious as to me with no APU xp, your statement is just as good as whoever claims the straight opposite of u, my general point is, that as long as no one have any footage or something to back up their statements, how do they expect everybody else to believe them?

I believe that what ppl are saying here, is based on their personal experinces and that to each and everyone of us, our own statement is a reflection of what we experince.

But everything is relative to the point of reference, and as each of us are an individual point of reference, we may see the same thing differently. ;)

So a piece of footage, backed up by a description of runner setups, can show where the differences are.

Because if its true what everyone claims, then it has to be due to skill, teamplay and chr setup, then it seems somewhat hard to make a useable APU when only few seem to be able to do so.

If its a tough nut to crack the code of a setup that actually makes the APU useable, ofcourse adjustments are needed.

Like running audio thru a compresser, if the volume is too low, u can raise it, but at some point the peeks will hit the point of distortion, so in order to make it right, u raise the low levels and make sure the high levels doesnt peak too high.

If some ppl are able to make the APU work so he's balanced, raising him in any regard means those same ppl will be able to config the APU to be overpowered. ;)

If only everyone was as objective as you. Good post, and yea, we have to be careful how we aproach the rebalancing.

I personaly support the glass cannon idea of an apu, so I don't support changing con, though on a sidenote armor does less now and heavy belts got nerfed, both of which weakened APU survivibility on top of the dmg nerfs they got.

Setlec
10-03-08, 04:01
well i didn't understand what SizZLeR meant, but let me say this apu doesn't need con changed... i think it's good as it is, the infrequency is too low on the spells cast and the damage it seems ok for me... and the spell casting require stamina too... that kind of sucks for the monk in general.

Making a video doesn't helps because it depends of how the user setup his character and how good he is in PvP with his apu. I do suck in PvP i've a really good setup that many friends who helped me to setup for PvP and PvE.

Maybe if old school APU "Masters" could join game to help us to find the weak spots of the apu of NC 2.2. Ofc as i do suck in PvP i can't be helpful for a video making...

onero S
10-03-08, 05:56
well i didn't understand what SizZLeR meant, but let me say this apu doesn't need con changed... i think it's good as it is, the infrequency is too low on the spells cast and the damage it seems ok for me... and the spell casting require stamina too... that kind of sucks for the monk in general.

Making a video doesn't helps because it depends of how the user setup his character and how good he is in PvP with his apu. I do suck in PvP i've a really good setup that many friends who helped me to setup for PvP and PvE.

Maybe if old school APU "Masters" could join game to help us to find the weak spots of the apu of NC 2.2. Ofc as i do suck in PvP i can't be helpful for a video making...

I can help with that:

Weak spots of the APU in pvp:

Everything exept LoS

Total dps should be upped: increasing freq would do the trick.

SizZLeR
10-03-08, 12:07
Making a video doesn't helps because it depends of how the user setup his character and how good he is in PvP with his apu.
The personal skill and the chr setup is exactly what im referring to in my former post. ;)

However not everyone in here seem to agree with that, some ppl express what I interpret as the APU is underpowered?

If he's underpowered it means u cant make a setup thatll make him balanced, then if we take player skill into it too, if only 1/100 can make an APU "work", then its a hard class to play and it shd be changed into whatever is needed to make it "easier" to use. :)

What a video can do here is show why some ppl find the APU adequately balanced, while others dont.

If only everyone was as objective as you.
Thx for the compliment. :)

William Antrim
10-03-08, 12:34
The thing is, we dont need a video to show us this mate. Everyone who has played an apu or knows ANYTHING at all about monks generally can see that there is a problem.

I imagine if you took a straw poll you would see that 95% of the population of nc understand that there is a problem with the apu. Many may not know how to fix said problem but I think its clear to see that there is one. Making a video does nothing to support that, if people cant see it with their own eyes then no video in the world is going to illustrate that fact.

