PDA

View Full Version : Windowed Mode not on list anymore :(

ZYI-
10-02-08, 23:22
ok so my windowed mode is totaly gone and I need it. I was told to reinstall directx to get it to work again, ok that was a total disaster that involved repairing windows. Anyone got another way cause you can't reinstall directx anymore cause it's a web installer that says you already have it.

naimex
11-02-08, 01:00
it's still on my list

neocron2/neocron.ini

PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"

EDIT:

Else go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4B1F5D0C-5E44-4864-93CD-464EF59DA050&displaylang=en

It's the redistributable version (you download the entire thing, it's meant for system administrators so they dont have to download the entire thing on every machine, if they have to update 10-20 machines.

You still need a legal windows.

ZYI-
11-02-08, 01:23
ok well I tryed the directx caus that would be the easyest it ran and finishe :), but I still don't get windowed mode and so I went to look for the ini thing but I'm not sure where I'm suposed to type that at. (fealling more dumb by the min) lol

ZYI-
11-02-08, 01:47
found duh I feal so dumb heheehe thankyou so much for your help

ZYI-
11-02-08, 02:03
well got that changed and that still didn't do it this is anoying. hmm maybe it was the new catalyst drivers I put in for my second monitor not sure if this started before or after that I think before but can't rmember maybe I'll put in the old one and see if it works again

ZYI-
11-02-08, 02:21
kk figured out what exactly was my problem aparently for some reason when my desktop is streched to the two monitors it takes off the windowed mode no clue as to why but thats whats doing it. But the whole reason I got the second monitor is so I could play poker and research at the same time so if it wont window there is no point
any ideas?

ZYI-
11-02-08, 02:30
lol ok for anyone else who trys this it's (extend main to monitor) NOT stretch.
LMAO I spent a day redoing half of my comp for that crap lol, anyways atleast all my drivers and stuff are up to date
lol

naimex
11-02-08, 09:09
You can edit your post up to an hour after.

You might get slapped if you make a new post each time you have an update.

Just so you know. The button is located in the upper right corner of your post.

----------------------

I haven't noticed any problems with the Catalyst drivers at home, but I can't be certain that there aren't any (I had arrived at the apartment where my old-gaming computer was and it's running Nvidia drivers).

But why would you want to "extend" it onto 2 screens? i find it very annoying in games that the center of the field where you actually have to aim and do a lot of stuff is right on the borderline between the 2 monitors...