PDA

View Full Version : Where to spec ressing to?

Bob Arctor
25-01-08, 17:47
Going to be LOMing my spy to pistol/research soon but I'm having trouble on Nskill getting a decent amount of res skill. How much is it possible to get from implants? And how much do you realistically need to res rares without popping too many?

In NC1 I was able to have a fairly competant rifle spy who could research rares to a decent standard and also construct (albeit not brilliantly), and that was without capping or using any MC5 chips. Has it been made much harder to spec tradeskills? Is it viable to be competent at fighting and have a tradeskill on the side?

Riddle
25-01-08, 18:25
Going to be LOMing my spy to pistol/research soon but I'm having trouble on Nskill getting a decent amount of res skill. How much is it possible to get from implants?
RES bonus imps:-
TechHaven CPU +9.91
Special Science +7.86
MC5 Hawking +10.45
Advanced Nerves 3 +5.92
Res Glove +13.92
SUB TOTAL = +48
Blue Fairy Drug +9.06
TOTAL = +57

If you have access to a friendly OP you can add more http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif

Although you would have to select only some of these with pistol Combat Imps also

And how much do you realistically need to res rares without popping too many? I would say around 175-180 would be ok if you didn't mind losing the odd one.

In NC1 I was able to have a fairly competant rifle spy who could research rares to a decent standard and also construct (albeit not brilliantly), and that was without capping or using any MC5 chips. Has it been made much harder to spec tradeskills? Is it viable to be competent at fighting and have a tradeskill on the side?Not really viable these days it's pure Trade or PvP. I had to lom my Multitradeskiller to PURE who used to CST/RES/IMP REC/REP :) on release.
Res isn't to bad in fact i know a few PPU's who can res reasonable with buffs and self poking. But i would say CST you need to be PURE due to slot chance calculations.

As a pistol spy your up close, would need to be using Nanites so you would need points in IMP(There go's good balance of WEP and RES) You would also be advised to have a resist imp in your head, so 3 slots left in your head :p

I'd put it out there see what people come back with in Nskill :)

Bob Arctor
25-01-08, 18:28
Thanks for your help! I'll mull that over for a bit and see what I come up with :)

SorkZmok
25-01-08, 18:28
Twice the TL to make sure you won't break any rares.

If you plan on researching MC5 parts and/or TL 150 missions, get as much research as you can. If not you can get away with 200ish research.

Most you can get is 223 with 100 int in research, MC5 Hawkins cpu, TH cpu, special sciene, res glove, advanced nerves 3 and a construct buff.

With a Blue Fairy and a holy const buff you'll hit 245 and if you're in a clan with a lab that'll be 295.

Matanius
25-01-08, 19:30
Ok, seemed interesting so I thought I'd have a pop :p Please bear in mind that I don't play pistols or a trader atm so I'm certainly no authority on either.

This set-up requires a blue fairy to drug to 180 res (minimum for techs as I understand). It shows you using nanite resists on fire and energy with a total of 8 shots, this gives you 2 more shots for heal nanites (crap as they are you need the res glove so no psi heal for you :() Can someone also please confirm for me that 81 imp is enough to use the nanite tools? I seem to remember this being right (been so long since I've actually used nanites, lol)

Unfortunately not the fastest guy around and doesn't have as much wep lore as one might like but I squeezed as much as I could of both out of him within the short time I tried this. Besides, I'm sure you don't expect it to be amazing amyway :lol:

Up to you what you do with psi. You won't be using psi heal, so no point speccing that it seems. However, I hear that resist psi can reduce the effects of certain PPU buffs so I just left it blank.

I think that's about it. Like I said, don't expect it to be used, gives you some sort of idea though I hope.

EDIT: OK, can't add attatchments and can't seem to figure out how to upload this image. Do I need to host it somewhere on the web first?

Jest
25-01-08, 19:38
With 100 base weapon lore your could get 140 base research. I would keep personally keep a full combat implant setup. If you wanted to research rares you could grab a glove and hit a friendly op to give you 175 research. Wouldn't be great but would give up the chance to continue your pistolero without much of a gimp.

Glok
25-01-08, 22:52
EDIT: OK, can't add attatchments and can't seem to figure out how to upload this image. Do I need to host it somewhere on the web first?You need to co to forum 'user cp' -> 'manage attachments' and delete a few. There used to be a bar telling you when you hit the limit.. :o

Matanius
26-01-08, 01:36
You need to co to forum 'user cp' -> 'manage attachments' and delete a few. There used to be a bar telling you when you hit the limit.. :o Hmmm...I went and deleted them but still can't add an attachment :(

Glok
26-01-08, 01:48
Hm. Then you're cursed. :p

Beats me really, I had to do that not so long ago and it worked. :confused:

Bob Arctor
26-01-08, 04:14
With 100 base weapon lore your could get 140 base research. I would keep personally keep a full combat implant setup. If you wanted to research rares you could grab a glove and hit a friendly op to give you 175 research. Wouldn't be great but would give up the chance to continue your pistolero without much of a gimp.

The plan is also to spec implant to about 65 so that I can poke to Tl81 with a glove and should be able to swap between tradeskill and combat setups fairly easily. Will knob me over a bit in regard to nanites if I rely on an implant glove for poking though, hmm.

How much WPL should one try and aim for when fighting with pistols?

Glok
26-01-08, 04:56
I made a quick setup for you. 10 nanite injections -shouldn't- give you a nanite intoxication bar, then use TL3 heal and survival kits for healing. Shown in combat mode. Put res glove and use blue fairy for 158 research, imp glove and nightspider to poke 115 (self buff first for 158 res)

edit: Swap the pistol imps for rifle imps for FL Dissy etc. 115 dex isn't required for pistols but the best imps add up to that anyways.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/neosigs/pistolresspy.jpg

Attachments are disabled in this forum for some reason. :o

And now I bet the thread will be moved.

Matanius
26-01-08, 11:08
Bah, so why on Earth can we not post attatchements? (Open question) And how do I make it so the character sheet shows up as an image as you have done my good man?

Glok
26-01-08, 15:09
Go to http://photobucket.com/ and make an account. :)

Matanius
27-01-08, 11:56
Ok, seemed interesting so I thought I'd have a pop :p Please bear in mind that I don't play pistols or a trader atm so I'm certainly no authority on either.

This set-up requires a blue fairy to drug to 180 res (minimum for techs as I understand). It shows you using nanite resists on fire and energy with a total of 8 shots, this gives you 2 more shots for heal nanites (crap as they are you need the res glove so no psi heal for you :() Can someone also please confirm for me that 81 imp is enough to use the nanite tools? I seem to remember this being right (been so long since I've actually used nanites, lol)

Unfortunately not the fastest guy around and doesn't have as much wep lore as one might like but I squeezed as much as I could of both out of him within the short time I tried this. Besides, I'm sure you don't expect it to be amazing amyway :lol:

Up to you what you do with psi. You won't be using psi heal, so no point speccing that it seems. However, I hear that resist psi can reduce the effects of certain PPU buffs so I just left it blank.

I think that's about it. Like I said, don't expect it to be used, gives you some sort of idea though I hope.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/lyras_dad/Pistol-Trader.jpg

Hope that helps in some way