PDA

View Full Version : Lack of GM Events

Zheo
05-02-08, 23:56
It's febuary and nothing new in the mags, nothing about the new story line, all i've heard of is a mutant attack in pepper, also the rain on mb by doy troops.

Come on KK I know 99.9% of your staff have been conscripted into the 10TACLE

But still give us some fun, p2 is NOT fun, it's just an alternative to halo 1 games lol

Jest
06-02-08, 00:13
Heh, yah some story line advancement would be cool. But as for GM events, shoot, I'm on the West Coast so I've been to maybe one GM event in my entire playtime in NC, lol. Guess I can't blame em though. Why do an event for 2% when you could do one for 10%.

VoWZaRiCK
06-02-08, 03:03
As Council Chairman in Tangent I am trying to get events going (aside from the storyline events that the faction assistant brings). Perhaps other factions should start having a more active faction council as well. I think they are the perfect method for runners to get their ideas up with the event organizers through the faction assistant.

I'm just talking about things I remember from NC1 here, but why doesn't next organize an event at the desert racetrack, some races and destruction derbies... stuff like that. I'm sure that the faction assistant and GM's will be happy to cooperate in those things.

edit: has that Drone racetrack in TH ever been used in an event actually?

aKe`cj
06-02-08, 05:46

Yes ...there used to be scout-races as well as knockout tournaments... back then GMs spawned crate-walls with tiny holes as obstacles to make it more of a challange.

Zheo
06-02-08, 08:39
I tried getting some support for player events, but helpdesk wasn't very helpful. someone change the address to "unhelpfuldesk@neocron.com"

The problem with player events is that twats turn up and ruin it for everyone simply because their egos out size their manhoods by a factor of a million billion. And they can't stand having such tiny manhoods, so they have to wave them in everyones faces hoping you'll mistake it for something bigger.

solling
06-02-08, 11:29
hide city mercs to be protection and dont allow ppus to come other then u then people wont fight in fear of dying ;)

and have a chat with the clans leaders if u can see if they can at least keep their people outta trouble

Matanius
06-02-08, 12:23
Hmmmm...I've just had an idea.....

William Antrim
06-02-08, 13:46
Without wishing to sound like a flame - how about organising an event Zheo? You could RP it as the Angry Apes PVP tournament or something. Make like a fight night thing like we used to have. It takes the whole of a few mins to organise, spam trade like hell with a time and date and get a couple of ppus as security.

You could even make a thread about it on here instead of making these "bitching" threads once a month or so. :D

VoWZaRiCK
06-02-08, 14:46
Without wishing to sound like a flame - how about organising an event Zheo? You could RP it as the Angry Apes PVP tournament or something. Make like a fight night thing like we used to have. It takes the whole of a few mins to organise, spam trade like hell with a time and date and get a couple of ppus as security.

You could even make a thread about it on here instead of making these "bitching" threads once a month or so. :D

Please abandon this idea ;) something similar is already in the works (though perhaps a bit bigger than just calling people on chat), but give us some time to get it all sorted out.

Zheo
06-02-08, 20:12

I was going to do just that actually, the only problem is, my new hours at work at 4am till 12am, meaning I go to bed around 8pm. Which is when everyone else is kinda logging in. So I'm thinking of doing it around my days of depending on what they are, maybe saturday nights.

Riddle
06-02-08, 22:17
Started a thread a little while back Sayong it was about time we had a new event.

Like the Derby, olympics etc.

I would welcome any event!! Player or GM

Lula Lovelips
07-02-08, 00:03
In the spirit of the American elections we should elect a new event GM to get us new events!

Sharper Blade
07-02-08, 00:23
there should be a section of gms that dont handle tickets, they only do events?

Bordellsmurfen
07-02-08, 02:51
there was a small mini event outside next hq. mass spawn of evil spiders, was very fun but to little time. shouild have been longer and maby some lgic behind it. yeah right a million high lvl spiders come from nowhere to attack next hq. how about high lvl aggressors and acolytes or somthing from the sewers that crawl up to attack a hq or somthing

anyway cheers for the minievent, would like to see some more of that kind of envolvment to the game :D

Voodoo_Magic
07-02-08, 05:21
[ edited ]

Jest
07-02-08, 07:01
[ edited ]
Damn, really? That sucks if true, can you find the quote for my sake?

naimex
07-02-08, 09:50
naimex is always right!

