PDA

View Full Version : Pick your 5 favourite weapons

awkward silence
04-02-08, 15:49
Here we go... pick a few and rank em up... then say what you would like to have in nc thats not.

Mines a Judge... coolest thing ever made in nc. Pretty much used one always since 2003. Far behind comes the Silent Hunter... And i dream of a revolver (like in HL2)

So...

!. Judge
2. SH
3. PE or TSU
4. Teh Baseball bats
5. (the future, not yet implemented revolver)

Wouldnt notice for a while if all the other weapons were gone...

I like the way melee worked pre nc2 (nc1) and if it did id add the baseballbat on my list.

ps. I like the ionic shotgun weapons idea too, but dont like to use them for some reason. They feel like your holding the wrong wee wee in your hand :lol:

Riddle
04-02-08, 15:54
Here we go... pick a few and rank em up... then say what you would like to have in nc thats not.

Mines a Judge... coolest thing ever made in nc. Pretty much used one always since 2003. Far behind comes the Silent Hunter... And i dream of a revolver (like in HL2)

So...

!. Judge
2. SH
3. PE or TSU

Wouldnt notice for a while if all the other weapons were gone...

I like the way melee worked pre nc2 (nc1) and if it did id add the baseballbat on my list.

Top five>? and you list Three?:confused:

Anyways......

1. My Constructor Tool - not much damage but then there you go ;)
2.CS - All arti Ultimated
3. As above
4. As above
5. As above

:)

CMaster
04-02-08, 16:02
1. Terminator. First rare I ever had, and damn fun to use, pretty effective too. Unfortunatley,my first termi got wiped out in a rather odd bug - I ended up with two weapon part 7s [or something] in a cabinet that should have had a termi and one WP7.
2. Moonstriker. Its a huge, multi-fire rocket launcher that doesn't get anything like enough loving.
3. Energy Soulblade. Its a purple lightsaber, formed from the body of the most etheral creature you ever did see [and get owned by]
4. Desperado. I've always liked the balance of rate of fire, damage and range that the street rifle series provides. The fact that KK finally delivered one to me with a higher TL than 42 was a happy realisation.
5. Cursed Soul. Its a damned huge plasma cannon. What else is there to say?

What would I like to see?
Some kind of hi-tech rapidfire cannon [pulselaser? something else?]
An assault rifle that feels and looks like an assault rifle, rather than a sub-machinegun. Maybe hitech - a Gauss assult or something.

StevenJ
04-02-08, 16:07
1) Healing Light
Used mine to cap in the Juggies.. that thing used to waste wbs so well... I spent years being a tech collector

2) (pre 2.2)Slasher
even firing it felt and sounded dangerous :p

3) Silent Hunter
given how crap I am up close, this is my chosen alternative

4) First Love
similar to 2), feels like it should throw you back 5 feet each time you shoot it

5) The fusion rifles - I still remember my first wb hunting sessions around the house in F08, watching these blobs of light fly off into the fog, waiting a few seconds for the red numbers - it was awesome and makes me want to log in to kill wbs right now :angel:

(yes, I like rifles :D)

Honourable mention to the Enhanced Assault rifle, when I first felt like I was capable of doing real damage, and the Beam of Hell - used it to hunt techs on my pistol spy. Oh, and the Malediction, there's something satisfying about using it.

I'd like to see a claw-hammer for melee, that would look painful... or a big, square, red brick, it'd look great for caving someone's skull in.

danmalone
04-02-08, 16:30
So...

!. Judge
2. SH
3. PE or TSU
4. Teh Baseball bats
5. (the future, not yet implemented revolver)

1. CS... Spent a good hour or two in NF yesterday and its just the pure sexage.
2. Silent Hunter... same reason as StevenJ ;)
3. First Love... (pre2.2) I miss Discos my Tsunami Syn First Love pe :mad:
4. Slasher... (pre2.2) :(
5. Redeemer... StevenJ prompted this 1 for one reason only.... EL FARID ;)

Dribble Joy
04-02-08, 16:46
Judge (of course).
Gat cannon (dakkadakkadakka!).
Mini launcher.
Raygun pistol.
Street rifles.

