PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Neocron 3

CHA0S
07-02-08, 20:08
I heard that there will be a Neocron 3 in the future with a new graphic's engine hopefully the rumour is true....... but like most is just as it is....rumours.

Someone care to comment in the KK regime whether this is true or not.

Probably wont but im concerned in the way Neocron is going is all.

If not an NC 3 is there going to be a big content update? or simular in the very near future?

Nidhogg? Hoder? something has gotta give spill da beanz

Mighty Max
07-02-08, 20:13
I doubt that KK is going to be in primary development state for two completely differents MMO's. (BP and a rumored NC3)

It's very likely that the rumor is just based on missunderstandings of what BP is.

BaDDaSS
07-02-08, 20:15
NC is going to pretty much stay as it is until the playercount trickles down to a number where KK end up paying more for server rent than the subscriptions cover.

Then they'll shut it down.

I believe all but one staff member is now working on Black Prophecron ;p

William Antrim
07-02-08, 23:58
I heard a rumour...... (see - I just made this up).

naimex
08-02-08, 00:06
I heard that there will be a Neocron 3 in the future with a new graphic's engine hopefully the rumour is true....... but like most is just as it is....rumours.

Someone care to comment in the KK regime whether this is true or not.

Probably wont but im concerned in the way Neocron is going is all.

If not an NC 3 is there going to be a big content update? or simular in the very near future?

Nidhogg? Hoder? something has gotta give spill da beanz

Since no one else gave you any real answer, I will.

At the launch of Neocron 2 - Beyond the Dome of York, the rumours already stirred about Neocron 3 - New Tokyo or Tokyo II, can't remember which of them was the title.

And before we continue down the road, there were suggestions for Neocron 4 - Returning from Irata III or just plain simple Irata III

The planet that most of the population left for when the wastelands overtook the majority of the game-planet.

The chances of a Neocron 3 are very very distant.

The coming soon™ you are referring to, is most likely the 1st of April .... 2023

Sorry to bash your hopes, but the sooner you face reality, you can start enjoying the game you have.

If you don't expect anything, you will always be positively surprised when you're getting some.

Riddle
08-02-08, 00:48
The last official word I remember came at the back end of 2006 from Holger Nathrath, CEO of Reakktor Media.

When asked the Question :

Have there ever been plans to develop a new Neocron 3?

We would lie if we would say that this topic has not been considered in the past. The whole team still cares about Neocron very much. After four years of operating Neocron, we know its strengths and weaknesses quite well. Conforming to the current specifications, the competitive situation on the MMOG market in general and the upcoming releases of titles similar to Neocron, such a project would be difficult to realize.

flib
08-02-08, 02:46
If you don't expect anything, you will always be positively surprised when you're getting some.
.. or in the case of Windows, you won't be disappointed.

Kanedax
08-02-08, 09:44
NC is going to pretty much stay as it is until the playercount trickles down to a number where KK end up paying more for server rent than the subscriptions cover.

Then they'll shut it down.

I believe all but one staff member is now working on Black Prophecron ;p

Disclaimer: Very drunken rant ahead.

That is highly unfortunate as KK doesnt seem to realize that they will lose a vast number of players if they choose to shut down Neocrack in favor of this omg im flying a fkin space ship game. It may just be me but honestly, I enjoy having a person as a character. Its something I can identify with and it is how people know me. In NC most of the hardcore players know me, maybe not well but they recognize the name, not because I'm the best pvper, not because I'm even remotely close to being one of the best pvpers or any of that shit. People know me because of my activity in game. I'd rather not have something I'd worked so hard on go away in favor of a friggin space ship. I like the friends I've made in NC, almost everyone I've met in this game is a great person and if NC goes the way of Moses or Heath Ledger I will be severely disappointed. Black Prophecy will never measure up to what Neocron could be or even what it is. I will strongly say that Neocron, despite the bugs, despite everything wrong with it, is THE best game I have ever played and I will be very sad to see it go.

aenema
08-02-08, 11:27
I don't get how KK thought Black Prophecy could be a success...

Well ok if it's a fast action packed 1st person/cockpit space shooter and you can walk in stations and steal others ships in hangars and land on planets and ... I'm in ;)

If not there's EVE :/

as for NC3... I guess I'm not counting on it though I know if there ever was a NC3 I would quit my job and get a 1 year subscription :)

If there ever was a NC3 the biggest challenge would be to make the game more appealing to a large number of players while not killing the concept of the game. In a way it might be because of the low population that we love Neocron I guess ... makes community tighter and stronger maybe.

