PDA

View Full Version : CopBot's in P2

Tiberious
30-01-08, 21:32
I was just wondering what everyone else thought about the guards in plaza2...

I'm not sure how you can actually pvp and have fun with the guards up your ass constantly and they tend to react to not the first person that draws a gun, not the second but usually the third person that draws a gun is shot. Personally I hate them (as you can tell ;p) and in my opinion they should either be removed or replaced with guards that react to bad SL only.

What does everyone else think?

Felix88
30-01-08, 21:39
Hi,Well I dont really have much experience with NC2 but sounds like they might shoot at who ever is more of a threat perhaps DOY faction or class,recent kills etc or perhaps theres some sort of "Hate Meter" maybe someone could test that out also it could be the distance closest target=splat or the weapons for example..

Player 1 pulls out a pistol :)
Player 2 pulls out a knife :wtf:
Player 3 pulls out a rocket launcher :mad:

*Once again I probably have no idea what im talking about*

Nidhogg
30-01-08, 21:47
Plaza is a protected area in the heart of the commercial district of the city. It's always going to be monitored by Copbots.

N

solling
30-01-08, 21:57
i think they should be there ad nid say it IS the heart of the city.

Tiberious
30-01-08, 22:09
Plaza is a protected area in the heart of the commercial district of the city. It's always going to be monitored by Copbots.

N

Fair enough but since it is obviously the main area for pvp wouldn't it make more sense to re,place them with Copbots that react to SL so that pvp and rp is met halfway...

RisingSun
30-01-08, 22:24
They're there to discourage zone whoring. Try luring people away from zoneline and the copbots. You'll find the fight is much more exciting without a definite escape route.

Nidhogg
30-01-08, 22:43
There's more to Neocron than P1 for chatting and P2 for fighting. Get out and see the world! I hear Sieger's vulnerable at the moment... ;)

N

William Antrim
30-01-08, 23:12
The zone line huggers are the ones who dont want them. Real men pvp in the wastes or in Pepper Park.

Personally I have no problem with them as I tend to pick my fights when there arent any of them around.

DIS
30-01-08, 23:22
The cops are fine as long as you fight in the middle of P2, less zone hogging and more fighting tbh :D

Zheo
30-01-08, 23:27
If KK would fix up the DOME Crahn HQ which IS A pvp area, I'd do fight nights but NOO your not allowed to or so I was told. So We have a right to complain Mr Nidd. and remember zone hopping is a talent you have to keep an eye on your HP unless you bring six ppus :D

Selket
30-01-08, 23:47
Zoneline fighting is lame, bitchy and let the brain shrink and of course amazingly gay.

Really that sucks so hard that in pl 2 is PvP ONLY.

Give the copbots back the killerfreeze and everything is ok

Riddle
30-01-08, 23:51
I am going to be controversial and say give the cops Bigger guns!!

Kill those dam zone whores :) make cops react faster and do more damage :cool:

There's no more to PvP in P2 as there is in Countersrike or any other FPS generic, it gets BORING very quick.

yet i always get a Rush from an OP war :)

Get out and fight how NC meant for you to fight or go to PP ...... god forbid you may risk a belt loss:rolleyes:

Apocalypsox
30-01-08, 23:59
Its not a damn PVP zone. Deal with it.

Also, they arent that hard to kill. but they should have a longer respawn time.

Zheo
31-01-08, 00:47
actually as long as their are safe zones, there will be zone whores making the copbots do uber damage will just screw everything up.

However how about putting doors on the sectors that take say ten seconds to open, for security reasons. Noobie tries to run, noobie gets to door, door doesnt open noobie dies.

Have like four copbots at the doors, so people trying to hug them get owned. but this would need to be the case at ALL safe zones or the area would just change.