Skusty
04-02-08, 17:09
1. Judge
2. First Love
3. Assault Rifles
4. Ak47
5. Cursed Soul

L0KI
04-02-08, 18:09
- Ray of Last Hope (The former, blue effect)
- Ray of God (Loved it when ray guns fired blue)
- Pain Easer (I just love this gun... Can't explain it, just feels great to fight with)
- Cursed Soul (The old one, that looked uber)
- Malediction (That distinct glow of fusion is unmistakeable)

silent000
04-02-08, 18:31
- TL92 Pulselaser Pistol
- Wyatt Earp
- First Love
- Glock
- Judge

Deno
04-02-08, 18:31
Fave weapon would have to be the Devourer. Was my first 5 slot rare (still remember the day i got it :P)
1. Devourer
2. ^
3. CS (prefer old model style)
4. Ion Cannon (Love this weapon so much)
5. Equilibrium of Forces (pretty cool weapon, and the damage aint bad)

onero S
04-02-08, 18:58
1) Pre 2.2 hl, that thing felt like wielding a giant knife in the sky. The feeling if it stabbing down into you in a fight was scary as hell too.

2) Dev, the dmg you can pull off if you hit is amazing.

3) CS, was always the quintesental tank weapon in my eyes.

4) Slasher, it just feels like death

5) Old pre 2.2 holy pest. Seeing 3 stacks on you and knowing you very well might be dead was hilarious.

awkward silence
04-02-08, 20:03
Yeah the desperado seems awesome... but i havent one to try :(

and... i liked the ROG/ROLH too but... the ROLH is too high for a PE

solling
04-02-08, 21:00
1: Cursed soul
2: Liberator
3: Ray of God(old blue one)
4: Pain Easer
5: old holy lightning

aKe`cj
04-02-08, 22:27
1: Dagger of Crahn
2: Holy Fireball Blast (best weapon FX ever)
3: TL25 Uzi with flashlight, laser and silencer mounted.
4: mini rocket-launcher (we need a woc version, scorpion trike style!)

:p

...oh...and this (http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10606) of course :D

CMaster
04-02-08, 23:12
Holy Fireball Blast (best weapon FX ever)

I'd have to say that the old (pre-2.2) Flameavalanche was better, but depressingly Flameava now looks like a fireball blast, which is admiteddly awesome in its own way.

RogerRamjet
04-02-08, 23:13
1) Devils Grace. Used one on Roger before the melee boost. I had about 8 at one point because no one wanted the tech parts.

2) Cursed Soul. The ultimate tank weapon, especially the old skin. Memories of running like buggery when encountering a green swirly.

3) Devourer. Amazing weapon, great damage and great at killing your FPS. If you were good with it however you could take down almost anyone. I was quite good with it at one point :p Plus it made people with poor setups cry like children.

4) Pain Easer. Old School lotech PE with CA PA and Pain Easer. Great setup, great weapon, lots of fun.

5) Ray of God. When I briefly went cookie cutter. Great weapon to use, looked cool when combined with CA PA aswell. Shame it got fucked in the ass in NC2.

Dribble Joy
05-02-08, 04:55
I'm surprised at the number of Judges in some of those lists.....

Apocalypsox
05-02-08, 05:08
1.) The Revolver.
2.) My First Love. Fucking sexy gun.
3.) My Hunter. Gotta love pinging 700s off people without them even noticing
4.) Terminator. Awesome gun, and oldschool unlike that ion POS
5.) Would have to be the Desp. Gotta love a rare junk rifle. (And i just like semi auto rifles)

Notice they are all rifles :lol:

Maybe i need a new char :D

MotorMike
05-02-08, 09:30
1: reaper g11
2: Freeman
3: the old Libbi from nc1 (style&power)
4: all Plasma ( a bit of crap but stylish as hell Plasmadrones*g)
5: terminator (all Pumpguns) i wish the would be more like dum dum pumps :D

nellus
05-02-08, 09:36
1.) Doom beamer- Fantastic aoe leveling weapon, just watch you don't kill yourself

2.) Ravager - The long range sniper cannon of the tank world, excellent for warboting

3.) Beam of Hell - Excellent for leveling my PE

4.) RK1000 - Well what can't you do with an RK1000

5.) CM epic Gat - A must as a second weapon for tanks (imo)

What id like to see is a few different low end weapons for the beginners, wouldn't it be fun leveling with a Broken bottle or a BAseball bat with 6 inch nails in it. What about a home made crossbow that fire 9 inch nails.

