PDA

View Full Version : Mob Events

jonnyboy21
12-02-08, 21:51
I don't know how many of you or who of you were online yesterday, when the chaos mobs broke out the zoo. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it brought a new level to the game and it was good fun with so many people there and some good XP for most. I have never witnessed an event like yesterday's. When do they usually happen? I don't want to miss the next one, it was really good :)

Bob Arctor
12-02-08, 21:54
Ah gutted I missed that, I always really enjoy mob events.

jonnyboy21
12-02-08, 21:59
Well, when do they usually happen? I don't want to miss the next

Bob Arctor
12-02-08, 22:26
Whenever a GM feels like holding one I believe. Generally during peak server times otherwise it's kinda pointless.

Sharper Blade
12-02-08, 22:31
i killed so many people at that event, but then gms were telling me to stop killing lol

jonnyboy21
12-02-08, 22:38
Yeah i saw. Wasn't really funny, Sharper Blade.

Sharper Blade
12-02-08, 23:07
it was hilarious

jonnyboy21
12-02-08, 23:09
lol u pissed a lot of people off

William Antrim
12-02-08, 23:38
He's one of the reasons its just 'tards playing neocron now unfortunately. Most of the best people have quit now I am afraid.

Jest
13-02-08, 00:17
Not to defend his actions by any means, but you need to expect that sort of thing and be ready for it. Have a couple of guys not killing mobs, but ready to fight against player killers.

I wouldn't go to an event with the intent to player kill, but if there was some enemy douche bag who was low on life, I'd be pretty tempted to have a "Platoon" moment. ;)

Reaction77
13-02-08, 00:46
Been playing for almost a year and this was the second spawn event that ive experienced. Hopefully this event will kick the rest of the server into action and we will have more player and gm involvement and more events. I generally think it went well, apart from the PKers, but thats to be expected... i mean, its NC.

Nidhogg
13-02-08, 01:28
i killed so many people at that event, but then gms were telling me to stop killing lol
If the GMs tell you to stop, then stop. PKing at an event isn't cool.

N

JC_Denton2
13-02-08, 01:55
I think PKing at events like that is awesome, makes you really choose your tactics... if you want a carebear event make a feature where everyone in the zone is temporarily LE'd while in that zone.

aKe`cj
13-02-08, 02:36
I think PKing at events like that is awesome, makes you really choose your tactics... if you want a carebear event make a feature where everyone in the zone is temporarily LE'd while in that zone.

If you want PvP, pick a proper fight instead of rolfpwnz0ring ppl that are not expecting it and busy fighting mobs... pussies! :rolleyes:

...tactics, yeah right :o

Sharper Blade
13-02-08, 03:16
80% of the people i killed had a ppu and i constantly had 3 tanks with creeds shooting me the entire event lol

Darkana
13-02-08, 03:32
Maybe just stop posting into this thread, it's not really getting better that way.

/me wants to see some pictures of the event instead of a thread close.

flib
13-02-08, 03:57
Maybe just stop posting into this thread, it's not really getting better that way.

/me wants to see some pictures of the event instead of a thread close.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/theflib/shot0030.jpg

goat
13-02-08, 04:46
i wish someone would announce these things :(.

Apocalypsox
13-02-08, 05:03
More of these events announced would be good =/ even a server wide text message saying "XXX Has invaded XXXX! All runners are asked to reinforce!"

nellus
13-02-08, 11:05
More of these events announced would be good =/ even a server wide text message saying "XXX Has invaded XXXX! All runners are asked to reinforce!"

There were messages from the Admin asking for help with an escape from the zoo

Also for those that haven't read the rules for events in this thread http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135165 here is what it says in brief.

The participation in an official event is voluntary and at your own risk. The loss of game items during will not be compensated. Furthermore, any character statistics altered/dropped into negatives during the event (e.g. Soullight or faction sympathy) will not be reset.
Depending on the type of event, a set of rules for each given event will be published in the event’s announcement. Among other things, killing or harming other players is forbidden over the course of the event.
Event rewards that are lost at a later time can not be replaced.

Notice the bit in BOLD

Riddle
13-02-08, 11:17
Security seems a bit of an issue lately!!

What with a Mutant escape from the Maze and now an escape from the zoo!!

What next? will the boobs and guns girls escape from behind their desks and streak through Plaza 1:D

I still think Mob events could be announced, which would draw in some pops.