Riddle
08-02-08, 13:06
Tbh,
If they EVER do a neocron 3, let's just say they better not call it Neocron 3 :p

nellus
08-02-08, 13:32
I don't get how KK thought Black Prophecy could be a success...

So you know all about Black Prophecy? you know how its going to run what the players will be able to do or not do?

If so please tell us because none of us know, so we can't judge it.

Neocron 3 would be nice to do after BP is all up and running.

landofcake
08-02-08, 15:04
I think it's a bit strange that so many people are already juding black prophecy to be a 'failure' when we barely know anything about it ...

Matanius
08-02-08, 16:19
Tbh, I think it's most people's immediate reaction because they see BP as an immediate threat to NC itself. I myself do not see it like this. If anything I see it as a platform to propel NC into a better future and hopefully a new NC game :D

Of course I have no idea what KK/10tacle have planned but my hope is that BP is a success. Once it is established then KK can pump money into a new NC game.

Maybe just wishful thinking....

Bob Arctor
08-02-08, 16:24
I think it's a bit strange that so many people are already juding black prophecy to be a 'failure' when we barely know anything about it ...

Yep it puzzles me too. I also find it amusing that people think 10tacle have just flipped a coin for 'FPMMO/SPACE MMO' and it came up Black Prophecy rather than performing a substantial amount of market research suggesting that there is a gap in the market for the game they are producing.

I'm as dissapointed as anyone else that NC is dying, but it IS dying, and it's just not good business sense to pump more money into a game that's proven not to draw in the punters.

Would be nice if they could maybe sell the rights for Neocron off to another developer though.

zii
08-02-08, 17:24
...And if someone could point me to a nice cool premade A3 quality poster for NC then I would print it off and post it around where I live. Preferably one made by KK. (I don't have the time available to edit someone elses partially completed posted - It would eat into NC playtime :)

MoonDragn
08-02-08, 18:16
If they think Black Prophecy is going to corner the market, they will be in for a rude awakening. Several other game companies are making first person space based MMOs like that one. Its not going to be unique nor will it be a big market. In the past its always been a niche market as alot of people are just not into twitch combat. Thats why games like WOW has been so popular.

Necron is really unique in its cyberpunk atmosphere. I think a Necron 3 can really kick off if they go back to the traditional elements that make Cyberpunk so popular. First is the atmosphere. A techno Japan in a futuristic setting should be interesting, however it first needs to have an accurate historical progression from the modern cities of Japan. Next is the culture, Japanese culture has a mix of the exotic with the amalgam of what works for other cultures. Often you see a mix of traditional with the modern. Same should still be true for the future.

If they do make Necron 3, here are the things I would hope to have :

- Ease of the UI interface. Should not have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the User interface, keeping it simple but with the option to customize it any way you want.

- Atmosphere and background relative to the culture. If we're going to be in a future Tokyo, it better feel like Tokyo and not some stereotype.

- PVP should have a purpose, Corporate wars, demonic invasions whatever, if the story basis is good enough, people will want to pvp. Shouldn't have to be forced.

- Cooperative team mechanics is fun. I really like the idea of vehicles and gunners in Necron. If that can be futher expanded it would really make for interesting games.

- Technology. I like the technology already in necron but there can be so much more. The future is full of limitless ideas and technology should be so advances as to mimic magic. Gates to other worlds, gates to other dimensions etc are all possible. Singularities, time travel, the skies the limit.

- Hacking, with technology comes the ability to understand it, to manipulate it. The hacking in Necron seems interesting but there could be so much more added to it. Can you travel to other worlds through a virtual one? Can you alter reality? Can you exist in both worlds at the same time? use one to alter the other etc etc.

- vehicles. I love the ground, air vehicles, but what about Mechs, space craft, underwater craft, subterranean? Heck imagine black prophecy as an extension of the Necron world into space?

Can probably come up with a million more ideas but ultimately I am sure everyone has a dream game idea they would love to see.

aenema
08-02-08, 18:58
They lied to us.

Black Prophecy is just NC3 with spaceships.

CHA0S
08-02-08, 19:15
thx for the discussion and all ppl

ill just sulk and go back to the dark corners of the forum again hehe

i just hope NC carries on forever........here's hoping. :cool:

Zheo
08-02-08, 22:20
give me a few million chaos and i'll make you a nice NC alternative :p

nobby
09-02-08, 02:38
I remember the first BP thread...

people including me want a 1st person spaceship game with the chance to walk around it while it flies.
Also where you can board other people's too, and fight for it as a fps gunbattle raid.

