PDA

View Full Version : Neocron nostalgia contest - voting

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:09
Runner "Glok"

Every runner has a beginning and this was the initiation of the runner named Skronk.

One day when Skronk was toiling in the sewers killing diseased rats, where now are only found spiders and small sewer rats we have killed so many, a passing runner mentioned Skronk's damage output. "Are you using a storebought gun?" queried this random runner. "Yeah, these guns are crap!" said Skronk. "You can get them constructed you know.." said he, and explained how to get a better gun. Off ran Skronk, to get a better gun.

"Can someone make me a better colt budget?" called Skronk on zone chat in Plaza sector three many times to no response. Finally someone replied from the goguardian, a strange monk named Milo PSI, "Why better? Why not cool or outstanding?" "You can make me one?" queried Skronk. "I sure can, I'm the best constructor on the server! Hand me your gun," quoth Milo. A few moments later, he handed Skronk a 2 slot outstanding colt budget. Skronk asked, "What are the slots for?" Milo replied, "They are for mods, I recommend double sharpening it." "What's that?" inquires Skronk. "Go look in Archer & Wesson for two things called 'titan' and 'diferro' and bring them back to me," said Milo. Off ran Skronk to procure these items.

"I finally found them," said Skronk as he returned a short while later, and handed the strange items to Milo. Seconds later, Skronk was the proud owner of an 'outstanding sharpened sharpened colt budget.' Minutes later in the sewers, Skronk found it was doing FOUR TIMES the damage of his old gun. It was fantastic! But just in time to spoil his fun, another sewer hunter turned his rifle onto Skronk and started firing! After settling back into his skin, Skronk turned right back to the assailant with his shiny new gun and did the same. It didn't take long, soon there was a corpse in front of Skronk with a street rifle laying next to it. Skronk grabbed the street rifle and headed out of the sewers with his prize.

That same assailant came by in Plaza sector three not long after, begging for a new rifle. Taking pity on him Skronk yelled in zone, "Hey I have your gun want it back?" The runner ran by unawares. Skronk chased him down and said "STOP I have your gun, I'll give it back." and threw the street rifle on the ground in front of him. The nameless runner grabbed the gun and ran off, wordless.

Skronk went on to be part of many stories in the harsh world of Neocron, his being one story of so many.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:13
Runner "Nytewolf2k7"

It all started on one sunny morning in the wastelands, I prepped for the mission, equipping my best armour and guns, and met my friends, Claud and Boris, at Regants Fortress.

I was a Rifle spy, Claud was a GenTank, who prefers heavy weaponry and Boris was a Psi Monk, who prefers the passive arts....

We took the time while in Regants fortress to stock up some ammo and medkits, then we boarded Claud's Rhino and headed west along the well worn track to Regants Legacy...

Soon enough, we were attacked by mutants... Claud took the gunners chair and began cutting through the mutants as though they were butter, soon there was no mutants left standing... Then we continued our journey.

I was beginning to think this was going to be easy, but we were soon attacked by another group of mutants, who seemed different from the first group, in that they threw grenades that seemed to do more damage, Aggressors were among them too.

Needless to say, Claud cut through them again...

It would be my first trip to Regants Legacy, little did I know what horrors would await me and my team when we got there...

We soon reached our destination, Regants Legacy and found dead bodies of soldiers littering the area, I begun to wonder "What killed these men?"...

My question was answered when we opened the main door, we were attacked by parasites, It took us about 10 minutes to kill them all, but when we did, we made sure we were prepared once more...

There was a crazy guy in the entrance hall, he kept mumbling about Mutants and his team of soldiers, as well as something about someone he loved… Poor guy, what happened to him to make him lose his mind like this?

Anyhoo, slowly but surely we were making our way deeper and deeper into Regants Legacy, finding more dead bodies and some stronger (and stranger) mutants, we were cutting through them, but not like the mutants outside though, these were tougher.

Eventually we came to the High Security Detention Area, where we were faced with something called “Genotoxic Nightmare”, It was a nightmare all right, but we killed it. Not to mention the things it spawned, which we killed with some Area Effect Weaponry, though I just attacked them one-on-one…

The Nightmare dropped a keycard of some sort, I searched the room and found a storage box. The storage box had a slot for a keycard, so I inserted the keycard I found and the box opens, revealing a container.

