PDA

View Full Version : So... i've been thinking recently...

darknessfairy
26-02-08, 15:19
I miss Neocron.

I doubt any of you remember me, although from having a quick poke through the forums i still recognise some people who are floating about - but still hello to you all!

I started playing NC in 03, and left just when NC2 came out.

My question - what is it like now?
Is it best to start a new character and go for it, or stick with my old ones?
Which server is best. Last i knew i was on Terra. Is this still the good place to be?
I guess the old old OLD bugs are still about, but hell, no one will be able to fix them. They are part of the game now.
I've never been one for PVP, so that aspect doesn't really bother me.

I've got this urge to reactive my account, and start again - and damn well might just do that tonight - but i wanted to get some opinions (old and new) of what the game is like now.

Ta!

-DF-

Riddle
26-02-08, 15:33
Hi http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif

The name is familiar...somehwere in my head http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif
As for your question, think you answered it yourself! Some bugs like you said are part of NC forever i am afraid, however small steps have been taken in moving forward.

IT's Radically Different from NC2 launch! Did you tranfer your chars to Terra? as you said you left when NC2 came out.

If so then Terra is the place to be Pops around 10-15% though but plenty to do.

The Dome has been abandoned and ALL factions are back to their original homes like NC1 http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/biggrin.gif

All Implant/Arnour bonuses have changed in an attempt to rebalance the classes.

Points would have been released to your chars so you get to setup your original ones without Lomming but again you will have to sort a Brand new setup with all new armour and imps.

For example the famed Biotech MOVEON once sought after by every Tank and decent Inq Spy is now worthless.

May aswell use your old chars as you get a free respec, armour can be bought so no problem there and the implants well see what gaps you got and start trading/farming :)

Feel free to come along to My Shop below and i'll give you some advice on where to get what but as for setup check out the other forum has most the basic concepts in there.

OMG just thought there is a shitload more changes tbh.
Like Nanite Tools, Tanks get no PSI, Psi Resist reputably works now!, Ion Weapons, threee zones for armour not one big Resist(i.e. you have to balance head , body,leg armour) and probably more......

It will take a while to get up to speed but i'm sure that will add to the enjoyment! Loads of new shit..:angel:

darknessfairy
26-02-08, 15:42
yeh i did transfer, and stayed for about a month after i think.

when the whole month free thing came in last year i reactivated but i never got around to moving my tank out of ... OMG i've completed forgotten what its called.

the top left hand corner. big bunker for the mercs. has the coolest music.
J sector AFAIK. lots of ...OMG i've forgotten the name of those too! the big grey machines. used to be good for dropping tech parts. got coupled with a load of spider bot things.

damn. i'm going to blame the fact that i'm pregnant for my amazingly crap memory of it all!

will def reactivate tonight i think.

-DF-

Riddle
26-02-08, 16:03
Military base and Warbots :) And Good Luck see you in game

darknessfairy
26-02-08, 16:22
oh my gosh that was so weird. its all coming back to me now.

chaos caves, doy tunnels, spending endless hours killing rats, and slowly progressing up to do the mutants and then onto cyclops launchers.

standing in the hut outside of MB, (the one north) and having a party killing cyclops constantly. then a warbot coming over and everyone PANICING.

the party would then completely be wiped out. but you'd go back and still keep killing cyclops launchers. over and over.

that blasted run from the bottom of the map to the top, doing all the epic quest chains.

those were the days. i think i was protopharm as well.

i also remember there was this doy event, in the sewers under P1. with all those ceres mobs.

i remember i got married - proper little event it was, all sorted out. decorations were put up. chairs were created out of nothing. DJ and his mercs were hired as security.

that was amazing.
can't wait.

CMaster
26-02-08, 16:31
http://www.techhaven.org/

Will be of great help to you, I'm sure.

Doc Holliday
26-02-08, 16:41
is it just you or both of you comin back then df?

Welcome back. congrats on the little one too. i guess others missed that reference.

darknessfairy
26-02-08, 16:45
well i'm hoping to convince him. i think he will do, even if its just to run around and have a look.

we play the "other" game at the moment, and i'm like totally bored of it! think he is too, so i'm hoping to re-convert him!

and thanks for the congrats!

take it your back doc, you got your partner in crime with you, or has he not been lured back in?! still got so much i need to revisit!

Doc Holliday
26-02-08, 17:25
well i'm hoping to convince him. i think he will do, even if its just to run around and have a look.

we play the "other" game at the moment, and i'm like totally bored of it! think he is too, so i'm hoping to re-convert him!

and thanks for the congrats!

take it your back doc, you got your partner in crime with you, or has he not been lured back in?! still got so much i need to revisit!

hes around too. dont get alot of time like i used to to play but yes we are both doin the rounds. its gonna take you a good month to get reacquainted with it all but if im about and i see you i will see if i can give you a dig out for sure. tell the other half i said hello too :)

William Antrim
26-02-08, 17:30
*shrugs*

Yeah he is around but names have been changed to protect the innocent. Are you still with the artist formerly known as Spongebob because I heard you guys had split up or something.

Welcome back anyway, if you do decide to come back I mean. :angel:

Naimex is still here too, iirc you used to get on with him ok. Not sure who else is here who you might remember though. Its been a fair old time.

darknessfairy
26-02-08, 17:37
yeah same old with me,
not a lot has changed in the last few years to be honest.

moved twice, changed jobs as well, got a lot more money now, but a lot less time!

yeah <3 naim. still a mentalist is he? in a nice way of course
nice to see you two about.
just got more memories flooding back!

xx

landofcake
26-02-08, 17:45
I miss Neocron.

I doubt any of you remember me, although from having a quick poke through the forums i still recognise some people who are floating about - but still hello to you all!