There should be an ingame announcement board aswell as here on the forums(for those who don't read them:eek: )

Not any specifics, just a blatant, GM Spawn event 8pm GMT!

jonnyboy21
13-02-08, 13:15
I agree, but then again all realism is lost if it is anticipated.

Chenoa
13-02-08, 13:46
I think some of you should read the EventRules (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135165) here! Be lucky, that you weren't notified!

And Spawnevents are spontanously (it depends on the time of the GMs), no Announcements needed. They will come up to the servers every 2-4 days.

Riddle
13-02-08, 14:11
= GM Events (also withOUT announcements), means:
the eventrules are valid (no PK) !

o dear Mr. Blade:angel:

Zheo
13-02-08, 14:32
He's one of the reasons its just 'tards playing neocron now unfortunately. Most of the best people have quit now I am afraid.

I second that :)

Zheo
13-02-08, 14:35
I think some of you should read the EventRules (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135165) here! Be lucky, that you weren't notified!

And Spawnevents are spontanously (it depends on the time of the GMs), no Announcements needed. They will come up to the servers every 2-4 days.

Chenoa, is it possible to "hire" a gm to spawn for events such as perhaps an NCPD raid on pepper park, GM spawning guards on both sides? No reason it can't be RP and arranged for example

NCPD plan a raid on pepper, but one of the members is a druggie and was leaked the info to the BlackDragon in exchange for some drugs.

In theory the NCPD betrayer could actually meet a BD runner somewhere, give them info, collect the drugs, and then the raid goes ahead later.

Just wondering.

SnowCrash
13-02-08, 14:42
Just to clarify things again. Anyone who is disturbing any events hosted by players and/or the Gamemaster team will receive a one time warning, followed by a temporary and then a permanent suspension of the game account.

There is plenty of space to battle each other but such events are definately a "no-go" area for this.

jonnyboy21
13-02-08, 15:09
I back up Zheo's comments, now is the time to have arranged GM Spawn events, as Zheo just made up a storyline there it is not difficult to have an arranged event with the realism kept in. Come on Chenoa! :angel:

Chenoa
13-02-08, 15:42
Chenoa, is it possible to [...]
Just wondering.

It is possible to write you now the 3rd (or more ?) time my eMail adress ( chenoa@reakktor.com - still waiting for your last one of the older thread) you know for years now for such ideas, planning events etc. You are really getting forgetful it seems =)

naimex
13-02-08, 19:13
I don't know how many of you or who of you were online yesterday, when the chaos mobs broke out the zoo. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it brought a new level to the game and it was good fun with so many people there and some good XP for most. I have never witnessed an event like yesterday's. When do they usually happen? I don't want to miss the next one, it was really good :)

You should look forward to the next time they do a steal/retrieve event :)

like a hundred people just rushing after the same gm who just stole some vital information or object from CA, then running at full speed towards the canyon, with a small group of runners giving support.

Was helluh fun, GMs and runners hunting a GM with runner-support, followed by an anarchy breed assault on the outzone station gate of neocron, with lots of storm bots and copbots and runners and GMs.

And then you could sometimes catch parts of some information that you could collect and if you found enough of them, or coordinated with others you would get a series of messages that in turn gave you an item from your faction councillor.

I actually think it was Snow they were hunting and we were protecting.

-----------------

Then there was the bat plague event, I really really wanted that implant that we might have gotten if we bought some thingy from some lady in Plaza 1 and aided their research... but no one ever got it, so I guess the lady's prototype failed. But atleast the bat plague was cured :)

jonnyboy21
13-02-08, 19:50
Sounds so good! How often do they happen?

Doc Holliday
13-02-08, 20:01
pvp events are always good if they can be implemented correctly but the pve mass spawns are obviously the easiest ones to do. i remember in nc1 pepper park was attacked by mutants. i managed to bag the Scorpion queen chick to get some titan armour back when she spawned when SHE felt like it lol.

naimex
13-02-08, 20:11
Sounds so good! How often do they happen?

Varies greatly...

Sometimes you get 4-5 on top of eachother, because some of them are long-term events and others are either chained or linked together somehow.

Sometimes you wait months without a single one.

They wouldn't be special if you got them everyday now would they ;)

Darkana
13-02-08, 20:19
Thank you for the screenie, flib :)

Kanedax
14-02-08, 09:15
AoE at these events hurts sl, i had no intent of killing anyone yet i went from 75 sl to 3 sl...ouch! Guess that taught me not to spam the wocet.