PDA

View Full Version : Mars...

danmalone
11-02-08, 13:54
Im getting a lil bored with terra and sum of the people on it... Anyone on ere play much on Mars? Im gonna start playing on it a lil bit and could mebbe use a hand getting leveled/kitted out. Ive made a HC tank atm cause they can make sum decent cash from solo firemobbing :)

William Antrim
11-02-08, 14:35
I have a near-capped rifle pe on mars (was my pluto char in nc1) who is currently languishing in the Fallen Angels faction but needs to move factions as i dont like fa.

Mars rocks however, its like a whole new nc all over again. You know pretty much noone, get jumpy every time a new name pops up on your screen and get to learn a whole new language while youre at it. Plus if you make a little effort to speak it it can do wonders with the natives.

As for money/items etc. sorry cant do much there as only have about 100k on that char.

danmalone
11-02-08, 14:54
I have a near-capped rifle pe on mars (was my pluto char in nc1) who is currently languishing in the Fallen Angels faction but needs to move factions as i dont like fa.

Mars rocks however, its like a whole new nc all over again. You know pretty much noone, get jumpy every time a new name pops up on your screen and get to learn a whole new language while youre at it. Plus if you make a little effort to speak it it can do wonders with the natives.

As for money/items etc. sorry cant do much there as only have about 100k on that char.

Thats another reason why ive started on mars... it feels quite cool to be a noob again, normally when i create a char i have all imps and weps i need to lvl it up really fast. Now that ive started on Mars with nothing but my starter 'nade launcher and 2k, i find myself searching through boxes to sell the contents to yo's like in the old days :lol:

William Antrim
11-02-08, 16:37
Best of all there are no pink glasses in sight!

Seriously though, I know a few people over the years who have moved onto the other server to try to recapture that "lost" magical feeling that we all once had at the start of our addictions. It is good fun for a time, the language barrier can actually be kind of cool too if you can read enough german to understand and there does seem to be more rp there. I think it is probably best that you dont advertise the fact that youre from Terra however as I have come across some hostilities over it but I think that may be more "server nationalism" than anything, or the vague memories of a clan who arent here any more.

I am tempted to log into mars some time too. What did you call your char there Mr Malone?

edit: read the sig.

danmalone
11-02-08, 17:30
Best of all there are no pink glasses in sight!

Seriously though, I know a few people over the years who have moved onto the other server to try to recapture that "lost" magical feeling that we all once had at the start of our addictions. It is good fun for a time, the language barrier can actually be kind of cool too if you can read enough german to understand and there does seem to be more rp there. I think it is probably best that you dont advertise the fact that youre from Terra however as I have come across some hostilities over it but I think that may be more "server nationalism" than anything, or the vague memories of a clan who arent here any more.

I am tempted to log into mars some time too. What did you call your char there Mr Malone?

edit: read the sig.

You seem to know it all :p Nowadays i log into NC on terra, stand around p2 on an le'd char just watching stuff. The last thing i did of any significance was the AK mission which was good fun ended up trying to get me a storm laser but i think i was in the wrong place. Other than that my NC days are slowly drawing to an end.... my pvp days are long gone my pe no longer has the imps to do it neways and its generally not fun anymore :(

Main reason for me joining Mars was for the 'magical feeling' as u stated, i know dribs and drabs of german so i think ill be able to manage nehow and ill still patrol p2 on my le'd char while playing on mars... one of the many benefits of dual logging :angel:

zii
11-02-08, 18:51
I moved to Mars last year and it is where my Main char is.

I have logged into Terra about five times in the past year for about a total of an hour.

People often have some knowledge of English on Mars, although I often consult bablefish out of respect for the language and try and converse in it.

I have not come across any "server nationalism" at all and find everyone quite fun to play with.

$ir Mafia
11-02-08, 19:31
ya, you wont hear the "this is an xxxxx server, speak xxxxx you moron" message
that often on mars.