I started playing NC in 03, and left just when NC2 came out.

My question - what is it like now?
Is it best to start a new character and go for it, or stick with my old ones?
Which server is best. Last i knew i was on Terra. Is this still the good place to be?
I guess the old old OLD bugs are still about, but hell, no one will be able to fix them. They are part of the game now.
I've never been one for PVP, so that aspect doesn't really bother me.

I've got this urge to reactive my account, and start again - and damn well might just do that tonight - but i wanted to get some opinions (old and new) of what the game is like now.

Ta!

-DF-

Woah, now there a blast from the past ... :D

William Antrim
26-02-08, 18:09
I hope you've taken to wearing pants these days.... :angel:

L0KI
26-02-08, 18:16
I remember you from the good old days back in Uranus (No pun intended).

It's not the game it once was, and if you are wanting to avoid PVP, an LE chip is almost a must now.

Still, it's always good to see an old name return ;)

darknessfairy
26-02-08, 18:26
wow, its amazing to see some really really really old people.

i thought you were all just like
gone.

to be honest i didnt think i'd be contemplating coming back. gunna have to either tone up my absolutely awful pvp skillz or sacrifice for a LE. :lol:

but before that i have to download the blooming thing. anyone got a decent link with all i need? ;-)

/set to download
/afk

19 hours and a sleepy time later i might be close to patching!

and yes... i do wear pants :P that was so taken out of context when i said it. i was never like that... much :angel:

William Antrim
26-02-08, 19:41
Memories eh.... like

"DONT TALK ON ZONELINES!!!!!!" with 10 people in the apc to go levelling.... or op fight, yes lets get all 20 of us to the same op without the use of voice comms or someone having a heart attack...

those were good memories.

Apocalypsox
27-02-08, 04:45
Good to see your still poking around Fairy :D

Now get back ingame.

darknessfairy
27-02-08, 10:56
ok i downloaded the client and went to install this morning.

nothing.

think my laptop didnt like the fact that it wasnt on charge and didnt have the mouse in, and the fact that it was like 7am. and i shouldnt have been attempting it before work anyway :P

will endeavour to install and patch tonight!

naimex
27-02-08, 14:57
ok i downloaded the client and went to install this morning.

nothing.

think my laptop didnt like the fact that it wasnt on charge and didnt have the mouse in, and the fact that it was like 7am. and i shouldnt have been attempting it before work anyway :P

will endeavour to install and patch tonight!

honey munchkin :D :D

I don't have internet until thursday next week... and even then I'll only have it if my ISP doesn't decide to fuck it all up again.

landofcake
27-02-08, 16:13
Good luck ;)

MoonDragn
27-02-08, 17:00
oh my gosh that was so weird. its all coming back to me now.

chaos caves, doy tunnels, spending endless hours killing rats, and slowly progressing up to do the mutants and then onto cyclops launchers.

heh I'm taking a shortcut with my tank, I started out with the mr jones missions and then went directly to aggressor captains. Now I'm ready for the bunker if I can make it across the wastelands.

Apocalypsox
27-02-08, 17:03
heh I'm taking a shortcut with my tank, I started out with the mr jones missions and then went directly to aggressor captains. Now I'm ready for the bunker if I can make it across the wastelands.

ask someone like me to give you a ride in a glider for 30k :D I can cover NC -> MB in about 5 minutes or less in a glider, and thats being careful.

MoonDragn
27-02-08, 17:29
yeah I know. Or I can just run. I have made the trip on foot before.

William Antrim
27-02-08, 17:29
Do it for free you tight git! Its not like you need money! :lol:

darknessfairy
27-02-08, 17:33
i swear i got over 2 mill left on my chars.
anyone know if that got/gets removed??!!

nellus
27-02-08, 17:41
From your first post its not quite clear as to whether you moved all your chars across from NC to NC2.

If you did and then left after playing NC2 all your chars and items/money should still be there.
If you didn't move your chars across then you will need to do this and all you will have are the items that were in your quick belt when they took a picture of the chars just before the changeover and a set amount of cash which is worked out from your rank at that time.

One thing to remember though is the chars on Saturn encountered some problems with this, i had spies turn into monks, 2 chars came across with nothing in the quickbelts.

darknessfairy
27-02-08, 17:53
yeah i did transfer the accounts across.
i remember agonising at what i should take.

10 slots clearly wasnt enough.

so wohoooo :D

Richard Slade
27-02-08, 21:16
Welcome back. ^^

Apocalypsox
28-02-08, 00:04
Do it for free you tight git! Its not like you need money! :lol:

I have about 15k to my name at all times :(

darknessfairy
28-02-08, 11:00
so we've both installed, i've managed to reactivate one account, and waiting for account@neocron.com to release my second from the evil grips of paybycash.
hubby has both accounts up and running, so thats good

however his points werent released. on either account, and he cant remeber reskilling. cos i thought when 2.2 came, they got released, and we havent logged on since then. so :S

however im totally and utterly amaazed that i still know how to run through everything.

loved it!
its wicked!

-DF-

Doc Holliday
28-02-08, 16:35
so we've both installed, i've managed to reactivate one account, and waiting for account@neocron.com to release my second from the evil grips of paybycash.
hubby has both accounts up and running, so thats good

however his points werent released. on either account, and he cant remeber reskilling. cos i thought when 2.2 came, they got released, and we havent logged on since then. so :S

however im totally and utterly amaazed that i still know how to run through everything.

loved it!
its wicked!

-DF-

i think we have a definite case of closet nc player or he was blind drunk and logged on. which is a serious case of withdrawal. so. it needs a massive dose of nc to cure the issue. neocron overload :)