But KK never said anything back to the comments about this.

So truth be told, i am not one who is looking forward to this game.

for spaceships i'll just stick to EVE online until i see something bloody spectacular ! :(

CHA0S
09-02-08, 19:04
give me a few million chaos and i'll make you a nice NC alternative :p

if only i win the euro lotto hell probably buy NC and get some coders to build NC 3 :lol: :lol: :lol: first thing to be fixed.........sync ROFL :angel:

Project-2501
10-02-08, 10:36
Well we all know NC is almost dead on its ass once again.. ever since the free 1mth activation of accounts everyone came back, sore that nothing really changed and left.. IF!!! there was an nc3 wich i cant c happening not the BP on the cards but if there was, it would have to be a totaly new mmo.. they cant just bring out a nice big shiney patch like domy of york and we all move are alts over again..

There are so many things wrong with nc right now it would cost more money and more time to try and fix the problems that to start voer again..

But havin said that I would love KK to remake NC new quest, mission new woc stuff woc for apus would be nice, or even some woc imps am sure we all have 100's of ideas, not sure about u guys but i been in Nc since nc1 around beta 3-4 and would love to see Neocron to live on.. let just hope its not just in are memories..

Project-2501
10-02-08, 10:39
I was just thinking what if KK did make an NC3 what would they think about doing different...

Just wanted to know what u guys think.. What would u like to c changed.. not just the bug issues, exploits and hack problems..

ie ideas for the game play, like woc for apus new missions maybe Woc imps and so on..

naimex
10-02-08, 12:22
I was just thinking what if KK did make an NC3 what would they think about doing different...

Just wanted to know what u guys think.. What would u like to c changed.. not just the bug issues, exploits and hack problems..

ie ideas for the game play, like woc for apus new missions maybe Woc imps and so on..

There is a huuuge gap between making neocron 3, and remaking neocron..

Making neocron 3 as you say in this thread would imply that they made things slightly different, added maybe another continent new missions, new level caps, more variety in playable character types.

Remaking neocron, you are referring to them starting from line 1 in the code and creating everything again, with minor alterations but the majority of changes in the code that runs it.

If they did neocron 3, they would do things more or less the same way, it would just be a content upgrade, since a good deal of the bugs that people want fixed, are probably just small error in the code that is used again and again, and a neocron 3 would most likely just use the same code as its foundation, since it's pretty expensive getting / creating a new "engine" and recoding everything to adapt to it.

If they remade neocron, a lot of things would be different, but they would still have to pay the huge price of getting / creating a new engine, and an even bigger cost in developer hours since everything had to be made from line 1, but even then there aren't any guarantees. They will most likely avoid most of the problems they've met so far, because they have gained a lot more experience since they started, but there will always be problems, so it will most likely just be new ones, new places.

And last but certainly not least, what you are describing "what would people like to see, not just bug fixes and stuff", that is the reason for the brainport thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141298).

If this sounds like I'm bashing you, then please understand I'm not.. But we've had millions and billions of threads on the subjects "what would you like to change", and we actually lost our once glorious brainport forum, that got replaced by a single thread, just because people kept making posts about what would you like different, instead of using the brainport forum to write your ideas, with reasoning behind it, and how you would like to change it, without screwing over the entire game.

Then people could come by, read your proposed idea, and your reasoning behind it, and then he or she could come with his or her input with alternative suggestions, or maybe suggestions to problems that you hadn't thought of, and over a period of time, you could have narrowed it down to a concrete simple solution that still gave the desired effect without scrweing over any part of the game.

What the old brainport forum really needed, as the only thing that could be better in it, was developers who looked at it, and considered the ideas and changes, and replied "it's an interesting idea" or "we can't do that" or just anything, but even they are busy people, I know from personal experience that the brainport forum was actually being read by some of the developers, but they were too busy to formulate a proper reply or read it all the way through, so they didn't have all the input to reply in a professional fashion.

So please, just use the brainport thread for ideas regarding changes to the game, it's what it's there for, and who knows, if people started using it again, I mean really using it, we might get the forum back, so you could actually name your threads about what the idea involved, instead of just have it all mashed together in a big bowl of mixed soup.

Habrok
10-02-08, 12:39
Thread Merged.

Thankyou Kindly,

Habrok