DrRisk
11-02-08, 20:27
[ edited ]

MoonDragn
11-02-08, 21:02
I moved to Mars last year and it is where my Main char is.

I have logged into Terra about five times in the past year for about a total of an hour.

People often have some knowledge of English on Mars, although I often consult bablefish out of respect for the language and try and converse in it.

I have not come across any "server nationalism" at all and find everyone quite fun to play with.

babelfish gives really funny translations. I bet they got a kick out of that.

solling
11-02-08, 21:12
mars have less people then terra.

and if pvp aint fun for u then i dont think nc is fun anymore :p

i myself play mostley for pvp since a long time ago.

danmalone
11-02-08, 22:44
mars have less people then terra.

and if pvp aint fun for u then i dont think nc is fun anymore :p

i myself play mostley for pvp since a long time ago.

Dont get me wrong, i pvp on my spy but im new to nanites so cba with the hassle. There are other things in the game which i enjoy doing other than pvp but alot of factors are just killing the PVP atm, even tho sum of those ARE being reduced... :)

trigger hurt
12-02-08, 05:12
Myself and DarkH leveled chars on mars back just after NC2 went gold. I have a near capped rifle spy there. He's missing his rifle MC5 chip and I sold a few of his weapons.

PvP on that server used to be quite comical though. I started out as biotech then went PP then NeXT. Ran all the epics for the reward. Kept my apartment in the city when I switched to TG.

Occasionally I would pop back into plaza, kill a couple afk'rs and sit back and watch people swear at me in German. I didn't know what they were saying, but it sure looked angry.

zii
12-02-08, 11:31
babelfish gives really funny translations. I bet they got a kick out of that.
Yep - but I talk rubbish in English so bablefish just made it even more unintelliable.

I spend most of my time pvping on mars so no problem there with that :D

jini
12-02-08, 17:26
Mars population is way too low.
[ edited ]

Indeed, Mars is offered for other things like PvE, missions and all that, but in the end it has almost no people (last time I looked yesterday, it had 3% in the evening)

Can you specify what is it that you enjoy in this game, if not pvp?

Doc Holliday
12-02-08, 18:03

Does it matter? does it aid the thread that he is having fun with the game again and others are sharing similar experiences. [ edited ]

danmalone
12-02-08, 18:40
Does it matter? does it aid the thread that he is having fun with the game again and others are sharing similar experiences.[ edited ]

I have been killed by Jini before yes, that was back in 2.1 when xbow was insane and Jini always had Gunnar at their side. Other than that i think im fairly safe :p

And yes, some people may think that the game is just pure pvp but i find myself deleting capped chars, to make new ones... I enjoy leveling and the whole tradeskilling business. Back not so long back i actually enjoyed pvp, that was up until every1 and their mothers needed PPU's and the sort.... They know who they r ;)

Other than that, i may just carry on doing what im doing now and making my le'd woc chars, seems people dont like that fact... That and the fact there was only 14people on Mars last night :(

DrRisk
12-02-08, 18:56
[ edited ]

Mighty Max
12-02-08, 19:03

I.e. ppl that do not use global OOC everytime they are pooping ;)

I have compassion for you if you haven't found anything else then PvP that makes fun in this game. Must be a very limiting gameplay exp.
For most of us, the game is more then the abbreviation p2. Involving *shock* coorperating with others

danmalone
12-02-08, 19:11

I have compassion for you if you haven't found anything else then PvP that makes fun in this game. Must be a very limiting gameplay exp.
For most of us, the game is more then the abbreviation p2. Involving *shock* coorperating with others

I agree with this statement entirely :) and it will live happily ever after in my signature.

jini
12-02-08, 19:32

Then, I have an easy fix: plaxe an [x] in before the ooc check box.. problem solved. The ooc chanel is there for a reason. Those that dont want to hear it also have a solution. To all those that try to force people on what to say, i say F$%^ oFF

Mighty Max
12-02-08, 20:06
Well the easier and much better way is to use +i.
I thought i'd give you a hint on how you'd be able to find fun aside PvP. I'm not trying to force what you say and what you don't. It's your choice, but then you asked for where the fun outside PvP is.