I only zone pvp to pass time, instead of logging of NC and playing halo. Though TBH halo is more fun when your just looking for some quick action, you have to feel up NC before she puts out the good stuff

aenema
31-01-08, 01:44
Pepper Park should be the main fighting zone, not plaza 2... makes no sense and looks stupid. I prefer the atmosphere of the Red Light disctrict too ;)

Sharper Blade
31-01-08, 01:53
i think maybe bringing back the pepper 1 pvp zone with plaza the safe zone and pepper park the fighting place, just like old times. just remove the copbots on the zoneline and i betcha that would make alot of people happy

Kanedax
31-01-08, 03:42
The problem with pepper park is the club being a safe zone, what could be done about that is making the club a non safe zone but also putting a few more guards in, maybe some tsunami ones for aesthetic effect, therefor it wouldnt cause all out war inside the club although that would be awesome. All in all making the club a non safe zone allows people to be able to zone to buy a bit of time but it also allows their attacker to be able to follow and kill them at the risk of running into a few more guards than might be wanted.

landofcake
31-01-08, 12:30
I've often found that sometimes the copbots are there, sometimes they aren't ...

Perhaps because people have killed them, and there usually tends to be at least one stuck in the water by the bar ...

I also agree that the way they react to drawn weapons is strange, i think the list goes something like this:

1: SXR Tag
2: Red SL
3: Drawn weapon

:D

Giving the copbots back the insane freeze that they had before will either be great, as it'll draw people to fight in places they normally wouldn't, or it'd just piss people off and they'll cancel, or something similar.

Faid
31-01-08, 16:46
lol #1 definately feels true at times :p

Plus I've heard the copbots can't swim too well... :angel:

William Antrim
31-01-08, 18:18
Make plaza 1 non safe again but double the copbots there and make the reaction to weapons like the OLD RED SL reaction time.

Ie - First vocal warning

1 second later - second vocal warning

1 second later - dead runner.

The streets should be dangerous. Deals can be done from peoples apartments. Whats the point in decorating apartments if noone but the apt owner gets to see them.

The best way to stop safe zone whoring is to remove the damn safe zones.

Hqs should be kept as safe zones however, the traders can still go there at least.

I guess all that this would do is make people pvp outside their faction hqs.

The other suggestion is make the city non belt drop and ONLY have the wastes as belt drop.

If you go out there in the harsh dangerous reality you WILL lose something. But then I suppose the flip side of that is, noone would go into the wastes any more for fear of losing their boots. o_O

landofcake
31-01-08, 18:24
Make plaza 1 non safe again but double the copbots there and make the reaction to weapons like the OLD RED SL reaction time.

Ie - First vocal warning

1 second later - second vocal warning

1 second later - dead runner.

The streets should be dangerous. Deals can be done from peoples apartments. Whats the point in decorating apartments if noone but the apt owner gets to see them.

The best way to stop safe zone whoring is to remove the damn safe zones.

Hqs should be kept as safe zones however, the traders can still go there at least.

I guess all that this would do is make people pvp outside their faction hqs.

The other suggestion is make the city non belt drop and ONLY have the wastes as belt drop.

If you go out there in the harsh dangerous reality you WILL lose something. But then I suppose the flip side of that is, noone would go into the wastes any more for fear of losing their boots. o_O

People would probably just end up fighting at the DRE HQ zoneline again ...

I do miss the copbots saying "PUT YOUR WEAPON DOWNNN" though ...

Riddle
31-01-08, 19:01

Only a temporary measure iirc, as pops cannot support faction HQ defence, the decision was made to keep them safezones.

If we had the pops they would not be safezones, then when your Faction gets attacked by an enemy faction you all go a running :)

Safe zones are fine you need somewhere to get some downtime, go afk without reprisal it's the dam zone line thats the issue :(

RisingSun
31-01-08, 19:27
Maybe new trader zone called the Plaza Market which has all the correct shops, GR, GoGos, Medicentre but the entrance has big slow opening doors and copbots posted at it.

It would be the only safe zone in-game. All HQ's have decent amount of guards that shoot enemy factions and Low SL'ers on sight. Copbots at entrance to Plaza Market shoot people with drawn weapons still.

This means people who want to zone whore can only try it at entrance to the plaza market and even then the big doors that take so long to open pretty much mean you're dead if you try to make a run for it. Make the doors ones that slide up, not sideways so they can't be bugged to stay open.

