PDA

View Full Version : New player PE questions

Geniusjones
12-02-08, 20:27
Hey all,

I've been on my trial for the last two days or so and I have a couple of questions about advancement. Forgive me for being so new, but I've actually read the manual and trolled the forums for a few days so I'm not toally ignorant.

I picked Infiltrator PE because from all I read the PE is great for experimenting with what you like, so that's what I'm up to. Later I want to pvp, now and in between I'd like to do some crafting, drive some vehicles and the like.

For now, I just want to blow stuff up with my pistol but I have a couple of questions:

When do I upgrade to another weapon and where do I get i?
I am still having a bit of a hard time figuring out what weapons are good and what are not. And even which ones are pistols or not.

What do I put my points into?
I am getting tons of dex points for fighting, and I have put 15 or so into Pistol combat, and about 10 into agility. Sound right?

If I'm picking up jobs or missions or whatever, where's the best place for a newbie to go, and what's a total waste of time?

Thanks in advance all, I'm having fun with the game so far,
GJ

Jest
12-02-08, 21:12
Go to http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/pistols for a list of pistols and requirements. The low tech are at A&W stores while the high tech are at HEW stores. If you are unable to find the weapon you want, then its likely in a smuggler some where in the world. Ask on Help for the specific location.

Dex points - Yes, pistol, high tech, and agility are perfect. You will need to spend more points in pistol than the other two. Check the minimum requirements for the weapons on the above link.

When you can survive in the Cellars of P2 fighting Aggressor Captains, go there. If that is too hard now, find a place with mutants such as the Abandoned Rooms in Viarosso 3 near the subway. When tAggressor Captains becomes easy, go to the bunker of Military Base.

Geniusjones
12-02-08, 21:23
Awesome, sounds good, will do thanks. I realize I can do whatever later with my skills, but what do you think, low or high tech pistols? I really wanna go pew pew pew but if it's a waste I won't bother. I'm not sure what AGI is for, but I can see that high tech takes away from that. shrug.

jonnyboy21
12-02-08, 21:49
Agility helps you to run faster and jump higher :)

Geniusjones
12-02-08, 23:13
Agility helps you to run faster and jump higher :)

8| hmm tempting be low tech and go agi yes? what about pew pew? :'(

William Antrim
12-02-08, 23:37
Pew pew is high tech. The ultimate in pew pew is called the Judge, it is a plasma pistol so mighty that everyone will think you're the best thing since the last pew pewer if you wield it. Women will swoon over you and Hugh Hefner will be calling you up for parties at the mansion, but you will decline. Simply because youre too fucking cool for hugh hefner and you will pew pew him.

The Judge is the sexiest gun in the game. Nuff said.

Geniusjones
13-02-08, 00:17
Pew pew is high tech. The ultimate in pew pew is called the Judge, it is a plasma pistol so mighty that everyone will think you're the best thing since the last pew pewer if you wield it. Women will swoon over you and Hugh Hefner will be calling you up for parties at the mansion, but you will decline. Simply because youre too fucking cool for hugh hefner and you will pew pew him.

The Judge is the sexiest gun in the game. Nuff said.

Ok. You have persuaded me to get the judge. I have added it to my list of stuff to get after I've mastered finding my apartment haha. Still, that's great, I'll just hit up the high tech. I'm a decider!