It's quite understandable that one can't have much fun with anything else then fighting, if wherever he goes, ppl passing by regardless of faction turn around to make him go silent.

I hope you understand that i am not trying to force, bash or flame anyone. If i was up for such talk, i'd answer some trash on OOC for a laught.

Just trying to give a helpfull hand.

l8m0n
12-02-08, 20:37
Mars population is way too low.
If you don't master nanites on a spy, don't expect to pvp. P2 zonewhoring helps exactly in that area, since it levels out that single one sideffect nanites have against psi shields: very LONG time to appl them.

Indeed, Mars is offered for other things like PvE, missions and all that, but in the end it has almost no people (last time I looked yesterday, it had 3% in the evening)

Who says you have to master nanites to pvp as a spy?

Bullshit as usuall.

jini
12-02-08, 21:03
Who says you have to master nanites to pvp as a spy?

Bullshit as usuall.
Says I, one of the best.

solling
12-02-08, 22:16
not everyone have to use ppus now, but p2 has mostley 1 or 2 ppus. If u dont wanna fight people with ppus then find pvp somewhere else then p2 i think.

Doc Holliday
12-02-08, 23:12
[ edited ]

danmalone
13-02-08, 00:44
[ edited ]

Naah, its all good. I didnt see it as a 'pop' so ur all good ;) Back in 2.1 i would have never dreamed of quitting NC or joining Mars, now im not saying 2.2 is bad cause i still play obviously :p

People who like to disagree with everything (jini been one... no offense) seem to kill the community and cause arguements. If everyone could keep all the bullshit to themselves then you would find yourselves with more of a population = more people to pvp and a generally nice environment to play in :) I aint trying to get at you, its just you need to get a grip and try and contribute something useful to the community other than the useless digs that get thrown about. This is one of the main reasons i was considering playing on Mars :mad:

jini
13-02-08, 07:54
On the contrary. It is exactly that people like you, are killing a game designed for heavy pvp. Instead of getting a weapon and joining the fun thats going on in p2 and/or OP scene, you try to tradeskill or PvE or whatever it is you are doing, but in the wrong environment. I guess there are other games offering better tools for this kind of interaction (not that in NC you cant do that, but it ends pretty boring)

[ edited ]

Matanius
13-02-08, 09:55
[ edited ]

Sorry Dan, back on topic. I know nothing about Mars, but I do know that I will quite literally cry if you don't still pop on Terra :p

solling
13-02-08, 11:54
people dont HAVE to pvp, if u wanna tradeskill ,killl mobs etc, i say go right ahead do whatever makes the game fun for u. Let no one tell u how to play the game ;)

jini apparently has most fun spamming ooc and the forums and arguing :p

if i where u i would just use the ignore feature and u wont ever have to worry about people being tards on OOC i belive thats what its there for.

ignore enough and it woudl be kinda like playing on mars :D

Habrok
13-02-08, 11:54
This thread is teetering on the brink. Please refrain from flaming each other any further. I shouldn't need to remind you that insulting other players is against the forum rules.

Thankyou Kindly,

Habrok.

CMaster
13-02-08, 12:42
People not constantly seeking a fight, hell evne people with LEs in are not ruining the game. Get over the fact that some people don't play like you do.
In fact, if all you ever do is PvP, I'd suggest that you are the one playing the wrong game - there are far, far better multiplayer shooters out there, some even with persistent or semi-persistent worlds. The key to NC is the diversity of experience it offers, but I suppose some people prefer to impose their playstyle onto others (and here we have the real key to why NC's pops are so low).

zii
13-02-08, 12:45
If anyone wants some pistol leveling stuff then let me know I can supply some items on Mars. Sadly, I don't yet have the same level of spare kit that I have on Terra.

I prob have some other stuff lying around for tanks who wish to level, but I cannot be sure.