We fought our way back to the top floor of Regants Legacy and showed the container to the Corporal Lines, where we were told to head to Tech Haven, but that was a story for another day. Our goal in Regants Legacy was completed.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:13
Runner "VoWZaRICK"

This story took place long ago, before Reza's enemies ran off to the dome. Those were dangerous times with both allies and enemies living amongst each other in Neocron. Back in those days I belonged to the Neocron Intelligence Agency, serving Reza as a proud City Admin runner. I had been promoted to Director of NIA, so the burden came upon me to use NIA's full potential in the battle against Reza's enemies.

The story I'm about to tell was one of our covert ops. For a long time details about this mission have been classified, and apparently not too many people besides those involved in the mission that day know the truth. But as I am no longer part of NIA or City Admin I am no longer bound by my vow of silence and I can share the truth of what happened this day.

In these days Neocron didn’t have a zoo yet. As the city decided to build a zoo they thought it would be a good idea to test this idea. It was decided that a Viarosso apartment would serve to display dangerous wasteland mobs. Officals made the announcement and everybody was enthusiastic to see these beasts from up close since seeing them from this close in the wild would mean death for them. Both allies and enemies gathered to enjoy this event. As you can imagine, security was very tight and the officials stressed that no one was to use force during the event.

At that point NIA saw an opportunity for a great covert operation that would permanently damage the reputation of our enemies. I quickly scrambled a crack-squad of NIA agents, those unfamiliar with the use of heavy weapons were trained in the use of harmless Self-constructed Trash Grenades (aided by a quick chemical LoM therapy). Armed with few grenades each the NIA agents arrived at the event and mingled with the crowd. At my sign the agents took out their grenades and threw them around the room.

Although little damage was caused by these grenades the desired effect was reached. Runners started attacking each other and many fell to the floor as others raced to the elevator. Needless to say, the NIA agents that started it all were first to reach safety. The job didn't end there. As other runners poured out of the apartment our agents started spreading news of who started the violence that disturbed this event. Without too much effort other runners believed us and started spreading the news that it were Reza's enemies who started the violence. This showed everybody how ruthless the enemy was and that there could never be peace with them.

It came to my attention that even today runners that were there still believe it were Reza’s enemies that started the violence, while in fact it was a carefully planned NIA operation. So now the truth is out.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:14
Runner "DFox"

Many ... many years ago on the planet Terra (those day's called Uranus) there was a group of friends ... ppl that share the same idea's and would allway's have eachothers back in trouble. They where called Dbrotherhood and gave their trust to NEXT. We had a great Faction Councellor named Alex Starr and everything was going allright for the Faction. Now on a rainy day we had a meeting organised to layout oure plans to uphold the bigger becomeing thread of the anti-city's ... everything was set into place ... security was high and all allied friends where getting ready to meet at the secret location ... until ... suddenly we heard a cry for help over Alliance channel ... it was Alex Starr ... brutely being attacked at his appartment and took away by his kidnappers ...
We didnt know what was going on ... didnt even knew who attacked him or what ... so we had oure meeting but insted of doing the layout it became a emergency meeting with oure allied friends. This meeting took place in the underground of Tech Haven and we where there with around 40 to 50 runners.
Plan was to split into smaller groups of 5 and go searching the wastelands for Alex Starr. So we went to the ASG getting out Troop Carrier's , Rhino's and Revelers ... has soon has we where ready some malfuctioning Cyborg came towards us ... holding no weapon or what so ever... just brabbling some loos words ... we upholded a Hold Fire and sended a killer squad to flank him just incase ... the few words he was mubbling where "Alex ... must selfkill and homebase almost finished ... secure sector E3". After he said it a few time's his voice became more hostile and he started shaking ... oure killer squad had full aim at him and where ready to blast his ass to kingdom kong when he said "Self Destruct secquence started" and we heard a countdown started from 5 ...4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 and he blew upp when we ran into cover. After checking if we still have all limbs and all we drove with oure army to sector E3 and what we found there was something u cant believe ... something u never have held has possible ... a complete army of Cyborg's ... guards , builders and high combat units ... they had placed a small incampment and in the middle of it a big cage with ... yes u guesed it ... Alex Starr ... a little dazed by the assault but still alive... We quickly made a assault plan (rhino's go into Flanking possition, Revelers go in frontal assault and try getting Alex out, the Troop Carriers drop off their soldiers and move back ... and so this massive attack started ... soon the sky was lit by the exploding barrels and gun fire from both side's ... we lost a few good men in that battle ... but we came out of it has victoriuos ... we safed Alex after a hard struggle that lasted 2 hours. We started the assault with 50 runners and came back with 43 , 2 injured wich included Alex Starr and 5 dead. This was a sad and hard lesson but this is how life goes at Neocron ... and its something that the runners that assisted us into this war will NEVER forget ... the picture's are burned onto the eye's ... i still have nightmare's about it ...

