PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is there lag thisafternoon?

Necpock
18-02-08, 18:57
Im getting major lag and packet loss, Im from the UK. Not downloading anything, just got NC up and vent...

Was fine until 5 minutes ago

landofcake
18-02-08, 19:22
My connection to NC from the UK is fine at the moment

Necpock
19-02-08, 21:41
Im getting some major packet loss, I've done virus check, spyware check, and nothing has been changed.. Also rang up ISP and all seems "fine" any suggestions?

Necpock
19-02-08, 22:12
Infact its not packet loss, I just assume.. I'm getting long synchs, sometimes random synchs, long time to pull or fire my weapons, Sound familiar?

Doc Holliday
19-02-08, 22:31
i had same yesterday. havent tried today. im using virgin adsl if it helps

William Antrim
19-02-08, 23:34
I had issues yesterday, when I am the last person to ever get them. I rarely EVER synch out or have any fatal errors and I had both after 2 hours of play yesterday.

jini
20-02-08, 08:59
I have detected an issue on level3 nodes. Something is congested there, or the whole neocron service is now located on a cheaper location/rate...

Necpock
20-02-08, 10:28
Reinstall of Neocron didn't solve it, neither did a reinstall of windows.... ISP is fine

jini
20-02-08, 10:42
No, but reinstalling of windows, will help in FPS

danmalone
20-02-08, 11:50
i had same yesterday. havent tried today. im using virgin adsl if it helps

That says it all :p I got the same and if it wasnt tied in with alll the phone/tv package i would definately change :(

William Antrim
20-02-08, 13:01
That says it all :p I got the same and if it wasnt tied in with alll the phone/tv package i would definately change :(

That would be virgin cable you've got then no? ADSL is the phone line one. The cable is a much better service on the whole. I have had it for all the time i ever had internet pretty much and only once had a problem with it but that was solved in one phone call.

CMaster
20-02-08, 13:08
That would be virgin cable you've got then no? ADSL is the phone line one. The cable is a much better service on the whole. I have had it for all the time i ever had internet pretty much and only once had a problem with it but that was solved in one phone call.

Nah, Virgin media do an ADSL service as well as a cable one, depending on what is available in your area (seeing as Virgin have no intention of repeating the mistakes of earlier cable companies, that is spending huglely on network expansion and driving into unrecoverable debt).

danmalone
20-02-08, 13:15

I think its the cable one i got yeh. Its generally alrite, i do have to restart router now and again which isnt too much of a prob. It get my fair share of long syncs ingame and if i stand still in p2 for 15mins or more i get put in a sync still.

All i wanna do is idol and watch the spam in ooc and the 'pvp' (if thats what u can call it :p) in p2 :(

/edit, any idea what times rabbi fang is usually about? i think ive been a lil unlucky with my timing :lol:

Doc Holliday
20-02-08, 15:21

if i could get cable i would do but i pay less than alot of people do so its serviceable.

L0KI
20-02-08, 15:30
Dan - I'm on every night, generally after 9pm GMT to about 11pm GMT.

Also, I'm on right now ;)

William Antrim
20-02-08, 18:17
Nah, Virgin media do an ADSL service as well as a cable one, depending on what is available in your area (seeing as Virgin have no intention of repeating the mistakes of earlier cable companies, that is spending huglely on network expansion and driving into unrecoverable debt).

I know; i used to work for them, our kid still does.

Necpock
20-02-08, 20:32
Right It seems I've been having synch problems all day but general playing has been fine, no lag or packet loses earlier... but not there are some 7% online I'm getting super bad "lag" with a ping at 53 average (no change all day)

Me thinks its time for a reboot.. or atleast a weekly reboot like they had before 2.2

Necpock
20-02-08, 20:39
Right, died for the 4th time due to lag and shit, it has taken me an hour to zone 4 sectors and has rendered my game unplayable, some one do their job and restart the sever...

DrRisk
20-02-08, 22:16
[ edited ]