Doc Holliday
13-02-08, 14:40
On the contrary. It is exactly that people like you, are killing a game designed for heavy pvp. Instead of getting a weapon and joining the fun thats going on in p2 and/or OP scene, you try to tradeskill or PvE or whatever it is you are doing, but in the wrong environment. I guess there are other games offering better tools for this kind of interaction (not that in NC you cant do that, but it ends pretty boring)

[ edited ]

If this is your answer what were u doing in the game the first 2 years or so i played because u sure werent pvping jini. [ edited ]

William Antrim
13-02-08, 15:14
[ edited ]

solling
13-02-08, 15:53
its empty. I would rather use ignore and play with more people tbh.

Mighty Max
13-02-08, 16:07
Thats not true.

Mars has not the diversity of players regarding timezones, thus a much stronger falloff off-peak. However, when it hits it's time of the day, days where mars has a greater %age are not uncommon.

William Antrim
13-02-08, 17:13
its empty. I would rather use ignore and play with more people tbh.

Quality beats quantity hands down though my friend. The quality of some of the gutter slime on Terra these days is close to amoebic proportions. :angel:

L0KI
13-02-08, 17:19
It's the memories of the community that keeps bringing me back to Neocron.

In contrary, It's the community itself that keeps driving me away again.

EDIT - It's about 50/50 good people/scum mix. I met a guy last night for instance, whom met me for the very first time. He helped me out by showing me how to drone in the WoC tunnels, without me asking him. It's moments like this that made me love the game so much the first time around.

jini
13-02-08, 17:26
If this is your answer what were u doing in the game the first 2 years or so i played because u sure werent pvping jini. you were somewhere near the bottom of this layer cake.

Hence the title. who is john spike? exactly. he is no body. he never was.
Exactly right. I was tradeskilling like an ass. But I was also trying to learn the game too.

[ edited ]

L0KI
13-02-08, 17:45
Exactly right. I was tradeskilling like an ass. But I was also trying to learn the game too.

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

jini
13-02-08, 17:54
People not constantly seeking a fight, hell evne people with LEs in are not ruining the game. Get over the fact that some people don't play like you do.
In fact, if all you ever do is PvP, I'd suggest that you are the one playing the wrong game - there are far, far better multiplayer shooters out there, some even with persistent or semi-persistent worlds. The key to NC is the diversity of experience it offers, but I suppose some people prefer to impose their playstyle onto others (and here we have the real key to why NC's pops are so low).
We are not talking of particular newbies that just joined the game and they want to explore it C.
In fact not even hardcore pvpers like myself, pvp at all times. It is a game with a lot things to do other than pvp and that is true, but it is also true, that this game was/is designed around pvp and the fun this gives and nothing else. Tell me one mmo that is better in pvp than NC then if you like, don't just spit me vague comments. Which one is better than NC in terms of pvp?

Damn's reasons are valid. He wants to play the game not for pvp but for pve/missions. Ok fine this is understandable. But the majority of players still playing the game are playing for pvp.

[ edited ]

Like Lore already said, it is allways easy to uncheck ooc and trade andmute the whole server and do your own business. You will still have a server with some people in it. The choice is yours

solling
13-02-08, 18:09
Quality beats quantity hands down though my friend. The quality of some of the gutter slime on Terra these days is close to amoebic proportions.

no quality on mars tho :p especially if u dont speak german then its just whatever.

i do understand the need to start over sometimes but tbh it only lasts for so long then ur back to where u started mars or terra. lvling can only be fun for so long.

DrRisk
13-02-08, 18:13
[ edited ]

derretimos
13-02-08, 19:24
gbc (in 2.1) > whatever clan you were in jini

i remember :D

L0KI
13-02-08, 19:52
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Doc Holliday
13-02-08, 19:55
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

Trivaldi
13-02-08, 21:10
Thread Re-Open.

Several posts have been edited; I’d like to make a point that perhaps some users should reacquaint themselves with the Forum Rules (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=52).