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:14
Runner "Zheo"

I met with the rest of the alliance members at the Tsunami sector exit, we proceeded to the Tescom outpost where we where greeted with many of our top scientists. Our mission objective? Protect the scientists and equipment at all costs. We knew H.I.B.O would attack so we steeled ourselves and checked out equipment. I had a full compliment of surgical kits, stamina boosters, nanites and ammo, my armour was fully repaired and my guns cleaned and checked to be in full working order.

The outposts alarms sounded as what can only be described as a flood of scrambler units poured into the outpost. I took aim at the nearest unit and started firing my heavy laser cannon. It's orange beam sliced into the scramblers armour, frying circuits and damaging it's power supply. For my efforts I was rewarded with a large explosion sending parts of it scattering everywhere. Tiberious was by my side firing into a second unit, his rifles beam cutting through a scramblers leg, sending it crashing to the ground. Again and again our two orange beams sliced through scrambler after scrambler but for each unit we dropped two more appeared. Other members of the alliance where doing like wise battling hard to stop them, when Ronald ordered our hackers to start collecting the code fragments from the secure boxes. With less fighters we had to re-double our efforts, so I stowed my laser cannon and pulled out my ray-gun cannon. The other gen-tanks followed suit and soon we started creating a screen of death blast after blast, rocket after rocket fired into the tidal wave of machines, burning chunks of metal metal from them flew past us, and their guns blasted back at us. I remember it clearly as one of them tore through my chest in few seconds I remind alive I saw the sky above me as I fell backwards, my last sight was of a psi monk standing above me, and a white glow coming from his glove. Everything went black, but only for an instant before my eyes re-opened and the hole in my chest was gone. I stood up collected my cannon, quickly thanks my savour and started firing again. I noticed that one of the other passive monks had cast defensive shields around Tiberious as blast struck him and glow furiously.

I was thankful for the monks support as we battled tirelessly for hours, day turn to night, sweat leaked form everywhere, my armour was now falling off from the number of times I had been hit, but with the monks help, none of us fell for long. Suddenly I noticed that fewer and fewer scramblers where appearing through the entrance, it must have been because H.I.B.O. was running out of units to send to us, it was not long before the last of the scramblers had been turned into scrap metal and we where victorious.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:15
Runner "Brammers"

It’s not a well know fact that I wasn’t the founder of Phoenix Ltd. It surprises a lot of people when I tell people that. The original founder of Phoenix was Zane Shadowfall. Once everyone finds out, they all ask how I become the CEO of one of the most powerful company in Fallen Angels.

It happened about 4 years ago. It wasn’t anything simple like, my boss saying “I’m retiring, the company is yours.” or something more pleasant.

No I become the CEO of Phoenix ltd by a process more commonly known as “Guns, politics and bullets.”

Here is the story of what happen on the day I became CEO. That day there was a faction meeting – nothing unusual about that, but that day was a bit special as Lupus Wonderboy, the Faction Assistant was in attendance. It was made even more special, as Lupus had awarded myself, Zane Shadowfall, Thonkus (Former Chief Scientist of Phoenix Ltd) and Trillian (Who worked for the Techhaven Security Council at that time) the first ever Free Thinker medals of the faction.

