PDA

View Full Version : Ra3 ??? !!!

Necpock
15-02-08, 19:08
http://www.ea.com/redalert/

'Nuff said tbh tbh tbh omg omg im so excited :D

DrRisk
15-02-08, 20:04
THIS IS EA MAN OF COURSE IT's GONNA SUCK!

Tratos
15-02-08, 20:26
First they destroy my favorite game series, now they target my favorite universe of fiction within that series.

Fuck. :(

Dribble Joy
15-02-08, 21:19
Didn't EA produce RA2, Generals and CC3?

Bob Arctor
15-02-08, 21:22
Pretty sure they did.

Don't worry yourself, this'll be great.

DrRisk
15-02-08, 21:46
RA was made by westwood studios before.

Tratos
15-02-08, 22:06
Didn't EA produce RA2, Generals and CC3?
Red Alert 2 was developed by Westwood Studios and published by EA (who published allot of their games), it was between RA2 and Yuri's Revenage that EA bought Westwood, hence Yuri's Revenge still being good, as it was developed by Westwood.

When Westwood was bought outright it was dissolved into EA almost immediatly and allot of the team left to form Petroglyph (creators of Star Wars Empire at War).

Generals was as an original product fairly poor, thankfully Zero Hour saved it, just with some good changes, since then far more of Westwood left and i think it's only Mike Verdu (one of the top Westwood blokes) who remains with EA.

C&C3 was, in a word, horrible. The game play was sound but it was far far from a Command & Conquer game. It just lacked the feeling and intensity of the older games in the series, not to mention it didnt really make sense in terms of cronology as allot of the cool technology was none existant and yet it was set a good few years later than Tiberian Sun.

I really dont want to play Kanes Wrath (C&C3 expansion, out this year).

The Red Alert series was always my favorite of the 2 ( proper ) C&C universes of fiction (as generals dosnt count) and i still hold Red Alert 2 with Yuri's Revenge as one of the better games i've ever played.

From EAs current patern of screwing things up for every game series they have come to own, with the exception of Burnout, i sort of do and don't want to see this game.