PDA

View Full Version : Black Prophecy

Felix88
30-01-08, 15:33
http://www.blackprophecy.com/ I thought it was an exspansion for Neocron 2 :confused:

Zefrian
30-01-08, 15:38
http://www.blackprophecy.com/ I thought it was an exspansion for Neocron 2 :confused:As far as we know in public, it wasn't and it won't be. It will be a completely other game.

Felix88
30-01-08, 15:50
So whats going on with Neocron2 then im not really sure if I should sub again after seeing this will they still fix bugs,content updates etc? Or are they going to focus on their new project and forget about NC2....... :(

Riddle
30-01-08, 15:52
Or are they going to focus on their new project and forget about NC2....... http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/frown.gif

The question on every runners mind tbh.....

I may be reading into this quote, but looks like we will get an update at some time in the future :angel:

Thanks for your report.
This will be corrected with the next update.

~close~

Zefrian
30-01-08, 15:59
So whats going on with Neocron2 then im not really sure if I should sub again after seeing this will they still fix bugs,content updates etc? Or are they going to focus on their new project and forget about NC2....... :(see here, the most recent posting from Carnage : http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2117946&postcount=2

According to that posting there will be fixes ... so do not worry.

All the other wanting to start answers like "HAHAHA, did you remember KK saying ... and then ..." ... shut up! :D ;) :cool:

Jaeon
30-01-08, 16:07
NC is too good and unique to become forgotten and dead. Not like most fantasy MMO's.

Tbh, NC is unique in its cyberpunkish postapocalyptic mood.

Just fix the goddamn bugs KK ;)

Brammers
30-01-08, 16:11
A small little plug for - http://www.prophecy-network.com/ it's small unofficial fansite for Black Prophecy.

Only the forums are running at the moment, more parts of the site will come online when KK start releasing more information on their new game.

carbonkink
03-02-08, 07:36
Bah, I am definitely not looking forward to this game at all :/

I just hope KK can keep up with updates to NC.

Ghargoil
03-02-08, 21:34
To Reakktor: When will there be official forums for BP?

MoonDragn
04-02-08, 17:32
That game looks like a EVE clone. Lets hope it doesn't have the same problems like in EVE with metagaming characters and pirates dominating most of the game but are actually tied to legit corporations.

Eve was great til they moved and diminished all the resources making it hard for any average corp to win over pirates.

CMaster
04-02-08, 17:58
That game looks like a EVE clone. Lets hope it doesn't have the same problems like in EVE with metagaming characters and pirates dominating most of the game but are actually tied to legit corporations.

Eve was great til they moved and diminished all the resources making it hard for any average corp to win over pirates.

What we know so far suggests that BP will be far more action orientated than EvE, and probably considerably simpler than Neocron. Liklehood is you will have to directly control the flight and weapons of your ship, especially seeing as larger ships will apparently need a crew. Don't expect to see mining as a big part of the game either - although this is all just guesses of course - unless someone from KK would care to elaborate?

MoonDragn
04-02-08, 18:05
What we know so far suggests that BP will be far more action orientated than EvE, and probably considerably simpler than Neocron. Liklehood is you will have to directly control the flight and weapons of your ship, especially seeing as larger ships will apparently need a crew. Don't expect to see mining as a big part of the game either - although this is all just guesses of course - unless someone from KK would care to elaborate?

woot now that would be a game. That mining in EVE was like the worse. I was never so bored in my life. Unfortunately it was the surest way to get ahead.

Brammers
04-02-08, 18:06

Maybe an EvE clone in graphics style, I would agree with that.

What I gather that sets Black Prophecy and EvE apart, is the gameplay. EvE is very tactical and very much click and wait

From what KK have said, and from the leaked video it looks more like a FPS. I'm sure someone from KK will spill some more details soon!

/Edit: Beaten by CMaster!

MoonDragn
04-02-08, 18:35
Sounds more like Jumpgate Evolution then. That game is in development also.

Riddle
04-02-08, 19:03
Sounds more like Jumpgate Evolution then. That game is in development also.

Stuff Black Prohecy tbh, Neocron Forever!!

I smell another forum whore http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif

View Profile: MoonDragn
PostsTotal Posts: 14 (14 posts per day!!!!!)

MoonDragn
04-02-08, 19:28
Stuff Black Prohecy tbh, Neocron Forever!!

I smell another forum whore http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif

View Profile: MoonDragn
PostsTotal Posts: 14 (14 posts per day!!!!!)

LOL, I usually only post when theres something interesting to post about :P

DrRisk
04-02-08, 19:46

Eve was great til they moved and diminished all the resources making it hard for any average corp to win over pirates.Pirates don't exist in EVE anymore. They all died off when the alliances moved into 0.0

MoonDragn
04-02-08, 21:50
Pirates don't exist in EVE anymore. They all died off when the alliances moved into 0.0

Dang! I should have stayed then... It was pretty bad when I played. They used cheats etc and it wasn't much fun fighting them.

landofcake
04-02-08, 22:15
What video of Black Prophecy ?

Odin
08-02-08, 20:01
What video of Black Prophecy ?

A video pulled so fast I didn't even get to see it :(

Nidhogg
08-02-08, 21:02
It was just a tech demo but it was absolutely fantastic looking. :) Read the preview on IGN for their thoughts - they kinda liked it. ;)

N

james_finn
08-02-08, 21:22

Hehehe, even I saw it, Odin your too slow :P

And yes looked awesome - although pretty static however im sure that will change once more assets get implimented

/me waits for an official video....

DrRisk
08-02-08, 22:54
Dang! I should have stayed then... It was pretty bad when I played. They used cheats etc and it wasn't much fun fighting them.No they don't cheat they just use Scrams and webs and lots of Nano

Brammers
09-02-08, 00:31
No they don't cheat they just use Scrams and webs and lots of Nano

If you are in 0.0 space, thats what you should be expecting. In Empire space (0.5 upwards) you should be fine, unless your Corp is at war.

CHA0S
09-02-08, 19:08
It was just a tech demo but it was absolutely fantastic looking. :) Read the preview on IGN for their thoughts - they kinda liked it. ;)

N

You have to say how good it is......whether u like it or not :lol: :lol:
and the rest of the KK "clan" members hehe :D

Nidhogg
09-02-08, 19:50
You have to say how good it is......whether u like it or not :lol: :lol:
and the rest of the KK "clan" members hehe :D
That's why I pointed you at IGN. Go see what they have to say if you don't believe me.

N

kane
20-02-08, 03:12
I think its bad to promote the game here I mean your ruining the player base :(

carbonkink
20-02-08, 08:17
I think its bad to promote the game here I mean your ruining the player base :(

I totally agree :/ but I guess it's ok since it won't be coming out for a while.

flib
20-02-08, 18:33
and the rest of the KK "klan" members hehe :D
lawl
That's pretty funny Cha0s, I see what you did thar.

Ghargoil
21-02-08, 02:09

Damn, that's unfortunate! Would've thought that your seniority would override that pull though :p

MoonDragn
21-02-08, 18:48
No they don't cheat they just use Scrams and webs and lots of Nano

When I last played, they used exploits to do extra dmg to people, more than they should have been doing. It was a bug that they fixed later but the pirates knew all sorts of ways like that to cheat.

DrRisk
21-02-08, 18:56
Thats like.......BETA..........lol

MoonDragn
21-02-08, 21:32
Thats like.......BETA..........lol

No man, it worked. MOO used it to kill alot of people before the devs shut them down.

DrRisk
24-02-08, 01:07
Moo.They are a joke. And still very much alive :/