No more warnings, back on topic, please.

Triv

tarasm
13-02-08, 22:00
Do what you like. Do not speak of this trechery anymore!

Nytewolf2k7
14-02-08, 05:58
I have a PPU on mars (or was he an APU? can't remember) haven't played him in a while...

Apocalypsox
14-02-08, 06:33
I might play on mars now that i know a bit more german :lol: I might be able to squeeze by now.

William Antrim
14-02-08, 11:09
Tbh I think that some of the trolling is what is making some of the veterans look elsewhere for their fun. Case in point is this thread.

Doc Holliday
14-02-08, 11:35
Sorry for rising to the bait. im gonna make judicious use of the ignore feature instead.

john repeats himself often enough for me to know i wont miss anything he says.

L0KI
14-02-08, 11:41
The most highly edited thread in NC forum history?

Also - apologies for taking the bait.

Doc Holliday
14-02-08, 11:51
The most highly edited thread in NC forum history?

Also - apologies for taking the bait.

naw. i think vet vs original monk were some of the best because it used to turn in to vetterox vs the entire forum. or ezza and gort and the others from black cartel. that was good. always plenty of flame fests haha. this one was pretty tame but still flagrantly against the rules. although i did like some of the comments in it. some good flames to save for another day on another forum ;)

William Antrim
14-02-08, 14:32
[ edited ]

danmalone
14-02-08, 14:40
:p On a more topic kinda based issue ;) ... any other clans out there (other than the really large ones like WRLD, SAD and Serious. I think a whole change of scenery could do wonders.

Im playing WoW atm (its got that bad :( ) and i think a new group of people of sum sort could add some more fun from my perspective :)

Nidhogg
14-02-08, 16:30
If danmalone hadn't put this back on a semblance of track this thread would be closed now. One more edit will result in the closure of the thread and a temp ban for the offender.

N

danmalone
14-02-08, 17:30
If it stops the flaming and the such from going on i would be happy for this thread to be split and closed and moved to the Terra section? :)

zii
14-02-08, 18:44
... any other clans out there (other than the really large ones like WRLD, SAD and Serious...

On Mars or Terra?

There is a large BD clan on Mars called Fasics. Mainly pvp. I don't know if they have OPs. I think ATF (Cityadmin) are going well.

solling
14-02-08, 20:27
there is plenty of clans GOOD clans to on terra.

some of the smaller ones got very nice people in it dont need to be on the map to be a good clan :D

danmalone
14-02-08, 20:29
there is plenty of clans GOOD clans to on terra.

some of the smaller ones got very nice people in it dont need to be on the map to be a good clan :D

Hehe good timing it appears, just got in from work.

Care to name a few of these clans? I would be very grateful :)

solling
15-02-08, 02:13
Hmmmm well small clans there is the next clan that was on the map for a bit.

Also seen gryphon clan around think the faction counselor is in it and he RP a lot wich is cool.

lots of these small clans around just start talking to people and ull find em and small clans got less chance of ass hats in em to :p

jini
15-02-08, 08:52
Tbh I think that some of the trolling is what is making some of the veterans look elsewhere for their fun. Case in point is this thread.
Tbh, I think that I would hesitate to call someone a vet just because, he had joined the game back when it started. Once the game evolved and more people learned it, they simply couldn't compete anymore, and they lost their interest. Obviously, it is one thing to be able to kill a spy back in 2002, and quite another to try the same thing now. Many "vets" as you call them also left, after the APU nerfage too. If you can recall this happens for a second time, right after the allmighty hybrid nerfage, when people have left the game as well.
All in all, people leave this game because they lose their overpowered fighter classes, which means that they can't fight the rest in equal terms.
What this leaves us, is a very dedicated core of players that enjoys the game for what it is, and thy have already learn it and they have adopted to the new rules, and for me, them ARE THE REAL VETS. All the rest are fakes. It doesn't make you a vet because you had the chance of joining back in 02.
You still live in the same illusion you did 5 years back. Get over it and move on is my suggestion.