jini
05-02-08, 09:45
1. First Love: tradition & NC trademark
2. AK47: fun & noise
3. Dissruptor/Healing Light: for the damage
4. The old crossbow, the new one is crap
5. And the new minirocket launcher & Redeemer for AoE/PvE

nabbl
05-02-08, 09:49
1. Cursed Soul (got a 5 slot artifact ultimated enlarged x-heated radioactive cursed soul with flashlight on my tank :P)
2. First Love (got a 5 slot artifact ultimated enlarged x-heated nova first love with laserpointer on my spy :P)
3. Silent Hunter
4. Old Executioner
5. CM Speed Gatlin (was fun on my former HC PE)

Seraphin[69]
05-02-08, 09:57
1 - AK47 to stare the tanks
2 - Slasher to drop the unbuffed
3 - The rare nailgun to stop the rezzing ppus
4 - The devourer for its damage
5 - The ion canon to kill the full HC tank's setups

awkward silence
05-02-08, 13:57
I'm surprised at the number of Judges in some of those lists.....

Me too :lol:

I mean... very few people use it as their main weapon, but everyone seems to like it?

William Antrim
05-02-08, 14:07
Judge, always been a personal favourite.

2. would have to be the CS

3. Probably the Freeman (as im jus getting to grips with it).

4. Holy heal....

5. Dunno, Moonstriker I think. Just used to love nailing my whole cave team with that when I first got to use it. :wtf:

naimex
05-02-08, 14:21
1: Malediction, gotta love the sound it makes when it fires.
2: Cursed Soul, I have a thing for green blobs.
3: Raygun Rifle, It's fun.
4: Moonstriker, Never know which way it goes.
5: Full frontal nudity, you can get whatever you want with it... either by taking your clothes off, or offering to put your clothes back on, to get the results you are looking for.

Cerbious
05-02-08, 15:04
1. My 5 slot CS (if i lose that i burn my computer and dance round the ashes before taking my own life).

2. Maladiction, as its been said nothing beats the glow.

3. Moonstriker, love the trail it leaves.

4. First Love

5. cant think right now i am rushed lesson just finished and kids need to leave / put laptops away.

DrRisk
05-02-08, 15:11
1.good lazar rifle (its awesumz)
2.RK1k
3.First love
4.MY FISTS!!!
5.Silent Hunter

SorkZmok
05-02-08, 15:42
First Love.

Then nothing for a long time.

Then the old Slasher.

If i ever feel like logging in again, i'm so gonna lom Kapow to use the FL again.

And on the Judge, as nice as it looks and performs, Xbow and Slasher still do better. And in the end people tend to just use the most powerful gun. :rolleyes:

Necpock
05-02-08, 16:07
1) Judge 2.1
2) Dev 2.1
3) All apu spells 2.1
4) Para 2.1

No particular order. Enjoy and remember the times :(

zii
05-02-08, 16:49
a torch

landofcake
05-02-08, 19:13
Both in no particular order:

Pre 2.2:

1. Healing Light
2. Executioner
3. Terminator
4. Ray of God (with the blue ray !!!)
5. Holy Lightning

Current:

1. Ion Shotgun Pistol
2. Liberator
3. Libra
4. Desperado
5. Redeemer

There's probably some more too ...

Jest
05-02-08, 19:28
1. Ray of God. People keep telling me how nerfed it is but I seem to be doing all right with it. :P And I love the red beam far more than I did the blue one.
2. Holy Heal. The best offence is a good defense.
3. Judge. The original pew pew.
4. Tangent Lightbringer 2 FR-345. I can't use the Redeemer so this is the next best thing. I LOVE PvE with this weapon. Sending bursts of fusion flinging across the terrain is awesome.
5. Rk-1000. Tasty ordinance.

Zheo
05-02-08, 21:38
1. EoF
2. Wocket Launcher aka Warhammer (though it's useless atm accept for kamis)
3. Car-47 aka AK-47
4. Silent Hunter
5. Ionic Shotgun cannon - good damage :p

Kanedax
05-02-08, 23:31
1. CS - Its soooo sexeh
2. Dev - if you know how to aim it it pwns
3. Pain Easer - just love it
4. AK-47 - good for takin down ppus
5. Creed - easy as hell to aim

Ghargoil
06-02-08, 01:38
1. Original beta raygun (original model)
2. Claw
3. Rocket Launcher (half cause its fun, half cause my spy used to be able to use it :p)
2. Raygun Cannon
5. Laser Pistol (original, especially)

RogerRamjet
06-02-08, 01:42
1. Cursed Soul (got a 5 slot artifact ultimated enlarged x-heated radioactive cursed soul with flashlight on my tank :P)

I had briefly in my possession a Cursed Soul with a laser pointer on it. I can't quite remember who's it was though, although it was more than likely smurfs.

