PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see more zones like these

JC_Denton2
31-01-08, 22:39
Although I love all the current Neocron zones, after running around every corner of the city it begins to feel small, I stumbled upon this area while exploring Neofrag. There should be more zones like these, it looks like a mixture of the three big zones with some nature thrown in. Here are some pics I took.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/new7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/new6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/new5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/new4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/new3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/new2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/enteriaagent/new1.jpg

RisingSun
31-01-08, 22:47
It's certainly my favourite of the neofrag sectors and if they introduced this and another zone or two in, that would be sweet, but... why?

It would take a lot of effort changing the other neocron zones to allow this one in. What would be inside? More sectors inside NC definitely makes it seem like a city but there are so few people spread out of so many zones already that i'm sure people would go there, have a look around and leave.

KK shouldn't work on this unless it was some sort of content zone that added new missions or Faction HQ or such.

landofcake
31-01-08, 22:56
It's a shame ViaRosso doesn't look like this.

Reaction77
31-01-08, 23:06
Super sexy sector. Its very refreshing to see vegetation inside a city environment. And a river?!? It looks like the sort of zone that would contain a school or something, anyone ever notice that there is a distinct lack or schools/children/babies in NC?

Napalm82
31-01-08, 23:07
Wow, i havent seen that place in 6 years, i love that place, seems so much more...energetic / lively.

Via Rosso should be more like that.

- Napalm

JC_Denton2
31-01-08, 23:13
It's certainly my favourite of the neofrag sectors and if they introduced this and another zone or two in, that would be sweet, but... why?

It would take a lot of effort changing the other neocron zones to allow this one in. What would be inside? More sectors inside NC definitely makes it seem like a city but there are so few people spread out of so many zones already that i'm sure people would go there, have a look around and leave.

KK shouldn't work on this unless it was some sort of content zone that added new missions or Faction HQ or such.

All valid points except the one about changing existing NC zones to fit one like this in, I'll post some screenshots of unused walls that would be perfect to knock down to fit in a new walkway to a new sector.

I think this game would greatly benefit from a ton more class defining items, some new zones within the city would be a nice "clean slate" if you will to start up some new quests.

StevenJ
31-01-08, 23:22
Using this mall-style area, with doors to the more industrial style NF1 deck 1, and perhaps even the spacey style NF, I think KK could easily have the bulk of a new mini-city...

aenema
01-02-08, 00:17
First, fix the game, then, add content ;)

JC_Denton2
01-02-08, 00:19
First, fix the game, then, add content ;)

It's not as easy as "fix the game" content is wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier to implement and faster.

Necpock
01-02-08, 02:17
Yah actually, KK, you should remove safe sectors from Neocron and make a sector with that map as the tradeskilling area/poking area etc.
Perhaps you should even put an entrance to it in every faction HQ, rather then a nonsafe zone to safe zone.

naimex
01-02-08, 09:46
... plants are dead, just look at the wasteland...

its cactus and stuff all over.

Only reason it is in the neofrag is because it's not real...

Ghargoil
01-02-08, 09:51
They should've added more city, industrial, and outzone sectors instead of more dungeons. That's my opinion. Too many dungeon type maps break the illusion of a continuous world, and I'm not even just talking about leveling dungeons (though I mostly am), but I also mean the plethora of e.g., electric club entrances.

I mean, I can understand the original sewers not having doors and all that, but now there are tons of places that have corridors and so on replaced with a clickable object that teleports you to some new map.

silent000
01-02-08, 10:22
anyone ever notice that there is a distinct lack or schools/children/babies in NC?

I ate them all

nellus
01-02-08, 10:39
They should've added more city, industrial, and outzone sectors instead of more dungeons. That's my opinion. Too many dungeon type maps break the illusion of a continuous world, and I'm not even just talking about leveling dungeons (though I mostly am), but I also mean the plethora of e.g., electric club entrances.

I mean, I can understand the original sewers not having doors and all that, but now there are tons of places that have corridors and so on replaced with a clickable object that teleports you to some new map.

But as the game doesn't support continuous zone loading or what ever its called these zone lines or portals as you call them are needed to allow the system to load up a fixed area or zone. its just like walking through 2 doors closing one behind you before opening the one infront.
Its all still part of the same world so i can't understand your problem with it, what is a seedy red light district without seedy clubs? or a city without sewers?

Ghargoil
01-02-08, 10:49
Thanks for enlightening me on that subject -- I was referring to a world that seems continuous, i.e. a building that is the size of a small house does not contain inside of it a gigantic amphitheater accessible via right-click. Or the fact that all the zoning done in the old maps were done in such a way that it was not blatantly obvious that whatever passageway you were taking was designed to allow the game to load the next map in as seamless of a fashion that they could do back in the day.