L0KI
15-02-08, 10:21
Tbh, I think that I would hesitate to call someone a vet just because, he had joined the game back when it started. Once the game evolved and more people learned it, they simply couldn't compete anymore, and they lost their interest. Obviously, it is one thing to be able to kill a spy back in 2002, and quite another to try the same thing now. Many "vets" as you call them also left, after the APU nerfage too. If you can recall this happens for a second time, right after the allmighty hybrid nerfage, when people have left the game as well.
All in all, people leave this game because they lose their overpowered fighter classes, which means that they can't fight the rest in equal terms.
What this leaves us, is a very dedicated core of players that enjoys the game for what it is, and thy have already learn it and they have adopted to the new rules, and for me, them ARE THE REAL VETS. All the rest are fakes. It doesn't make you a vet because you had the chance of joining back in 02.
You still live in the same illusion you did 5 years back. Get over it and move on is my suggestion.

This is clearly flame bating once again Jini.

I left the game because i split up with my girlfriend of the time, and had to arrange a house sale. I'm now settled again, and very much enjoying Neocron. How on earth does that make me a FAKE vet???

Oh - an important point I must raise, is that the game didnt evolve - people DIDN'T LEARN the game in the way that they used to.
A Neocron Vet - is someone that worked out their own setup, from SCRATCH, without the use of the NSkill software. The only reason some of us were over powered, is because we had the brains to test resist setups.
I don't think you were even around in the days of 2003, where Dribble Joy, me, QD etc tested masses of different resist setups. Let's just say - we were pretty much the first on our server to get such good resists, and we did it by using Neofrag... not NSkill.

A Neocron Vet can also be someone that has been around for a long time, and has always helped out members of the community.

Brammers for instance.

I won't take the bait again - I'm just mistified that you actually believe what you are saying. Did you ever have an alt called Ginger Magician btw?

Trivaldi
15-02-08, 10:52
Jini, L0KI, take the offtopic discussion to PMs. 'Veteran status' has nothing to do with this thread.

Triv

Mr Jeff
15-02-08, 11:08
Also seen gryphon clan around think the faction counselor is in it and he RP a lot wich is cool.
It's all one guy.

Riddle
15-02-08, 11:30
Small clans which operate below the turmoil of OOC spam and E-peni are in my experience some of the better clans for loyalty and honesty.

They are a form of sub culture which exists in game, they very often go unoticed by the big boyz clans, passed in the street without a second glance at their tag, but don't underestimate their worth.

I have dealings with loads of this little clans in support of their construction and repair needs. Very often handing over MC5's and ultimated weapons to me ,they seem to be doing all right for gear thats for sure!!

In my experience they tip extremely well for your service and are either Role play or just very polite. Unlike some big tags I see, who after repping ALL their gear they give you a 2k tip and leave without so much as a Thankyou! how hard is it to type "ty" ? and do they not know you just spanked a Repair lube in the process? that costs more than 2k!! even with barter http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/rolleyes.gif

Anyways imo the large clans offer a certain type of play which attracts a segment of the population and the smaller clans offer a different type of play alltogether which in turn atracts another segment of the pops.

Try both if you can , as smaller clans are harder to break into (they don't just want cannon fodder ;) ) and I am sure you will find them both rewarding in their own way.

William Antrim
15-02-08, 13:39
Yawn Jini, change the record.

Riddle youre absolutely correct mate. Hence the reason why I prefer small clans. You get a tighter group of people who have possibly gamed together a long time and you all "know" each other so much better. I grow tired of big clans too easily because there is so much more to nc than ninja'ing ops, flaming on ooc and all the other bs that goes hand in hand with it. You don't tend to find too many ego's in small clans either which is much better and people find value in eachothers play styles and skills.
Unfortunately there will always be freeloaders and sheep and the people who feel the need to have the biggest clan/epenis on the block to make up for some other facet of their life theyre not satisfied with.

