PDA

View Full Version : Which one is better?

MoonDragn
19-02-08, 18:30
I have made two Soldiers, one is a Private Eye and the other is a Tank. The question I have is, which one is better? Which is more useful down the line? I noticed that the PE doesn't cap has high as the Tank on some stats but it is better balanced overall, the tank however probably could wear better armor and use better weapons.

They both start out about the same. I was able to give the PE the recycle skill early on which helped in making ammo. The Tank had to buy his ammo which cut into the costs but having higher strength meant he could carry more loot out to sell.

I was able to kill multiple Aggressor captains at level 3-4 with them, so at least they are better than spies at that level.

Which one is better?

L0KI
19-02-08, 19:02
By Soldier - I'm guessing you mean Heavy Combat..

If that is the case, the tank is far, FAR better with Heavy Combat. The PE will struggle to use the decent weapons at high level.

However, a H-C PE is fun ;)

flib
19-02-08, 19:06
As far as PVP goes, the Tank is much better. For PVE though, a Heavy PE can be pretty fun.

Riddle
20-02-08, 15:53
As a general rule regardless of profession the basic weapon choice is defined by the char selected.
Tank = Heavy combat or Melee
Spy = Drone ,pistol or rifle.
Monk = Agressive Psi(APU) or Passive Psi(PPU), (Attack or support)
PE = All purpose jack of all trades master of none ;) but usually Pistol/Rifle

Then people mix it up, be different, but at a cost.

Take for example the fun Heavy combat PE as you suggested used to be great pre patch, you could hold your own in a fight and even drive and gun a rhino for Tech farming.... But alas this is no longer the case and most PE's favour the pistol, nice resists and buffs ,make for a good close up setup.

....or the Pistol Tank! His dex is not built for using high end pistols but can still be used viable if you know what your doing.

I used to have a Melee PE that had so many drugs it wasn't funny but boy did he used to whoop 'em , even Melee tanks lol. but thats gone too :(

The weapon best suited is the main skill stat cap i.e. Tank = 100 Strength and Heavy weapons are based on STR so he can use all.
Like Spies whos dex caps at 100 and pistols is based on DEX

flib
20-02-08, 19:25
Here's my judge tank that I just through together.
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3166/judgetanksl8.jpg

I know, judge is pretty useless right now, but I just think it would be cool.

MoonDragn
20-02-08, 21:04
What about a PE that puts everything into resist?

If PE uses pistol, he can put all his points in str and con into resist. That would make him almost immune to everything. With 80 dex, he can use a rocket pistol and do AOE dmg, which won't hurt him much but will garantee it won't miss against his opponent.

He would also have enough int to heal himself with nanites or enough psi to use other protective psi shields etc.