Then Zane Shadowfall took the chair to address the faction about the issues concerning the faction, as he was the Faction chairman then.

Now before this meeting, there had been lots of issues within the faction, which everyone felt was being caused by Technocrat and his clan Technocracy. Before the meeting, Zane has assured me he would address the issue of Technocrat and his clan at the meeting. Zane jokingly said he wanted to solve the Technocracy problem by “Putting a bullet in the head of Technocrat” but he knew, as the Chairman of Fallen Angels runner council, he could not do that.

As Zane addressed the faction, we all got the biggest shock of our lives. First, he turned over the CEO position to me, which really caught me off guard, and then he continued to address the faction, which turned out to be his final address to the faction.

These were his words. “I have a few personal issues that I have to resolve. I'm going on a personal mission away from Tech Haven. Away from Neocron and the Canyon. For all those original people who I have come to appreciate the friendship of...good luck I know you will all pull through. We have seen many new clans join the Fallen Angels. And it has been great to see us grow. However we have also seen people join who have caused nothing but strife and trouble for us. For that, I repay them the favour. Be safe all.”

At that moment he drew his weapon and shot Technocrat in the head, Zane then escaped to the wastelands to live the rest of his life as an outlaw of Fallen Angels. Once everyone got over the shock, I noticed a lot of people looking at me.

At that point, I realised my first few tasks as CEO of Phoenix Ltd were going to be very difficult to handle

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:16
Runner "ZYI"

A Day In The Life of ZYI.

As I stand in front of the Medicare building in Plaza 1, I catch a glimpse of a memory of the old days. There were people rushing to and fro carrying out their daily lives. Back in those days, you couldn't go anywhere within the city without passing someone. On that particular day in the past, it was my first trip to the monthly faction meeting. It was a great honor for me to get to speak in front of all the high ranking N.E.X.T. masters. Anyone who was anyone in N.E.X.T. would be there. As I walked up to the lift in Viarossa, I looked out to the sea, the sun was setting; it was the most beautiful site my young eyes had ever seen. My aunt and cousin came up to me and said "Ready to go in?", we went up the lift. The inside of the apartment was awesome. It was huge, with a glassed-in middle. It was the first time i had ever been in one of these grand apartments. I vowed that someday I would own one. I took a seat inside the glassed-in part. There were several rows of chairs. A few familiar faces popped in around me. After everyone was settled, the chairman, announced that a new person was going to give the report on one of the top clans. I almost froze right then. Ack! They chose me to go first! I was a pretty shy person, I had only spoken to a select few. I rose and walked to the podium. I proceeded to give a report on last month's crafting and how much it had earned. Suddenly, I was interrupted by Gdelic, a good friend of the clan whom I knew well. He had seen something I had missed with my untrained eyes. There was a spy present. They were stealthed. At once, chaos spread throughout the room and threats were issued. I stood there helpless and unsure of what to do. The chairman wispered to me to take a seat until they figured this out, then I could resume. So I sat and watched everyone buffing each other. After a short while, the person uncloaked and apologized for being sneaky. He had been asked to attend by one of the clan leaders. He was lectured on how untrustworthy that had made him appear. I was allowed to continue when things settled down. I gave my opinions on where I thought N.E.X.T. should be going. It was so wonderful to have my ideas heard. I went on to become a well-known crafter and had many more times of expressing my opinion.

Ahh, there's nothing like remembering the good old days. Now, I stand here a forgotten relic of the past. Will I reclaim my status as the ultimate crafter, or will I fade away? Only time will tell.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:16
Runner "Gunslinger"