However, the reason I am still here now playing after so many years is not because of the pvp, it is as always, the people. There are still people in this game who I think are great people and have a lot of fun gaming with them.

Its them that make the game, not the uber-pvpers who are ten a penny.

Riddle
15-02-08, 14:11

Riddle youre absolutely correct mate. Hence the reason why I prefer small clans. You get a tighter group of people who have possibly gamed together a long time and you all "know" each other so much better. I grow tired of big clans too easily because there is so much more to nc than ninja'ing ops, flaming on ooc and all the other bs that goes hand in hand with it. You don't tend to find too many ego's in small clans either which is much better and people find value in eachothers play styles and skills.
Unfortunately there will always be freeloaders and sheep and the people who feel the need to have the biggest clan/epenis on the block to make up for some other facet of their life theyre not satisfied with.

However, the reason I am still here now playing after so many years is not because of the pvp, it is as always, the people. There are still people in this game who I think are great people and have a lot of fun gaming with them.

*Claps

100% spot on Mr Antrim

L0KI
15-02-08, 14:21

Wow - well said. Again.

Doc Holliday
15-02-08, 15:02
Wow - well said. Again.

+ 1 again. specially the top part. its gonna draw more flame bait im sure but hey ho.

agreed with the small clan part. its fun. it sucks when you cant have mass fights consistently and have some major op wars due to the tendency to yell zerg of the current (see last couple years) groups but yeah you never lose track of whos who in small clans. the only downside is when there are 3 of u in a clan say and not many folks log on often enough it gets kinda sad. specially if u get ganked by some uber pvp0r and his ppu.

landofcake
15-02-08, 15:03

I think that a clan doesn't nessicarily have to be 'small' to be a really enjoyable experience with a closely knit community. I've been in what would be considered a large clan, and all of the players had been playing together for years, know each other very well, and it makes their Ventrilo and absolutely hilarious place to be ... :D

Although, your reason for playing Neocron for the people certainly rings true for me, but in a different way. I love playing the game with the people i play with, but i also love some of more unsavoury characters, because, quite frankly, they're fucking priceless. The people i'll remember most outside of my personal group of friends ingame are those who were the most hilarious, and i can remember a few.

If i turned off OOC and didn't listen to the constant ***************ing, whining and shouting from various players ... i think i'd enjoy the game FAR less. And remember, you don't have to participate in it at all, just observe and enjoy.

Sort of like some sort of sadistic Neocron vouyerism ...

Matanius
15-02-08, 15:19
If i turned off OOC and didn't listen to the constant ***************ing, whining and shouting from various players ... i think i'd enjoy the game FAR less. And remember, you don't have to participate in it at all, just observe and enjoy.

Sort of like some sort of sadistic Neocron vouyerism ... Absolutely with you on that one my friend. If I'm doing something mind-numbing in game such as res missions or droning what nearly always keeps me from logging off is the constant infantile arguments on OOC...they're just hilarious!

jini
15-02-08, 17:02

Sort of like some sort of sadistic Neocron vouyerism ...
I second that. Mute ooc and you got a sterile NC, like most games have.
Those not be able to realize this, should think that they have better chances in WoW tbh...

solling
15-02-08, 17:31
i enjoy both small and big clans

small clans u know people better and usualy have better atmosphere and people u really get to know as ur buddies.In small clans u can also pvp and op fight but the danger for *Zerg* is there if u get attaced by bigger clans (use alliance chat to fix this i always say)

Big clans u have op fights and pvp more often. Big clans can also have a really good atmosphere and people u call ur friends and have great fun with but the danger for stupid people is bigger.

and finally Turn OFF ooc if u find it annoying. I like all the stupid talk on ooc sometimes cracks me up how people can be , But when i do find it annoying i turn it off easy as that.

also if certain people annoy u more then others IGNORE them by all means. im sure they wont get offended ;)

William Antrim
15-02-08, 21:29
I second that. Mute ooc and you got a sterile NC, like most games have.
Those not be able to realize this, should think that they have better chances in WoW tbh...