Quotes mean nothing.

Besides you can just make your own events, you're a big boy/girl whatever.

Zefrian
07-02-08, 11:39
I tried getting some support for player events, but helpdesk wasn't very helpful. someone change the address to "unhelpfuldesk@neocron.com" Did you already tried to contact Chenoa?

Freki
07-02-08, 11:42
well zheo,

wasnt your wedding last friday? wasnt that a supported event?

Chenoa
07-02-08, 11:47
It's febuary and nothing new in the mags, nothing about the new story line, all i've heard of is a mutant attack in pepper, also the rain on mb by doy troops.

It's true, there is a lack in the new storyline because of different issues - we are working on it!

Long time ago.

I tried getting some support for player events, but helpdesk wasn't very helpful. someone change the address to "unhelpfuldesk@neocron.com"

Really sad to read this Zheo, you know for a long time now where to write for support of player events ( chenoa@reakktor.com )

In the spirit of the American elections we should elect a new event GM to get us new events!

I am still briefing more GMs for being Event Assistants ;)

there should be a section of gms that dont handle tickets, they only do events?

I am still here ? ^^ (Event Official)

Besides this: Since a few weeks now, there are events all over every 2-4 days different kinds of. You should try to keep your eyes open, it's more going on as you get it seems =)

For suggestions, ideas etc. my Mailbox is still open as usual (since years now :P) Chenoa@reakktor.com. We will handle it =)

Chen

Jest
07-02-08, 17:43
Thanks for the response Chenoa! Is there any plans to reimplement the Faction Counsellor program? Was always a great way to have events that weren't just spawn events. I remember one time my Black Dragon clan kidnapped and tortured the City Admin FC. Was an awesome roleplaying experience, would be nice to be able to do stuff like that again.

VoWZaRiCK
07-02-08, 17:44
The faction counsellor program still exists... I have been doing almost nothing but talking to the Tangent faction assistant and Tangent players for the last weeks. I think it's the players that kinda let this slide.

naimex
07-02-08, 18:05
The faction counsellor program still exists... I have been doing almost nothing but talking to the Tangent faction assistant and Tangent players for the last weeks. I think it's the players that kinda let this slide.

I think my Faction Councillor is Tamara daSilva Lightbreaker ... but I haven't seen her for a couple years :p

TFAFC is MIA (The fallen Fallen Angels Faction Councillor is Missing In Action)

Abbreviations are fun ....

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=101572&highlight=tamara

Zheo
07-02-08, 18:07
I want to meet with Melcom CM FA. Loads of things to discuss with him, including your crappy Tanget Speed Gun... which by the way is a hunk of junk.

If tanget cant supply decent weapons maybe Biotech should just disolve you? harhar....kidding....almost

Riddle
07-02-08, 18:11
Exists... yes... but utilised?

I know you have been busy yourself Vow ;) but some of the other faction chairman/assistants are not active, some are not even in game. how many noobs even know of the voting system?

If Faction Roleplay is going to return it needs to be from all sides so the list should be updated. In fact with all the changes i.e. Faction counsellor, ceres team, faction assistants and so on it can become very confusing for all but the vet pops here.

As for clan leaders they need to know their responsibility in game also, I would love to see a return of council objectives and clans providing the cannon fodder for the Factions wishes!!

And for those clans without leadership of their Faction in place?

Now we are all back in Neocron what better time to bring back Faction relations or hostilities as the case may be.

Jest
07-02-08, 18:20
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=101572&highlight=tamara
Heh, totally forgot I was the FCA. I miss Kirja. She was kick-ass, and was one of the main reasons we had moved to BD in the first place.

VoWZaRiCK
07-02-08, 21:09
well you guys should run for the council in your faction and inform your faction of the votings... Then you mail your faction assistant. That worked for me. I wouldn't love anything more but to have other factions that are active as well (I wouldn't mind having a sit-down with representatives of other factions either).