I had recently joined SyncsUSA, i was very happy, we were a close knit unit, more then friends, we were family.
My leader Raoh called a meeting to warn us low lvls of an enemy to our clan, his name was Redwolf, the very name still sends a shiver down my spine.
I dont know why he hated us, but he did and it was his task to eliminate us all.
One day i was happily walking through pepper park 2, i turned the corner and there he was, staring at me. He was the most intimidating monk i had ever seen pure evil radiated from his eyes and the most menacing look i have ever witnessed. I knew i wasnt strong enough to take him, or even run away, so pulled my gun anyway. That day i died hard and fast.
I made it my goal to become a stronger PE, i knew that once i had honed my skills i might stand a chance.
A few months later i had perfected my skills, now was the time for revenge, i had become the hunter. Following a tip off i knew where to find him, he was in pepper park 1. I psyched myself up and ran through the sync, there he was about to go down a sewer no doubt finding someother hapless victim. I aimed my liberator and pulled the trigger, catching him unawares he was half dead before he realised what was happening, now he knew he had nowhere to run and had to fight. He lowered my health a few times with his holy lightning but it was too late, he fell to the floor. I never saw him again from that moment almost like was only a ghost on the wind.
NAtAS

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:17
Runner "Loki"

I awoke, abruptly, to the sound of the chorus of the Inquisitors at the old Crahn-Church and an unpleasant stench of dead rat. I moved my feet from out of the bed, and onto the shit-covered floor of my newly acquired apartment. Then, oddly, I smiled. It felt good to finally be away from the nonsensical burdens and political oppression of QuantumDelta and his Fallen Angels.

I dragged myself out of that slum I called an apartment and began to fulfil what now felt like my destiny. I had to build an army.

...The madness began on day-one. Against my better judgement, I had selected my second in command, Matt_UK. Matt was feared, nationally, for his ‘No-Mercy’ and politically incorrect approach to life in Neocron. The man was a maniac. He was undoubtedly the man for the job.

Matt began to recruit.
20-30-40 – in day one alone - the shape of things to come. By day-two, we hit the Eighty-Member mark, and Matt had already arranged and carried out a siege and take-over of Jericho.

Later that night, whilst the men were sleeping, I received a call from Hivemind - an ally and friend from the Guardian. “Fang, You better get your ass to Jericho” Hive said, “Kal and his boys are there. There’s at least ten of them. We can take ‘em”.
To which I replied “Kal and his boys?” I took a moment to stop and think. I lifted my head and said;
“I’ll see you there”.

I grabbed my RoLH and Liberator from the drawer, gave them both a Billie-the-Kid style spin, and clicked them into my Quickbelt. I hurried over to the GenRep. I paused, took a deep breath, and went for it.

With eyes-wide-open, the realisation sunk in. I was down in that underground alone. My hand reached across my belt and gripped the cold handle of my RoLH. I took another deep breath.
I left for the surface. They were everywhere. The swirly lights of high-tech weaponry were blinding, but I was not afraid.

I opened fire.

1-2-3... accurate bursts into the rifle spy, whom collapsed into a heap.
1-2-3... into the next spy – he quickly joined his friend in the dirt.
I caught a glimpse of two APU’s awaiting buffs from their PPU – and quickly grabbed the Liberator from my belt. I jumped onto the roof of the hack-terminal, and emptied clip-after-clip into the APU’s, until their corpse’s fell, ragdoll-style to an untimely and brutal death.

‘Click – Click – Click’, I heard from behind. The PPU was unbuffed. Hivemind was running toward us, unloading round after round into the PPU. I span, and circled him. Between us, we destroyed their life-line. We leapt from the building, and one-by-one, took out the remaining PE’s. The smell of victory was abundant. Surrounded by corpses, Hivemind turned to me and said;

“They fight like old-people fuck”.

Again, I smiled.
For the first time in my life, I had been almost solely responsible for genocide, and it felt good.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:18
Runner "Ghargoil"

You wanna know some of the highlights of my life story? Alright, fine, I'll indulge you.

I first got here when eNCHI and the Shadow Faction ran Pepper Park. This was way back before we established contact with the Dome of York again. These guys were all from the German and European population in Neocron -- and while their group wasn't known as particularly brutal or significantly disliked, they were a force to be reckoned with. With over a hundred members from four sub organizations, the Shadow Faction was serious business.

It was just a day fresh out of the vat at unnamed biotech corporation -- I'll let you figure that one out -- and I managed to meet them. The Shadow Faction was holding up the first sector of Pepper Park, all uncountably many of them. You wanted to pass through? You paid a fee. You wanted to die? You tried walking through without paying that fee. Alternatively, you could just turn around a go home.

I paid.

This other group, The Company, didn't.

