PDA

View Full Version : grr

jonnyboy21
25-02-08, 01:28
Had the worst evening possible in NeoCron. i dont know if any of you saw. I got killed about 10 times in p2 and p3 when all i wsa doing was trying to go to my appy. i lost 75% of my armor, some imps and some tools, and i was just soo pissed off. I realise what kind of people are on this game (albeit in the vast minority). Not naming names but there was 1 guy who just kept looting me when i couldnt do anything. He got a guy to team me in pretence of getting my belt then he took my stuff and ran. Sigh.

aKe`cj
25-02-08, 01:50
There's those that get ganked for no good reason and return for more... not once, not twice, but about TEN TIMES. Sometimes they dont even bother to stash away their precious equipment in a gogo or some other safe place before they jump back in the lions pit. Thankfully, this breed has an affection to share the drama with the rest so we can listen and smile :)

If you dislike being bullied, take the "hit me" sticker of yer forehead. :p

// not that I'd approve of random ganking - not at all in fact... but learn the lesson and act a little more thoughtful next time - we all know there's a fairly large portion of antisocial ******************s ingame, no need to feed them :angel:

edit: oh... is this *** thingy a new feature? ..fancy :p

Bob Arctor
25-02-08, 02:31
Why didn't you just GR to your appartment? 'Once bitten, twice shy' and all that, ten times? That's just kamikaze :p

Unfortunately though yes, there are a lot of people on Neocron who enjoy nothing more than spoiling someone elses day (Regants PKers, I'm looking at you). I can only suggest being a bit more creative with getting to your appartment next time; Stealth tool (You are a spy after all), Generep (it's only 1000 credits), alternative routes or some bodyguards (I hear the Angry Apes offer such mercenary services).

pSyReus
25-02-08, 03:45
Sounds harsh to be honest but I mean you are playing a post apocalyptic game, in terms of the games concept - there will be people out for your materials.. Jus think yeah? if 75% of the planet got wiped out by some strange disaster you dont think half of the other 25% will be tribe'n? like what happened in the BC times!?

Clive tombstone
25-02-08, 04:29
True, as long as I've played (and I have played a lot), the only things you can do really are (A:) level up at the tutorial zone (till your bored to tears), then (B:) go to your city and never take out your LE (until, once again, your bored to tears) or, (C:) take out your LE, get ready for some grieving, join a clan (sometimes a clans tittle can actually drive opponents away believe it or not), and hunt areas where other (non aggressive) players are. In neocron, its always a safe idea to figure out your strengths and use them in conjunction with others in order to survive a long time.

As for me? I do all my leveling in the wastes. Why? Cuz' they're empty as earth after the apocalypse (oh wait, that did happen =P).

Also, since you are a spy. Stick with LE"ing for a while, get a drone setup, and PvE for a long as time. Then switch over to some rifle stuff, and own up. its that easy (or so they say).

Apocalypsox
25-02-08, 04:51
As for me? I do all my leveling in the wastes. Why? Cuz' they're empty as earth after the apocalypse (oh wait, that did happen =P).

More like cause they are empty short of Apocalypsox =p And he only bites if bitten.

But anyways, listen to clive. Not really anything you can do about it...but the saying goes kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice, shame on me.

Genrep is useful, Leveling can be done in the wastes, and if you really have too, most people arent that great at tracking stealthers. Buy an obliterator.

Clive tombstone
25-02-08, 05:08
yep, and yeah, drone lving in the wastes is pretty sweet too from what I hear, just make sure your a zone or two away from the genrep/gogo (warbots and firemobs are good targets, especially if you can get a glider and park on top of a mountain)

Oh yeah, and I usually ran away from most my fights while in the wastes (I was a vehicle PE most of the time, so a trike isnt that great for PvP in most cases (keeping a lock on a speedy tank or APU is a ***************, or even worse, a Sniper tryin to shoot your dick off from a mile away)

oh yeah, and finally, try diplomacy, sometimes talking can get you out of unnessary scraps, but probably not already when the bullets start flying. in that case, Run or fight.

CMaster
25-02-08, 12:19
Yeah well, that was pretty stupid of you to keep going back.
Especially as you could have as CJ says, stashed your stuff or as Bob says, used the GR or indeed there's another option - most of the PKers hang around at P1/P2 zoneline. So travel to P2 via the P2/P3 zoneline and they'll never even see you.

