PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Erm....

Dribble Joy
27-02-08, 02:59
Anyone else in England just feel an earthquake just now?

RogerRamjet
27-02-08, 03:02
Yup :confused:

StevenJ
27-02-08, 03:03
yes! That was strong!

Me (Lancashire), Dan(York), Mystic(Sheffield), Chris(Derby) felt it

danmalone
27-02-08, 03:04
My mum actually shit herself (on the toilet ofc) but yeh that was fucking scary and cool at same time :angel:

cgotheridge
27-02-08, 03:05
yeah! was asleep but my pc was downloadin summit so here i am *yawn*

wasnet entirely sure itd happend when id came round tho!

Brammers
27-02-08, 03:09
Me down South (In Chippenham) Didn't feel a thing. Any house shakes here are usually connected to low flying jets and RAF Lyneham.

Hoder
27-02-08, 03:09
Was that what it was? :eek:

I heard an almighty rattle coming from the kitchen / hallway and I just presumed it was the noisy sods upstairs (sometimes they like to make random noises like throwing their washing machine down the stairs for fun)

I got quite scared because it's noises like that that make me run into the bathroom / boiler room to check the plumbing. I'm paranoid about that ever since a pipe burst and nearly flooded the place out last year.

But an earthquake.. wow...

Dribble Joy
27-02-08, 03:13
At first I thought it was some bumping about upstairs, but then the floor, my chair and the windows all started rattling like mad.

Ishmael/Mystic
27-02-08, 03:14
i thought it was the drunken pricks up stairs in my halls, then i noticed whole desk and walls shaking... i was like thats not right.. then dan screamed like a girl down vent :D

Snedex
27-02-08, 03:15
Felt it in Birmingham, my housemates thought i was going mad :(

danmalone
27-02-08, 03:15
i thought it was the drunken pricks up stairs in my halls, then i noticed whole desk and walls shaking... i was like thats not right.. then dan screamed like a girl down vent :D

I can confirm i DID NOT! scream like a girl ;)

Hoder
27-02-08, 03:16
*checks insurance policy*

cgotheridge
27-02-08, 03:24
We werent going mad!!

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2008nyae.php

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ous/STORE/X2008nyae/2008nyae_ciim.gif

Logan_storm_03
27-02-08, 03:40
Me and Breakaway felt it in Notts. Quite strong for a UK quake

ashley watts
27-02-08, 03:51
Thats crap , i missed the chance to bare witness to my first quake ever, Damnnnn it >.<

Lodar
27-02-08, 04:25
Was just watching Shaun of the Dead when all hell broke loose (I heard it was 4.7 or something here) :eek:

William Antrim
27-02-08, 09:58
Lol those people in Holland are so making it up!

P.s Ash its bear witness.... not bare witness, you'd get arrested for flashing at the earthquake if you did that.

Personally I slept right through it.

nellus
27-02-08, 10:26
They said on the news it was a 5.4, the strongest for 25 years.

Me i slept right through it, but everybody else ive spoken to says they felt it.

L0KI
27-02-08, 10:47
As always, I slept though it - and slept through the 2 phone calls from my girlfriend right after it... with the phone on loud less than a metre away from my head.

Doc Holliday
27-02-08, 12:20
i got woke up by it then the other half screamin what the fucks goin on!

Me being me went oh its just a quake honey go back to sleep ;)

SHes like does this happen often.

I said naw its been 7 years since the last one. zzzzzzzzzz

CMaster
27-02-08, 16:30
http://www.iris.edu/seismon/
It's not even the biggest today - bigger ones in Greece, Indonesia and North Pacific.

Trivaldi
27-02-08, 16:40
I was drifting off to sleep and watching a couple DVDs at that time, i was only semi asleep and yet still didnt notice anything and it was relativly strong where i am, im quite a heavy sleeper :D

*senses stirring about 'that pic'*

Triv

Actually, i do remember half waking up thinking "why is my matress moving?" i just thought i was going insane.

Doc Holliday
27-02-08, 16:50
http://www.iris.edu/seismon/
It's not even the biggest today - bigger ones in Greece, Indonesia and North Pacific.

first its real hard to resist making a funny comment on this one as i would probably get a forum holiday :) and second does it matter if bigger ones have happened else where in the world specifically indonesia as the last time i checked we dont live on a fault line of 2 convergent tectonic plates....

Necpock
27-02-08, 16:53
I slept through it, you bunch of wusses :P

darknessfairy
27-02-08, 16:56
doc there is a LOT of long words there!

confusion!

i happened to sleep through it, the other half did as well as the cat from what i can tell.

didnt even know it happened until i read this thread!

-DF-

YA5
27-02-08, 16:58
There are Earthquakes in NC?

the earthquake was not feelable in Germany ...

CMaster
27-02-08, 17:10
first its real hard to resist making a funny comment on this one as i would probably get a forum holiday :) and second does it matter if bigger ones have happened else where in the world specifically indonesia as the last time i checked we dont live on a fault line of 2 convergent tectonic plates....

Was just an observation - we make such a big deal out of such pathetic earthquakes because we never get them. The people saying "I thought I was going to die" etc on the news seem a touch melodramatic though. Also thought the site was pretty nifty.

danmalone
27-02-08, 17:39
Actually, i do remember half waking up thinking "why is my matress moving?" i just thought i was going insane.

U are talking about this morning and not 'that night' i assume? :angel:

MoonDragn
27-02-08, 17:54
So I guess its not a good time for "Your mother is so fat..." jokes?

Lodar
27-02-08, 22:44
I was drifting off to sleep and watching a couple DVDs at that time, i was only semi asleep and yet still didnt notice anything and it was relativly strong where i am, im quite a heavy sleeper :D

*senses stirring about 'that pic'*

I doubt an earthquake would wake you Triv, as a matter of fact I think we may have tried that back in Notts :p

/edit: Nevermind, just found the epicentre on that map

William Antrim
28-02-08, 11:00
There is a joke about the pacific ring in here somewhere, but I am not sure if I can quite make it out.

CMaster
28-02-08, 12:51
There is a joke about the pacific ring in here somewhere, but I am not sure if I can quite make it out.

IF it helps, it's also known as the "ring of fire"

William Antrim
28-02-08, 13:13

Yeah I know, I was waiting for someone else to revel in the same humour. :)

Hoder
28-02-08, 13:37
Damn you! I can't get Johnny Cash out of my head now o_O

"It burns, burns, burns...."

Dribble Joy
28-02-08, 16:54
There was a brilliant ad where you hear all this screaming going from behind a door, then some firefighters come along and smash in. They find a bloke on the bog who just stops and kinda looks at them. Then Jonny Cash starts playing.

Extra spicy Hoola Hoops of course.