Bordellsmurfen
06-02-08, 04:30
1. fire apoc<3 god i love that spell now :D
2. wyatt earp<3 always been my favorite, was my first rare wep ever:)
3. ion pistol
4. RoG
5. silent hunter

jini
06-02-08, 08:40
Bordell, you are a lover of single shot guns heh?

jini
06-02-08, 08:42
I had briefly in my possession a Cursed Soul with a laser pointer on it. I can't quite remember who's it was though, although it was more than likely smurfs.
God knows who has this weapon now... I think its in our hands, because Kazuya sold it already. If not, then its gone forever (if smurf got it)... Volde? do you have this? or am I wrong?

solling
06-02-08, 11:28
think kazuya must have gotten it from System Shock then

cylon had 1 or 2 from back in the beginning of the game when u could actually equip CS with laser

silent000
06-02-08, 11:38
1. fire apoc<3 god i love that spell now :D
2. wyatt earp<3 always been my favorite, was my first rare wep ever:)
3. ion pistol
4. RoG
5. silent hunter

Thank god someone agrees with me on the Wyatt Earp, this gun is one of the sexyest and nice sounding and feeling gun there is. I am right, you are all wrong, i win

awkward silence
06-02-08, 13:55
All my wyatts got a silencer... a lot of em are 120/120 with 3-5 free slots, so i can afford it. I like the gun but the noise is better with a supresser

RogerRamjet
06-02-08, 16:35
God knows who has this weapon now... I think its in our hands, because Kazuya sold it already. If not, then its gone forever (if smurf got it)... Volde? do you have this? or am I wrong?

I think its gone forever, along with numerous other amazing rare weapons.

naimex
06-02-08, 17:18

Dildo of Maven <3

_______
|______)) <-- It could even glow like a flashlight... :eek: 8| ... i think

jini
06-02-08, 17:44
I can't remember it.
It's either smurf who had it or Voldemort. If it's Smurf, then its gone to etternity. The only one left CS with laser. If it's Volde, he will tell us. But I think it's Smurf unfortunatelly

solling
06-02-08, 17:59
cylon have one as well tho he aint playing no more :(

Doc Holliday
07-02-08, 12:28
Favorite weapons.

Pe. plain and simple it was THE first ever weapon i had made and used efficiently on my pe. i specced for low tech and never looked back. that was around June or July 03 when i would play night and day and always the same char almost ;) also i had seen 3 of the best PEs on uranus at that time and they were rifle and i figured hell i want to be the 4th.

CS. nothing beat the feeling of watching 2 tanks fighting with CS and all that green plasma covering everyone and everything that stood too close. i actually deleted my tank the first time round because i was bored of levelling him at 93 strength and figured i would never get close to getting the parts for a cs during the early days of tankocron even if i was switching peoples techs when i ressed them ;)

Liberator. Chasing Shur'iken and Exazior (spelling might be wrong) apu/ppu team across jeriko with Wyatt blasting the shit out of them both with a lib and me slightly slower blasting them in the back. (both died before they got to the zone line)

Beam of Hell. Dunno why i liked this one but after i stuck a silencer on it it got sexier. Then it got even sexier still when i gave it to Poppa doc (trade skilling for the win) and Dr Zoidberg started talkin smack in plaza 1 (before the safezones were implemented circa nc2.0) and ol' Poppa cut him down right in front of the cop bots.

Moonstriker. Billy the kid never could use it properly. So often would a cave team get wiped out by stray rockets or Tech haven would come up for some "Renovations" while he was in there picking stuff up for the boys from Dbrotherhood. so many times i watched the same screen and laughed my heart out as the decorator begun his work.

i think honestly thats pretty much it. not much else i can mention as i really havent bothered playing with many guns that much anymore. those ones are definitly my favourites because of the good memories attached to them.

Bordellsmurfen
09-02-08, 06:55
Bordell, you are a lover of single shot guns heh?

hehe yeah :P the higher frq the more it miss even if u stand still pointed at the body. like libra, reaper, libby or any other high frq wep they miss lik 1/4 of the shells... and a slow wep u hit 1 shot and its like 15 small caliber shells...

damn duunno iam to tired to write lol :p

landofcake
09-02-08, 15:57
As of the other day when i actually tried HC on my tank ... i may have to revise one of my choices to the CS ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
10-02-08, 20:49
1)Libby
2)Earp
3)nudity
thats all I got