L0KI
25-02-08, 12:25
Cmaster; He did say that he was killed in P2 AND P3. I'd assume he at least tried to get there through Plaza 3.
As for Jonny, it was either terrible luck or massive idiocy on your part!

naimex
25-02-08, 14:07
I would have to agree with the last couple of comments.

Problem: Don't want to get killed by a player
Solution: Don't take out your Law Enforcer

Problem: You got killed
Solution: Decide whether or not it's even wort attempting to go back for the item

Problem: You lost something valuable
Solution: Get someone you TRUST to get it for you, like a PPU you know VERY WELL.

And you have both the GR option and the GoGu option as has already been mentioned, so you could have just gone naked to your apartment, or GRd there from the start.

Or even just GRed there when you were killed the first time.

But since you didn't do any of those, i would have to assume that you have more than 1 apartment, and the one you wanted to go to, wasn't your GR-apartment.

In which case, I wonder why you didn't just dump the stuff in some cabs in the one that is your gr apartment, and then move it later, or just dont move it at all.

Getting killed the first time, is just bad luck, the second time is just stupid, the third time, you are asking for it.

BUT 10 TIMES!!!

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that maybe you should just do something else until it's safe.

-------------------

Oh and very good idea not to mention names, since it's against forum rules, and this really is sort of a keep it ingame topic.

-------------------

Riddle
25-02-08, 14:49
What can i say? Other than what most have said - Don't Team people you don't know and keep an eye on who is in team once you join one.

Such an old blag, "Team me, i'll grab your belt" For himslef probably :lol:

Along with "Team for more XP" when your levelling in dungeons, ganked and belt taken. Used to happen loads at el-farid back in NC1 ;)

Followed by spam on help or some such channel, followed by "lol, noobzorz!"

Learn from your mistakes which after your second return trip should have been obvious, It's a harse world in Neocron, love it or hate it :D don't whine about it.

Got some spare cash? Hire the Apes or Skulls to exact your vengence :)

Doc Holliday
25-02-08, 16:30
it sucks but you coulda somethin about it. its not like your cat took control of the keyboard and made you go off 10 times and get mcganked.

jonnyboy21
25-02-08, 16:53
yeah i know, i kept gring back to try and get my belt. I did go to p2 (trying to anyway) via p3 and got killed there. I wouldnt go to the p1-p2 zone line, i know thts where the pking happens. And my clan mates got killed a few times at regants and just outside the legacy. How do i contact the apes or skulls? I actually really want to get my revenge. But apparently hes one of the best in the game for PKing and being an annoying t*at.

jonnyboy21
25-02-08, 16:56
And also what do they charge to have someone go with you when ever you need it. Also as to genrepping, my other apartment is on the gr, so i have to walk to one of the apartments when i need to dont i.

landofcake
25-02-08, 17:01
As everyone has already said, these are lessons you will soon learn !!!

jonnyboy21
25-02-08, 17:05
Well if you have multiple apartments what do you do as you can only have one on gr? And again, how do i contact the angry apes/skulls. I want revenge :)

Doc Holliday
25-02-08, 17:30
one. who killed you?

2. what did u have that was so important that you dropped?

3. ask for help on here for the apes. zheo will be all over you like a rash.

William Antrim
25-02-08, 18:14
Yeah let the apes get pwned instead of you, its tonnes more funny.

her.
25-02-08, 18:21
poor guy....guess ure a lil new to the game eh? or at least to the pvp part :(

terraman
25-02-08, 18:40
Well if you have multiple apartments what do you do as you can only have one on gr? And again, how do i contact the angry apes/skulls. I want revenge :)
there's a certain trick i'd like to call Plaza: Center it's a genrep in plaza 2 which is guarded by a copbot, so most of the time there won't be a pker waiting by it, it's in a place where you should be able to get to any apartment without running into someone as long as you don't take several minutes wandering around pointlessly

jonnyboy21
25-02-08, 19:24
one. who killed you?
"escape"
2. what did u have that was so important that you dropped?
wasnt that important, just all my armor.
3. ask for help on here for the apes. zheo will be all over you like a rash.
will try

and i dont have plaza center gr lol

Jodo
26-02-08, 05:03
and i dont have plaza center gr lol

Tag every single GR possible while still LE'd (you never know when you'll need one of them), but you could also try getting it at an off peak time. It's also worth non LE'd runners paying a few creds extra to have their apts in a safe zone.