I disagree for the reasons posted above. Small clans ARE nc, not all the twats throwing pissy fits and arguing in the game.

You need to realise that the rest of the people who play this game (ie not you) have different opinions. Just because theirs differ to yours doesnt mean you have free reign to suggest they stop playing, or indeed try to tell them that they should play YOUR way of nc.

Without small clans nc wouldnt be here. Big clans come and go, small ones last a life time.

Case in point - Dbrotherhood.

No further questions m'lord.

landofcake
15-02-08, 22:16
This thread just became a massive pile of ironic hilarity really quick :D

solling
16-02-08, 00:04
Big clans can last forever to tho.

flib
16-02-08, 00:09
Big clans can last forever to tho.
Like R2K and Soldierz?

Asurmen Spec Op
16-02-08, 00:57

have my childrens

solling
16-02-08, 00:58
Like R2K and Soldierz

big clans who become friends while playing same as small clans.

William Antrim
16-02-08, 01:11
have my childrens

and do what with them? :)

Soldierz? please...... :rolleyes:

jini
16-02-08, 08:59
I disagree for the reasons posted above. Small clans ARE nc, not all the twats throwing pissy fits and arguing in the game.

You need to realise that the rest of the people who play this game (ie not you) have different opinions. Just because theirs differ to yours doesnt mean you have free reign to suggest they stop playing, or indeed try to tell them that they should play YOUR way of nc.

Without small clans nc wouldnt be here. Big clans come and go, small ones last a life time.

Case in point - Dbrotherhood.

No further questions m'lord.
Large -AND- Small together form what neocron is today. Twats AND carrebears too. Fighters AND tradeskillers also ALL needed and make what neocron is now. BUT there is one but: ONLY in OP fights you will get the fun of fighting, real fighting and real fun. How come big clans come and go and small don't? Who says all that you? Who are you? R2k is still here with us, ours is a continuation of ONE from nc1, FF still here, with players refusing to quit it AD still here. Small clans make the game?
What are you drinking m'Lord, Absinth :p?

Voodoo_Magic
16-02-08, 09:01
Large -AND- Small together form what neocron is today. Twats AND carrebears too. Fighters AND tradeskillers also ALL needed and make what neocron is now. BUT there is one but: ONLY in OP fights you will get the fun of fighting, real fighting and real fun. How come big clans come and go and small don't? Who says all that you? Who are you? R2k is still here with us, ours is a continuation of ONE from nc1, FF still here, with players refusing to quit it AD still here. Small clans make the game?
What are you drinking m'Lord, Absinth :p?

Altho i have not played for along time, i shall mention -

AD Have quit how many times...

jini
16-02-08, 11:12
Altho i have not played for along time, i shall mention -

AD Have quit how many times...
Many times...
It's their right to quit.

However let me mention also, that you know AD have quit many times, because you simply take a look in citycomms and you check the OPs, or simply just look at the map. Which also tell us a lot about the role big clans play in NC...

solling
16-02-08, 13:28
small clans quit all the time to tho :p

people cant keep playng this game forever that dont mean they still a gaming clan :)

Voodoo_Magic
16-02-08, 13:54
No, i dont mean quit playing.

I mean AD has been gone, GONE GONE. a few times.

sultan(leader) has been in a different clan etc

William Antrim
16-02-08, 16:00
blah blah blah Yawn

all those clans have quit over the years, so what? You have no point to make - let alone a valid one. The whole post is a veiled attempt at a polite flame. Yawn again.

Change the record Jini. You have nothing new to say so say nothing at all.

There is plenty of fun fighting solo vs a big group. You dont need an op to do that - or an op team. Some folks need a ppu to keep them alive some dont. There is plenty of fun to be had without even firing a weapon in anger too. You just have to know where to look for it.

Trivaldi
16-02-08, 16:14
We've given more than enough chances, this thread is going no where.

Triv