THE_TICK!!!!
10-03-08, 13:57
TICK is in the closet till something gets changed, poor ol tick

Doc Holliday
10-03-08, 14:50
TICK is in the closet till something gets changed, poor ol tick

you shoulda come out the closet a long time ago brother :)

did u add me on facebook (random question) cause i got an invite from someoen suspiciously like you in north carolina. i figure it was you anyway. i hope so :)

danmalone
10-03-08, 15:40
The thing is, we dont need a video to show us this mate. Everyone who has played an apu or knows ANYTHING at all about monks generally can see that there is a problem.

I imagine if you took a straw poll you would see that 95% of the population of nc understand that there is a problem with the apu. Many may not know how to fix said problem but I think its clear to see that there is one. Making a video does nothing to support that, if people cant see it with their own eyes then no video in the world is going to illustrate that fact.

/Agreed... Having played an apu in PvP, they are fun to play but you find yourself zoning way to fast/often and doing very lil dmg to all the ppu buttplugg3d ppl. One upon a time apu's would do a reasonable amount of dmg to ppu buffed ppl... now u might aswell just stand still and punch em to death.

PvE is another problem with apu's they have a hell of a job solo'ing places now. You need a ppu to affectively gain levels and it does make it alot harder... ok you can solo regants when you get up to a reasonable level but doing el farid and crp (not so much crp as they r direct dmg) it makes it one hell of a boring task to achieve. :(

SizZLeR
10-03-08, 16:00
William Antrim>>

I dont disagree with you, my impression from the forum is that the majority think theres a problem with APU being too less powerful.

but because i dont have any APU xp, i stay out of expressing anything about who's right and wrong. ;)

However not everyone agrees on that, regardless of the reason, i still think everyones oppinion deserves to be heard and investigated. :)

So my point is, documenting the reason for whatever one may be pro or con regarding boost of the APU, will raise possibility for better understandment between the two groups. :)

Neallys
11-03-08, 19:41
the APU is either missing freq or damage. Although I noticed that with like 225+ FA can be really good on non-buffed people.

Too I strongly encourage to reduce remaining time of a PPU shield/heal after nanites injections (which seems to be, 15 seconds). I think that like 3 to 5 seconds should be good.

the APU would do good damages after that time, he would have to fight close to his fighter, and he could be worth playing. Otherwise I don't see why those tools have created, they are just ridiculous, and to me, they are only meant to stop someone from rezzing if you are, on your own.

That could resolve his problem at Outpost fights, at least. But still, he's an easy target when on his own, so either increase his resistance anyhow, or increase frequency of the spell, or a little bit of both, but that's meant to be tested at first =]

Doc Holliday
11-03-08, 20:14
the APU is either missing freq or damage. Although I noticed that with like 225+ FA can be really good on non-buffed people.

Too I strongly encourage to reduce remaining time of a PPU shield/heal after nanites injections (which seems to be, 15 seconds). I think that like 3 to 5 seconds should be good.

the APU would do good damages after that time, he would have to fight close to his fighter, and he could be worth playing. Otherwise I don't see why those tools have created, they are just ridiculous, and to me, they are only meant to stop someone from rezzing if you are, on your own.

nerf everything else to fix one class is the most funniest idea evarrr!!!!111 to try and sort this problem.

Neallys
11-03-08, 20:44
nerf everything else to fix one class is the most funniest idea evarrr!!!!111 to try and sort this problem.

Did you even read what I wrote ?

fucking Private Eye :P

Setlec
11-03-08, 23:04
. Although I noticed that with like 225+ FA can be really good on non-buffed people.
what do you mean with "225+ FA"? i didn't understand...

onero S
12-03-08, 01:29
If he means what I think he means, than he is talking about having 225+ apu, which is about where APU dmg starts to become ok, the issue is that with a setup giving you that much apu, you are so retartedly soft a target its amazing. You're also kinda slow since you need pa.

William Antrim
12-03-08, 10:45
Plus you're about as welcome as a limp dick in a porno shoot at most fights. Either that you get blasted first.