The Company was this relatively large organization, anti-Reza, but simultaneously with strong ties to commerce -- at least that was my understanding. They were all well respected and relatively known and well established. When their leader, this psionic called Fatesender, refused to pay -- the Shadow Faction decided that he'd add a nice color to the ground and unleashed a hail of gunfire upon him. I don't know quite what kept me there at that point, but it was mostly shock that kept my feet frozen to the ground.

Other members of The Company flocked in -- some from the Plaza district, some from other parts of Pepper Park -- but even their significant firepower and skill were no match for the massive blockade taking place in the region. That is, till this one guy, Executor, strolled in from the Subway.

You didn't really notice him at first, he came in during the chaos and no one from the Shadow Faction was bothering to check for credit payment to pass through the sector anymore -- and as long as you were unarmed they didn't pay you any attention since they were too busy fighting the armed wing of The Company, mostly by the Plaza area. So he climbs up to this area near Neofrag, and that's when you first notice that he probably isn't just coming to watch. My retinal HUD was telling me this guy was ranked at two stars -- so unless my implant subsystem or the citizen database had been hacked, this guy was really serious business. Sure, I had seen one star ranks before -- hell, Fatesender ranked that -- but the only other two star I had ever seen was eNCHI himself.

In the meanwhile, the Shadow Faction's been taking some hits, but for the most part they've been consistent with dealing damage to The Company: Most of The Company's forces had been decimated, and the waves of revived paramilitaries had slowed to a near halt. Everything looked just about lost for anyone who wanted to stop the blockade.

Then everything changed. Executor pulled out what must have been the largest rifle I had ever seen, a real relic that can't even be found these days: an original HEW Raygun -- and he proceeded to surgically eliminate blockade members one by one. He was taking advantage of the chaos caused by the earlier fight. By the time the guys at the front realized that they were being hit in the back, it was too late.

And yeah, that's basically how the largest blockade in the history of Pepper Park got dismantled -- by one guy.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:18
Runner "Jest"

We were on Canyon guard duty when Minimajs came and told us.

"The information is real." He said.

A week prior, an informant sold us the exact meeting location of the top Tangent employees. Even better, the meeting was taking place in CA HQ. It was time to wake the citizens of Neocron up from their trance. We decided to storm the very heart of the city.

A large force would never make it through the protected sectors, so we gathered a small handful of people and met outside the HQ. The adrenaline coursed through my body as we prepared to storm the building. The psi monks chanted prayers to their fallen leader and created protective barriers around us.

I was the first to enter as I rushed through the sliding door. The City Admin guards were dead before their hands reached their guns. The employees hid behind the counters, but they were sheep. We were there for the shepherds. The information told us they were on the third floor.

As we stepped into the grav lift, it was surprisingly soothing. Only there would I gain any peace of mind in the place of my hated enemy.

City Admin guards had assembled in front of the Tangent meeting room. They tried to hold us off, but we were not concerned with collateral damage. Rockets and fusion shot down the hall, taking the guards and the wall behind it with them.

CryptoChronic kicked open the door and was the first to rush in. To our surprise, two STORM bots were waiting for us. Crypto was dead before he could blink. Was it a trap all along? There was no time for that. We fired into the room, taking as many Tangent with us as we could, but the STORM bots hit us back. It was time to leave.

We rushed back towards the grav lift. The calm I felt earlier was now noticeably absent. My hand shook as I tapped the trigger of my gun. As we reached the bottom floor, an army was waiting for us. NDA and System Shock. Tangent had called for back up.

We were pinned. Our leader Nexx cursed. “Our only option is to rush them.” He said, shooting a blast of fusion around the corner before turning his attention back to us. “As one, make your way to the door. When you get outside, scatter and return to the Canyon.”

Some one counted down from three. The Tangent reinforcements seemed genuinely surprised as we ran full speed at them. A bolt of plasma hit my arm, causing as much pain as I’d ever experienced.

I crashed through their lines and made it out, immediately retreating to the sewers. Several were with me, but many fell behind.