Would hopefully encourage people to not zone-whore at this spot and actually go out and risk themselves for once.

The thing is there are people who like the Plaza 2 zoneline fights as pretty much guaranteed fight (whether fair or not).

Some people like the copbots some people don't. You could make a zone off the Market called the Back Alleys and have a zoneline for zone whores with no copbots shooting you.

Thereby everyone is appeased no?

Jest
31-01-08, 20:36
Taking away the Plaza 1 safezone would be awesome. I like thought of the only safezones being HQs and clubs. For one, anti-city factions just chilling in Plaza 1 is kind of ridiculous.

Keep GRs in HQs. Add them into clubs. Boosh, new variety for safezones, but people would still need to venture into the world for parts/grease/etc, unless they were in an HQ, in which case they'd then limit their clientel. But I like the thought of people actually tradeskilling from their HQ. :)

Finne
31-01-08, 20:59
Taking away the Plaza 1 safezone would be awesome. I like thought of the only safezones being HQs and clubs. For one, anti-city factions just chilling in Plaza 1 is kind of ridiculous.

Keep GRs in HQs. Add them into clubs. Boosh, new variety for safezones, but people would still need to venture into the world for parts/grease/etc, unless they were in an HQ, in which case they'd then limit their clientel. But I like the thought of people actually tradeskilling from their HQ. :)

yeah, that would be cool

Mighty Max
31-01-08, 21:57
Well i think, that there is one place for all to meet up is what made the better out of the playercount. The Plaza feels busy again.

Taking out plaza 1 as safezone would again split the playerbase and would make many feel alone again. A definate and bold NO from me.

Im with you guys about Zonewhoring not beeing the non-plusultra (Yet some seem to have fun by concentrating on these fights), but plaza1 non safe wouldn't change anything on this. The'd just move to the next zoneline.

RisingSun
31-01-08, 22:42
To be honest zone-whoring is a tiny insignificant problem in the scheme of things. I take back my earlier post. I don't want ANYTHING changed with respect to this, because that would mean people at KK would be thinking about the wrong problems when this game has plenty more important things that need working out.

Come on, this is hardly that important!

Simple fix, draw people away from the zoneline.

Done.

Reaction77
31-01-08, 22:49
Thats exactly why they are there, to stop people from staying next to the zoneline. Like Rising Sun said, stay away from the zoneline and you wont get shot by copbots.

solling
31-01-08, 23:11
if p1 wasent a safezone tho it would be abandoned. Its been done before and it was NOT a success.

let p1 stay as it is its a great place to hangout an get tradeskilling done.

Necpock
01-02-08, 02:12
Plaza 2 is the only place where casual players can PvP.
Its also one of the last places you can PvP without experiencing major clip due to it's size. (Although its still pretty bad)

Time has taken the hotspots out of pepper park, to plaza 1 to MB and now to plaza 2.

I also think the copbots are bugged seeing they hold aggro over zonelines... thats rediculous.

I'm all for removing copbots from p2.

solling
01-02-08, 02:39
its not the ONLY place u can casual pvp its the Easiest plaze u can pvp , meaning that u actually wont have to move ur lazy butt more then 1 zone away from p1 :p

tbh tho i also like fighting in p2 its fun and u can always go look there for enemies. I would not mind the general pvp zone to be pepper park or anywhere else for that matter tho but p2 seem to be the easy way, so its always full.

Zheo
01-02-08, 07:26
I think the problem is that because you are almost guaranteed to find someone to fight with people can't be bothered to wait for some one to show up. That is part of the problem.

Ghargoil
01-02-08, 09:53

N

I second that motion.

zii
01-02-08, 16:10
Whats the big deal. Its a good place for casual & fun pvp.

If someone does not like this then there are plenty of other places on the map for pvp, visiting shops, soloing mobs etc. Otherwise, use a GR.

I know that if I wander cross the zone line I can spend a little time practicing my pvp skills and then, once happy, can run into the wastelands and hunt runners.

Tikuto
02-02-08, 13:07
I'd rather have protection than no protection. Who wants to pay for that? (sounds like my brother's life lol). Hm... :P