PDA

View Full Version : Keep continusly loseing windowed mode!!!!

ZYI-
17-02-08, 05:13
I keep loseing it not sure why. My directx hasn't been changed and neither has anything else on my comp since I last played. We had a storm lastnight which took out the power but my comp was already off so I can't see how that would change my windowed mode. It worked fine lastnight before I loged out. I'm running out of ideas and I sure don't wanna go threw the trouble of reinstalling everything again. and also last time I had a problem with it working cause I had streatched my desktop over to my second monitor. But this time its set to single monitor and the other one isn't even on. It's really starting to get anoying. Any other ideas?

aKe`cj
17-02-08, 08:29
neocron.ini

PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"

set file to write-protected.

done.

ZYI-
17-02-08, 18:22
already tryed that it seams to pass over it. and if you click read only neocron wont even start up it's silly
any other ideas?

Nidhogg
17-02-08, 18:44
Do you keep clicking the "Configuration..." button on the launcher?

N

ZYI-
04-03-08, 07:10
Do you keep clicking the "Configuration..." button on the launcher?

N

no it just resets somehow. When ever I click on the game icon sometimes it comes up regurlar and then sometimes it asks me what config I want. I've reinstalled everything I can think of and I have worked on settings of all my graphics. this last weak though it seams to be fine I'm just waiting for it to randomly do it again. when I posted it was doing it all the time now it seams only once in a while.

naimex
04-03-08, 14:35
no it just resets somehow. When ever I click on the game icon sometimes it comes up regurlar and then sometimes it asks me what config I want. I've reinstalled everything I can think of and I have worked on settings of all my graphics. this last weak though it seams to be fine I'm just waiting for it to randomly do it again. when I posted it was doing it all the time now it seams only once in a while.

that game icon you are referring to...

does that link to client.exe or the launcher file?

do as before mentioned if it bugs you up.

put the windowed mode and resolution into the file, write protect it, and change your game icon, which i assume is the desktop shortcut, to link to the client.exe file.

My best bet from what you are saying, is that it's a shortcut you are using thats using the launcher, and who knows.. maybe you have some weird command put in there, or the game had when it was made.

I could be wrong though... but it can't hurt to try.

ZYI-
05-03-08, 08:19
that game icon you are referring to...

does that link to client.exe or the launcher file?

do as before mentioned if it bugs you up.

put the windowed mode and resolution into the file, write protect it, and change your game icon, which i assume is the desktop shortcut, to link to the client.exe file.

My best bet from what you are saying, is that it's a shortcut you are using thats using the launcher, and who knows.. maybe you have some weird command put in there, or the game had when it was made.

I could be wrong though... but it can't hurt to try.

yes it is the launcher icon, I shall try your idea thankyou very much