When we returned to the Canyon, we counted our numbers. Over half of us had fallen. The news feed reported a reactor explosion in CA HQ. The people would remain sheep. But at that moment, we seemed a little stronger, and Reza seemed a little weaker. Perhaps victory was possible.

SnowCrash
08-02-08, 13:19
Runner "Riddle"

I had been advised to level in the sewers, I still hear the sounds of those spiders when i think of that time and my stiletto slashing away, my First char Riddle hence the forum name.

I levelled with a RL mate to the aggies and then one night a PA wearing Tank entered the area and whooped everything in sight then vanished. He came back and done the same again! I thought man it would be nice to have a PA and kill shit that quick.

He threw the loot on the floor allowing me to take it for selling at Yo's

He then suggested i level outside, I said "Outside??"

"Sure Outside lol", "Haven't you been out there?"

No just these sewers and Level 1 i said.

"Right drop yer shit i'll show you and while we're at it i'll take you for a spin to TH as i need to go there."

"TH?" i said OMG remember those days?

Anyways We took the sub to some station then synched through to some Blast doors like some Star wars movie!

As they opened and the sun shone through i actually gasped at the scene, It was MASSIVE , Zone after zone we crossed passing a variety of very dangerous looking enemies and Loads and loads of buildings.

I couldn't wait to get a car like his and travel the unknown wastes it was so exciting.

We arrived at TH and we jumped out, he went to what i now know is the ASG to dismiss his vehicle. I looked around at the huge building and the oncoming Car speeding towards me.

Out jumped another tank and headed over to the ASG, busy here i thought.

I said Hello and he turned Pulled out this Fuckin' Huge Cannon and Shot The tank who had dropped me off dead in seconds, My heart Thumped as i tried to run up the ramp, where i was going i had no idea but staying there wasn't an option.

He passed me out in seconds and as he turned with weapon drawn i resigned myself to what was ahead......As i looked at the screen deciding where to genrep i felt a little gutted that i had not got to tag the genrep at TH tbh

As i repped to my apartment to recover my backpack i got a DM from that tank......."Welocome to Neocron" was what he said.

Thats NC for ya People

L0KI
15-02-08, 13:21
Woooooo!

I actually (Tied) WON! (Congrats to Brammers also)

Can't remember winning anything, ever before...

So Snow... What 'Nifty' in game items can the winners expect? :)

Brammers
15-02-08, 13:40
Yeah! Well done to Loki as well!

William Antrim
15-02-08, 13:44
Yeah well done boss.

I tried to get mine in on time but when it got to 8,000 words I knew I wasn't gonna make it.

What did you win guys?

L0KI
15-02-08, 13:48
No idea man... O_o

Hopefully 27 WoC Discs, and one of every WoC weapon. :rolleyes:

SnowCrash
15-02-08, 13:50
Thank you for your participation. The final results as well as which prizes are being given out will be anounced tomorrow during the day.

Matanius
15-02-08, 15:21
Congrats guys. Also thank you to everyone who submitted, I personally enjoyed reading every one :D

VoWZaRiCK
15-02-08, 16:35
and one of every WoC weapon. :rolleyes:

Just the disks will be fine thx ;)

Mr Jeff
15-02-08, 17:33
Just the disks will be fine thx ;)
Good job rigging a tie for second place!

L0KI
15-02-08, 17:37
Good job rigging a tie for second place!

lol - he didn't do bad with his rigging efforts ;)

Tbh though, if i were giving away free weapons for votes, I'd have wanted more than 6 votes out of it! :lol:

VoWZaRiCK
15-02-08, 18:08
lol I only started this morning and it only lasted for like an hour, so 2 extra votes still isn't bad (especially since it got me out of the danger zone)

So if 5 people win something, will KK give both DFox and Zheo a price? since they're tied on 5th place...

L0KI
15-02-08, 18:28
Good point - there's not really a top 5.... just a top 6

VoWZaRiCK
15-02-08, 18:41
I think it would only be fair if Zheo and DFox both get a prize, especially regarding certain deadline-related issues.

L0KI
15-02-08, 18:43
I think it would only be fair if Zheo and DFox both get a prize, especially regarding certain deadline-related issues.

Good point ;)

Jest
15-02-08, 19:12
Grats guys.