RisingSun
01-02-08, 11:29
Yeh to be honest I hate the whole idea that the Mall was accessed from TH, DoY and NC just by clicking a portal and you appeared in this rediculously sized box room because no one had bothered to actually design a proper map. That is the worst example of the lack of continuity in this game. Stuff like that detracts from drawing you in.

Riddle
01-02-08, 11:36
... plants are dead, just look at the wasteland...

its cactus and stuff all over.

Only reason it is in the neofrag is because it's not real...

I am with Naimex on this one.

Neofrag, a kind of simulator like the holodeck on the enterprise (For you trekkies out there). It would have been designed to reflect a world of yester year. A way to escape the cyberpunk world outside!

Now we abuse it and use this relaxation area to hone our combat skills necessary to survive the streets of Pepper park.

danmalone
01-02-08, 12:07
I am with Naimex on this one.

Neofrag, a kind of simulator like the holodeck on the enterprise (For you trekkies out there). It would have been designed to reflect a world of yester year. A way to escape the cyberpunk world outside!

Now we abuse it and use this relaxation area to hone our combat skills necessary to survive the streets of Pepper park.

I can see why ppl are saying NF is the world of 'yesteryear' but surely the inside of the city should be well... more looked after? Not meaning pepper park... But surely viarosso (where all the rich ppl have their lvl3 appt's) could be decorated to go with its surroundings.... Mebbe remove some of the bums that lurk the sectors and add sum more plant life etc etc. Same with plaza, it needs a lil more life added to it. I for one would like to see the NF deck used a lil more widely, even if it is used as a template for a new mall ;)

Riddle
01-02-08, 13:04
http://mib.r-appert.ch/screens/via04.jpg

oi look Palm trees!!

http://mib.r-appert.ch/screens/via07.jpg
and Via is awsome, sleek, modern with a touch of overspill from the surrounding sectors

danmalone
01-02-08, 13:23
they look like old screenies to me ;)

zii
01-02-08, 16:16
hell, yeah. Move some of the neofrag zones into plaza 5 and 6. No point wasting these in Neofrag. It already has plenty of zones for it.

The NF zones that are removed from NF could be replaced with NF zones for those with hacknet skills. The entry system in its current form might not be able to stop tanks, but this is not a big deal because a tank cannot really use hacknet weapons because of his low INT. Alternativly there could be a check that denies tanks access like a tank and a hacktool verses the GenRep.
Not that this matters, because its a virtual reality simulation so there is no harm in letting tanks into it anyway. Its not as if they would really cause a problem there anyhow.

Riddle
01-02-08, 17:53
they look like old screenies to me ;)
shhhh....Can i help it:cool:

danmalone
01-02-08, 18:29
shhhh....Can i help it:cool:

Glad u confirmed it.... i was itching to get home to make sure i was right :lol:

Riddle
01-02-08, 18:54
Glad u confirmed it.... i was itching to get home to make sure i was right :lol:

Not the only one itching to get home! Friday night Beers are chillin' and the Mrs is out, Kids asleep, so roll on NC!

The only question is... Shop, Level, or gank :)

Doc Holliday
01-02-08, 19:04
Not the only one itching to get home! Friday night Beers are chillin' and the Mrs is out, Kids asleep, so roll on NC!

The only question is... Shop, Level, or gank :)

like that really requires thought. you obviously proclaim how good you are all over ooc and how know one can beat you and your the best pvpar evar!!!111

hang on a minute....

someone already does that. i guess u just gotta go and gank them then logan. then repair their shit after u broke it :)

Ghargoil
01-02-08, 20:25
Yeh to be honest I hate the whole idea that the Mall was accessed from TH, DoY and NC just by clicking a portal and you appeared in this rediculously sized box room because no one had bothered to actually design a proper map. That is the worst example of the lack of continuity in this game. Stuff like that detracts from drawing you in.

Exactly my point.

RisingSun
01-02-08, 22:52
To be honest i think the next neocron mall should actually be in neocron not in this stupid big zone in the middle of nowhere. Frankly it should be in this neofrag zone. Lots of space plus room for expansion ;)

danmalone
04-02-08, 14:54
distinct lack or schools/children/babies in NC?

I can vision this now.... Start out fresh in MC5, and as ur main skills progress ur char progresses through the stages (kid/teen/adult)... U get bigger and stronger as a tank, spies could look more intelligent (dont ask me how tho :p).

Riddle
04-02-08, 15:24
like that really requires thought. you obviously proclaim how good you are all over ooc and how know one can beat you and your the best pvpar evar!!!111

hang on a minute....

someone already does that. i guess u just gotta go and gank them then logan. then repair their shit after u broke it :)

LOL,

I PWN you ALL on my evil Alt, then Spam OOC...... No, wait a minute your right someone else has that monopoly in OOC:angel:

*Hides in shop ;)